test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Incoming Argala Nerf. Enjoy the grind!!!

welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
On Tribble:

3100 xp for completion instead of the 5000

Thanks, Geko!

In all fairness, they are adding Dil to other aspects, but we are still WAY behind on normalizing the xp payout that was promised for doffing and other missions. Instead of bringing Arugala down (salad), why not bring the others up?

In any case,

开始磨农民!

PS - I heard rumors of adding a 1hr CD to that as well. If so, I think I may have created the Zephram Cochrane Facepalm Drive.
T93uSC8.jpg
Post edited by welcome2earf on

Comments

• Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    On Tribble:

Thanks, Geko!

In all fairness, they are adding Dil to other aspects, but we are still WAY behind on normalizing the xp payout that was promised for doffing and other missions. Instead of bringing Arugala down (salad), why not bring the others up?

In any case,

开始磨农民!

PS - I heard rumors of adding a 1hr CD to that as well. If so, I think I may have created the Zephram Cochrane Facepalm Drive.

lol....

i wish these guys would actually play the game once in a while.....

#walletShut
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A great migration then, what would be next in line XP payout wise I wonder?
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There will likely be a cooldown as well.

I know where I'll be headed this Thursday. Shh it's a secret.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Surely they are buffing something as well to make up for it...I remember quite clearly - level progression will be the same as before (or it's a bug)... /sarcasm.

In all seriousness - I gave up on multiple spec trees some time ago. I've only barely gotten Intel half filled, let alone anything else. Forget about any of my alts.

Also, to add to the fun, some of my alts have a few of their paltry number of spec points earned invested in Intel, when their playstyle would be better suited to Command.

Been four months now, I'm guessing spec point progression is working entirely as intended.

Barely ground Argala before. Certainly won't now.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is anything else being boosted besides the non-Argala patrols? I am assuming not, but I want to get it on the record.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good thing Homeworld releases at 25th.

The Star trek mod back then was great fun.

remember?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMpZ7cLtlUM

Like Armada 3 for Sins of a solar empire, modders produce better products than this company.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Is anything else being boosted besides the non-Argala patrols? I am assuming not, but I want to get it on the record.

Don't hold your breath. We've been waiting months for a fix to the two key issues killing this game since Delta Rising - exp payout and Advanced queue optionals/difficulty - and its become another one of those subjects Cryptic have ignored long enough now that they are confident they got away with it.

Remember that poll Smirk set up a while ago asking for feedback on queue pop rate? What results did we get from that? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »

Yes, the battlezones are getting token exp added to them. No one is able to test the stfs but it's possible they are getting some added as well.

The problem is that these are token amounts compared to 10,000 for 5 min.

I am not an argala grinder. Most of my 5 characters have most of their exp through doffing. When that is removed along with argala people will be dead in the water. So I recommend getting what you want now.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited February 2015
    carlosbfly wrote: »

Remember that poll Smirk set up a while ago asking for feedback on queue pop rate? What results did we get from that? :rolleyes:

They made bug hunt and nukara transdimensions harder as they had too many successful completions.

• Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In all seriousness - I gave up on multiple spec trees some time ago. I've only barely gotten Intel half filled, let alone anything else. Forget about any of my alts.

Grinder!

I think one of my characters has maybe six spec points. Then I did the maths and thought: Nope.
  • Options
    gameleechgameleech Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Too much takeaway and not enough given back I say. More nerfs :coughcough: balance, in this game than every other MMO I have ever played... combined... in the last year even! If you want to stifle the players then halve all the dang rewards everywhere but at very least remove the annoying cooldowns, fail conditions, constant shifting difficultys and just let us have fun for pete's sake. You remember fun, Cryptic? We had finally reached it after the game being called mediocre by the industry and players alike. All you had to do was add on to the established content, not try to reinvent the wheel being a neanderthal.

RED ALERT : incoming apoligists in 10, 9 , 8 ....: SHIELDS UP!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    On Tribble:

Thanks, Geko!

In any case,

开始磨农民!

Just in time for the Bonus Xp weekend as well.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Any token amount of XP they add to the battlezones will be negligible as ground XP pays for ****e.

In the end, any XP they add will NEVER compensate for the upcoming nerf to Arugala. I know there's talk about normalizing XP payouts, but if you look at the person saying that, suffice it to say I am skeptical of it EVER being to the players' advantage.

Well, back to "Playing as Intended". I swear, why doesn't Cryptic just log in for me if they have a particular way I'm "expected" to play?

EDIT: Why was this buried to Tribble Discussion? This is important to the general populace and more befitting for General Discussion. Yeah yeah, don't discuss moderation.

