test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login Server Issues March 3rd, 2015

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Thank you for the reports everyone. We're currently investigating the login in issues & hope to have an ETA for you in the next few minutes.

Hang in there while we investigate this issue.

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I was on the server and it wouldn't let me pick up a ship from the C-Store for "unspecified reason", when I tried to switch toons BAM!
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    same here :( > Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out <
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    During a zen purchase for me. :confused:
  • Options
    casperdudesdcasperdudesd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the account server is down looks like the tribble has died! hurry and replace the tribble on the hamster wheel!
  • Options
    phaser69phaser69 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yup i get account ticket login failure...
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    DPS went so high the server couldn't cope.
    Yes, people pewpewed the game to death.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cyrptic engineer " Get back to the wheel hamster! Hamster? Are you there? Darnit were'd he go?"

Lights go out in server room... lights come back on moment later... engineer is ducttaped to the ceiling with 5 hamsters looking at up him

Hamster" Tom,, are you drunk again?"

Tom " Hicc---up"
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Meanwhile, to some music that makes us grooveyyyyy

http://youtu.be/uvfHTj3BBbw
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why do you PEOPLE keep ignoring those of us who have been, for some time now, continuously saying "address the stability issues / bugs before adding new content" despite knowing and openly acknowledging our concerns are valid? Is it so much to ask to make sure the God damned server can actually TAKE a change in the game - RELIABLY - BEFORE adding MASSIVE new content?!!? I am very afraid of what will happen once you try to add this sector space revamp. We are heading very quickly toward a point where you have NO CHOICE but to stabilize the game, because it won't be working AT ALL. That day is coming VERY SOON. Then, your customer count and profits will drop to ZE-RO.
  • Options
    pbower73pbower73 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am glad that this is not just me.. I followed the troubleshooting steps and changed my password and everything.. Good thing step two was check the forums.
  • Options
    auckaaucka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The people who work on server stability and fixing bugs aren't the same people who work on new content, and their jobs aren't interchangeable.
  • Options
    lunar1974lunar1974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So about that update? Sometime in the next "few" minutes?
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sylkrode wrote: »
    Why do you PEOPLE keep ignoring those of us who have been, for some time now, continuously saying "address the stability issues / bugs before adding new content" despite knowing and openly acknowledging our concerns are valid? Is it so much to ask to make sure the God damned server can actually TAKE a change in the game - RELIABLY - BEFORE adding MASSIVE new content?!!? I am very afraid of what will happen once you try to add this sector space revamp. We are heading very quickly toward a point where you have NO CHOICE but to stabilize the game, because it won't be working AT ALL. That day is coming VERY SOON.

CAPITALIZING random WORDS doesn't MAKE your POINT more VALID.
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't care who's job is what. FIX THE DAMNED GAME BEFORE IT COLLAPSES.
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cyrptic engineer " Get back to the wheel hamster! Hamster? Are you there? Darnit were'd he go?"

Lights go out in server room... lights come back on moment later... engineer is ducttaped to the ceiling with 5 hamsters looking at up him

Hamster" Tom,, are you drunk again?"

Tom " Hicc---up"

" This Is Funny " lol
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And here I was, playing two hours ago, wondering why CCA kept insta-failing (no Tholians, no CC appearing).

So much downtime by PWE... (sigh)
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The hampsters couldn't take it after the found out about Mr. Nimoy
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Whatever has been kidnapping the Crystalline Entity must have started coming after the login server... I bet it's like Tron and there's some fierce battle going on in the code and since they nerfed plasma doping the T6 Tron ships are losing... :D
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why do you PEOPLE keep ignoring those of us who have been, for some time now, continuously saying "address the stability issues / bugs before adding new content" despite knowing and openly acknowledging our concerns are valid? Is it so much to ask to make sure the God damned server can actually TAKE a change in the game - RELIABLY - BEFORE adding MASSIVE new content?!!? I am very afraid of what will happen once you try to add this sector space revamp. We are heading very quickly toward a point where you have NO CHOICE but to stabilize the game, because it won't be working AT ALL. That day is coming VERY SOON. Then, your customer count and profits will drop to ZE-RO.

I have a question, could you please please use the Enter button more often?
    My problem is, I have Felczer's desease and so I cant concentrate while reading text walls.

And I am really interested about what you wrote. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't care who's job is what. FIX THE DAMNED GAME BEFORE IT COLLAPSES.

You would care a whole lot if they had a 3d artist or level designer messing around with the network code. The game would probably never work again.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2015

True, and it will as we can expect Elders Scrolls Online to become F2P this month, upcoming massive game as Skyforges (mixture of Star Trek/Star Wars with NWN elements), Dreadnought Online (massive fleet pvp's) and so on. With other words, if Cryptic doesn't pick up the pace concerning their server issues and bugs, it will be "Game Over" for them.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    lunar1974lunar1974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are the server hamsters suffering from anal glaucoma?
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I need a beer.

• Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh wonderful and wisest Tribble Jim, hear our supplication!

(Continues to breath fumes)

The server which thou powered through your great wisdom has died. He's dead, Jim!

Jim? Jim? He's dead!!!!!

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can't login. I thought it was just me. Oh well. Guess I'll lurk here for a bit. Should be fun.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    noshuffle wrote: »
    True, and it will as we can expect Elders Scrolls Online to become F2P this month, upcoming massive game as Skyforges (mixture of Star Trek/Star Wars with NWN elements), Dreadnought Online (massive fleet pvp's) and so on. With other words, if Cryptic doesn't pick up the pace concerning their server issues and bugs, it will be "Game Over" for them.

LOL. Every time a new MMO comes out, it is "game over" for whatever game someone is angry about but still keeps playing anyway. Star Wars Galaxies was "shutting down next Tuesday" for the entirety of it's existence. Seriously. That post happened every single week for the whole time the game was online. I guess eventually they were right, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lunar1974 wrote: »
    Are the server hamsters suffering from anal glaucoma?

I give you 2 points :D
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the official post.

/subscribed, waiting to get a solution to the "Account Ticket Failure" I'm getting when trying to log on.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
This discussion has been closed.