test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Server Timeouts ///RESOLVED///

Comments

• dwg38dwg38 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dogofegypt wrote: »
    I think it's far more then just timeouts. We've tried a new episode just moments before, and ugh... it was totally buggy, and the scripts in the labyrinth and on the balcony were that buggy that it wasn't even possible to continue the mission.

I don't think that was restricted to just the new content - the whole server seemed to be crawling before it went down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So moaning and complaining csbastion is the way to go when your playing a FREE game?! Really?! Get something for free and complain about it WOW you are priceless and tactless!

People wouldn't moan if Cryptic wasn't so... how do I put this nicely? Incompetent.

I've never played an MMO, F2P or otherwise, with this many frequent problems.
  • footlongfredfootlongfred Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if they gave players incentives to play a test server they tried out all these updates on ,I'm almost sure 95% of these silly issues could be nipped in the bud long before releasing the patch/update to the retail server. something simple like 25 zen for each hour you play on the test server, even if they set a maximum of hours you could claim zen for it would still generate more traffic on their test server than they currently have.
  • flashpowflashpow Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    going to get me some screwdriver drink... hopefully i won't be too drunk when STO comes online :D
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Login2_Timeout.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
  • sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's working for me, now. Thanks for the fix! :)

well, it's not working for me.
  • alanwinningalanwinning Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Then sov42 stop playing the game then i hate people who moan and complain about something they dont know the inner workings of and if you do then you should get yourself a job there.
  • vierchowoodvierchowood Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if they gave players incentives to play a test server they tried out all these updates on ,I'm almost sure 95% of these silly issues could be nipped in the bud long before releasing the patch/update to the retail server. something simple like 25 zen for each hour you play on the test server, even if they set a maximum of hours you could claim zen for it would still generate more traffic on their test server than they currently have.

Great Idea!
  • frozenfewfrozenfew Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    how about a refund?
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    husker1964 wrote: »
    Since most of us are players and don't work in the programming industry a little patience is needed. It is an inconvinience, but not unusual with an update or any new program to have bugs and glitches. Just calm down and take a deep breath. Everything will be ok.

how dare u use logic on a Forum :D
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • alanwinningalanwinning Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Working for me now, and all i needed was a little patience.
  • grouchiergrouchier Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do you people want to stop moaning and complaining and let them try and fix this.

Moaning? They havent done an implementation properly in years. When exactly can we moan?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i can login but i cant get past the fetching data on my characters before it kicks me out.

same deal login2_timeout
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • spectreofwar604spectreofwar604 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sylkrode wrote: »
    well, it's not working for me.

I spoke too soon, what worked now was the launcher, then I got to patch, and now it times out retrieving characters.

Still good news, though, originally I thought there might've been some issue with my password, possibly even TRIBBLE. At least that's all good :)
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    login 2 timed out
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • hatek666hatek666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    frozenfew wrote: »
    how about a refund?

ye i think all ppl that are paying should get something in return. a little token of some kind.
    edited March 2015
    Wish I had some Jagermeister to pass the time.
  • voidstaarvoidstaar Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe your company should transfer sto to a new game engine that is less buggy.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So moaning and complaining csbastion is the way to go when your playing a FREE game?! Really?! Get something for free and complain about it WOW you are priceless and tactless!

YOU may be playing for free, others are paying a sub and/or buying Zen. Just because the game *can* be played for free, doesn't mean that everyone playing it *is* playing for free.

With that said, I'm not complaining about the outage. Almost lunchtime for me anyway so with luck, the game will be back up when I get done eating.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • bowdonbowdon Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Same problem here.

It worked good before the patch, now it times out at retrieving my characters.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hatek666 wrote: »
    ye i think all ppl that are paying should get something in return. a little token of some kind.

cryptic hav only responded to the request for added time on an event or something to that event only a few times in the past, but general entitlement claims they have never paid any attention to as far as i am aware.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited March 2015
    voidstaar wrote: »
    Maybe your company should transfer sto to a new game engine that is less buggy.

You do realize how much work that would take, and thus how long? It would be quicker to make an entirely new game.
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    still down
  • migrenamigrena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I have to wait to log in, you are frivolous!
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey Captains! Please keep in mind that any flaming is considered against our forum rules. Keep the thread clean.

Notice how they don't take into account the last month of patches worked fine? No extra down time, the last FEW patches.

I say good job, doing whatever your doing now, before next week :D
    edited March 2015
    If it isn't up by 2 (EST) I'll have to bugger off and watch the Mythbusters destroy things.
  • dogofegyptdogofegypt Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Can't get past 'retrieving list of characters' screen.
  • gundam22222gundam22222 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The serve is still not working for me.

It look like I will need to wait for the next Crystaline event to complete my queue.

:(
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so it is NOT just me??? launcher will let me log into and up to the point where it tries to find my chars,then it just logs me out with a timeout message.server status showing green at the moment also.can anyone reply to this?:eek:
  • hatek666hatek666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cryptic hav only responded to the request for added time on an event or something to that event only a few times in the past, but general entitlement claims they have never paid any attention to as far as i am aware.

well i am new here so only thing i can say about actions like that is that they wont venture very far with their work. that a big shame. :(
This discussion has been closed.