test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

im so sick of people saying that the voth bridge is inside the ship

khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
the voth bridge is outside the maybe not on the palisade but on the bulwark and bastion it is
giphy.gif
Fear the Dominion
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You... I... we... wait what?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Smacks universal translator. Is this thing broken!?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is this like sending the new guy to check out the pool on the roof?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Voth breathe an atmosphere; therefore, I'm pretty sure the bridge, like every other compartment, is inside the hull. (Besides, if it were exposed on the outside of the hull, it'd be the first thing anyone would target!)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So Voth Captains command their ships like this guy?? http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg566/bcclimber/05_zps1cba6e0a.png
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And I'm pretty sure the kidney is not inside the turtle anymore. I totally get it, you made me see life in another light.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Voth breathe an atmosphere; therefore, I'm pretty sure the bridge, like every other compartment, is inside the hull. (Besides, if it were exposed on the outside of the hull, it'd be the first thing anyone would target!)

Maybe all Voth captains are Batman, because as we all know: https://batmantobe.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/breatheinspace.jpg
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So Voth Captains command their ships like this guy?? http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg566/bcclimber/05_zps1cba6e0a.png

More like this guy.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quick, have Harry Kim remodulate the universal translator again.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This reminds me of that episode of Red Dwarf where Lister contracts a rare disease that makes his hallucinations real including manifestations of his confidence and paranoia.

"Hey, oxygen's for losers! C'mon, take your helmet off"
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan1000 wrote: »
    the voth bridge is outside the maybe not on the palisade but on the bulwark and bastion it is

So the voth bridge is totally seperated from the ship? I dont think so. Starfleet bridges are inside the ship, even though they boarder at the outside hull, so are voth ships.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Nurse! The voices are happening again nurse!!! :eek:
    server_hamster6.png
  • mavolio121mavolio121 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quick, have Harry Kim remodulate the universal translator again.
    Harry Kim: "Ok which one of you jokers been TRIBBLE around with the Tamarian program on the universal translators?"
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The question we really should be asking instead is:

Where the hell is the Bortasqu' bridge???

Looking out of the windows, its roughly where the head of the Ho'Sus is docked on the ship's model, which makes no sense at all....

The original Bortas model does have the bridge on top of it, though, so i guess Taco modelled the bridge after that one.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • prediwave1prediwave1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    WTF are you smoking? Just because it is on the top and has a window does not mean it was outside. Now if it was being towed by a rope I would agree with you.
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So either the OP is dipping into the Grand Nagus' beetle snuff, or he has reason to believe Voth vessels are remotely operated.

Is there a line of dialogue from their one episode mentioning that? Does the ship-box text mention it? I don't remember that...
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gl2814e wrote: »
    So either the OP is dipping into the Grand Nagus' beetle snuff, or he has reason to believe Voth vessels are remotely operated.

Is there a line of dialogue from their one episode mentioning that? Does the ship-box text mention it? I don't remember that...

It's neither in the episode, nor are there hints ingame.

The only thing I could imagine is the size of that bottomless pit you can see from the bridge, behind the viewscreen. It looks like the bridge is in a very huge structure - too huge for the Palisade at first glance.

But that is just an oversight, I would say, since all Voth ships share the same bridge, no matter of actual size.

Also, OP basically said that the Palisade might be the only Voth vessel with the bridge onboard, so... that is just the opposite reasoning I would have.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This entire thread has accomplished something that hasn't been done in about 20 years. It made me laugh before my morning coffee. And the KSP screenshot...Don't know how many times I slapped a command seat on top of a booster and sent a poor little Kerbal to a screaming death.
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sigh people so ****ing dumb you all know what meant by outside the ship voth bridge's are like fed bridge's their on the hull
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sigh people so ****ing dumb you all know what meant by outside the ship voth bridge's are like fed bridge's their on the hull

no,

they're not outside, nor are they on the hull...

quit smoking whatever you're smoking
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Wrong. If you don't specify what you mean, we won't know. We're not mindreaders.

You say outside the ship, I class "outside the ship" as in space, where you can't breathe without an EV suit.
    That is outside the ship.
    That's not "dumb", that is taking you literally.
    If you mean something else, then by all means, change your choice of words.

Yeah, because all of us are obviously dumb for not being able to read your mind, right?
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yeah, all of us are dumb for not intuiting what you meant with your opening...
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    prediwave1 wrote: »
    Now if it was being towed by a rope I would agree with you.
    Wait, are you telling us you haven't seen the rope, then???

0_O
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015

He probably means the little "dot" on top of the Saucer ...

like this i.E.

http://walls4joy.com/walls/space/star-trek-uss-enterprise-schematic-399624-2462x1424.jpg

... they're still not "on the hull" (just because the "Hull" is a little "uneven" ?),
    they're "next to the hull" & I don't know why it matters...

-> Philosophically speaking ... where does the Hull "end" & Space "begins" :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The bridges of all my KDF ships are held down by Prisoners and Colonists. In the case of the Bort bridge it's a LOT of them. The Fed bridges....Duct Tape.
  • tribblenationtribblenation Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Reminds me a little of this: http://www.gocomics.com/bloomcounty/2009/02/24
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    The bridges of all my KDF ships are held down by Prisoners and Colonists. In the case of the Bort bridge it's a LOT of them. The Fed bridges....Duct Tape.

duct tape is pretty useful
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Tholian bridges are not full of lava because they come with a lava faucet where you can drain it out.

We can upgrade the outer hull of ships but not interiors for some reason.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Punctuation. It's awesome!
This discussion has been closed.