test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yay - another money grab around the corner

vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
How nice of you Cryptic, after everyone's full of the old bug you just ditch it down the drain and bring out a new one. No, of course you couldn't just let people pay to upgrade their old one. You're gonna ask for the full gamble money a second time..................

Can we expect this rudeness for all "old" lockbox ships? You know people would really love to dish out another fortune on T6 Timeships and so on...................

Quoted for truth:
zulisvel wrote: »
Hey Cryptic, remember when Tier 6 was first announced and you said you'd "take care of us?" Or how shortly afterwards you ran the R&D promo with the Jem'Hada Attack Ship and when we complained about promoting a Tier 5 ship when Tier 6 was coming you said the Attack Ship would be upgradable to Tier 6 capabilities?

Well as an Jem'Hadar Attack Ship owner I am not feeling taken care of at the moment, at all.

Here's the news in case you didn't get it.

And here's what now turns out to be a lie from a few month back:
Post edited by vocmcp on

Comments

• Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ... and now? :confused:
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Our own faults for playing there game.

Anyone still playing this thing deserves this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They won't get a dime from me.

But I'm sure they will from the wider player base. They're the ones to blame for this because they purchase the keys and the boxes.

If they didn't sell, they'd stop doing them (much like they stopped doing ship bridges).

So blame the players. They're the ones who decided that non-cannon, non-faction OP ships given away lottery style are the bee's knees. Them and no one else.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So blame the players. They're the ones who decided that non-cannon, non-faction OP ships given away lottery style are the bee's knees. Them and no one else.

What have cannons to do with the lottery? ;D
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Meh ... they might have gotten me with another DOFF Promo ... but R&D Packs, no thank you ... they could as well promote burning turds, as far as I am concerned ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    What have cannons to do with the lottery? ;D

Beats me. That extra 'n' always sneaks in there for some reason.

:)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »
    How nice of you Cryptic, after everyone's full of the old bug you just ditch it down the drain and bring out a new one. No, of course you couldn't just let people pay to upgrade their old one. You're gonna ask for the full gamble money a second time..................

Can we expect this rudeness for all "old" lockbox ships? You know people would really love to dish out another fortune on T6 Timeships and so on...................

It helps to tell what you're talking about. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Blade: We're not exactly the march of dimes here....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    While players will dump ridiculous amounts of EC, Dil, and Zen into their latest OP toy, I'll look to make some EC elsewhere.
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't need it.

Don't want it.

Not going to even try.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Blade: We're not exactly the march of dimes here....

Blade: you better wake up. The world you live in is just a sugar-coated topping. There is another world beneath it: the real world. And if you wanna survive it, you better learn how to work the lock box system!!!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ummmmmm.....

Much as I'm one to go on a tirade about power creep, treadmills, and P2W, (particularly with the advent of DR) the term 'duh' comes to mind. I'm disappointed in them that they'd do this and not try and come up with something genuinely new, but not even kinda-sorta-slightly surprised.
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Never quite understood the constant crying 'MONEY GRAB'
    whenever they bring out any new ship that's remotely like the old one everyone screams MONEY GRAB!
    So by this logic, whenever a car company brings out a newer model car, do you guys scream MONEY GRAB! when you see the commercial?

just don't buy it. Keep your T5U Bug.
    No, of course you couldn't just let people pay to upgrade their old one.

If they did that, I'm sure you would scream 'MONEY GRAB! this should have been free to begin with!'

Or if they offered the old bug in the promo, I'm sure people would just say ' Why offer that obsolete ship?'

@reginamala78
    Yeah, something new would have been nice.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And you're surprised because..?

This is what they DO.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Might buy it off the exchange after a few cycles of the promo. Might buy a couple R&D packs tho...running kind of low on some of those mats for my main crafter.... But yeah...not gonna put too much effort into it.

