test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Theory about the next season.

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
This season will be a series of strategic losses for the Alliance. The Iconians begin a systematic reign of destruction. Many of the major planets will have events and damage.

We will be losing badly. It will be resisting their advance.

Tuvok or Harry Kim will lead a team into the delta quadrant with the intention of gaining access to Annorax's time ship. The Vaardwuar we befriended will be among those who help us, and it's likely through them that we will find out of the ships existence (the Vaadwaur conquered the Krenim early in the DR storyline). Plus the Timeship was in the original preview video, and has since been removed. Or at least I think it was.

Just a thought.
Post edited by ddesjardins on

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    New accolades for an episode with Annorax in it:

1) My foot up your TRIBBLE
    2) You're a dumbass

Hey, they're getting creative with the new accolade names. Might as well do these.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

2) You're a dumbass

Hey, they're getting creative with the new accolade names. Might as well do these.

I like the cut of your jib mister!
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

2) You're a dumbass

Lawllll would love it if it called back to a time the 2370s aor a video and there was an accolade that read "That 70s Holdvid" lolollol
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    One problem with this:

Annorax's ship never existed. Tuvok and Harry Kim never encountered it. That entire timeline was reset.

Thank you, Brannon Braga. :rolleyes:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Makes sense to me. They have been teasing the Krenim for a while, after all.

I'm hoping the Iconian invasion is a big deal in-universe. I want planets sterilized, solar systems wiped out, minor species being extinguished or turned into more servitor races. I want major characters killed off, even (especially) canon characters we know from previous series. This has to be a big deal, or all that buildup is meaningless.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    New accolade for beating the Iconian threat:

open can of whoop-TRIBBLE

that says it all
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    One problem with this:

Annorax's ship never existed. Tuvok and Harry Kim never encountered it. That entire timeline was reset.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the theory, but who is to say Cryptic couldn't make him or someone else design a new one?
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Grind Grind and more Grind.

Hopefully, The Iconian Invasion isn't a complete letdown. It seems that everything in game has led us up to this point. Swing for the fences.

With that said, I see this going a couple of seasons at least maybe even an expansion bringing everything to a head.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am pretty sure we never saw the Weapon Ship in any trailer or teaser or anywhere, really.
    I watched them all when they were released, and very carefully.

No Krenim Time Weapon Ship. That is a rumour which persists. No idea where it came from.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I want a complete 180 on Season 11. Explore the fracking Beta Quadrant or a Gorn Rebellion Adventure Zone with Beta Quadrant exploring.
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    New accolade for beating the Iconian threat:

open can of whoop-TRIBBLE

that says it all

Nah, I'd go with "Get the Hell Out of Our Galaxy!" or something. It's not Star Trek, but it's still a great line :D
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One problem with this:

Actually at the end of the episode we see Annorax working on the same type of temporal calculations after the time ship had been destroyed, a cliffhanger if you will, suggesting that they were constructing the ship again. In the words of doctor Jetrel "it was a scientific inevitability".
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Not saying I agree or disagree with the theory, but who is to say Cryptic couldn't make him or someone else design a new one?
    Actually at the end of the episode we see Annorax working on the same type of temporal calculations after the time ship had been destroyed, a cliffhanger if you will, suggesting that they were constructing the ship again. In the words of doctor Jetrel "it was a scientific inevitability".

Of course the Voyager PTBs left that "cliffhanger" in... and, of course, Annorax presumably still exists in 2410, so Cryptic could presumably use him in an episode. I don't mind any of that.

However, my point still stands, and it's not a "theory": he never built the ship, at least that we are aware of. Even if he did, Tuvok and Harry Kim would have no clue about it, or Annorax, as Voyager's only encounter with the Krenim was a two-minute FaceTime call at the end of the episode. They never met him, and we're led to believe that they shouldn't even know about the Krenim's use of temporal/chroniton weaponry.

This is thanks to Brannon Braga, who was too scared to make "Year of Hell" a year-long story arc that wouldn't have been reset in the end. They, instead, made it a two-parter, and hit the temporal reset button... and all of that can be read about on Memory Alpha, if you don't believe me.

Cryptic can still use the Krenim, and they can find creative ways around this... but I hope they don't blindly follow some of these assumptions. Just because the audience knows something, that does NOT mean the characters do. If they throw the Krenim in without considering this, it will be a GIANT continuity gaffe.
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Krenim hear about whats going on and contact us, fixed !!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My money is on the introduction of T6-F (Fleet) ships, paving the way for T7 ships in the season/expansion after that.

