Options

Lifetime subscribers and those who actually own a copy of the game

2»

Comments

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    iscjoker wrote: »
    I am a lifetime subscriber and actually own the deluxe version of the game. I have been playing STO since the first day of the beta.

While I enjoy playing the game I am also a bit frustrated because I spent $60 for the game and another $199 for the lifetime subscription prior to the game ever even being thought of as going free to play. While monthly zen you give us is a small bonus for actually paying for the game I also find it a bit insulting that free players and paid players can only refine 8000 dilithium daily. I currently have 180000 unrefined dilithium and after I finish the crystalline entity event I will have another 50000 unrefined. While I am grateful that dilithium is easier to get now I would think that those who actually paid for the game and lifetime subscription would have some sort of benefit in the game such as being able to refine a couple thousand more dilithium a day. The other move you made which angers a lot of lifetime subscribers who have been here since the beginning is the fact that STO now automatically gives all the veterans rewards to someone for paying for the game. I paid for the game and the subscription but I still had to put in my 1000 days of online time to get my rewards. We view this as a direct insult since we paid just as much as they did yet they get everything handed to them and we had to be online for 1000 days.

I guess what I am trying to say is I think it would be nice for Perfect World and Cryptic to show appreciation for those who where here first and actually had to invest the time and money into the game with a simple reward for us. Even something as simple as being able to refine 10000 dilithium a day while free to play only get 8000 would be appreciated. I mean it would be nice for them to give us something

more then 500 zen a month. You can't hardly afford anything worth while from the zen store with 500 zen.

Ok....Then you have already received your entire purchase back in Zen

perhaps cryptic should send you some cheese for youir wine and a box of Tissues for the tears

Come on man be serious

im a LTS and ive got my money back + more at 2 1/2 years

more than double actually

save your zen for 7 months 3500 zen buy a ship..Scheech

If you want to refine more dilithium make more characters ...

make a new character retire your old character for a few months it will auto refine

Ok I want my CDF patch and secret CDF Decoder ring..........
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, the fact of the matter is that Cryptic is getting far more money from non lifers, why should they be compelled to give them more bonuses. For the record I am a lifer and I don't mind, I got my moneys worth years ago.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm...
    Me: STO Lifetime Subscriber since it was available; beta player; owner of the STO Collector's Edition (I still have the box). Poured quite a bit of real-world money into Zen purchases on the Holodeck server, too.

No entitlement complaints here.

I do wish, though, that Cryptic's Lead Dev would honor his word when he asked last year for feedback about how the Captain's Table could be improved -- followed by getting significant, positive changes onto Holodeck this year.

Otherwise, it's buyer beware. What we got... is what we got.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, the fact of the matter is that Cryptic is getting far more money from non lifers, why should they be compelled to give them more bonuses. For the record I am a lifer and I don't mind, I got my moneys worth years ago.

^^This right here.... I've been in the game since Beta... lifetime as soon as they offered it, and I was playing for free long before they went Free to Play.

Sure it's nice that I'm getting free zen, and the occasional lifer benefit in game gear (the vacuum suit and chimera were kind of nice) but I don't think I deserve anything.

Theoritically I don't have to pay Cryptic a dime... hell I don't even have to play the game really. Eventually just by sitting around not even playing I'll have zen enough to do just about anything in game and buy anything in game I want. Sure it'll take a bit to do, but it'll happen.

So no I don't deserve anything more.
  • Options
    laro1984laro1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think part of the Problem why Livetimer and Subs feel like they get nothing is the inflation when they started F2p we got 500 Zen feeled a lot since the ships and stuff most times never touched the 1k mark but ships for example are now at 2,5-3k wich means 500 Zen are pretty much nothing ... So it is understandable that Lifetimer or Subs feel robbed and dont think it is worth it on the other Hand if we the Lifetimer get everything or get it very easy the F2p feel bad and thats also not good.
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I feel for you OP and if i spent that kind of money originally on the game Id make damn sure the game never went F2P. But as currently advertised its an F2P game and the devs have a hard time making sure that the distance between f2p and payTOplay justifies the game as advertised.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Seeing as your subscription is now lost revenue....

i dont know why this gets said so much. you think that just because i bought lts i have never seen fit to buy ships, uniforms, doff/inv upgrades and so on? you believe i have never converted zen to dil?

