test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Gamma Quadrant..coming soon"

medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
I know I am reading into Smirk's comment way too much in this latest livestream... but yay!

Hopefully soon doesn't mean 2+ years from now
Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I certainly hope not, I want to explore more of the Delta Quadrant, revisit old places and species that Voyager had run ins with.
    We have barely even begun to scratch the surface of that.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There's lots of new systems just north east of DS9 in the new sector space map on tribble. Also, there's quite a few hints to more story in the delta quadrant from dialogue in Dust to Dust. We'll see but I think eventually there's going to be more story around ds9.

Oh, and what happened to that picture smirk showed last month of borg cubes coming out of the what looked to be the wormhole at DS9? hmmm
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I certainly hope not, I want to explore more of the Delta Quadrant, revisit old places and species that Voyager had run ins with.
    We have barely even begun to scratch the surface of that.

As much as I'd like to see perhaps the Gamma and maybe see the development of a Cardassian faction from it...I agree 100%...want to see more of the Delta Quadrant before then.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Season 10: Rermastered missions, including the ones that take us into the Gamma Quadrant...

OR... Gamma Quadrant is open for business (future faction maybe, new missions, etc.)

Hmmmm... the suspense.
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't know about "soon" but the Gamma Quadrant being added to the game is an inevitability. Why would they not add it? He probably just said that not because it's coming anytime soon, but since Alpha, Beta and Delta are here Gamma is the next logical step.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    There's lots of new systems just north east of DS9 in the new sector space map on tribble. Also, there's quite a few hints to more story in the delta quadrant from dialogue in Dust to Dust. We'll see but I think eventually there's going to be more story around ds9.

Oh, and what happened to that picture smirk showed last month of borg cubes coming out of the what looked to be the wormhole at DS9? hmmm

The image was a teaser for this: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9064103-sto-teams-with-wizkids!

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Season 10: Rermastered missions, including the ones that take us into the Gamma Quadrant...

OR... Gamma Quadrant is open for business (future faction maybe, new missions, etc.)

Hmmmm... the suspense.

Gamma Quadrant isn't coming in season 10. We just recently gotten the Delta Quadrant and there's talk that the space that we can explore will be expanded upon.

There has to be a reason why the Alpha and Beta quadrants are done on tribble but the Delta Quadrant isn't one continuous map yet.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There has to be a reason why the Alpha and Beta quadrants are done on tribble but the Delta Quadrant isn't one continuous map yet.

Yes, they focused on the Alpha and Beta Quadrants before dealing with the Delta Quadrant. The Delta Quadrant is already a rectangular map and it is easy to add additional zones to the Delta Quadrant for future content.

We still need to deal with the Krenim before we go to the Gamma Quadrant since it won the Delta Quadrant poll back in 2013.

Personally, I rather Cryptic flesh out the Alpha and Beta Quadrants before we go to the Gamma Quadrant.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Come to think of it, the pending war with the Iconians would be an ideal time to bring the Dominion back into STO... A Step Between Stars makes clear the Iconians have influence in the Gamma quadrant, not just the Alpha, Beta and Delta quadrants...

Perfect opportunity for a playable Dominion/Cardassian faction, through the Dominion joining an alliance with the Alpha/Beta quadrant factions, against the Iconians...

Or, it could just be more episodes in the region along the lines of Delta Rising which I feel is more likely...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    kabilarkabilar Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Or,

a expansion of the DQ tto the Ocampa home planet. What happend in the 30+ years after the Voyager crew leave the Ocampa.

- Are they still living in their undergound city?
    - Are they ocupied by the Kazon?

Are we gonna help the Ocampa?

A few mission content to reach the Ocampa planet, after that we can do some space patro;s and a Kazon ground battlezone. The Ocampa city become a new social zone and the base for the alliance.

After the completion of the short mission content (lvl60) a new char slot and a Ocampa playable spiecesvwill be unlocked. Select at creation direct if you join the FED or KDF side.
    Start a brand new 20 mission storyline as Ocampa and after the mission content report at ESD / Qonos to hook on the existing content.

