test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Branflakes goes on a riot

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,014 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Ten Forward
As some of you may know. (if you follow on facebook, twitter etc) Former STO CM and PWE CTL Brandon "Branflakes" Felczer has announced his new big adventure.

Brandon has begun work at Riot Games on the Player Relations Team for League of Legends.

I am so proud of him for achieving his new role. As a personal friend I can not put into words how happy I am for him.

There is no doubt he will work as hard for their player base as he did for us here at STO.

Not that you need it Brandon, but I will say it anyway. Good luck my friend, continue doing yourself proud as you have done for us the players at STO. The League of Legends players are lucky to have you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh, that is good news!

Good luck at the new job, BranFlakes!
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    I don't think he did such a great job here. Quite to the contrary, he was about as useful as an appendix, IMHO.

Much like yourself, I see.

Actually, I would hesitate to call you as useful as an appendix. In fact, I believe that, based on this post, you are barely as useful as the Kazon, and no less impolite.

Please take the bile somewhere else.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Brandon did manage to edit blogs the right way. Our current staff is unable to release a single news item without glaring spelling errors and copy/paste mistakes. It's quite disturbing. :o
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sounds like somebody got their cheerio's peed in today.

Grumpy Grumpy.

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eazzie wrote: »
    As some of you may know. (if you follow on facebook, twitter etc) Former STO CM and PWE CTL Brandon "Branflakes" Felczer has announced his new big adventure.

Brandon has begun work at Riot Games on the Player Relations Team for League of Legends.

So you are basically saying, he LoL'd? ;)
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    Sounds like somebody got their cheerio's peed in today.

Grumpy Grumpy.

:rolleyes:

Inorite?

/10char
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The appendix is in fact a vital part of your body's immune system. It only becomes "useless" if it becomes so infected while performing its duties that you develop appendicitis - which, if you're familiar with medical Latin, you know only means a sudden inflammation of the appendix. Left untreated, it can either subside or develop into peritonitis (a swelling of the abdominal lining) after bursting. Since symptoms don't usually develop unless the case is about to become disastrous anyway, a total (or "radical") appendectomy is the only recommended treatment.

So yes, Brandon was as useful as an appendix - he kept the body politic here from becoming too badly infected with pointless rage, and in his absence you can see the infection is spreading.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Can we keep the thread on topic please. Thank you :)

Everyone has the right to their own opinion (without breaking TOS rules).

Brandon was and IS still very much loved and missed by a large volume of STO. this thread to meant to celebrate his next big adventure and let him know that us here are thinking of him and wishing him all the best.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Oops! Sorry for bunching your panties Woofy, by expressing a contrary, opinion. I wish I could get on the "RAH, RAH, RAH, BRANDON!" bandwagon, but I stand by my opinion. As Brandon's personal friend, maybe the OP should have enclosed his sentiments in a personal Email. Don't post issues in a forum, if you get butthurt by contrary opinions. Good to know your still on the job as the friendly, neiborhood, forum cop, though. Have a nice day!

I think this should be fine, much like Tacofangs, he is another celebrity-like STO figure that everyone enjoy's having around. I haven't heard anyone say an unkind word about him. What few encounters I have had with him, he seemed like a good and decent guy.

I hope things work out for him in his new position. Although, I do hope he will drop by sometimes to say hi.
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was expecting news of Brandon completely losing his mind and going on an actual riot.

Color me disappointed. :P
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    I was expecting news of Brandon completely losing his mind and going on an actual riot.

Color me disappointed. :P

Is it bad that I was also expecting that?
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rooster707 wrote: »
    Is it bad that I was also expecting that?

I was expecting that as well. What kinda title is this?
    -Makbure
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    makbure wrote: »
    I was expecting that as well. What kinda title is this?

A title that will make you want to read a thread ..... well this is cryptic after all. :)
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't think he did such a great job here. Quite to the contrary, he was about as useful as an appendix, IMHO.

You'll Probably be shocked to know that actually modern scientists and doctors, Finally can see that the appendix is useful in storing healthy bacteria that the body needs in case of serious infections. Like a bunker of sorts.

While we're at it this rockefeller university study shows tonsils aren't useless either, they help stop harmful bacteria

*Dons Vulcan ears of logic*

So you actually complemented him :D

While I didn't always agree with Bran I respect him and hope he does well with his new job.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Isn't Adjunk..Adora... the former Hawk Dev at Riot too?

hmm.. Oh my God! The STO team moves to Riot. I need to make a thread about this.
    Please discuss everything in my new thread called:

"The end of everything, or, Monica Lewinsky: Hero or just someone you 'd drop your pants for?"
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What just occured to me was the following train of thought:

What would STO be like today when, back when it was up for sale by Atari, it would have been purchased by Riot Games rather than PWE.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eazzie wrote: »
    Can we keep the thread on topic please. Thank you :)

Everyone has the right to their own opinion (without breaking TOS rules).

Brandon was and IS still very much loved and missed by a large volume of STO. this thread to meant to celebrate his next big adventure and let him know that us here are thinking of him and wishing him all the best.

Dang, I was hoping this would be the new DOOOOOM Thread.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That's pretty cool. I care nothing for LoL or MOBAs as a whole, but I think it's awesome that he was able to move up to the big Leagues.
    Isn't Adjunk..Adora... the former Hawk Dev at Riot too?

hmm.. Oh my God! The STO team moves to Riot. I need to make a thread about this.
    Please discuss everything in my new thread called:

"The end of everything, or, Monica Lewinsky: Hero or just someone you 'd drop your pants for?"

Hawk plays LoL but he doesn't work there. He got a job at Trion as a systems designer for RIFT.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    umaeko wrote: »
    What just occured to me was the following train of thought:

What would STO be like today when, back when it was up for sale by Atari, it would have been purchased by Riot Games rather than PWE.