/self reported
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope that this is just a bug, and that the ones in charge are really not that incompetent. If this is for real, they are not thinking things through again.

With so much that can be done to fix a lot of problems with the game since DR, they seem to be looking in the other direction (or pretending that it is all sunshine and rainbows). This makes other developers, working on STO, that take pride in the work they do look bad. I do feel sorry for those developers. They get a lot of flack for the decisions of clueless people in charge.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Basically, at this point, game development is being run by the suits who view the players as a revenue stream and a nebulous set of game metrics as the ultimate truth. This is an aproach guaranteed to suck the joy out of any game and turn it into a grey, lifeless grind that does nothing but take up our time and money to fill blanks in their spreadsheets.

These are the guys that are all about the bottom line and have probably never seen the inside of an MMO let alone taken the time to understand what attracts and motivates their player base.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow as if Argala and the xp grind didn't suck enough. My original estimate for when I'd finish my Spec trees was the year 2020. Guess I need to revise that. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    So the battle zones are apparently being buffed. Well lets see what they each have to offer.

Defera : Bugged up to the Wazoo. (City hard) it bugs and resets, meaning going on a hunt to find one that doesnt. Worst I've had is 12 attempts over 4 instances, but there's supposedly a fix on tribble, (Power plant Hard) the Elite tac drone will often bug, meaning several attempts at trying to complete the mission and then there's the stray drone that still gets stuck behind the invisible wall by the probe.

Undine : So much lag present that its practically unplayable.

Voth : Groups of players just standing around waiting to tag the dinos and not doing much else

Kobali : I'll reserve judgement on this, basically because I've not spent a lot of time there, nor do I particularly want to.

In a recent P1 podcast Mr Geko did state that it wasn't their intent for people to be running Argala patrols back to back. Erm... well here's the thing Al, when you hack through the XP from every where else, what do you expect? As for people running Argala, thats simple, bring the XP rewards from every where else back up to match it. Because the STF's actually have the chance for failure unlike Episode and patrol missions, these should be paying out more XP than any other content.

As for the 1hr imposed cool down you were/or have slapped on the patrol missions, that's just another cheap shot at your player base.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Good thing Homeworld releases at 25th.

Like Armada 3 for Sins of a solar empire, modders produce better products than this company.

1. Mothership - ONLINE. (holy TRIBBLE I can't wait for the Hi Res re-release)

2. Embrace the end! (Love playing advent...gotta try the mods)
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not going to talk about Argala, but I just have to say this, in relation to the situation of XP across the game, as of now - whatever you do, don't add more cool-downs to the game. There are way too many of them as it is. The fact, that especially end-game content, like STF's, and their higher than normal difficulties award so little XP AND have cooldowns, hinders the player progress so hard, that it dimnishes the desire to come and play the game - as that's what's currently discouraged by current system.

Before, STF's didn't need to reward any substential amount of XP, because there were no Specializations. But, given they were supposed to be the most challenging stuff the game offers; and there's also now the need to get XP for Specializations, these shouldn't award as little as they currently do. I can get more XP by playing story missions, which are a child's play or heck.. even by DOFFing. I netted 9k XP from criting some assignment repeatedly, and gain 2k regulary from certain Delta Quadrant doff missions as well; STF's give much less than that - especially the ground ones.

That being said - the solution is not to nerf everything else... unfortunately, the endgame concept is not working; at least my opinion. People should be encouraged to play, not to be outright punished for it, by cool-downs and rather dimnishing returns, in terms of XP rewards; especially if the content has failure mission possibility. (And no, there's nothing wrong with the failure possibility, the cooldowns and dimnishing returns, however, are.)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sqwished wrote: »
    In a recent P1 podcast Mr Geko did state that it wasn't their intent for people to be running Argala patrols back to back. Erm... well here's the thing Al, when you hack through the XP from every where else, what do you expect? As for people running Argala, thats simple, bring the XP rewards from every where else back up to match it. Because the STF's actually have the chance for failure unlike Episode and patrol missions, these should be paying out more XP than any other content.

As for the 1hr imposed cool down you were/or have slapped on the patrol missions, that's just another cheap shot at your player base.

