test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gameclient.exe crashes

Gameclient.exe keeps crashing after a few minutes of play i have tried reinstalling several times, i even reinstalled my OS and still have the problem this just started a few days ago. i get no error message other then the Gameslient.exe has stopped working.

If anyone has any idea of what i can do please let me know. Ask if you need any more info.

windows 8 and 8.1
geforce gtx 670
12gb ram

Thanks
Post edited by noxalon#4381 on

Comments

• Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been having this issue for a month and a half, and it happens every time I'm fighting, which leaves the game relatively unplayable. You're not alone, but still, it's a problem more people seem to be having, so hopefully they put more effort into fixing it.
  • Options
    bugfix128bugfix128 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Had trouble with client crashes too

using AMD R9 295X GPU with win7 X64 and i have 3 graphic render options:
    DX11
    DX9ex
    DX9

a little investigation brought me to the following:

Windowed mode:
    DX11 renderer - seem to be flawd in many ways - even Tab between Game-Windows an othe programms didn't work or lead to crashes.

DX9ex - tends to poor performance in dyson sphere space and newer space regions (delta quadrant)

DX9 - seems to not supporting frame stabelizer or framerat limiter properly. the perfomance drops dramaticaly if one oder more windows (inside the game) overlaps another windows or gui element.

both dx9 and dx9ex tend to crash if ther are application windows open and the client is in the foreground. minimize all your Programms before launching the game

Fullscreen mode:
    DX11 - hopeless - even stalls the GPU-driver in some circumstances (had to rebbot the system multiple times)

DX9ex - works good if anti-aliasing option ist not set too high (4x is max for me - 8x kills performance)

DX9 - like in windows mode does not supporting limits on framrates which leads to cooling problems on some systems.

even fullscreen does not like other windows applications to be opend in background. minimize them to taskbar or close them

unfortunately the devs didn't explain the difference between dx9 and dx9ex properly or i missed that somehow...

cheers
  • Options
    demolisher05demolisher05 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Been having this same issue for a while. It usually happens after I log in with a character and my game is loading.
    A few times I manage to log in and was playing for a minute or two when it happened.

I've verified the integrity of the game cache in steam and force verified STO in the log in window using options at the top.
  • Options
    ceestoneceestone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yea after this last patch now i having this issue the game crash as soon i start to fight hope they address this soon!
  • Options
    coraleccoralec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have been having this problem as well on an nvidia 980, please fix this.
  • Options
    ivangorskiivangorski Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm with the people that have the crash occuring. I play the game on 2 different computers and I get the crash on both of them. Always in combat. If I delete the entire game and reinstall it ... with the 10GB patch I get a crash free week or so. Don't know if that is a coincidence...
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For me personally, They found out that this crash was being caused by Fmod. For some reason, it doesn't like me using my headset, so whenever i play using the headset, the game crashes due to the fmods. I've stopped using the headset, but now can't hear or speak in game, but it at least runs.

I still don't get why this would be an issue after 5 months, but then again, this is cryptic we're talking about, so i doubt they'll ever fix it.