test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uneasy Allies *spoilers*

pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Me and my friends are having the same problem with this.

We get to the part where you are on the edge with Sela and once the cut scene if over it says talk to Sela but she is invisible in the cut scene and no where to be seen after so we can't progress?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I can't progress this point either. Tried leaving the mission and re-entering, but apparently I can't. have to start over.

GG Cryptic. :rolleyes:
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You can go to Nopada in the Psi Velorum block to finish out the mission but you still miss out on any plot with talking to Sela and the escape sequence.

Also confirming that I had this problem too. Her model never spawns in for the cutscene with Taris on the "cliff" and isn't present afterwords either.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You can go to Nopada in the Psi Velorum block to finish out the mission but you still miss out on any plot with talking to Sela and the escape sequence.

Also confirming that I had this problem too. Her model never spawns in for the cutscene with Taris on the "cliff" and isn't present afterwords either.

Yeah, I just tried this, but it seems you skip the escape step of the mission and wind up back on Nopada. I was able to complete it.
  • presqueislepresqueisle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's not that Sela doesn't spawn or disappears. She runs back into the previous room and you're supposed to go talk to her to advance (you can see her indicator on the map). But the door between you is locked so you're stuck on the platform.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Stuck in same spot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i have also a problem, not the same, i died in the room where there is this kind of labyrinth, i have respawned outside the room on the platform, and i can't go again the room to disable the lazers

well, i have also now, the same problem
  • clamyfishstickclamyfishstick Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am also not able to talk to Sela or escape through the sealed door.
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm stuck there too right now. The Devs really rushed this one out the door too soon.
  • armitage95armitage95 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same here. However, I actually tried jumping off the platform and when I did (and died), I noticed that Sela's marker appeared on the far side of the map.

It doesn't make sense.:confused:
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    just keep beaming back down to the desert planet. It completes
  • spc1spc1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i have also a problem, not the same, i died in the room where there is this kind of labyrinth, i have respawned outside the room on the platform, and i can't go again the room to disable the lazers

well, i have also now, the same problem
    I have the same problem.
    I died in this "labirinth" and now i am outside the room on the platform, and cant go back or continue the story.
    :confused:
  • dimensiomdimensiom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am unable to get as far as the OP. The game has been crashing consistently once I find the saboteur after disarming the bombs in Engineering on Sela's ship. The game reverifies files when I launch it, and then when I load back in it crashes again.
  • bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Stuck as well. Sela did not show up in the cut scene even though based on what was siad, she should have been. Nor was she in the room once the cut scene was over.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • presqueislepresqueisle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bwleon7 wrote: »
    Stuck as well. Sela did not show up in the cut scene even though based on what was siad, she should have been. Nor was she in the room once the cut scene was over.

I can confirm that Sela was not visible on a subsequent playthrough though she was "there" and the cut scene played out as if she was. In any case, beaming up and traveling to Nopada will allow you to complete the mission once you reach the stuck platform stage, although you miss some explanatory plot.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i died in the room where there is this kind of labyrinth, i have respawned outside the room on the platform, and i can't go again the room to disable the lazers

Same here. Figures.
  • lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I figured out what the problem is. After jumping off of the cliff edge to see if I could respawn inside, I found the contact icon, and upon hovering over it, I found it was Sela. She spawns in about a hundred meters or so away from the balcony, in the void.
  • intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Having the same issues here. The door wont open to proceed. I've done the mission twice now.
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh how I just love Cryptic's regularly scheduled game F-ups post patch, they provide me with lots of laughs. Thumbs up soldiers!
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sigh.

Mission bugged. Respawns not working properly.
  • aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yup having the same issue as everyone else, do the developers even test there sht before they pop it out for release I mean Seriously ? How could you have missed a bug this game breaking in a mission o.O ?
  • quistraquistra Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I had this problem. I ran it again.

The problem seems to be that Sela doesn't actually follow you into the collimator room. She gets stuck at the console near the door you have to unlock after the Swarmers.

P.S.: Can we report the bugs without the personal attacks on the devs? These guys are doing their best.
    The artist formerly known as PlanetofHats.
    Actual join date: Open beta, 2009ish.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lucky, as said, I had to beam out and head to Nopada to finish.
    But I'm disappointed that you to do that. Don't know if it's a bug or intentional. Either way, Devs need to fix it, other there are going to be TON of angry players who don't know what to do.
  • bushtonbushton Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have the same problem with two different chars and factions.

Always good work Cryptic!
  • aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    quistra wrote: »
    I had this problem. I ran it again.

The problem seems to be that Sela doesn't actually follow you into the collimator room. She gets stuck at the console near the door you have to unlock after the Swarmers.

P.S.: Can we report the bugs without the personal attacks on the devs? These guys are doing their best.

Why shouldn't I be pissed at the dev's inability to test there product before releaseing it ? Whats the point of having Test Servers if there not going to actually use them to find And Fix bugs ?
  • iczeramciczeramc Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I figured out what the problem is. After jumping off of the cliff edge to see if I could respawn inside, I found the contact icon, and upon hovering over it, I found it was Sela. She spawns in about a hundred meters or so away from the balcony, in the void.

Yep, I found it funny she's like stuck glich jumping around out there.
    Oddly though I didn't get any marker telling me she was over there, I just landed and ran for like 1 sec before the game killed me again and I saw her out there trying to jump up lol
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same here: on the edge, Sela isn't there, door doesn't open.
    I warped out, hoping that warping back in will allow me to only replay the last part of the mission. But I cannot warp in anymore. I am next to the planet and cannot reactivate/continue the mission.
    I have 14 (+1 soon) toons and want to get the Rom set for my BOffs - so that'll be about 180 runs of the mission. I will not do another one till I know all bugs are fixed. I'll be playing this mission often enough anyways
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • quistraquistra Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aureleus wrote: »
    Why shouldn't I be pissed at the dev's inability to test there product before releaseing it ? Whats the point of having Test Servers if there not going to actually use them to find And Fix bugs ?

Because yelling at the devs won't fix the bug. Civilly posting as much information as you can on the bug itself will actually give them a pool of data to work from.
    The artist formerly known as PlanetofHats.
    Actual join date: Open beta, 2009ish.
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    quistra wrote: »
    Because yelling at the devs won't fix the bug. Civilly posting as much information as you can on the bug itself will actually give them a pool of data to work from.

THANK YOU. The way to make progress is not to bash the devs, it is to give them the bug info and patiently wait for a fix.

To be honest, I think the reason that the devs avoid the forums like the plague is because all they'll find is hate.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pennylong wrote: »
    Me and my friends are having the same problem with this.

We get to the part where you are on the edge with Sela and once the cut scene if over it says talk to Sela but she is invisible in the cut scene and no where to be seen after so we can't progress?

You're lucky you got so far... i was stuck 3 times because in the room with the orb thing I killed all the enemies before entering the room, so i was stuck with "defeat enemies" objective after I entered the room, with no enemies to defeat... :/

I finally did it right the 4th time -.-
    ryuga81.png
  • kmfrye2001kmfrye2001 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After you hears Sela say "Time to go", I found that beaming back to the ship sets one up for the next phase of the mission.

Yes, buggier that a Windows roll out, but a nice idea.