What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Brotherhood of the Sword

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They just put into their plans that the federation will drown in their own tears. Where as this cannot happen to the Glorious Empire because we has no tear ducts.

Although I need more carrot to balance out the forum tantrums vs fun playable content. In all seriousness so far with intel and command ships all I get out of them is laggy keyboard face rolling. Need something more meaningful and more Klingon. So I hope this isn't all what season 10 is but for those who can still enjoy it may you dine on trill steaks and bloodwine.

Probably some copypasta KDF boat based off a Fed boat from the perceived notion of them having come and saved the Klingons...

...though, er, didn't we just go through the whole we saved them and they saved us (or vice versa) thing?

And honestly, spoiler, after the end of the one mission - lol - just what are players supposed to do against that?
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's a Federation ploy, just like they went after the Romulans...they're now going after the Klingons. Will there be no end to the threat the Federation poses to the galaxy???

Hate to say it, the Federation is in part responsible.. The Iconians fear us, especially after allying with the other 2 major quadrant powers and our ability to align even more powers from other quadrants.. Just like the alliance which defeated them 10,000 years ago...
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i don't want helpt the klingons, they are barbarians with ridiculous clothes; even my kdf toon doesn't want to help them :P

seriously, this can be interesting. :)
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Isn't it interesting how the Klingons keep getting picked on? When the Iconians tricked the Undine into attacking, the Undine specifically targeted Qo'nos with a Planet Killer. Now the planet is directly under attack again by Herald forces. Why is everyone so intent on destroying Qo'nos? It's possible they're targeted simply because they are fierce warriors, but what if it's more than that? Maybe Qo'nos is of interest because the people targeting them are the ancient Hur'q? They're apparently from the Gamma Quadrant and in the 14th century, they sacked the homeworld and stole the Sword of Kahless. It was so devastating that the Klingons still talk about 1000+ years later.

I think it would be a neat way to set up a future expansion into the Gamma Quadrant. Right now we're dealing with the attack on this side of the Galaxy by the Hur'q. Then we managed to stop their advance and force them into retreat. So then we regroup with our allies and decide to take the fight to them, which leads us into the Gamma Quadrant. If i'm not mistaken, (and I might be since it has been a long time since I've played it), doesn't the Klingon campaign speculate that the Hur'q could be responsible for the Fek'Ihri attack? If they are, they could tie this altogether with a remastering of the Fek'Ihri missions.

This is just a random theory, I could and probably will be totally wrong.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    risian4 wrote: »

On a side note: if there's NPC's in the new missions, I hope they put in a few Cardassians, Ferengi en Xindi. We helped the Cardassians and Ferengi repel Undine attacks after all, it would be nice to see these species playing a bigger role in the new Alliance battles.

Yes please

Everybody shares the burden surely, i would love to see these races honoring their membership status by fighting alongside their KDF allies with Honor
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let Qo'noS burn. Filthy Klingon scum.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    PvE queues would be a lot more fun if they had a proper RNG drop table like the STF's used to have before the reputation system, and like the majority of MMORPG's have.

That's an interesting perspective, especially considering other MMO forums are full of people complaining about that kind of RNG loot system and the "ninja" looters it comes with. Also before the change here, there were plenty of people complaining about literally running the STFs for YEARS and not getting their desired drop. No thanks!

I'd rather farm for incremental progress then farm for nothing but fading hope.
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mattaukett wrote: »
    So First City in flames, I wonder if this means we'll be getting an updated First City similar to the job done on ESD (aka please show some love to the KDF :D).

This was the same thing I was thinking when I first read it. But, with how little love is shown to the KDF, sadly it will most likely just be a queue, an nothing for KDF. If it was made an episode, then they might have done something small for KDF, like bank stations at more locations. But I seriously doubt they will give much for KDF.

Shame really. With the focus so much on DPS after DR, the KDF would shine if they had more ships, that were war ships. Seems like the Feds are the ones with actual war ships.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just an excuse to let the feds have access to absolutely everywhere in game now. Yawn...
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Isn't it interesting how the Klingons keep getting picked on? When the Iconians tricked the Undine into attacking, the Undine specifically targeted Qo'nos with a Planet Killer. Now the planet is directly under attack again by Herald forces. Why is everyone so intent on destroying Qo'nos? It's possible they're targeted simply because they are fierce warriors, but what if it's more than that? Maybe Qo'nos is of interest because the people targeting them are the ancient Hur'q? They're apparently from the Gamma Quadrant and in the 14th century, they sacked the homeworld and stole the Sword of Kahless. It was so devastating that the Klingons still talk about 1000+ years later.

I think it would be a neat way to set up a future expansion into the Gamma Quadrant. Right now we're dealing with the attack on this side of the Galaxy by the Hur'q. Then we managed to stop their advance and force them into retreat. So then we regroup with our allies and decide to take the fight to them, which leads us into the Gamma Quadrant. If i'm not mistaken, (and I might be since it has been a long time since I've played it), doesn't the Klingon campaign speculate that the Hur'q could be responsible for the Fek'Ihri attack? If they are, they could tie this altogether with a remastering of the Fek'Ihri missions.

I noticed this too
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    LET IT BURN! Then all you Klingons can find your place in the Federation where you belong. :D

The Klingon Empire WILL NOT GO DOWN IN FLAMES!!!!
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    That's an interesting perspective, especially considering other MMO forums are full of people complaining about that kind of RNG loot system and the "ninja" looters it comes with. Also before the change here, there were plenty of people complaining about literally running the STFs for YEARS and not getting their desired drop. No thanks!

