What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"ah Hates Spock Cuz Of That Thar Obammuh Likes Im!"

Comments

• Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I missed one word....oh no. Now my point is invalidated. Attacking the inconsequential over delivering something of substance. I love how I am either a supporter of your position or the Devil and reviled. This is why politics are the way they are. :rolleyes:

You have selective memory, or selective reading. The incident with Cheney was in the news for more than just a week (Here is a sample article). It was ruled an accident. If it was Biden, the same would have occurred...it would have been ruled an accident.

Your partisanship isn't helpful.

I reiterate my statement. This is not even close to the worst Congress.

The 2nd Congress passed the Fugitive Slave Act of 1793

The 5th Congress passed the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798

The 31st Congress passed the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850

The 21st Congress passed the Indian Removal Act in 1830

The 65th Congress passed the Eighteenth Amendment aka. Prohibition, the Espionage Act of 1917, and the Selective Service Act, and entered World War I.

The 77th Congress passed Public Law 503, putting into law President Franklin Roosevelt’s Executive Order 9066 authorizing the internment of Japanese, German, and Italian Americans in 1942. (Put into perspective: George Takei's family was affected by this.)

There are others, but these came to mind.

I think we elect these people to keep them out of our neighborhoods. :P

Those acts are the products of their own culture and society of that specific time. You cannot judge what our ancestors did based own our modern standards because all previous acts would be wrong in some accord.

What I am referring to is how our Modern Congress refuses to pass any law that is supported by the President. It was a wonder that the Affordable Care Act passed. It is to the point that the GOP is even starting to fight among themselves.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    Don't know much about the Three Mile Island event,

Near as I can tell the event has kind of been blown out of proportion.
    and who in their right mind would build a Nuclear Power Plant right in the centre of earthquake country?

To be fair from what I understand it was actually the typhoon caused by the earthquake that caused the reactor problems not the earthquake itself.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hartzilla, better edit that quick...I think you meant tsunami.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Near as I can tell the event has kind of been blown out of proportion.

To be fair from what I understand it was actually the typhoon caused by the earthquake that caused the reactor problems not the earthquake itself.

What is even worse is how the Japanese are coming to a standstill on how to clean up the affected areas to the point where they are contradicting themselves in order save face.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    Those acts are the products of their own culture and society of that specific time. You cannot judge what our ancestors did based own our modern standards because all previous acts would be wrong in some accord.

What I am referring to is how our Modern Congress refuses to pass any law that is supported by the President. It was a wonder that the Affordable Care Act passed. It is to the point that the GOP is even starting to fight among themselves.

Because much of what Obama tries to pass only is there to fulfill a liberal agenda, not for the betterment of America.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Because much of what Obama tries to pass only is there to fulfill a liberal agenda, not for the betterment of America.

Name one and explain on how it betters the liberal agenda.
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2015

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AQRZ4P7Q-o8/UNygrZspyQI/AAAAAAAADU0/YrFU2FwDAEg/s1600/Project1.png

Gotta be fun inside of that conservative head of your's. Looking at liberals as if they're a cartoon organization of evil like COBRA (hey! At least that means we have The Baroness! Giggity!).
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Name one and explain on how it betters the liberal agenda.

You got the biggest one in everyone's face right now, Obamacare. If you cannot see that, I cannot help you.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You got the biggest one in everyone's face right now, Obamacare. If you cannot see that, I cannot help you.

Helping the working poor get health coverage that they can afford.

OMG why didn't I notice it before? Obama really is History's Greatest Monster!!
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2015

LOL, universal healthcare...like every other industrialized nation on this planet? How dare he make sure nobody has to sell his house to afford treatment if he gets sick.
    It is not a "liberal agenda"...it is called keeping up with the rest of the civilized world.

But consider this, the affordable care act is actually based on a republican proposal made during the clinton administration as a counter plan to hillary's healthcare program which failed to pass legislation.
    So it is actually a GOP brainchild.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Yeah how dare we not discriminate against TRIBBLE people, not waste police time going after people for smoking pot, make healthcare more accessible, kill Bin Laden, try to fix a messed up economy, decrease unemployment, provide money to funds for the education of people with disabilities, and ect. :rolleyes:

Really theres more stuff here

http://whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/

My god its some kind of dystopian nightmare :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Helping the working poor get health coverage that they can afford.

OMG why didn't I notice it before? Obama really is History's Greatest Monster!!

Are you even on Obamacare? If not, you have no idea what you speak of. There is nothing affordable about it. I should know, we've been forced to go on it, and it's just as if not more expensive than most insurance we've held over the years.

When families are complaining about deductibles alone being in the thousands, there is a problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Again, how is that betters the liberal agenda?

