Install Arc
Options

Brotherhood of the Sword

Comments

• Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mattaukett wrote: »
    So First City in flames, I wonder if this means we'll be getting an updated First City similar to the job done on ESD (aka please show some love to the KDF :D).

ESD destruction was storyline event (the same story had the KDF space station destroyed), so there is no persistently repeating STF/FA like this one will be on Qonos.

It would have made more sense to make it an outlying city near Qonos so you don't have the duality of First City in flames and then the everyday image we do our business in.

Despite that, the new queue could be fun if it has a similar feel to the Bug Hunt and no soft fails like the rest of the abandoned STFs (Advanced Level). :rolleyes:
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i am a bit apprehensive about this..
    • i worry this is a harbinger of some sort of s10 diplomacy that will allow feds to visit qonos at at will, similar to to what happened last year with klingon space.
    • i have concerns they may have taken the opportunity to alter qonos, either going heavier with the conan theme or even worse, the feddie space mall look.
    • i am going to be very disappointed if this turns out to be more fedcentric content, with me acting like a feddie, worrying about feddie policies, and taking marching orders from tuvak/kim while on qonos of all place.

say it aint so!

that being said, its nice to see something happening on the red side of the map for a change. i just hope it has a strong kdf flavour rather than 'voyager on qonos'.
  • Options
    wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    :D I want my Klingon medium well, please. :rolleyes:
    Bastet
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    • i worry this is a harbinger of some sort of s10 diplomacy that will allow feds to visit qonos at at will, similar to to what happened last year with klingon space.
    • i have concerns they may have taken the opportunity to alter qonos, either going heavier with the conan theme or even worse, the feddie space mall look.
    • i am going to be very disappointed if this turns out to be more fedcentric content, with me acting like a feddie, worrying about feddie policies, and taking marching orders from tuvak/kim while on qonos of all place.

say it aint so!

that being said, its nice to see something happening on the red side of the map for a change. i just hope it has a strong kdf flavour rather than 'voyager on qonos'.

Heh...

Quinn: What happened to Kim?
    Player: He died an honorable death.
    Quinn: And Tuvok?
    Player: He showed much honor before his death.
    Quinn: But the fighting hasn't started yet...
    Player: Well, yes, but let's not disgrace their memory.
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I imagine they'd be close to simultaneous. On the one hand, it could be incursions like this which lead to the discovery of the Herald Sphere; on the other, this could also be where some of the escapees from said sphere (reference) end up.

From what I've seen, unless they are placeholders, it looks like there are Klingon NPCs in charge of the attack on the Herald Sphere, so the two STFs might be related. Again, either the Iconians/Heralds attack Qo'nos first, and the KDF follows them back through the Gateways they used, or the KDF were the ones that came up with the idea to go through the Gateways to take the fight to the Iconians, and the attack on Qo'nos is the Iconian/Herald counter attack.

All and all, it's good to hear that the KDF players are getting a bone thrown their way and, as someone who finds themselves playing ground STFs more than space STFs these days, I'm definitely looking foreword to this more than the Herald Sphere.

Even with the limited details we have about it so far, battling through the streets of the First City already sounds like it's gonna be epic. :)
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heh...

I can't stop giggling...

:P

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited March 2015
    Heh...

Best comment yet :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    garaks31 wrote: »
    LiTTLE :confused::mad::eek:
    Puny Klingons. :P
    Isn't it interesting how the Klingons keep getting picked on? When the Iconians tricked the Undine into attacking, the Undine specifically targeted Qo'nos with a Planet Killer. Now the planet is directly under attack again by Herald forces. Why is everyone so intent on destroying Qo'nos? It's possible they're targeted simply because they are fierce warriors, but what if it's more than that? Maybe Qo'nos is of interest because the people targeting them are the ancient Hur'q? They're apparently from the Gamma Quadrant and in the 14th century, they sacked the homeworld and stole the Sword of Kahless. It was so devastating that the Klingons still talk about 1000+ years later.

I think it would be a neat way to set up a future expansion into the Gamma Quadrant. Right now we're dealing with the attack on this side of the Galaxy by the Hur'q. Then we managed to stop their advance and force them into retreat. So then we regroup with our allies and decide to take the fight to them, which leads us into the Gamma Quadrant. If i'm not mistaken, (and I might be since it has been a long time since I've played it), doesn't the Klingon campaign speculate that the Hur'q could be responsible for the Fek'Ihri attack? If they are, they could tie this altogether with a remastering of the Fek'Ihri missions.