I wonder what he expects you to do when the story content doesn't get you to 60. I started the DR missions with a level 55.5 toon and can't play the last story missions because I only got to 58.25. Logging in to DOFF seems to be the only reasonable way to earn XP, especially if they put a 1hr CD on the patrols. I guess thats what they want though, everyone to log on for 10 minutes then go play something else.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Normal Queue: 5,000 Completion XP
    Advanced Queue 10,000 Completion XP
    Elite Queue 15,000 Completion XP

Implement that and you'll actually see people playing all those dead, err reporting error, queues again and won't have any real rage when patrols are nerfed. Nerf the critter kill xp down some if you want inorder to balance the various queues and space and ground. The current XP rewards for doing queues is just insulting, hence why you have so many empty queue reporting errors.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    angrybobh wrote: »
    I wonder what he expects you to do when the story content doesn't get you to 60. I started the DR missions with a level 55.5 toon and can't play the last story missions because I only got to 58.25. Logging in to DOFF seems to be the only reasonable way to earn XP, especially if they put a 1hr CD on the patrols. I guess thats what they want though, everyone to log on for 10 minutes then go play something else.

Well I wouldn't be surprised if they hit doffing with the nerf bat again. Going from 50 to 60 on my main toon with the difficulty set to elite I ran into at least two level walls in the delta quadrant. My other 6 toons have been leveled solely through the duty officer system. And I sure as hell ain't grinding through spec points on them. With what I've got left to fill out on my main I would have had done over this next xp weekend. Last one I ground out around 500 Argala patrols. To get the basic points I wanted. I would have ground for more but the limit of 60 at the time meant it would have been wasted effort. So I switched and carried on levelling a toon in rift.

UPDATE : Specialization gained from completing Argala, 3159 (that's including the optional token, which I might add puts a cool down the Argala patrol) numbers work out as 1354 for actually completing the patrol and a further 1805 from collecting the token!

So forgive me for asking, but who the hell at cryptic thought this was a good idea?

• Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OMG...NOT again please.

What is this NERF version 200000000000000000000000000000000000000?

Come one new MR EP can you fix this? Ok to balance the game but who needs another NERF.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    john98837 wrote: »

Implement that and you'll actually see people playing all those dead, err reporting error, queues again and won't have any real rage when patrols are nerfed. Nerf the critter kill xp down some if you want inorder to balance the various queues and space and ground. The current XP rewards for doing queues is just insulting, hence why you have so many empty queue reporting errors.

you cant do xp that way it would only make the pug Q even worse than they are now

players not ready for advanced would crowd in from normal and failures would go to 95%

elite would suffer just as bad with advanced plasyers crowding into elite content worse than it is now

Normal 10000 xp purple X- XI loot 240 dil ,normal crafting mat

adv 7500 xp XII XIII purple loot 960 dil ,adv crafting mat

Elite 5000 xp large battery, hull hp type loot loot 1440 dil elite crafting mat ,a 10k xp box that can be sold

you want to reward elite players for doing elite content however you also want some to help out the advanced and normal Qs for XP

If you put the xp all in elite no one will help the new players out

the numbers I used anrt serious numbers just staged in such a way to convey the idea
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A 1hr CD on patrols?

:facepalm:
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    john98837 wrote: »

Sounds like an awesome idea. The other guy complaining about normal queues, as far as I see, those have less problems getting players into them. The advanced/elite ones are harder to get people into because of the fail conditions with 1 hour cooldowns attached to them.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We knew this was coming since Gecko said it would happen soon via P1 podcast, so not a stealth nerf in the normal sense. Stealth in the idea it is not in the patch notes, yes, but stealth as in never even announced to the player base ,no. It's not like the other nerfs that made their way on holodeck with no prior knowledge.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    We knew this was coming since Gecko said it would happen soon via P1 podcast, so not a stealth nerf in the normal sense.

Well that makes it ok then! Thanks for clearing that up.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    stuff about cooldowns

Cooldowns are needed to ensure players play different content rather than the most efficient content. If there weren't cooldowns, people would just be hitting Crystalline Catastrophe constantly, maybe with an Infected run to mix it up, and everyone knows that. There is so much to do at endgame that you will never be in a situation where everything you can queue for will be on a cooldown. I really don't see the issue there.

I think adding an hour cooldown on patrols is excessive (but apparently, you don't get that if you opt for marks instead of the XP token?), but I can't deny that it has the potential to funnel more players into the queues. Especially if they make good on their claim that they're going to buff up queue rewards. I can see the logic behind it, but still...seems excessive to me. That's coming from someone who hardly every plays the patrol, let alone grinds them. Grinding's dumb, y'all.
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cool downs are dumb. People should be able to play the game the way they want to. Also the spec points in other areas should have been raised not Argala lowered. Ahh well!! So now all players who haven't hit Argala up are kinda sucking air. Not to mention alts. You cannot play endgame without a full spec tree. Or at least feel like you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]