500z isnt that much these days. it would take 6 months of stipend-saving to buy a single t6 ship; 4-5 months for a t5. even a uniform is 550z. and with dil valued sub-200:1 in the exchange you cant even finish a fleet upgrade for fleet credit.

cryptic got my lts fee plus regular cpoint purchases for years, and i doubt i am alone on that.
  • Options
    frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    /beams down to start fleet academy. Looks at the veteran dilithium refiner. Well it looks like lifers CAN refine more dilithium.

Seriously dude, our LTS has paid for itself long ago. Cryptic is now literally PAYING US TO PLAY. Get over yourself
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Once this game is properly fixed, no bugs at all, no rubberbanding or disconnections ever, sorting out cogent problems, good general reliability, only then will it be worth getting an LTS/gold account.
    If you think about it, anyone who buys a product from a shop, and later finds it to be faulty, they will take it back to the shop to be replaced or repaired straight away.
    Cryptic need to think on this, faulty game means no sales of LTS/gold accounts, or anything else for that matter.
  • Options
    frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    Once this game is properly fixed, no bugs at all, no rubberbanding or disconnections ever, sorting out cogent problems, good general reliability, only then will it be worth getting an LTS/gold account.
    If you think about it, anyone who buys a product from a shop, and later finds it to be faulty, they will take it back to the shop to be replaced or repaired straight away.
    Cryptic need to think on this, faulty game means no sales of LTS/gold accounts, or anything else for that matter.

Either you are very new to MMOs or you are incredibly entitled. There literally has NEVER been an MMO that is bug free, f2p or p2p.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I did considder going LTS, especially for the auto-refining which heck I'd pay money for that option anyway.... but the lag/rubberbanding and no it's not on my end. just makes you wonder if they'll ever fix it.

As far as a copy of the game.. I got the collectors edition .. but OP sorry bro... I can see where you're comming from feeling "left behind" but I don't see making a fuss about it with the benefits you get from being a LTS.
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm with the OP 100%. Here's my list of demands, in the order that I typed them:
    • I want a pony and a clown. And two cakes.
    • Cryptic has to send me a free pizza (with extra cheese) every week, on Tuesday, at 6:49PM local time. Late deliveries will not be accepted, and the delivery guy cannot have a beard or be named "Chad." (If your name is Chad I'm sorry if you're offended--but understand that no matter what, you won't be delivering my pizza. You'll just have to get your tips elsewhere.)
    • The Chief Financial Officer of Perfect World Entertainment has to fly to the US once a year to wash my car. If something happens to my car, he has to buy me a new car.
    • My primary ship has to have a 360-degree cannon that can one-shot a Borg Queen cube, as well as remove tough stains without damaging delicate fabrics.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cryptic got my lts fee plus regular cpoint purchases for years, and i doubt i am alone on that.
    Exactly. And without a LTS, you likely would have been paying a subscription, which by this point would still be funding them.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Exactly. And without a LTS, you likely would have been paying a subscription, which by this point would still be funding them.

but i wouldnt be subscribing if i werent lts. i certainly would have cancelled either out of protest or due to low value for money. now that i think about it, lts benefits are a large part of what kept me in sto working on the fleets and buying zen.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I do have the retail version, so I do have some benefits. But I certainly am not going to buy a subscription. Ever.
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    And two cakes.
    The cake is a lie.
    There literally has NEVER been an MMO that is bug free, f2p or p2p.
    Even the good old days of gaming, when you pay for the game, and get the full version of the game for the entire time you own that disc, it still had glitches. Do you remember how The Sith Lords (KotOR2) was only half a game, because Obsidian wanted it in stores by the holidays? Then you have everything Simulator, things like Airport Simulator, or Underground Mining Simulator. And then in today's games, where everything is a microtransaction-laden hellhole, you have the Assassin's Creed series, where every single game is nothing more than the same game over and over and over again. Literally, if you have played one Assassin's Creed, you have played them all. And then, EA is....well....EA....

