test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tails for Alien Races?

potuyitpotuyit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've arrived on Kobali and I finally lost it. I went up to the quartermaster and one again found a tail that no race can use in the character creator. So, I hereby propose that alien races should have the option to have some form of tail. I mean, it's a shame it's not already in the game. It's not like it'll affect gameplay at all. I've seen multiple NPC non-character people with these short, wiggly tails.

Picture of wiggly tail from the QM.

eWMnTM6.jpg
Post edited by potuyit on

Comments

• Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are you sure that's a tail ? not all species keep their genitals in the same place. Lol
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I support OP's request for more parts being made available to increase player-made species diversity.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've said it before and Callevista who is in charge of these things has stated that while it's a want that tails are meant to be something special to Caitians/Ferasans. That said he is open to the idea if time in their schedule could be found.

So I'll throw in for the request anyway. Perhaps a proper petition should be made.

In any event I wouldn't mind that aliens tail, though I would prefer something a bit longer myself. I am open to a serpentine tail.

Also unduligrade legs.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It already "happened" and was just another "evil exploit" ... they "fixed" it (one of the most important Bugs till now, who cares about nonsense like resetting you Ship Powers every 5min)... so no Tail for you ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you got the kobali boff on the first day it was available, you were able to give it a tail.

Cryptic fixed that quick.
  • Options
    idashlaidashla Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Shoulldn't Gorn have an option for tails, if any species? Aren't they related to lizards basically. I would love to have a Godzilla like tail going on my Gorn. That would be cool. So make sure if they get a tail, they get lots of horn/pointy bits up on top of them. :D
    ZNju0ze.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    idashla wrote: »
    Shoulldn't Gorn have an option for tails, if any species? Aren't they related to lizards basically. I would love to have a Godzilla like tail going on my Gorn. That would be cool. So make sure if they get a tail, they get lots of horn/pointy bits up on top of them. :D

I'm not opposed to it, but canonically Gorn don't have tails.

That said the Gorn can't be the only other Alpha Quadrant reptilian species. I wonder how hard it would be to make a reptilian snout in the AlienGen.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Personally, I'd like some wings (there's that one Avian race in the cartoon series); even if they're just cosmetic (but functional with emotes; such as cheering having the wings temporarily flair out) since flying would be too clunky, and too hilarious (redux of the terrible spacewalk in that one Dyson mission).
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I still want a whip like tail, which is furless and uses the default skin color. Maybe with a blade type attachment on the tip. My home brewed alien race (name redacted for now) is kinda demon like.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I've said it before and Callevista who is in charge of these things has stated that while it's a want that tails are meant to be something special to Caitians/Ferasans. That said he is open to the idea if time in their schedule could be found.
    I'm not gonna play a furry, but I'd buy the Caitian if that would unlock the tails for my Aliens.
    If you got the kobali boff on the first day it was available, you were able to give it a tail.

Cryptic fixed that quick.
    Been there, done that, made a tail-hole in the T-shirt.

And now I can't ever change her clothes again because the tail would go away. I already regret the outfit I gave her. :(

Besides, Kobali should totally be allowed tails. What if she was made from a Caitian corpse?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I still want a whip like tail, which is furless and uses the default skin color. Maybe with a blade type attachment on the tip. My home brewed alien race (name redacted for now) is kinda demon like.
    You sir are speaking my language :cool:
    warpangel wrote: »
    I'm not gonna play a furry, but I'd buy the Caitian if that would unlock the tails for my Aliens.

And now I can't ever change her clothes again because the tail would go away. I already regret the outfit I gave her. :(

Besides, Kobali should totally be allowed tails. What if she was made from a Caitian corpse?

That's a good point....though, since the Rebirth process makes you wholly Kobali the tail would fall off/get reabsorbed. It's not like Borg assimilation in that sense, they won't let you keep useful parts. It changes your brain for crying out loud.
  • Options
    idashlaidashla Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    That's a good point....though, since the Rebirth process makes you wholly Kobali the tail would fall off/get reabsorbed. It's not like Borg assimilation in that sense, they won't let you keep useful parts. It changes your brain for crying out loud.

Man, I would hate to see the Kobali-Caitian trying to deal with the fact that rebirth meant they lost their tail. One would think that would put them into shock, and give them PTSD.