This is just a random theory, I could and probably will be totally wrong.
    Funny thing is.... it was established in DS9 that the HurQ are a race native to the Gamma Quadrant who somehow attacked Qonos millennia ago WITHOUT entering the Temple of the Prophets.

HOW? That was never established on screen and left as a mystery. So yeah... if ANY race from canon fit the bill of Iconian servitor.... it's the HurQ.

Oh and apparently the HurQ sent the Fek'lhri to attack the Klingon Empire in STO.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    Going after the Klingons? Nah, my Federation characters will be ready to fight side by side with our little Klingon friends :P

nah just let them KDF BURN look heres a match and petrol lol
  • Options
    amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Welcome to the Brotherhood of sssss..... wait, aaaa Jesse Jesse! We will get some T-51b too? :D
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dear TarG!

Our engineers will have to summon their prowess ....

... and build our mighty T6 Bird of Prey to face this menace....

THE COUNCIL WILLS IT!
  • Options
    cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As an Andorian, I look forward to purging the scum from my fellow warrior's home world. There will be much honor won today!

Edit: I just noticed something in the picture in the blog. Is that a blue sphere like the one we found in the Delta Quadrant, and is that a gateway behind it?
    Cirran
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heh...

....Due to the following post, I may or may not have spit out coffee in a laugh. Bravo. Bravo.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Klingon's wont be OK with this, they aren't gonna want a bunch of humans and what not in their capitol. I think the Klingons can handle it themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Brotherhood of the Sword?

why not call it the Order of the Bat'leth? thats actually established in canon

other than that, sounds interesting
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do these bad guys have arses ? How I am supposed to kick them if they don't have arses ?
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015

say it aint so!

Maybe Worf will jump in and give orders and our Chancellor die a death that reveals him for the tripod we all believe him to be. ;)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And yes, that is an Iconian communications sphere in the midst of the property damage.
    stormthane wrote: »
    Ha! They are foolish enough to start a ground battle? On Qo'nos?!
    Ready supplies of blood wine, lots of fellow warriors and things to hit... sounds like a national holiday really.
    Commence DMX's "Party Up"

I'll be bringing my Tritanium Rending Bat'leth, you bring a disruptor....AND SOMEBODY FIND ME A MEK'LETH!!!!

Now, which Iconian pawns are we fighting THIS time?
    That said, are you sure that picture in the article is damage from an invasion? Looks more like the aftermath of an honourguard victory celebration with all you can drink bloodwine and warnog...
    I was at that party before the war started and let me tell you...not enough bodies in the street. Just sayin.
    mattaukett wrote: »
    So First City in flames, I wonder if this means we'll be getting an updated First City similar to the job done on ESD (aka please show some love to the KDF :D).
    Exactly, Precisely, definitely, what I was thinking, hoping/praying/dreaming. TACO!!!!
    drreverend wrote: »
    A ground invasion of Qo'nos makes me think that Stage 2 of the Iconian's Cunning Scheme is fighting a land war in Asia while invading Russia during winter.

One of the classic blunders.

I think I just heard Zek scream Inconceivable from his retirement estate.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    badvaio wrote: »
    Do these bad guys have arses ? How I am supposed to kick them if they don't have arses ?

Don't worry, the federation engineering corps has you covered (with what suspiciously looks like a pair of comedy butt cheeks and a staple gun). :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A new queue. Nice. But, as will happen with all queues, it'll either die quickly like the Undine queues, or people will go private on them to avoid noob pugs.

To be fair, it's hardly the develeoper's fault that Fleets in this game are good oil' boy networks for people who aren't leader enough to teach fights to noobs.
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Warriors! Qo'noS is being invaded and the First City is in flames! We must not allow them to force the Klingon Empire to its knees! Fight gloriously!

The fate of the Empire now rests in your hands! Fight gloriously!

~LaughingTrendy

Now the Iconians will hear the warriors song and the cry of battle! WE ARE KLINGON!! QA'PLA!!

Note: This should be a Klingon-only queue while the feds and Romulans get their own version
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The Klingon's wont be OK with this, they aren't gonna want a bunch of humans and what not in their capitol. I think the Klingons can handle it themselves.

For once I agree with you

But its a cross-faction queue because Geko is STILL around. I would be fine with a Romulan-only stf called "The Order of the Raptor" where you defend Mol'Rhian, and a Starfleet-only stf where you defend Paris or San Fransisco. But this will NEVER happen with Geko
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1) Can this mission require only melee weapons? This is Qo'nos so a melee only map would be something new and different?
    The melee weapons are fun once you get the combos down - to that end, I've been putting this Nausicaan tegolar sword I picked up from a mission replay to use on Bajor (Undine Infiltration) and the DIZ. Not sure if the coding can support specifically what you're asking for; in the meantime, nothing's stopping a group of five from setting up a private run of it using that rule.