(Ocampa are the only -50 lvl spieces who can travel through the DQ and sphere to reach the Alpha and Beta quadrants and their home planet)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Come to think of it, the pending war with the Iconians would be an ideal time to bring the Dominion back into STO... A Step Between Stars makes clear the Iconians have influence in the Gamma quadrant, not just the Alpha, Beta and Delta quadrants...

Perfect opportunity for a playable Dominion/Cardassian faction, through the Dominion joining an alliance with the Alpha/Beta quadrant factions, against the Iconians...

Or, it could just be more episodes in the region along the lines of Delta Rising which I feel is more likely...

what influence? if i remember right, the iconians are afraid of the dominion because the dominion is very strong as an enemy.

i wish people would stop putting the cardassians in bed with the dominion, especially with what happened with cardassia at the end.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, the Delta-quadrant we got is a farce. It is just there to spit out show references without rhyme or reason in rapid-fire mode. You see almost all species of the VOY show smushed into this one space and they make a appearance for single, non-story patrol missions. Some people love that and it is exactly their understanding of a genuine representation of Star Trek and it's installments. I think it is laughable. And if they now add another quadrant with just the same lackluster token appearances I know it wouldn't make me happy, it would just show even more wasted potential.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    what influence? if i remember right, the iconians are afraid of the dominion because the dominion is very strong as an enemy.

i wish people would stop putting the cardassians in bed with the dominion, especially with what happened with cardassia at the end.

One of the planets featured on the platforms is the Dominion home world IIRC... If they're monitoring the Dominion home world, they have influence in the region...

They may not be quite as up-front when facing the Dominion, but there'd be nothing preventing them using subterfuge to undermine the Dominion, before launching an offensive... Section 31 nearly destroyed The Founders - an event which would likely cause the collapse of the Dominion - for example, if a mere human intelligence agency could do that, why not the Iconians?

It's really just limited by the writers - the activation of the gate network may even pave the way for such an offensive for example...

• Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, the dominion becomes our alliances new servitor-race. If we stay on this track, our allianc vs. iconians will become servitor races vs. servitor races.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yeah, there is no logical reason for the True Way to exist in the form it does in the game. A Cardassian splinter faction that wants a return to the Glorious Cardassia? Sure!

A splinter faction of the Dominion remaining behind, maybe lead by a new Link. Maybe. (But it would already contradict the statement in the final DS9 episode where they said that this marked the first time for some years that there was no Dominion ship or soldier in the Quadrant.)

But them working together? Nope.

The Cardassian arc doesn't just need a revamp. It needs to be thrown out and rewritten.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    One of the planets featured on the platforms is the Dominion home world IIRC... If they're monitoring the Dominion home world, they have influence in the region...

They may not be quite as up-front when facing the Dominion, but there'd be nothing preventing them using subterfuge to undermine the Dominion, before launching an offensive... Section 31 nearly destroyed The Founders - an event which would likely cause the collapse of the Dominion - for example, if a mere human intelligence agency could do that, why not the Iconians?

It's really just limited by the writers - the activation of the gate network may even pave the way for such an offensive for example...

section 31 only found a way to get at the founders through an ally, had odo not been around the chances are the founders wouldnt of contracted it at all, besides there was frequent usage of dominion security being very impressive. it wouldnt take the dominion long to find out if the iconians are upto something. there is not much room from which to try cause trouble because the clones, vorta and jem'hadar alike are pre-programmed a specific way, if an inconian in disguise doesnt act as one would expect, that iconian may as well paint a red bulls eye on its forehead and let dominion security find and eliminate the iconian.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    section 31 only found a way to get at the founders through an ally, had odo not been around the chances are the founders wouldnt of contracted it at all,

Yes, this is true, however the point I was making is that if Section 31 was able to develop and disseminate a virus that nearly destroyed the Founders, a faction has ancient and technologically advanced, not to mention lording over an unknown number of servitor races (and agitating other off against each other - eg Undine vs everyone) could easily take indirect action to undermine The Dominion, before a full scale offensive, and it's entirely plausible they'd be none the wiser as to the true instigators...
    besides there was frequent usage of dominion security being very impressive. it wouldnt take the dominion long to find out if the iconians are upto something. there is not much room from which to try cause trouble because the clones, vorta and jem'hadar alike are pre-programmed a specific way, if an inconian in disguise doesnt act as one would expect, that iconian may as well paint a red bulls eye on its forehead and let dominion security find and eliminate the iconian.