People actually buy those ... wow ...
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I still have the original one in a reward box in my inventory. Haven't cracked that one open, doubt I'll worry too much about the new one.
  • Options
    gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's an interesting idea, but the current Attack Ship is still pretty sweet. If I decide to punch a few bucks into some packs for the materials and end up with one, cool, but if not my Attack Ship is still sitting there waiting for me, and it will be weapon equipped again once I'm finished getting my new weapons made and upgraded for my Vastam.
  • Options
    baconmaesterbaconmaester Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    People actually buy those ... wow ...

There are times I wonder if the nerf to the Queues when DR launched werent just to drive players into the DQ but to set the stage for those RD Packs and give them a boost in use.

Some people will purchase one or two, some will never purchase any but there are others that might turn to it and begin to use it whenever they need something. And thats the people these R&D packs are oriented towards. They just need to get a taste before it becomes a habit.
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Time to sell some lockbox keys!
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    Time to sell some lockbox keys!

Context ?????
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can we expect this rudeness for all "old" lockbox ships?

Seems like it , but there is always a "first time" -- and this is it .

In a way it completes a circle of sorts , as the Bug was the first Lockbox ship .
    In a way that was a crossroad of sorts as well , because the road not traveled would have had us not buying into the first Lockbox .
    But many of us did , and the rest is history .

Thus in a way , this is a crossroad as well ... , this time for T6 Lockbox ships .

... don't worry , you can guess what'll happen by yourself ...
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Context ?????

He means, Sell keys so he can afford a bugship on the exchange later. at least that's my assumption.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are times I wonder if the nerf to the Queues when DR launched werent just to drive players into the DQ but to set the stage for those RD Packs and give them a boost in use.

Some people will purchase one or two, some will never purchase any but there are others that might turn to it and begin to use it whenever they need something. And thats the people these R&D packs are oriented towards. They just need to get a taste before it becomes a habit.
    R&D Boxes (Lockbox mini-packs included) are also the only way to get the Research or Tech Boosters for upgrading, IIRC.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rimmarie wrote: »
    Never quite understood the constant crying 'MONEY GRAB'
    whenever they bring out any new ship that's remotely like the old one everyone screams MONEY GRAB!
    So by this logic, whenever a car company brings out a newer model car, do you guys scream MONEY GRAB! when you see the commercial?

Gotta love how people keep throwing around comparisons of things that aren't even remotely comparable. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    And you're surprised because..?

This is what they DO.

Pretty much.

All throughout the expansions, seasons, Power Creep marches on.

Also on top of that, at no time in the history of STO, from Tier 1 thru the new Tier 6, through all the expansions and seasons, were you able to take a lower tiered ship and "upgrade it" to a new, higher tier. Every tier you went up was a whole different ship purchase.

And a big LOL to the JHAS guys who really thought they were going to get a free T6 upgrade (no, not just T5U) for their bug! Esp when this is coming from veteran players!

Did people really think Cryptic was going to make you be able to take a T5 ship to T6? That's comedy right there.

Oh! I just received a message!

To: JHAS Users
    Subj: Free T6 Bugship Upgrade!

XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes indeed why on Earth would us bug ship owners ever think that it would get a free upgrade?

Er, how about because that's what we were promised which then turned out to be an absolute lie with a quick blog change to boot! Fortunately some people were astute enough to take screen grabs.

http://i.imgur.com/tsT6fGb.png

Exactly that is what ran on there homepage right up until there Last Cash grab promo on that ship ended.

Slimy company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow.... cryptic, if you weren't selling products over the internet in the guise of "not gambling", you'd have a class action lawsuit on your hands of hilariously epic proportions. A+ on being slime balls as usual when it comes to how deep your want your hands in peoples pockets. You could at least be polite and offer a lil tug while you're down there.

Also, at the very least, this joke can return to light for the 7 people still thinking pvp in this game will get better cuz Bort fixed IT and Neuts.
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    to be honest im not surprised at all ,i saw this coming after the release of the pathfinder which is a T6 long range science vessel . As pretty as her design is .
    And most likely every popular lockbox and Z-Store ship will be on the list to get this treatment eventually . im just glad i never bought a bug , and I feel for those that have them on the exchange.
This discussion has been closed.