Or, as long as we're here, setting up a PvP event in that vein.
    2) Do we get to fight alongside Worf, Jarrod, J'mpok, or S'tass?
    That can be fun, especially as S'tass will remember that little jaunt on DS9. It'd be a good callback to have it come up in dialog.
    3) And most importantly, why has no one made a "Release the Targ" meme/sig yet?
    First, we'll need some good relevant imagery; a couple of okay ones can be found here.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    hope there is a federation version on either ESD or the academy. cool name would be something dealing with the M.A.C.O.'s. This could also be a great way to introduce faction rep systems, a Klingon rep, fed rep and rom rep.

MACO Black Ops, The elite MACO. You can unlock a cool black MACO outfit

Please cryptic make it so

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Time to sing! :D

"Qoy qeylIs puqloD.
    Qoy puqbe'pu'.
    yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI'
    Say'moHchu' may' 'Iw.

maSuv manong maHoHchu'
    nI'be' yInmaj 'ach wovqu'
    batlh maHeghbej 'ej yo' qIjDaq
    vavpu'ma' DImuv. pa' reH maSuvtaHqu'.
    mamevQo'. maSuvtaH. ma'ov."

(If you don't Klingon, here's a little hint on how to sing it :DHINT HERE)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    edited March 2015

"Qoy qeylIs puqloD.
    Qoy puqbe'pu'.
    Say'moHchu' may' 'Iw.

maSuv manong maHoHchu'

This has always been the coolest of the Klingon war songs and i cant wait for Shanara to walk epically through the streets of Qo'nos through all the blood and fire carrying a rifle rallying the warriors and singing THIS song! WE WILL SING THE SONG OF KAHLESS! QA'PLA!

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You know, it's brawls like this that caused me to theme my "uniform" after a biker's leathers.

Too bad that the only "chain" in the game - the Ferengi energy whip - isn't all that useful as a weapon. Though I might run this once with the Lobi Tholian Crystalline blade and the whip for the looks...

But yeah, I'm smelling a "move" from First City to some sort of new base - like that station rebuilt from the ashes of the attack on Q'onos while ESD got sacked...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    dareau wrote: »
    You know, it's brawls like this that caused me to theme my "uniform" after a biker's leathers.

Too bad that the only "chain" in the game - the Ferengi energy whip - isn't all that useful as a weapon. Though I might run this once with the Lobi Tholian Crystalline blade and the whip for the looks...

But yeah, I'm smelling a "move" from First City to some sort of new base - like that station rebuilt from the ashes of the attack on Q'onos while ESD got sacked...

Yeah I smell a revamped First City

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    Yeah I smell a revamped First City
    I don't even main KDF (but I so wish I did, but I started STO as a non-Trekkie, and didn't know the lore & too invested into my main to switch), but KDF needs a lot of love. :D Make it so!
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't worry, the federation engineering corps has you covered (with what suspiciously looks like a pair of comedy butt cheeks and a staple gun). :P
    That's an optional I can get behind. Attach 20 bare asses.
    Note: This should be a Klingon-only queue while the feds and Romulans get their own version
    For once I agree with you

But its a cross-faction queue because Geko is STILL around. I would be fine with a Romulan-only stf called "The Order of the Raptor" where you defend Mol'Rhian, and a Starfleet-only stf where you defend Paris or San Fransisco. But this will NEVER happen with Geko

Is this the thing about all endgame stuff being "joint" because they don't have to make individual content? Kind of invalidates the idea of having multiple factions. I'd be happy if they rotated adding faction specific content each season or production period myself. It would show a different aspect of team work. One faction takes an action or discovers something that the other factions couldn't and shares it with them. Like in What's left Behind, the Romulans were able to share with the others who the Elachi were. It's a good reminded that the individual factions have their own lives.

Order of the Raptor is perfect.

Order of the Bat'leth is kind of super super elite. That's the Klingon Medal of Honor right there. Not that our Captains shouldn't have earned one by now.

Call Starfleet's....uhh, I got it, The Officers of the Line.
    Now the Iconians will hear the warriors song and the cry of battle! WE ARE KLINGON!! QA'PLA!!
    tlhIgan maH!!!

"Qoy qeylIs puqloD.
    Qoy puqbe'pu'.
    Say'moHchu' may' 'Iw.

maSuv manong maHoHchu'

MAQ'CHA!!!

(This script has a pronunciation guide, search koi)
    (http://ds9.trekcore.com/media/scripts/521.txt)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"