test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THANKYOU Cryptic :D

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Memorials should be treated with respect, and I get that. I get that most people probably demonstrate that respect by being grim, quiet, solemn, introspective, contemplative, and in mourning.

However...

Some traditions consider it appropriate to ...well... to use a modern, probably too-hip-for-my-point, quote: they "put the FUN back in FUNeral." I'm thinking of things like an Old Irish Wake or New Orleans Jazz Funeral. Yes, part of those events do include quiet moments, but at certain points in their traditions, the party begins, and participants are encouraged to sing and dance.

In some beliefs it is done because the music/dancing may wake-up and/or please the gods/spirits allowing positive placement of the deceased's soul. In others it's all part of the celebration of the passing of a good life lived, maybe even the celebration that "Hey, we're not the dead ones, we're all still alive!"

...I'm not sure why I'm posting, I mostly don't care about the Disco Balls either way... I bought 100 when they were first released and still have over 80 left. I rarely use them, myself, but overall I like that they exist and think they are a neat/fun thing.

I'm no fool, I can see why some people might feel annoyed by them in general use, though personally I think those people are fuddy-duddies who should lighten-up (this is a video game, afterall), likewise I know there are jerks out there who do troll people with what should otherwise be funstuff, and those people should burn in hell. Overall if people followed Wheaton's Law there wouldn't be any problems.

So, I guess I just wanted to post my vote that I hope Disco Balls are not removed entirely from or overly restricted in the game. And also say that I can see why Cryptic made a "No Fun Zone" around the Vulcan memorial, and I'm "OK" with that, but people should be aware that it may not always be trolling. There are other ways to deal with death.

:o

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In line with what others have already stated, the fact that Cryptic has needed to implement devices and now areas where subspace party amplifiers cannot be used; shows that they are indeed trolling devices, and never should been created in the first place.

With that, I will simply say, thank you, for creating a barrier around the monument to prevent trolling from these devices.

Except, as had been found, the barrier has already proven defeated completely and failed. Maybe Cryptic should finally learn you don't implement things for people to play with and start adding conditions to them. It's non-sequitur. Everyone has their own way of paying their respects and anyone can regard any method not their own as disrespectful, and I think our late Nimoy would point out what is truly disrespectful is our unwillingness to tolerate others ways of showing their respects. Just look at other world cultures.
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Ahaha someone just told me how to do it. Good work, all!

Gotta love the reputation these guys give themselves, because they can no longer PVP......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uAmMfsfeAA

Thats how i feel about yah Nbreeki, think of me like James Franco in that bit buddy.

Yes i would also like to shoot a tank at the dear leader and watch his head explode.

TO bad he don't log in and hit the delete button, out of pitty for what you guys have become.

Keep posting, please, and by all means, keep proving my point.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In line with what others have already stated, the fact that Cryptic has needed to implement devices and now areas where subspace party amplifiers cannot be used; shows that they are indeed trolling devices, and never should been created in the first place.

With that, I will simply say, thank you, for creating a barrier around the monument to prevent trolling from these devices.

no it just means there is a loud mouth contingent of mourners and its just easier to give in to their demands than deal with reddit and twitter threads they create.

In another week most everyone in game will have forgotten these memorials even exist and no one will care what you do on Vulcan.. except the new professional mourners who are just using this as an excuse to attack players/fleets they don't like
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Just a thought... putting ones own neck into the noose..., is not the smartest thing to do.

Especially when there are many folks out there who are just dying for the chance to pull the lever.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was just reading the patch notes and I saw this:

"Players should no longer be able to use party powers such as the Disco Ball on other players around the statue of Spock on Vulcan."

Thank you chaps, much appreciated :)

The right way it should be:
    Players should no longer be able to use party powers such as the Disco Ball AT ALL
    Would prevent encroaching ignore lists like mine.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
    edited March 2015
    no it just means there is a loud mouth contingent of mourners and its just easier to give in to their demands than deal with reddit and twitter threads they create.

In another week most everyone in game will have forgotten these memorials even exist and no one will care what you do on Vulcan.. except the new professional mourners who are just using this as an excuse to attack players/fleets they don't like

Have you ever considered that perhaps not giving them so many reasons to do so, might be the better road to travel?

<shrug>
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just thinking aloud here: The patch notes say that disco balls cannot be deployed around the Spock statue. I'm wondering how far one must go from the statue until disco balls are deployable, and whether or not it would be possible to simply make a wider ring of party amplifiers around the statue area, if not around the statue itself.

It's probably nothing, this thought, but I think it might be work checking out, if only out of simply curiosity.

This is sad.
    edited March 2015
    dourif wrote: »
    This is sad.

But apparently, a mind-set that is very difficult to get away from.

:(
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015

I hope you get caught using it..................because if your are its a Exploit :P
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited March 2015
    Didn't say I would personally. The fact that a workaround, an easy work around at that, exists shows that Cryptic just slapped a quick fix to make people shut up.