I will help you out. Look at my home state of Minnesota, the bastion of the Liberal Agenda. We have raised taxes, expanded social programs, and apparently are taking the poor of Chicago within our realms and yet we have boasted low unemployment, budget surplus, have some of the best infrastructure in the US, rank nearly on the top of nearly categories for job growth, education and health services, GDP, total wages and salaries, and so on.

If you look at Wisconsin, the state I grew up in, is the business-friendly state where they are repealing and taking away labor union rights, making it difficult to get on any social programs, and it the bastion of GOP, yet the state is nearly at the bottom in the categories mentioned above, only the Deep South states are farther down the list.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Actually it was the Healthcare reform idea Republicans floated about back in the 90s, and generally what Mitt Romney put into effect in Massachusetts back when he was the governor.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Actually it was the Healthcare reform idea Republicans floated about back in the 90s, and generally what Mitt Romney put into effect in Massachusetts back when he was the governor.

I think you won't catch a neocon ****** like ashkrik23 with facts and logic...in his bubble of ignorance, those are the devil's work.

He probably knows as much about universal healthcare as Ken Ham knowns about evolution and is as ignorant about it.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    baudl wrote: »
    I think you won't catch a neocon ****** like ashkrik23 with facts and logic...in his bubble of ignorance, those are the devil's work.

He probably knows as much about universal healthcare as Ken Ham knowns about evolution and is as ignorant about it.

There's the liberal rage I love so much to see. Unable to have a discussion without trying to insult others? Keep up the great work. I've got my popcorn ready.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    There's the liberal rage I love so much to see. Unable to have a discussion without trying to insult others? Keep up the great work. I've got my popcorn ready.

Yeah. I'm sure you prefer your "liberals" to be docile wussies who don't fight back and can be easily demolished like those that you see on Fox "News".
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm sure you prefer your "liberals" to be docile wussies who don't fight back and can be easily demolished like those that you see on Fox "News".

Both sides can give up strong debates without acting like a spoiled child. This is what our friend is doing here.
    It does not help his side.
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Then by that measure President Obama should steer clear of commenting on the crusades. :P

Both parties were at it.

This is what happens when you have a president and a congress from different parties, who are anchored by opposing ideologies, and who share no common ground. This isn't new or surprising.

No one wants to compromise. If people want action something will have to give. It isn't rocket science.

Also, this thread is pure flamebait, and has devolved into pure flaming drivel.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Both sides can give up strong debates without acting like a spoiled child. This is what our friend is doing here.
    It does not help his side.

dude, everything you wrote so far in this thread was utter bull****, and completely unfactual opinions that were fed to you. Why don't you pick up a book about universal healthcare in other countries or atleast some articles on the topic and educate yourself on the topic before embarrasing yourself with your ignorance.
    There is no need to have an educated conversation when the other site is totaly illiturate on the topic and is even proud about his ignorance.
    And the last thing I'd respect are ignorant fools.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    just because a Republican proposed it, doesn't make it a good idea. My parents lost much of their healthcare coverage as a direct result of the law you're touting as providing "Universal" healthcare.

as in gone, as in having to go to Humana and as a direct result, getting inferior care to the policy they'd had since before my mom retired from the paper mill.

Let's not forget about all of the small businesses who are about to lose everything because of Obamacare's ridiculous rules and regulations.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My own company coverage was reduced, because they were going to be hit with a crushing tax penalty for being too good to their people in what they provided. O_O

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    My own company coverage was reduced, because they were going to be hit with a crushing tax penalty for being too good to their people in what they provided. O_O

Shame on your company for being too good! GET ON THAT HEALTHCARE WEBSITE RIGHT NOW!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    just because a Republican proposed it, doesn't make it a good idea. My parents lost much of their healthcare coverage as a direct result of the law you're touting as providing "Universal" healthcare.

as in gone, as in having to go to Humana and as a direct result, getting inferior care to the policy they'd had since before my mom retired from the paper mill.

nice anectode...totaly dismantles the need for universal healthcare. **** statistics if we have storys like this one.
    On the subject: Affordable care act is not a good system anyway in my opinion. Not to the fault of Obama, the compromizes that were made to please the GOP are crippling the system. They should have based the program on a functional system from France, Netherlands or Germany and not cook up their own soup.
    Looking at the bigger picture, Obama actually lost to the GOP in terms of providing an actual universal healthcare package.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Shame on your company for being too good! GET ON THAT HEALTHCARE WEBSITE RIGHT NOW!

Thankfully we did not lose coverage with our current carrier altogether, but we were shunted onto a plan with reduced benefits because of the threat of the "Cadillac Tax." :-/

• Options
    edited March 2015
    We don't even have a union. Our company was just trying to do the responsible and right thing on its own. One would think such behavior should be encouraged. :-/

This discussion has been closed.