Options

Brotherhood of the Sword

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ummax wrote: »
    nice to see something happening on the kdf side :/

now if we can get some nice new t6 carriers and birds of prey along with it .. and maybe some armour and a few other toys :P

Somebody brought it up in another thread, er, was the Herald Sphere thread over in the Tribble section I believe. But in discussing how things have somewhat changed, they pointed to the NPCs doing all sorts of raiding - but what place is there for raiding in the way the "Alliance" is playing things these days, eh? They've basically Fedified the KDF. :(
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »
    I noticed this too

The biggest problem I have with this theory however, is that it would be yet another canon species linked to the Iconians. I liked seeing the other species being connected to them, but not every single species has to be you know. Eventually I would like to see a major power appear and threaten us AND the Iconians at the same time. Maybe not someone more powerful than the Iconians, because that would be lame, but another species that's pretty powerful and has their own agenda would be nice.
    adverbero wrote: »
    Makes sense to me, but i'm guessing that might get confusing

I mean the Iconians, Undine, and Hur'q will need to organise some kind of rota so they don't step on each others toes

Maybe that would be important to the story? What if they do start stepping on each other's toes and this is a weakness the allies can take advantage of?
    The Worf's job is to show how dangerous the enemy is by being the baddest dude in the room until the big bad needs to demonstrate his power.

lol, this is also very true.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    potasssium wrote: »
    I'll be happy to play this but who in their right mind thinks Qo'nos is a softer Target than Earth?
    Who said they do?
    It's been obvious since Sphere of Influence that Qo'nos the bigger threat. Why do you think the Undine attacked the Klingon Homeworld while only launching a diversion at ESD.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully there will be some fun Interact buttons with the environment, like how in Promenade part of Boldly They Rode where you could blow up Jem"Hadar with EPS conduits or vent them into space, things like that. Knock a Herald into the Targ Pits for example, watch him get mauled and eaten. Victory by Targ!!!!!!

In the current build there is occasionally an optional objective to Release The Targs.
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here is what worries me, though. When the Undine attacked Earth Space Dock and Qo'Nos, we assumed that we would finally be getting the Undine War that had been teased since Season 3. The last episode used to be a ground mission into an Undine 'planet' in Fluidic space, where we found an Iconian Gateway.

But, the point is, we were hyped up on the Undine for 4 years, only to have the very first mission from Delta Rising castrate the story line. It capped it off, right after introducing it in the first place.

Are they going to do the same thing with this Harbinger race? Blow up an iconic location, only to sweep it under the rug immediately afterwards?
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jheinig wrote: »
    In the current build there is occasionally an optional objective to Release The Targs.

excellent. how about a combat pet targ? we asked for that for years and what did we get? a mastiff.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Oh that does sound fun. Targs are awesome. (No sarcasm here, I mean it.)
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    icsairguns wrote: »
    excellent. how about a combat pet targ? we asked for that for years and what did we get? a mastiff.

I'd buy that... or a combat Mugato.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    icsairguns wrote: »

Initial release limited time reward...later able to be bought from the Lobi store in a different color...hrmmm...
  • Options
    spock1190spock1190 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It would be really epic if the Iconians practically destroy the alliance. That's the only way I'll love this storyline. Or maybe bring in the Dominion/Breen again.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh HELL YEAH!!!!!

GLORY TO THE EMPIRE!!! HEGHLU'MEH QAQ JAJVAM!!!!!

There are no warriors like Klingon warriors! We will CRUSH the Iconian filth!
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Certain sources indicate there is a T6 Negh'var and an Exploration cruiser on the way.

I hate to derail this thread but I really hope this is true. Please give us a t6 negh'var!!!!! Besides, what better way to crush the iconian threat on Q'nos than with a t6 negh'var pointing all of it's disruptors at the iconian filth?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Key Questions:

1) Can this mission require only melee weapons? This is Qo'nos so a melee only map would be something new and different?

2) Do we get to fight alongside Worf, Jarrod, J'mpok, or S'tass?

3) And most importantly, why has no one made a "Release the Targ" meme/sig yet?

Just important questions.
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited March 2015
    Please add in future postings when this content goes live or at least approximately

I always wonder if it is live now, tomorrow, next week or if it is just a preview.
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Okay, that's awesome. Just imagining a platoon of big scary spiky alien super-soldiers being swarmed by a horde of very hungry, very angry targs.
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They've basically Fedified the KDF. :(

well lets hope not because if i wanted to play fed.. well I would .. but whatevers :(
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Ahaha, that's awesome :)
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015

This is a good thing and you should feel good.

I'm gonna love this. Flying my t6 Negh'Var into Herald Sphere, then a dramatic charge on my Klingon to RELEASE THE TARGS!!!!!

i think i just had a nerdgasm.
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This could give me an excuse to break out my trusty light sabe... err... bat'leth.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I hate to derail this thread but I really hope this is true. Please give us a t6 negh'var!!!!! Besides, what better way to crush the iconian threat on Q'nos than with a t6 negh'var pointing all of it's disruptors at the iconian filth?

Well, google is a friend to many. If you have the IQ, you could use it to find the right Fleet that might reveal some insights.
  • Options
    sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please please please let there be a Mek'leth reward!!!
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hope there is a federation version on either ESD or the academy. cool name would be something dealing with the M.A.C.O.'s. This could also be a great way to introduce faction rep systems, a Klingon rep, fed rep and rom rep.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    under attack by who, the fek'lhr?i always sort of though the iconions were behind that odd little faction, if its them, that could prove they are an iconian servitor groups as well.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited March 2015
    Only level 60 captains can play :eek:, oh well I have 1 I could use.

Isn't First Contact/Honor day coming up in April it would be a great time to add Worf's Mekleth as a mission reward you could always use the sword animations. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So I can finally go to Qo'noS for that shore-leave I always wanted? Into middle of a fight no less. Unexpected! I dig it. Lol. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    xstarhammerxxstarhammerx Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Want me to get excited about this? Have the event drop a mek'leth, and maybe some Klingon High Council marks.
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Want me to get excited about this? Have the event drop a mek'leth, and maybe some Klingon High Council marks.

or let us recover The d'k tahg that is in the water just outside the bank. and give the kdf a 3rd weapon slot that only it can go in so we can always have the melee knife on us as it should be.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A mek'leth would be nice!

Waiting for tribble to come back up.. as it's down, and a patch has happened...

I wonder.. Malor's minions maybe? The Iconians have been messing with the Klingons for some time as it is. This could be interesting... and it won't be the first time story wise the Iconians have done this..
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    I'm also wondering which mission happened first: The Herald Sphere queue or this new mission?

Did the Iconians (if it's them attacking Kronos) attack first or is it the Alliance that first attacks the new Sphere?
    I imagine they'd be close to simultaneous. On the one hand, it could be incursions like this which lead to the discovery of the Herald Sphere; on the other, this could also be where some of the escapees from said sphere (reference) end up.

Either way, it'll be good to make another trip to Qo'noS. Guns charged, sword honed, and modules at full operational capability.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder which race will be used as aggressor. Will it be the fek'lir, solonae, elachi, bugs (blue.. something), vaadwaur or the iconians themselves.

Or, another yet unseen race.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.