...and we can see that THAT worked oh so well also.

;)

Uuuummm... you might want to think about deleting your post encouraging folks to do so then.

Just saying.

Culpability is a bee-otch.

:rolleyes:
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Didn't say I would personally. The fact that a workaround, an easy work around at that, exists shows that Cryptic just slapped a quick fix to make people shut up.

No, it shows that Cryptic concurs that what Dental has done constitutes harrassment. A wise man will hear loss in the wind, and take the hint (although part of me hopes they kinda won't, and act all surprised when suddenly that ban-hammer hits them).

Cryptic done good creating the monument; and Cryptic done good protecting the sanctity thereof.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure why Balloons have been disabled. How were they affecting other players?

"Oh no, I have to look at balloons" - how traumatising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why Balloons have been disabled. How were they affecting other players?

balloons remind me of clowns, which are horrifying.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited March 2015
    balloons remind me of clowns, which are horrifying.

I saw someone with a rather bizarre clown-like alien character on DS9 earlier :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited March 2015
    Lets face it guys, Dental can't have fun in STO anymore, because the Mature players caught onto their type of TRIBBLE.

Dental "used to" think of themselves as some form of "fun" mmo police force or something, i dunno.

But when people can do it better then they can, and not fall into their crapola, they have no fun doing anything in the game, because they are just that type of people.

I think the players can police themselves, we don't need wanna be daddy dental watching out for the "players".

If you guys were not so sleezy and i mean really sick creepy how you go about things, i bet the community would respect that name "Starfleet Dental".

Sadly though, these guys have been dying off.

As someone that watches this fleet, they havent been around that much, then they blantently come do what they said they were going to do on Vulcan.

And its not hard to watch a fleet, or where they are, even if they are hidden. Every player in this fleet needs to be hidden, if they are going to troll the way they do honeslty.

The "planned" spamming of disco balls, after such an absence, shows the community itself, that you guys are "sleezy" trolls.

Your not making people laugh anymore..... your basically becoming like the little kid that wont shut up and needs attention to feel good about themselves.

Only way your going to turn around the "rep" butts was talking about, is by WORKING WITH and NOT TROLLING the community, and Forums, and RE-THINK what it means to be a lover of the dear leader, and north korea and all that. Troll the jerk faces who deserve it, the SMART way you guys can. This is MMO politics. If your trolling people "you deem" justafiably being trolled, your doing it wrong, coming off the way you do.

Dental is currently doing nothing positive for the game. That name and rep is the asset, and all you guys currently are doing is running it through the dirt.

Back when bran flakes ran the forums here, if i posted one thing about dental, positive, or negative, the threads would be gone in 5 minutes.

Im thinking you guys lost some friends, in the community and the devs, and the current team working on the game. Because it was quiet obvious past memebers of cryptics team working on this game, were showing you guys favortism.

The Disco balls are a prime example of that favortism.

Now see, i hear this idea about you guys being the top secrect, NON pink lettered Dev team. ( Yer alt fleet per say, where yer toons dont have the dev pink letter in game. ) Whatever i say to that is ineveitable.... But if it is true, here is the deal...

Sadly the cryptic infighting was posted everywhere on the internet. I am sure somewhere down the line, there was a disagreement, and you guys were given the rope, enough to hang yourselves.

Why, because as awesome as you guys CAN be, you show yourselves with no respect to others.

You say this is the age of the internet? Yes it is. You say people have to deal with it? Yes we do.

I like to troll people who deserve it, who have to be blatant jerks to people in game because it hurts the game and its population to have people running around like that in game.

This game does not have an in game GM team, and with the TRIBBLE being said in zone on ESD from all the really crappy trolls, i say it needs an observational GM team.

There was a time, when i personally thought that was in the works, for you guys, because you "used to" show you had some form of compassion towards the community and game. Yet. i could never see it happening, because of the fact you guys exibit ZERO self respect. And without that, how do you expect to get any respect from the community?

I also dont want to see a bunch of GM's and International laws in every mmo, or on the internet banning trolls period. These kinds of actions, cause these things to happen.

Whether you like this game or not, remember it has star trek written all over it, and trekkies are the largest group of "fanboys" and "girls" in the world, and no matter what, doing what you guys do, in the end, hurts Star Trek itself.

You guys don't realize how well of a POSITIVE effect, you can have on the community, but you choose not to do it. You would rather have fun trolling people at their own expense for not being "like you".

Ive observed you guys for the last year or two. Starfleet Dental is an asset to the game, if you guys do your thing, "right". Currently, spamming disco balls at an in-game monument, shows your taste of "having fun" to the world.

The monument was "top news" on google and yahoo for a few days... how many people around the world do you think made an account, just to check it out, and seen zombie spock sitting there disrespecting the show of respect? How do you think that perseption, was relayed to the new player?