So the problem is not with MMOs. The problem is games in general. The only thing today's makers seem to care about is how much money can they make.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only thing I want for my LTS is for them to fix the sector space animation on my Chimera and the other vet ships.

Come on, you fixed the Intrepid, you can fix this one, too!
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ummax wrote: »
    rofl I found my hard copy of the game a couple months back (thought it had gone in the garbage actually) but that was long ago and other then a few extra zen I dont know what else they could do really.. maybe a t-shirt or something :)

Their lifetime sub deal is not great but I have it anyhow I dont think though that original players of this game have spent any more or less then some of the players who fork over hundreds in a few short months as "free" players .

I still have my STO t-shirt I got with my boxed copy. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    I'm with the OP 100%. Here's my list of demands, in the order that I typed them:
    • I want a pony and a clown. And two cakes.
    • Cryptic has to send me a free pizza (with extra cheese) every week, on Tuesday, at 6:49PM local time. Late deliveries will not be accepted, and the delivery guy cannot have a beard or be named "Chad." (If your name is Chad I'm sorry if you're offended--but understand that no matter what, you won't be delivering my pizza. You'll just have to get your tips elsewhere.)
    • The Chief Financial Officer of Perfect World Entertainment has to fly to the US once a year to wash my car. If something happens to my car, he has to buy me a new car.
    • My primary ship has to have a 360-degree cannon that can one-shot a Borg Queen cube, as well as remove tough stains without damaging delicate fabrics.

Don't be ridiculous.

A pony AND a clown? You need to demand someone come and clean up the mess the clown will make...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    And then in today's games, where everything is a microtransaction-laden hellhole, you have the Assassin's Creed series, where every single game is nothing more than the same game over and over and over again. Literally, if you have played one Assassin's Creed, you have played them all. And then, EA is....well....EA....[/COLOR]

Don't forget, the latest Assassin's Creed has the equivalent of a C-store, so you can pay real money to unlock equipment earlier in the game ... what happened to the good old days when you could do that with a long complicated code, or by using your GameShark?

I feel sad for my kids, they'll never know the excitement of using cheat codes to do ridiculous things purely for fun ... it added a lot of replay value for me when i was a kid.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I went lifer in beta own 5 varies copies, 2 x Deluxe, Amazon, Walmart, and Target.

I don't think any of that says I should get something extra.

Not like I can call up Microsoft and say hey I own a copy of DOS, now giving me Windows 10 for free.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Not like I can call up Microsoft and say hey I own a copy of DOS, now giving me Windows 10 for free.
    OT: if you're a Windows 7 owner, you might qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 10 (limited time offer). Search your favorite search engine for an article with details.

Now back to "I wanna pony!"....
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am a lifetime subscriber and actually own the deluxe version of the game. I have been playing STO since the first day of the beta.

While I enjoy playing the game I am also a bit frustrated because I spent $60 for the game and another $199 for the lifetime subscription prior to the game ever even being thought of as going free to play. While monthly zen you give us is a small bonus for actually paying for the game I also find it a bit insulting that free players and paid players can only refine 8000 dilithium daily. I currently have 180000 unrefined dilithium and after I finish the crystalline entity event I will have another 50000 unrefined. While I am grateful that dilithium is easier to get now I would think that those who actually paid for the game and lifetime subscription would have some sort of benefit in the game such as being able to refine a couple thousand more dilithium a day. The other move you made which angers a lot of lifetime subscribers who have been here since the beginning is the fact that STO now automatically gives all the veterans rewards to someone for paying for the game. I paid for the game and the subscription but I still had to put in my 1000 days of online time to get my rewards. We view this as a direct insult since we paid just as much as they did yet they get everything handed to them and we had to be online for 1000 days.

