Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Oh, that is good news!

Good luck at the new job, BranFlakes!

Much like yourself, I see.

Actually, I would hesitate to call you as useful as an appendix. In fact, I believe that, based on this post, you are barely as useful as the Kazon, and no less impolite.

Please take the bile somewhere else.

Gotta love when people get angry that others disagree with them. Oh wait, this is the STO forum, no surprise hehe.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Gotta love when people get angry that others disagree with them. Oh wait, this is the STO forum, no surprise hehe.

http://garfield.wikia.com/wiki/Lanolin_Sheep :rolleyes:
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    lunasto wrote: »

Hey Luna, been a while!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2015

This is the internet. It would be surprising if they didn't.
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey Luna, been a while!

Welcome back kitty face! :)
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    lunasto wrote: »
    Welcome back kitty face! :)

I've been here, just not as active lately.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    I don't think he did such a great job here. Quite to the contrary, he was about as useful as an appendix, IMHO.
    What most of the branflakes fanboy fanclub dont take into consideration is that when something is called as worthless as an appendix it is a metaphor for something being well worthless.

But the branflakes fanclub is so clear to take a clear metaphor and turn it into a they are right you are wrong poke thier fingers in thier ears and start LALALALALA THEY ARE RIGHT YOUR WRONG LALALALA ...well you get the bigger picture.

I for one did not like branflakes as CM here and am personally glad he is gone good riddance to bad rubbish...oh and fanboys do tell how rubbish is so valuable :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more, they are most welcome to him.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Come on kids, stop the fight. :(

So, some liked Brandon, some not. That's the spice of life. But this shouldn't be a judging about someone who isn't here.

I payed a Voodoo Princess called Lady Shabubu to cast a spell on him because he married someone else. Did it work? No. Was I pissed about that? Sure, but live goes on.

We all need to accept changes and decisions. hmmm... :(

Oh and one thing: Thank God I didn't derail this thread. Because I hate that.
    That stands against everything in my life.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quite a soliloquy, Champ. Glad to be your muse. You're welcome.

For the record, I'm retired, own my house, and financially secure at age 46.

The reason STO will never be the game I want it to be, is because it's proprietors are corporate bean counters, and perennial under achievers like Branflakes, who are uninterested in doing anything beyond collecting bonuses, and paychecks.

Firstly, anyone can say anything at all on the InterWebs where proof of such details can be merely a bothersome irritant. Which can be easily overlooked. So I remain highly sceptical of your supposedly secure financial affairs. I'll not go so far as to call what you wrote a lie, but since this is the Internet, the truth is badly misrepresented more days than not. This would be the point where a weak minded person grasping at straws would whip out some wildly improbable statement like they are BFFs with Donald Trump or they helped Al Gore invent the Internet. The technique is called the Big Lie. Used quite effectively by Dr. Goebbels and others of his ilk all throughout human history.

You are not my muse. I prefer people whom are much more positive in nature and who generate a force for good in the world. The tone of all your posts all throughout these forums indicate someone who is neither. And does not know how to be anything else. BTW, if what you wrote about being retired at 46 is true, the only way this could happen is for you to collect more than a few paychecks and bonuses yourself. So this makes you part of the group you have expressed contempt for, does it not?

As to the 'perennial underachiever' thing; how can this be so when you are playing STO and participating in these forums? Obviously, they are cleverer than you give them credit for if they've managed to lure in and keep someone like yourself.

I stand firmly behind my previous opinion. Without any apology or mollification. And if it placed such a burr under your saddle then I must have hit the mark bang on.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Right. Praise and adoration for always showing up a day late, and a buck short. For always taking 1 step forward, and 2 steps back. For "fixing" things that weren't broke, and breaking things that were "fixed". For their ongoing campaign of never being able to do anything right. Let's all lift our glasses for Cryptic, and Branflakes! Cheers!

I assume the "for fixing things that weren't broken and breaking things that were fixed" portion of your post applies to the devs and not Branflakes since he was just a Community Manager.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It didn't happen out in front of the entire forum, but Branflakes gave me a word of encouragement on my writing that made a big difference. :)

Whatever flaws Cryptic has, I think that what people are most angry at are decisions that he had to communicate that he actually had no input into. The impression I got of Branflakes was that he was a decent guy.

As for me, I will remember him well and be thankful for that encouragement.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Single tear in eye...

Might pick up lol again...
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Congrats Brandon for the new job. I know you will do great there at Riot and I wish you well. You will always be a part of the STO forum family so pop in if you are able to let us know how things are going.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Yeah, Bran, come on in and tell us about the Jem'Hadar Strike Ship you managed to cop within the first hour of the RD pack event. If that's not lucky, I don't know what is!

I've been considering carefully how to respond to all this bile you've been typing in this thread.

It could of course be a well rounded, intelligent, careful post like most people on these forums are more than capable of producing.

I could of course take your route and run around screaming like a tosspot at every little thing that gets your goat and annoying everyone around you while you do it. (and believe me when I say you are EXTREMELY ANNOYING, why the hell else would I be typing this)

I think I'll take a middle ground, more difficult, yes, but hopefully much more satisfying.

When I first saw your first post in this thread I immediately had the thought that you were a completely insensitive prat and didn't have the first clue what you were talking about, and your posts here since then have endeared me to that viewpoint. Do you ever consider the effects your posts will have on the people your talking about, and do you even care? Why do you go all out to annoy the hell out of people, do you get some sadistic thrill out of it? Is it really necessary to display your total arseholery for all to see?

I'd be really interested to see all your answers to these questions, and please answer seriously, I really want to know, unless of course you have some aversion to being introspective?
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We wish Brandon all the best of luck at Riot, and know that he will do well there, just as he did at Firefall.

As this thread is going troll with discussions bordering on offensive about Smirk vs BFlakes, it has gone off topic and will be closed.

LLAP everyone!
    ~Smirk
This discussion has been closed.