IMO i would have said wow, this game sucks.... look at the utter disrespect to Nimoy.

I dont care if he is up their laughing. Its about Players being able to show their respect to him, without being forced to dance by those disco balls.
  • reverseandereverseande Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015

you dont get it.Its not about party amps its about roleplayers.Anything that gets in their way will be removed and changed.Thats whats left in this game anyway....roleplayers .Thats why this game is the LOL of the mmo world.
    edited March 2015
    Isn't it about time this Naming & Shaming thread got the chop anyway?

Incidentally, I've used party popper balloon shooty guns on Vulcan. I'm not in Starfleet Dental. I'll continue dancing and playing the fool on Vulcan until you overly sensitive crybabies get over yourselves.

None of you knew Leonard Nimoy in real life, you weren't his friends or his family. You aren't genuinely mourning his loss.

This is self-aggrandizing "Look at me, I'm the biggest Trek fan, now get out of my way so I can take a selfie with the statue" attention seeking and nothing more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited March 2015
    Isn't it about time this Naming & Shaming thread got the chop anyway?

Incidentally, I've used party popper balloon shooty guns on Vulcan. I'm not in Starfleet Dental. I'll continue dancing and playing the fool on Vulcan until you overly sensitive crybabies get over yourselves.

None of you knew Leonard Nimoy in real life, you weren't his friends or his family. You aren't genuinely mourning his loss.

This is self-aggrandizing "Look at me, I'm the biggest Trek fan, now get out of my way so I can take a selfie with the statue" attention seeking and nothing more.

Prime example of the type of behavior that needs to be stopped in MMO's everywhere.

This kind of TRIBBLE, along with dev teams poor, poor choices, has caused the mass exodus from very good MMO's like WoW.

I dont really care what dental does, and Nbreeki knows this, until its a BLATENT TRIBBLE on the commuinity itself, because i actually EXIBIT pride in the game i like to play.. glitches and all.

This is why, if cryptic "looked" at the metrics, i dont harass them. I do make statements, from time to time, about the negative view, their product is getting based on allowing actions like this to go on.

I actually care about the game. and community... as i said just a second ago, Glitches, bugs and all, because i actually READ what the dev team is saying, and can feel good for a change, about the job they are doing.
    edited March 2015
    I like how I specifically said I'm not in Starfleet Dental but you made your reply to my comment into an attack on them anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like that both sides of this pointless debate are trolls accusing other trolls of acting like trolls.
    edited March 2015
    I like how I specifically said I'm not in Starfleet Dental but you made your reply to my comment into an attack on them anyway.

I like how you percieved that, because i said "these actions" some how made you feel some part of dental.

If i was dental, i would get some form of self satisfaction from that one.

The PRIMARY most visable users of the DISCO BALLS. ( NOT THE POPPERS ) as it was observed by the ENTIRE community, has been the fleet called Starfleet Dental.

If you used a popper, and made a comment like that, then thats up to you how you percieve things. Your entire statement, itself, is the kind of behavior that causes laws on the internet to happen.

Laws, not rules.
    edited March 2015
    Like I said, I'll keep dancing and playing the fool on Vulcan. I have as much right to be there as the roleplayers who are trying to turn it into the Wailing Wall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tamujiin wrote: »
    Prime example of the type of behavior that needs to be stopped in MMO's everywhere.

This kind of TRIBBLE, along with dev teams poor, poor choices, has caused the mass exodus from very good MMO's like WoW.

I dont really care what dental does, and Nbreeki knows this, until its a BLATENT TRIBBLE on the commuinity itself, because i actually EXIBIT pride in the game i like to play.. glitches and all.

This is why, if cryptic "looked" at the metrics, i dont harass them. I do make statements, from time to time, about the negative view, their product is getting based on allowing actions like this to go on.

I actually care about the game. and community... as i said just a second ago, Glitches, bugs and all, because i actually READ what the dev team is saying, and can feel good for a change, about the job they are doing.

Dancing on mailboxes and not taking self important 'behavior police' seriously is not why WoW has gone from a career high number of subscribers to a number of subscribers that any other MMO developer would kill for. That award goes to the MMO market becoming alot more competitive, the MMO market becoming far more directed towards a F2P/B2P model, and WoW having a decade old play engine with none of the interactivity or innovation of newer games.

As far as these thread go, and your misbehaviour in them, I don't actually think you can honestly claim to care about the game community. At least not any more than those you try to condemn. Every one of your posts speaks less of someone interested in this game or this community, and more of a bitter angry person gloating over the perceived misfortune of others.

In fact, I feel comfortable saying that your attempt to blame fellow forum goers for the death of modern MMO's is so dramatically out of proportion with the actions being committed that it shoots in the head any claim you might have made to a moral high ground. Or it would have, had you not just spent the last few hours on this forum childishly taunting other players.
This discussion has been closed.