Who's to say they need direct access, where any of this is even relevant? An Iconion appears on Qo'nos, out of thin air and vaporises much of the High Council, if they wanted onto the Dominon home world, they could probably do it, as I see it...

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Taco's answer to that on Reddit :
    [–]tumerboyEnvironment Art Boy 19 points 6 hours ago

I have no idea what he's talking about. I have heard nothing, and seen nothing about the GQ. I think it was an off the cuff comment, more about what he'd like to see than what is coming.

Sorry. :/
    So yeah, not soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wouldn't mind a new faction, maybe the fraction nature has you choosing to be part of the Cardassian Union or the Dominion... (Cardassians & Bajoran Cardassian hybrids for one, Vorta & Jem'Hadar for the other.)

In as far as the Iconians versus the Dominion, I'm inclined to think stupid taunting at Imperial City aside, they're probably pretty smart and wouldn't antagonize the Dominion while dealing with the Alpha Quadrant at the same time.

The only reason the Dominion didn't swarm and annihilate the Alpha Quadrant was that it was 50,000 light years away, not their home turf, and the Prophets actively interfered with their massive fleet in a way most of the cosmic beings usually don't in Star Trek. (Except for the Organians.)

Besides, don't you think the master genetic engineers that are the Founders might have put, oh I don't know, a planetary ocean's thought into protecting themselves from other viral attacks. (Just because the Feds wouldn't't do it again doesn't't mean the Romulans, Breen, or Cardassians wouldn't.)
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Man... **** the Delta Quadrant. :mad: Seriously.

*returns to vigil for GQ/DS9/Cardie revamp* :D
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    The Cardassian arc doesn't just need a revamp. It needs to be thrown out and rewritten.

I'd like to see this happen. For starters, scaling back the True Way storyline would separate it from the similarities it has with the "Star Empire/Tal Shiar vs. Republic" story on the Romulan side.

More importantly, though, the current arc (IIRC) has little to no ties to the Iconian plot in this game... so, a mere revamp would seem like a side-step in the wrong direction, story-wise. It already does... I feel that the Cardassian arc really doesn't go anywhere. It feels like a placeholder, if not squandered potential.

Shortening the arc, writing something to deal with the True Way quickly, and tying in the Iconian story (somehow) would be welcomed additions.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, there is no logical reason for the True Way to exist in the form it does in the game. A Cardassian splinter faction that wants a return to the Glorious Cardassia? Sure!

A splinter faction of the Dominion remaining behind, maybe lead by a new Link. Maybe. (But it would already contradict the statement in the final DS9 episode where they said that this marked the first time for some years that there was no Dominion ship or soldier in the Quadrant.)

But them working together? Nope.

it does, but the cardassian rebuilding after the dominion killed so many innocent people on cardassia, damar knew the writing was on the wall before it happened and garak knew as soon as the dominion appeared, even in game there is still rebuilding going on, on cardassia. the detapa council lead by Natima Lang would never ally herself or the official government with the dominion.

on the other hand the true way wouldnt mind putting the screws to the detapa council and its allies. however this is a game about heroes fighting bad guys and winning. there is no chance of a true way character at all, even the dominion playable would need to be created in such a way that it dont show the most brutal ugly parts of an imperialist empire. i can imagine the true way making a deal with the dominion for support, but i would fully expect the dominion to turn on the true way when their purpose is complete, especially knowing what happened the last time with the cardassians turning on the dominion.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yes, this is true, however the point I was making is that if Section 31 was able to develop and disseminate a virus that nearly destroyed the Founders, a faction has ancient and technologically advanced, not to mention lording over an unknown number of servitor races (and agitating other off against each other - eg Undine vs everyone) could easily take indirect action to undermine The Dominion, before a full scale offensive, and it's entirely plausible they'd be none the wiser as to the true instigators...

doubtful, the dominion choose their own fights, they are very deliberate in this. the dominion are also not as stupid as they look either, they know when they are being played as well, their entire setup is based around the founders and their empire and the founders trust no one who is a solid. its entirely possible information and characters are treated as guilty until proven innocent, but their information is always accurate.

