test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What old cartoon would make a great live action film?

2»

Comments

• Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited March 2015
    Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jessica rabbit in live action, included a sultry attractive curvy young woman, red head and a red dress held up by the curves. :rolleyes:

not sure what cartoon would make a good action film, sometimes thought about **** dastardly and his flying machine in trying to catch a pigeon that always outsmarts him, it would take much to get that going, but somhow you got to find a laughing weezy dog, and a character to play klunk.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Years of patient therapy, and possibly medication?

Watching that Spiral Zone intro raised several questions, the most looming of which is - did that one guy in fact rescue a young zombie from the street? And if so, why?

Other's have given you a brief explanation already .
    If you want to learn more about the show , I wrote a short essay on it a while back , along with suggestions for episodes to view , here .
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Almost forgot about this one
    Ninja Scroll

Would make a great live action, provided it was well done.

Or Afro Samurai
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Slayers!!! Absolutely a Slayers live actions series!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QdtEXexKns
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Unfortunately a couple I can think of... wouldn't be practical live action.

Pokemon. Reason: TONS of CG for the Pokemon and their attacks.
    Sonic the Hedgehog. Reason: Eggman is really the ONLY human character, so it would be almost entirely CG.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    M.A.S.K.

Centurions

Samurai Pizza Cats

Hello Kurt

Olli's Farm

Visionaries

Captain Future
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited March 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    If you want to learn more about the show , I wrote a short essay on it a while back , along with suggestions for episodes to view , here .

That was actually a good write-up. I was not aware that J. Michael Straczynski was involved with Spiral Zone. My opinion just went up another notch.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Yeah, the show had a very interesting concept. But I think I like the concept more than the show itself.

I'm not entirely sure WHY... Thundarr didn't have great animation either. But instead of JMS, it had Alex Toth and Jack Kirby. But, in it they did more than just design the backstory. They also did the concept art for the characters. They didn't write episodes though. One cool feature of this is that the two worked on different aspects fo the show. Alex Toth did the good guys and Jack Kirby did the bad guys. It's no coincidence that Gemini resembles Darkseid. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2015
    Star Blazers...now there is a show with potential
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That was actually a good write-up. I was not aware that J. Michael Straczynski was involved with Spiral Zone. My opinion just went up another notch.

He was involved by writing the series "bible" as well as the pilot episode, but he walked away later (being unhappy with the way the pilot turned out) .
    Truth be told the pilot is a stinker .

Also, I can't believe a serious effort at a Johnny Quest film hasn't yet been attempted. Fantastic cartoon.

I never heard of that one , but the intro music reminded me of the adaptation issues some cartoons would face .

For example on one hand we got some truly terrific comic book adaptations in the last decade , but the fate of the cartoon adaptations has been ... somewhat dubious .

For example , Transformers got saddled with human character centric movies at the expense of the character development for the Transformers (especially the Decepticons) , and while the first G.I.Joe movie was pretty cool at tapping the core mythos of differing good guys and (original James Bond like) over the top bad guys , but the second movie went Tom Cruse style Mission Impossible (by throwing the team element out the window) , making it a bad Joe movie for the fans .

... killing the Joe movie franchise & possibly making other cartoon adaptations look as risky business for hollywood studios ?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Star Blazers...now there is a show with potential

It's been done - by the Japanese as 'Starblazers' was the U.S. dubbed version of "Space Battleship Yamato".

Funimation acquired the rights to the Japanese film and produced a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack that has both an English dubbed soundtrack and a Japanse language track with englisyh subtitles.

Amazon has it available for $14.00

http://www.amazon.com/Space-Battleship-Yamato-Movie-Blu-ray/dp/B00HXEWECI

(And the Japanese just recently did a complete update and retelling of the original Space Battleship Yamato storyline in 2013 with Space Battleship Yamato: 2199):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fweCj5yWFk4
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tymersto wrote: »
    It would also depend on how much control Harmony Gold would give up for a US produced Robotech. But then considering how much of a bomb the Crowdsourcing for a Academy animated pilot occurred, I doubt it would happen. And heaven forbid if there was a Japanese-produced Macross live action film.... It would never see American release unless HG allows it.

And just to chime in on the Jonny Quest thoughts:
    I think a JQ film could be done, but I think it should be more a "period" piece than a "modern" film. But I would wait to see how the Man from U.N.C.L.E. film does before elaborating further.

Thank you for the time...

http://www.slashfilm.com/robotech-live-action-movie/

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Star Trek: the Animated Series.

what?

okay, okay...

SPACE STALLIONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mobile Suit Gundam

Wiki
  • Options
    warhorseonewarhorseone Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Battletech.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech:_The_Animated_Series
    https://youtu.be/YqzEssjkMeU?list=PL75F702EFDD330A8D

As long as its not called Mechwarrior the movie or something like.