jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
when do we get NEW sector space?
Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
Post edited by jst455 on

Comments

• Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wouldn't mind a fully explorable fluidic space, to be honest...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Season 10 update according to various Devs on various threads that I can't be bothered to link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When its done?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    The Season 10 update according to various Devs on various threads that I can't be bothered to link.

**new question....
    when is season 10 update?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jst455 wrote: »
    **new question....
    when is season 10 update?

Evidence points to either April 2 or May 21 depending on if the Delta Recruitment occurs with Season 10 or before.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Be patient... it's coming. Might be a few weeks or a month or more, but it'll get here.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    thanks................. (are we there yet?)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Can't wait to see what the sector space revamp is going to break.

Need you ask? Everything.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Have faith, I'm sure that if it breaks something it'll be fixed as quickly and as thoroughly as the loadout bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2015

With our luck, it'll break things with the name "subspace" in it...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    dareau wrote: »
    With our luck, it'll break things with the name "subspace" in it...

You mean this?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Subspace_Field_Modulator

Why do you want this item to break?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looking forward to the [Warp Now!] and [Orbit Now!] dilithium buttons to go between quadrants and entering star systems.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    You mean this?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Subspace_Field_Modulator

Why do you want this item to break?

'Cause it's OP in PvP. Duh.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Devs have stated it's for Season 10.

If previous patterns for releases continued to hold, I would expect S10 to release June-ish.

However, the fact that they have already released the work-in-progress on Tribble strongly suggests that it could be sooner than that. They might be shooting to coincide with the Delta Recruit event, but I doubt that. I would say that S10 will come sometime after that event ends. May isn't a bad guess.

But the real takeaway is that we're all just guessing. They haven't published a hard date yet, as far as I know. Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015

DOFFing... it's bound to break that and assignments will go missing just like before when they removed clusters.

This is a major nerf to DOFFing... chance to get a particular assignment has been drastically reduced... now you also need to fly to each region one by one.. maybe need to swing by the planet or star to get the pop up for that "area"
  • Options
    edited March 2015

it's working on test server
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    wake me up when sector space opens up......

that is very very cool!!!

Release it now. dont tie to a season release..........
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    when....? when....? i need some free space
  • Options
    khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    season 10 mate
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Next Week?
    On Thursday, March 26, we will release "Uneasy Allies," a new featured episode starring Denise Crosby and the next part of our serialized storyline. You can expect two more blogs that will set the stage for this episode and let you see a little of what's happened to Sela since her apprehension. "Uneasy Allies" kicks off a story that’s been five years in the making.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9105593-new-episode-uneasy-allies

It would seem, to me that is, when the next ep Uneasy Allies is released, to kick off Season 10.

I could be wrong though.

I often am.

But Sometimes! Yes! Only Sometimes...I get something right! :D

OH! I almost forgot: There is a 50% chance of a 2.5% Chance for me to CritH this answer!! ha ha!!!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    thetanine wrote: »
    Next Week?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9105593-new-episode-uneasy-allies

It would seem, to me that is, when the next ep Uneasy Allies is released, to kick off Season 10.

I could be wrong though.

I often am.

But Sometimes! Yes! Only Sometimes...I get something right! :D

OH! I almost forgot: There is a 50% chance of a 2.5% Chance for me to CritH this answer!! ha ha!!!

I worked on the episode in a code branch that didn't have the new sector space, so . . . probably not? But I don't make the production calls about where and when to release stuff, so maybe I'm wrong!
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015

it broke the excel transwarp.

tigeraries wrote: »
    DOFFing... it's bound to break that and assignments will go missing just like before when they removed clusters.

This is a major nerf to DOFFing... chance to get a particular assignment has been drastically reduced... now you also need to fly to each region one by one.. maybe need to swing by the planet or star to get the pop up for that "area"

check it out on tribble. it seems to work but i suspect there'll be some glitches with specific chain doffing
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jheinig wrote: »
    I worked on the episode in a code branch that didn't have the new sector space, so . . . probably not? But I don't make the production calls about where and when to release stuff, so maybe I'm wrong!

I see we have a dev confirmation of a definite possibility of a maybe.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jheinig wrote: »

Oh Wow! A DEV speaking to me? I feel like Mon Capitan Picard on the Enterprise-D confronted by the legendary Q!!

No sarcasm at all. Thanks very much for you answering, JHeinig!!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thetanine wrote: »

I don't think there was ever a statement that "Uneasy Allies" is related to Season 10.

As far as I know, Season 10 is scheduled for "late spring," which likely means late May or early June.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.