Install Arc

Question to Geko

2»

Comments

• amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, the point is moot now for me, as far as XP is concerned, as I just completed the last 5 points in Commando this weekend. And I don't even do ground, LOL.

So, next Spec tree, please! :)

"And when Kira saw the breadth of her domain, she wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    I knew that people would complain that it's too much dil for them. I just knew it lol.
    Of course they knew how much dilithium patrol missions give now they have put them there.
    But by all means complain more that its too much lol.

If you read patch notes it clearly says that not all patrols give the same dil/xp

I saw the patch notes stating that patrols would reward XP/dilithium based on intended/expected duration and I am by no means complaining they are rewarding too much, it's more that I am concerned that we might see a repeat of the entire Tau Dewa patrol exploit situation...

Japori, for example, is rewarding MORE Spec Points and Dilithium upon completion than Argala, yet I am able to destroy all 5 waves in roughly the same time it would take me to destroy the first 2 in Argala...

Given that Argala rewards were also cut in half, it raises the concern of whether Tau Dewa is once again 'over rewarding' and a request for clarification is warranted before it's declared an exploit...
    I guess the devs weren't kidding about "rewards based on time spent"

I've noticed patrols on the DQ seem to vary from 3k exp and 360 dil to 6k exp and 720 dil, usually with the longer more complicated patrols rewarding more than the shorter ones

still don't understand why argala rewards so little by comparison...seems to me its no different for a typical tau dewa :confused:

Yep, this is exactly what I don't understand either... Not to mention, destroying 5 waves in Japori barely took me all that much longer than skipping through the dialogue in Acamar - and only because I've done it often enough, and have high enough Diplomacy, I did not need to think about my responses for the 'easiest' outcome, else it would have taken longer still...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Given that Argala rewards were also cut in half, it raises the concern of whether Tau Dewa is once again 'over rewarding' and a request for clarification is warranted before it's declared an exploit..
    Given the lack of response so far, and the expectation that no response will be forthcoming until at least after the anniversary event ends, it's a good time to ask if you think they'll be retroactively punishing players they declare as exploiting.

Given that the relative lackluster nature of the XP buff leaves me further disinterested in leveling alts, negating any interest I had in leveling the alts even to 50, it may be worthwhile to me to spend the bonus XP weekend running a handful of patrols per day with my main, while doing any particle scanning on my alts (most of which still need the Samsar).
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Now, I know it's XP Weekend, so I get the high XP. But is the Dilithium reward right? I rather ask, then face being called an exploiter again, later on.

And the answer is finally in.

Good News: We are not being called out as exploiters.

Bad News: The Metrics™ have been analyzed. The results displease them.

Solution: NERF BAT
    All Delta Quadrant and Tau Dewa Sector Patrol systems reward 480 Dilithium for completion.

Result: Players given the Planned Execution-Numerically Indicated Solution
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And the answer is finally in.

Good News: We are not being called out as exploiters.

Bad News: The Metrics™ have been analyzed. The results displease them.

Solution: NERF BAT

Yup. Alas, Tau Dewa arimasen. ;P (Few there be who will actually get this little pun, but still, LOL).
    3lsZz0w.jpg