test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Server Timeouts ///RESOLVED///

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sylkrode wrote: »
    You do realize how much work that would take, and thus how long? It would be quicker to make an entirely new game.

thats basically what he said, only to wrote in the same way he said it. yeah it would be far more trouble then it would be worth for a few hours of downtime each week, big deal.

you spend 8 hours sleeping on average and you waste those hours. what about your job as well, another 8 or so hours in the crapper. these things happen.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was in the middle of the featured episode.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • dwg38dwg38 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    winters83 wrote: »
    Very well put!

I can get past the authentication process now, but the login server still appears to be down.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Stuck at Retrieving list of characters, then Login2_Timeout error... any ETA?
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if they gave players incentives to play a test server they tried out all these updates on ,I'm almost sure 95% of these silly issues could be nipped in the bud long before releasing the patch/update to the retail server. something simple like 25 zen for each hour you play on the test server, even if they set a maximum of hours you could claim zen for it would still generate more traffic on their test server than they currently have.

Except that a many people do play Tribble and find things and lets PWE know. Unfortunately, the bits are released without many of the fixes.
  • alanwinningalanwinning Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Your saying your losing faith in humanity one at a time a whole bunch on here are causing me to lose faith in humanity and put up (meaning your programming skills and such) or shut up.
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sometime next week I would care to guess
  • saritax26saritax26 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    before launch a patch
    PLEASE check they work right!!!
  • primewardprimeward Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    can't get pass tha retrieving list of characters screen. :(
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nandospc wrote: »

same here...still waiting on a response myself
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Obligatory "it's dead, Jim" post.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hatek666 wrote: »
    well i am new here so only thing i can say about actions like that is that they wont venture very far with their work. that a big shame. :(

cryptic does what it wants, it would claim to be on the players side, but if that were half way true some of the most brilliant ideas some players on these forums have come up with would of found their way on the game and the grind would be a lot less then where it is. but it has never happened.

im not going to go all the way out and state just the negative points though, they do try to correct their mistakes and improve their own quality of work, but how you would define that is upto you.

my experience is generally negative, but i stick around anyway, they are not getting rid of me that easily :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    PLEASE NOTE:::: JOKE EXAMPLE NOT A REAL TICKET

LOL here they need to report it to the bugs department . since almost any trouble ticket ends with this.

Subject
    Game server timeouts

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Kelias) 03/26/2015 1:55 PM

Hello ,

Having reviewed the information you supplied, this may be the result of a gameplay bug/glitch. We would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible; however some issues require development time from departments outside of Customer Support and cannot be immediately resolved by a Game Master.

The best way for us to ensure that this is resolved as quickly as possible is for you to directly submit an in-game bug report with your findings by selecting ‘Bug Report’ from the list of available help options. This ensures that our developer and quality assurance teams receive all of the information they need to properly investigate the cause of a given issue.

Though the QA team will not directly respond to individual bug reports, all submissions are reviewed, and our developers will work to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks again for reaching out to us. We hope that you continue to enjoy your adventures!

Regards,
    Kelias
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    its definatly dead jim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They broke the interocitor again.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    People wouldn't moan if Cryptic wasn't so... how do I put this nicely? Incompetent.

I've never played an MMO, F2P or otherwise, with this many frequent problems.

So this is your first MMO then.
  • derog6derog6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really don't see what the big deal is. Every MMO I've played has always had some issue with a new patch or update, even with some of the most intense screening not everything can be streamlined. Technology is great until it isn't, and even some of the biggest names in the Electronic industry as a whole have issues with new releases. *shrugs* It happens guys, just let them do their jobs and when it's back up we'll know.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    Checking with them about it still trying to wrangle a good ETA. Account server is letting people get in just fine, now we're moving onto the stall at Character Retrieval.
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *sigh*

:confused:

:mad:

:eek:
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Checking with them about it still trying to wrangle a good ETA. Account server is letting people get in just fine, now we're moving onto the stall at Character Retrieval.

thank you for this message,was starting to worry that my chars had revolted and defected to SWO... lol just kidding:D
  • arristidarristid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is just AWSOME, Its fixed then something else is still broke this reminds me of blind leppers performing surgery on each other.
    Heres an Iidea how about you guys test the update before bringing the server back online for the public, itll save you havibng to hear alot of whining and would show that your competent about your jobs.
    Or we could just continue to try to be BRAIN CHILDREN.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I cannot log in my free to play game. I demand a refund of all money I spent four years ago and a bonus 5000 zen for the cruelty I have to face. Now. And free T6 ships. All of them.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • touchtheboattouchtheboat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just need to bring in the dilithium to keep the babes happy. :D
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    I believe the answer may lie in poor programming. >_>

Its bad leadership.

A good leader would spot the trouble and have it fixed or replaced.

If someone is not doing their job then they should be replaced its that simple.

However under this leadership its more of the same, they turn in poor quality work and no one bothers to check it and then it gets pushed out for the masses to discover.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I cannot log in my free to play game. I demand a refund of all money I spent four years ago and a bonus 5000 zen for the cruelty I have to face. Now. And free T6 ships. All of them.
    Bad targ! Down! Hyah!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    So this is your first MMO then.

I've played most of the popular MMOs and even some of the more obscure one's. Not a single one had problems as frequently as STO does. Beta tested for a bunch, too, including STO.
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bad targ! Down! Hyah!!

And Cookies
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    managed to log in but got log out again and cant get back in anymore
    It is just like last time when I got TRIBBLE and lost 3000 zen ...
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cryptic does what it wants, it would claim to be on the players side, but if that were half way true some of the most brilliant ideas some players on these forums have come up with would of found their way on the game and the grind would be a lot less then where it is. but it has never happened.

im not going to go all the way out and state just the negative points though, they do try to correct their mistakes and improve their own quality of work, but how you would define that is upto you.

my experience is generally negative, but i stick around anyway, they are not getting rid of me that easily :P

40 days is the only grind you kinda are forced to do, 1 time on your main toon. 20 days on your alts.

Otherwise for dilithium, 10 KDF toons farming Maurading assingments, while your playing your main.

That is it. EC is in the RnD system.

Game is easier then ever to make fundage in, and its about the right difficulty to have an actual challange. :D
  • flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    derog6 wrote: »
    I really don't see what the big deal is. Every MMO I've played has always had some issue with a new patch or update, even with some of the most intense screening not everything can be streamlined. Technology is great until it isn't, and even some of the biggest names in the Electronic industry as a whole have issues with new releases. *shrugs* It happens guys, just let them do their jobs and when it's back up we'll know.

Very true, but I don't think ive played a MMO that patches every week.
This discussion has been closed.