I guess what I am trying to say is I think it would be nice for Perfect World and Cryptic to show appreciation for those who where here first and actually had to invest the time and money into the game with a simple reward for us. Even something as simple as being able to refine 10000 dilithium a day while free to play only get 8000 would be appreciated. I mean it would be nice for them to give us something more then 500 zen a month. You can't hardly afford anything worth while from the zen store with 500 zen.

sooo..u want MORE stuff while those of us who cant afford lifetime sub get to feel even more screwed? I don't say ftp because ive put money into the game. let me tell you where you can shove this thread......
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've been subbed to STO for over 1600 (sixteen-hundred) days.

Life Time subbed ppl have always posted on these forums that they want more of "game assets" than all the other players, be it subbed or free-to-play players.

Look. This is quite clear and should not even be open for debate.

When you bought that LifeTime Subb, you got what you paid for...IN FULL.

You saw with your own eyes either through text or images of the things that would come with your LTS.

Trying to sandbag Cryptic into letting you have more in-game materia is a pathetic plea for more free holdings.

I recall when that stupid aenigma portal was first opened up to ppl besides the LTS when they had reached a certain level in sub status. I recall one specific thread from that time: This one guy was asking other ppl with LTS to form a wall around aenigma so those veteran players would not be able to enter the aenigma!

Please.

These types of posts should be outright deleted. You paid for your merchandise and you received a receipt showing all the information about that monetary transaction. It should be in your email, unless you deleted it.

Go back and read that email. Look carefully with it. Look for any clause or section that says something along the lines of: "Thanks for your purchase of the LTS. Since you paid for a LTS, we will be giving you and only other LTS status persons items that are not present in the game as it is on the date of this LTS confirmation for you. When these items become available, you will get them immediately."

Yeah? Get your head straight with the fact that paying for one thing doesn't get you more of that thing or any other thing. Your sense of entitlement is off the chart. Reign yourself back in to reality.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you bought LTA during BETA, you already paid "Less" than someone who suscribed for the first 2 years i.E. ... in other words move along nothing to see here ... not mentioning the additional ZEN etc ...

Don't get me wrong I'm all for new Perks ... and I'm not exactly happy with the direction this game seems to be going ... but I already got what I wanted/expected from LTA ~3 years ago ...

I might understand you, if you bought LTA recently ... these guys are the "Screwed Ones" ...

=> we usually get new Perks if they want to sell LTA to "new People" anyway = fine with me ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I... lifetime subscriber... own... deluxe... game. I... playing STO... first day of the beta... blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah, blah, blah.

--- Turn the page ---

I guess what I am trying to say is I... would be nice for ... Cryptic... show appreciation for me... I... first and... reward... me... being... appreciated. I mean... nice... them to give me more then 500 zen a month. I can't hardly afford anything worth while from the zen store with 500 zen.

You know, my ADHD kicks in after reading a long rant, and I start to drift a little, thinking, "why am I reading this?" Then I realize, it's the little things in life that provide the greatest amusement.

Well, there we go, added some color to your commentary, and the I's and Me's have it. I'd offer you a tissue, but this is not possible over the interweb...unless of course you have one of those wonderful 3D printers, then I could print you a few.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    You can make a pseudo-Liberated Borg. Just have to go with a female Starfleet Officer or female Federation-aligned Romulan Officer and get the Seven of Nine costume. Most of my bridge officer crew has been borgified with that costume. If you want to go with Borg skin, then you have to create a female Alien and go with Infected skin.

This is wrong.

As a female Rom-fed, who already has the 7of9 outfit for the Fed, you cannot use it on your Roms.

I've verified again at New Rom Command Tailor, and also the C-Store for that and most non-Rom costumes say "...unlocks these costumes for every female Federation character on an account."

What you might get away with possibly is with the special BOFF on a Rom or KDF "from an enemy faction" upon completing Diplomacy DOFF commendation, of if you can find any left on the exchange (as they are now char bound), and even then I'm not sure if you can apply the C-store costume. Rom Fed BOFFs might work too that way, but then you'll be out of luck for the costume.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rofl in looking at the OP again I realized this is one of those "drive by 1 time posts" meant as a troll more then anything else. Anyhow I dont think he actually meant it he just wanted to stir the pot a little.