I'd rather farm for incremental progress then farm for nothing but fading hope.

Honestly, both would be sweet, knowing that eventual grind would "get you there" within a "shortish" 6 month window, but that chance that the whole thing could be shortcut with a lucky drop might convince people to play more often...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dareau wrote: »
    Honestly, both would be sweet, knowing that eventual grind would "get you there" within a "shortish" 6 month window, but that chance that the whole thing could be shortcut with a lucky drop might convince people to play more often...

The counter point is the return of random drops means more afkers and unlike the old days if everyone is not pulling their weight a mission can be failed.
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dareau wrote: »

This is a good point. Especially if the same thing happens again. Players stopped playing the new content very shortly after it came out, so the ones in charge nerfed rewards from the older content to herd players back into the new content.

If they do both systems, it may be enough to keep enough players still grinding the new content, so we don't get more unneeded nerfs.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Needs more info. Lore behind this? What happened? How did it happen? More explanation about the mechanincs, details and goals in the queue?
    This just says there's a new queue comming, not very informative really.

im just guessing but they will work on how the feklore or what ever they were called were another iconian servant race and they want qonos back. so this is their half a$$ed way of wrapping up our old content.

and leading to the eventual collapse of the faction its self . and probably start allowing feds to enter and all the BS the feds have wanted. and it would be nice if the mission was extremely fun. but feds not allowed period. giving people an incentive to roll a KDF toon. instead of again just giving them everything.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow i can't belive someone didn't say it already, but hey, it's gotta be said. ..

It is a good day to die! :D
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    IMO - sorry to see that per usual:

- One new story mission announced so far (yay!)...yet...
    - Two (and probably more) new PvE queue grind content that probably will sit empty after a week.

Current STO development = same paradigm that already lead to one round of layoffs. WTG new EP.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Makes sense to me, but i'm guessing that might get confusing

I mean the Iconians, Undine, and Hur'q will need to organise some kind of rota so they don't step on each others toes
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Isn't it interesting how the Klingons keep getting picked on? ...

The Worf's job is to show how dangerous the enemy is by being the baddest dude in the room until the big bad needs to demonstrate his power.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully there will be some fun Interact buttons with the environment, like how in Promenade part of Boldly They Rode where you could blow up Jem"Hadar with EPS conduits or vent them into space, things like that. Knock a Herald into the Targ Pits for example, watch him get mauled and eaten. Victory by Targ!!!!!!
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    More empty ques to take up server space. The more ques you guys add, the less they get used. It's already a massive pain in the TRIBBLE to get spots filled in multi-player content.

I swear this game gives me a ****ing headache sometimes.
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Needs more info.

What more info do you need other than "guess what players...more grind!!! and you will love it!!!! now grind, players, grind!!!".
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    when does this and that episode go live?
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it doesnt say when qonos is going to be attacked
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So, Qo'nos is attacked again?

It's like the Iconians don't like Klingons...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here's hoping for a revamped First City in the coming weeks/months, although (as people have assumed this due to the EDS revamp) the ESD was destroyed in an episode, First City is within an STF, so I'm not sure (but remain optimistic).

About time KDF had some love. All we need now? Negh'var Revamp! ;)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One could argue that conquering or destroying the Klingon homeworld might hit morale particular hard across the quadrant.

The Klingons are none as fierce warriors, which seem to have build their entire culture on the glorification of war and building a war machine that rivals most known empires. They are not known to be defeated easily, and known to fight without reservation.

The Federation has learned to fear them once, and as Federation and Klingons grew closer and became allies, the KDF was a very strong and powerful ally, and crucial in the Dominion War. The Klingons also saw the Undine threat for what it was first.

If the Klingon Empire falls, that would break morale for many - if the Klingons can be taken down, anyone can. But in addition to that - without the High Council, the Klingon houses might break up in old rivalries, and send the remains into chaos, that could hurt everyone.

Conquering or destroying Earth would not hit the Klingon Empire much, nor the other empires - there is always a belief that the Federation is too soft, and the humans especially so. But in turn - Humans have proven to be resilient and resourceful - a major strike like that would most likely just make the survivors even more determined to bring the fight to the enemy. Little is more dangerous than a human backed into a corner, and imagine the entire species feeling like that! They could rally the remains of the Federation like no one ever before, and any more frightening - all the moral and ethical reservations they usually have might be lost. You don't often see humanity fight dirty, but the times it happened, it wasn't pretty, the least for the source of their anger.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nice to see something happening on the kdf side :/

now if we can get some nice new t6 carriers and birds of prey along with it .. and maybe some armour and a few other toys :P
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sounds pretty awesome, but I do have my concerns.

For example, this is supposed to be in Season 10 right? Therefore, does that mean it has been designed for a set gear level, based on everything leading up to Season 10, and consequently something that not everyone will be able to experience?

I guess it boils down to...is it designed for a Fresh 60, in moderate gear, or is it designed for long time 60's in MK 14 Elite Gear with maxed reps?

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    Here's hoping for a revamped First City in the coming weeks/months, although (as people have assumed this due to the EDS revamp) the ESD was destroyed in an episode, First City is within an STF, so I'm not sure (but remain optimistic).

About time KDF had some love. All we need now? Negh'var Revamp! ;)

Certain sources indicate there is a T6 Negh'var and an Exploration cruiser on the way.