It would be the company's only game.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the anatomy lesson, Doctor. I stand corrected. Feeling witty, today I see. Completely unsurprising that the staunchest, most stalwart members of the CDF always equate difference of opinion, with "pointless rage".

"This guy disagrees with me! He's an infection!". Lighten up, Ace.

Are you seriously calling jonsills a staunch Cryptic defender?

Wow, you really need to remove your head from a particular TRIBBLE. And double-check your attitude, because it really is coming off as pointless rage.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *pops in, wishes the guy the best of luck in his new role, pops out again*
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the anatomy lesson, Doctor. I stand corrected. Feeling witty, today I see. Completely unsurprising that the staunchest, most stalwart members of the CDF always equate difference of opinion, with "pointless rage".

"This guy disagrees with me! He's an infection!". Lighten up, Ace.

What most of the branflakes fanboy fanclub dont take into consideration is that when something is called as worthless as an appendix it is a metaphor for something being well worthless.

But the branflakes fanclub is so clear to take a clear metaphor and turn it into a they are right you are wrong poke thier fingers in thier ears and start LALALALALA THEY ARE RIGHT YOUR WRONG LALALALA ...well you get the bigger picture.

I for one did not like branflakes as CM here and am personally glad he is gone good riddance to bad rubbish...oh and fanboys do tell how rubbish is so valuable :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shevet wrote: »
    *pops in, wishes the guy the best of luck in his new role, pops out again*
    As will I, if only to skew the oh-so-important metrics in his favor. :P

Edit: Unless, by 'in', you meant the game or its forums rather than this thread. I have nothing to do with LoL, and don't foresee a change to that in the near future.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Are you seriously calling jonsills a staunch Cryptic defender?
    Lots of ragers do, when I try to point out logical flaws - to the point that I'm strongly tempted to make a private fleet with just my toons in it, and call it the Cryptic Defense Fleet. (Unfortunately, I can never seem to hang onto enough EC to bribe four people into helping me make a fleet they won't be part of...)

Should this ever happen, of course, that would mean changing the name of my supergroup in CO from "Union of Concerned Superheroes" to "Cryptic Defense Force". :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Lots of ragers do, when I try to point out logical flaws - to the point that I'm strongly tempted to make a private fleet with just my toons in it, and call it the Cryptic Defense Fleet. (Unfortunately, I can never seem to hang onto enough EC to bribe four people into helping me make a fleet they won't be part of...)

Should this ever happen, of course, that would mean changing the name of my supergroup in CO from "Union of Concerned Superheroes" to "Cryptic Defense Force". :)

I'll join...

I can probably browbeat starsword and takeshi into contributing alts to the formation effort, and we can bribe a 5th person if we add in my modest EC stash.

It'd be pretty funny. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I'll join...

I can probably browbeat starsword and takeshi into contributing alts to the formation effort, and we can bribe a 5th person if we add in my modest EC stash.

It'd be pretty funny. :D

Did someone offer a bribe? I have a character in Champions Online as well. :D
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

I'd volunteer for such a Fleet as well. I don't consider myself a Cryptic Defender, just a realist. But if someone is gonna tag me with the name I might as well do everything I can to live up to it. :D

And since such a fleet should be pure in its ambition and devoted to its cause, may I suggest a motto for the Fleet heraldry? Sure I lifted it from another game but in this case I think it fits nicely.
    Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Or in the case here, negativity. There is really no reason to be angry in return with these 'ragers' as they call themselves.

Pity them instead. I do.

To live a life without anything positive in it must be a dreary and bleak existence. I sometimes think about how sad their life must be. Always complaining and never ever being able to see the good in anything at all. Having no outlets for joy or laughter or any of the things which relieve stress and hopelessness(well, there is that one thing. But this is a family forum and describing it would violate the ToS. Besides being gross. Eeeewwww!) Living an entire existence centered upon constantly finding all the faults inherent in a not very good video game, along with Cheetos and Diet Dew.

I sometimes wonder what their lives must be like away from the basement computer room which is too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer. Are they the designated punching bag at their minimum wage job as assistant french fry cook(Probationary) at a fast food outlet? Does their Boss stay awake at night thinking of new and interesting ways to make their already bad life worse? Has their high school football team taken an active dislike of them to the point where a wedgie is a daily, sometimes hourly occurrence? Do their parents despair out loud about their problem child ever finding a 'real job' with such a very limited skill set? Do any employers really need someone who can repeat the entire script of The Phantom Menace word for word?

Imagine never being able to play the game you wish STO was and not being able to comprehend why. Imagine being chronically and terminally unable to interact with the opposite sex the way 'normal guys' do and not being able to comprehend why. Imagine waking every single day and knowing that no matter what you do, there is the strong possibility your DNA is substandard enough to make attracting a mate for creating progeny a very problematic chance. Imagine knowing that no matter what you do, your girlfriends will always have staple holes in their belly buttons. Imagine being around people to whom your continued existence does not have the impact of a flea bite.

I find 'ragers' around here who lash out at anything and everything with the lightest of provocations amusing and sad at the same time. "There, but for the Grace of God, go I." I strongly suspect most of the time they do so primarily for the purpose of reminding the rest of us they are here. When so many of us so obviously prefer they were anywhere else.

I am happy Branflakes made it to the Big Leagues. The same as the OP. Whose intent was simply to inform this Community one of its own has done well after leaving. Those who have posted negative comments here did so in a flailingly desperate attempt to draw attention to themselves. Because they feel that if we do not pay attention to them, they will not matter.

They can never understand they do not matter anyways. Until they rid themselves of the negativity which stains their soul.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    His new job is managing LoL players?
    That poor, poor man.
This discussion has been closed.