what possible scenario could you bring to the discussion that would invalidate or help debate your point more? because from the way i see it the dominion are harder to trick into something then it appears, the jem'hadar are smart enough to tell the difference, the vorta are highly manipulative both in telling lies and spotting them, as for the rest, even the economy of the dominion, its not needed for them, thats just a bonus means to an end.

as for the other bit i will get back to you on that at some point.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it does, but the cardassian rebuilding after the dominion killed so many innocent people on cardassia, damar knew the writing was on the wall before it happened and garak knew as soon as the dominion appeared, even in game there is still rebuilding going on, on cardassia. the detapa council lead by Natima Lang would never ally herself or the official government with the dominion.

on the other hand the true way wouldnt mind putting the screws to the detapa council and its allies. however this is a game about heroes fighting bad guys and winning. there is no chance of a true way character at all, even the dominion playable would need to be created in such a way that it dont show the most brutal ugly parts of an imperialist empire. i can imagine the true way making a deal with the dominion for support, but i would fully expect the dominion to turn on the true way when their purpose is complete, especially knowing what happened the last time with the cardassians turning on the dominion.

I didn't mean it as a playable faction. Just as a faction in the political sense.

No Cardassian, no matter how much he believed the old rule of the military and the obsidian order was the best way, no matter how much he thought that the Bajoran Occupation was justified and should have continued, would trust the Dominion or aby Dominion remnant. These "allies" turned on them and murdered countless of Cardassians.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm pretty sure that's the entire opposite.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

Because Iconia was bombed back to stoneage USAF style like 200k years ago. We know at least 1 iconian is alive in STO, but mabbe he's just a janitor for the gateway room. And not capable of disposing a galactic force that's controlling the Gamma quadrant.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd rather see some old story lines finished first.

In Sphere of influence, we use a gateway underneath the surface of New Romulus. We discover an entire facility (that for some unknown reasons has been modified to allow for us to survive there) that can be used to control the entire Iconian Gateway network. We download this information.

We then find out about a gateway, which is one of several thousands that have been opened.

After a battle, we find out this gateway leads to a Dyson sphere. We fight the Voth there for a few weeks, and then we seem to have abandoned this sphere and used the next one to get to the DQ. Now people are already asking to leave the DQ behind while, as some people have noted, we barely scratched the surface of it.

If a war with the Iconians comes, it would make sense to get back to the New Romulus gateway and try to capture that special facility, right? Instead of continuously hopping to the next exiting new thing, why not finish some old stories first and try to focus on one subject for more than a few weeks? Why not finish that story line with that gateway, since that was the reason we encountered the Voth, the Dyson spheres and the Delta Quadrant in the first place?

There's so many unanswered questions and I'd like to see some of those answered first.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    I'd rather see some old story lines finished first.

Because if the Iconian storyline is resolved too fast, all that'll be left will be filler storylines.

It's like watching a Transformers series and wondering "Hmm, why don't you just finish the first storyline and kill off Megatron and the Decepticons?".
    Because they're the main villains and thus can only be defeated at the very end of a series (unless it's cancelled before the resolution).
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    xithrobbenxithrobben Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd also like a GQ arch with Dominion antagonists. A second Dominion war would have made a far better story than the increasingly ridiculous Iconian arch if you ask me. The Dominion was also (aside presumably from a Borg incursion) the only threat able to legitimately unite the Alpha Quadrant superpowers in canon.

As far as a playable faction goes, I don't think so. How do you attach a half Cardassian or Dominion faction onto the Feds and KDF like the Romulans have to put up with? All their iconic ships have also been cashed in on already. The Romulans were at least lucky that their fleet was never tapped by the lockboxes. They'd also degrade the canon like with the Romulans because they won't let us play as the bad guys, despite games like SWTOR doing this with great success with the Sith.

I just can't see much chance of it happening for these reasons, and perhaps that's for the best. If the Romulans were allowed to be an independent faction true to the RSE, and the Dominion/Cardassian ships weren't already available - then the stage would have been set for a Cardassian faction, or a returned Dominion faction (ft Cardassians). As it stands though, I'd still like to see the Dominion return as antagonists if we ever go into the GQ.