"We need a counselor here STAT!"
    ZNju0ze.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpangel wrote: »

Err, Caitians aren't furries..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    idashla wrote: »
    Man, I would hate to see the Kobali-Caitian trying to deal with the fact that rebirth meant they lost their tail. One would think that would put them into shock, and give them PTSD.

"We need a counselor here STAT!"

That would be a shock. It's stated that except with humans most Kobali lose all their memories of their previous life. Perhaps that's intentional to help overcome things like that. So in theory at some point said former Caitian would forget they ever had a tail.

Still creepy.

Can we get the Vidiians and Starfleet medical on the problem...restore their ability to reproduce naturally. I would think that would still be the Kobali's goal.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Id love to see various tails added to the alien maker... but while we're at it can I get some more reptile options? Maybe I wanna play a gorn that doesnt like the Empire damnit or I wanna play something between a voth and gorn
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    potuyit wrote: »
    I've arrived on Kobali and I finally lost it...

This is what caused you to finally lose it? Really?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I always thought that the Caitian/Ferasan parts were kept out of the character creator to prevent people from creating "Catgirls."(AKA, women with furry catlike ears and tails but with a perfectly human body otherwise. See "Final Fantasy Mithra" on google image search for reference.)

But then again I'd totally support tails of different kinds in the character creator for aliens. Furred, non-furred, reptilian ect ect.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    I always thought that the Caitian/Ferasan parts were kept out of the character creator to prevent people from creating "Catgirls."(AKA, women with furry catlike ears and tails but with a perfectly human body otherwise. See "Final Fantasy Mithra" on google image search for reference.)

But then again I'd totally support tails of different kinds in the character creator for aliens. Furred, non-furred, reptilian ect ect.

That would bleed into the JJ-verse after all. :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    JJ-verse turned Caitians into "Catgirls?"

Seriously? Where did I miss that? (Having watched both movies, albiet only once and quite a while ago.)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    JJ-verse turned Caitians into "Catgirls?"

Seriously? Where did I miss that? (Having watched both movies, albiet only once and quite a while ago.)

The two women Kirk is in bed with in Into Darkness at the start. They are both Caitians, but look like stereotypical cat girls. No fur, weird facial features, and tails.

This was confirmed by a senior producer.

It's terrible.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I always figured that they were half-Caitians.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I always figured that they were half-Caitians.

Don't even deserve that much of a label.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Oh yeah I vaguely remember. I figured they were just a new JJverse race. I had no idea that is what they had reduced Caitians to.

Goodness, I'm so disappointed. I like the STO Caitians, catgirls are just a mockery.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    At least they didn't butcher the Gorn but made them cooler (IMO) in the game for JJTrek.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Caitians are furry all over, I play one so I should know.

So they can logically be called furries. Ferasans too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    echatty wrote: »
    Caitians are furry all over, I play one so I should know.

So they can logically be called furries. Ferasans too.

I consider a furry to be those people into those anthropomorphic characters, not an actual animal alien from Trek.
  • Options
    tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

The people who play Caitians are furries.

^^^I'm glad we can agree on something.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Personally I don't care too badly if cat tails never make it into Aliengen; there's probably a reason for it and it may even be a good one. What I'd hope to see is the vaguely reptilian tail that exists on one of the pink alien NPCs in aliengen, or at the very least as an option on Gorn, particularly if it means expanding the Gorn customisation options towards some of the soft canon's multiple subspecies.

Disclaimer: on mobile connection right now and couldn't load OP's image, so I don't know if that's the tail I mean or not anyway/
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ssargon wrote: »
    Personally I don't care too badly if cat tails never make it into Aliengen; there's probably a reason for it and it may even be a good one. What I'd hope to see is the vaguely reptilian tail that exists on one of the pink alien NPCs in aliengen, or at the very least as an option on Gorn, particularly if it means expanding the Gorn customisation options towards some of the soft canon's multiple subspecies.

Disclaimer: on mobile connection right now and couldn't load OP's image, so I don't know if that's the tail I mean or not anyway/

It is the pink alien one.
  • Options
    chibiskunkchibiskunk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hell, I'm still waiting for caitians to show up in the game. These cat-people are NOT caitians. Evidence? Here it is:

Here's one

Another

I'd be willing to give up that extra appendage in this one

Notice they all have BIG hair?