The whole T6-F ship will be because we are, as the OP is saying, getting our butts wooped epicly, and only T6-F ships will be strong enough to take on the Iconians
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Unfortunately, as nice as it would be to wipe the Iconians from the face of reality, I wouldn't want to take the risk of changing the timeline so... boldly. Who knows how things would play out if the Iconians never existed? Not me, and I don't want to find out.
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Counter theory. D'Tan is revealed to be a deep cover Iconian agent who initially advocated for preserving the Iconian gateway because it is essential to the Iconian's master plan. But wasn't D'Tan working against the Tal'Shiar who have been revealed to be working for the Iconians you ask? "Shut up!" I answer, "The Tal'Shiar were so last season!"

D'Tan is killed, his Romulan Republic is revealed to be a self destructive ploy designed to weaken the Romulan people and the Alpha Quadrant as a whole. It is summarily disbanded in favor of a TNG style Star Empire where corrupt senators decide the fate of the entire empire via a byzantine code of laws and network of personal favors and influence so convoluted that nobody really understands it. Still, they all agree it's better than Epohh breeding.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »

that depends if the design ever existed in the reset time line to begin with for annorax.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Krenim civilization emphazised on Chroniton weaponry even without Annorax.
    I think the technological advancement of that civilization will just lead in that direction in the end.
    Like nuclear weapons will pop up sooner or later, even if the pioneer scientists decided not to go through with the technology.

If the tech is there, things will be build.

It may delay the development for a decade, or 50 years, or 100 years. But eventually...
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm hoping the Iconian invasion is a big deal in-universe. I want planets sterilized, solar systems wiped out, minor species being extinguished or turned into more servitor races. I want major characters killed off, even (especially) canon characters we know from previous series.

:eek:

You actually want this? Damn, I never realised there were Iconian
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Theory about the next season.

hum! more grind. but i can be wrong :P
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Of course the Voyager PTBs left that "cliffhanger" in... and, of course, Annorax presumably still exists in 2410, so Cryptic could presumably use him in an episode. I don't mind any of that.

He doesn't exist in 2410. You're forgetting that when voyager encountered him he had been on his quest for about 200 years, and was only still alive because none of the crew aged, as a result of the effects of living on the ship. Since history was altered and the ship never existed, he would have been dead for the last 200 years
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    He doesn't exist in 2410. You're forgetting that when voyager encountered him he had been on his quest for about 200 years, and was only still alive because none of the crew aged, as a result of the effects of living on the ship. Since history was altered and the ship never existed, he would have been dead for the last 200 years

Nice catch... and Exhibit A of why Brannon Braga is a terrible writer, LOL.

I'm sure you could attempt some temporal mechanics tech-tech to sidestep that mistake (oh, his temporal ship kept him outside of time, so the time passing IN the ship is different from OUTSIDE the ship)... but that point completely ruins the "Year of Hell" coda scene... and reinforces my main point even more. The Krenim could be a great addition to this game, but Cryptic needs to handle it carefully, or it will result in a giant continuity gaffe.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a feeling that other Krenim have been working on making another timeship or something. This is probably why Voyager is visiting them during the Kobali episode.

I still hope Daniels will be the fed temporal rep :)
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    tailraisertailraiser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    in the new FE at the end sela makes comments about how the iconians can't travel through time. maybe that has some relevance to this conversation?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice catch... and Exhibit A of why Brannon Braga is a terrible writer, LOL.

I'm sure you could attempt some temporal mechanics tech-tech to sidestep that mistake (oh, his temporal ship kept him outside of time, so the time passing IN the ship is different from OUTSIDE the ship)... but that point completely ruins the "Year of Hell" coda scene... and reinforces my main point even more. The Krenim could be a great addition to this game, but Cryptic needs to handle it carefully, or it will result in a giant continuity gaffe.
    Well, restoring his wife was simply his original goal. His initial attempts wrecked his civilization and most of his later meddling was trying to fix that. and yeah, they specifically said that anyone inside the Weapon Ship didn't age.
    tailraiser wrote: »
    in the new FE at the end sela makes comments about how the iconians can't travel through time. maybe that has some relevance to this conversation?
    gives a new reason for Iconians to have servitors doesn't it? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    :eek:

You Actually Want This? Damn, I Never Realised There Were Iconian
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone