test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Latest patch notes released and no lag/Ui/Disconnection fixes mentioned

supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
So the latest patch notes are up, I'm a little concerned that not only is there no acknowledgment of the lag and rubber banding that has been posted around the forum, but also nothing mentioning the UI Lag that is driving me personally nuts. Not even mentioned in known issues.

The lag /rubber banding fortunately isn't effecting me that much, but the UI Lag is god dam frustrating and unforgiving particularly on ground maps.

Also no mention of the random disconnections that have also been reported on the forums.

Random disconnections maybe hard to pin down so i'll give some grace with that issue.

The Lag and UI need some major attention please.
Post edited by supergirl1611 on

Comments

• Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They must think they fixed the lag or delayed tray commands and disconnections(just got disconnected a minute ago, btw) because it's not a known issue in the patch notes. So best you can hope for is that it clears up after the anniversary event. My guess is that's what Cryptic is hoping for too, rather than bother fixing the problem.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This pretty much exemplifies some of the issues I've had with STO lately.

1: Not keeping us up to date on issues like the lagging, rubberbanding, disconnecting, and hangs on account authorization.

2: Not using the 'known issues' bit of info for patches for its intended purpose of informing the playerbase what the known issues actually consist of, thus encouraging us to be ultra-cynical and ultra-jaded regarding what they consider to be 'known issues'.

If Cryptic wants us to meet them half-way with knocking off the toxicity and cynicism, they could do themselves a huge favor and making sure the "Known Issues" part of their patch notes were actually a little more accurate, since I know for a fact they know of way more issues than what is listed.

They don't even need to fix the lagging and rubberbanding as fast as humanly possible. I'd rather they do it right the first time.

My problem is they should really improve communication with this sort of thing. But at this point I feel like a broken record. So I'm just going to call it a night.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    According to bug/technical section there seems to be also a quiet a noumber of players which experience random desktop crashes brought to them as 5 year anniversary gift right along with that patch.

I’m very glad they have tended to uniform options on the anniversary’s mission reward and make most certainly use of it in case I don’t crash at the tailor.

Someone once said “If you don’t pay for the App your not the customer you’re the product”. The way Cryptic and PWE deal with this title I slowly move from disappointment to understanding.

Quiet sad actually because less than 4 moth ago I would have recommended this game to everybody I know and today I would be embarrassed to do so.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    I don't think we will see any fix until the event is over because either something in the event is causing the lag

Or its the new icons upgrade

That's my thoughts
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am a bit upset about this as well.... it's almost as if they're not listening to us.

Cryptic: the game needs fixing!!! The amount of kicks I (and a big bunch of other people) have had from the server is just insane!
  • Options
    drbiteydrbitey Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So the latest patch notes are up, I'm a little concerned that not only is there no acknowledgment of the lag and rubber banding that has been posted around the forum, but also nothing mentioning the UI Lag that is driving me personally nuts. Not even mentioned in known issues.

The lag /rubber banding fortunately isn't effecting me that much, but the UI Lag is god dam frustrating and unforgiving particularly on ground maps.

Also no mention of the random disconnections that have also been reported on the forums.

Random disconnections maybe hard to pin down so i'll give some grace with that issue.

last i checked cannons were more powerful (by a lot) than beams on the show, this is no longer true due to a mix of crafted beams/doffs/traits/and fleet rep (embassy consoles) the last giving what 8 plasma procs per beam? not sure but a 2 tac console ship should be incapable of 80kdps, thats not playin fair at that point. and yes this is something not even mentioned as known issue even tho its more broken than anything else in the game (10000dps has 3 manned hse in record time using plasma doping and beam involved exploits) so it belongs here in stuff overlooked in current patch.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    drbitey wrote: »
    last i checked cannons were more powerful (by a lot) than beams on the show, this is no longer true due to a mix of crafted beams/doffs/traits/and fleet rep (embassy consoles) the last giving what 8 plasma procs per beam? not sure but a 2 tac console ship should be incapable of 80kdps, thats not playin fair at that point.

ummm have you commented it the right thread?

to the OP I'm finding the UI lag unbearable lately. Last night I had numerous instances of selecting a tray power only to see it go grey and then not latch.

Request torp spread, get one torp :rolleyes:

Also while levelling last night the general lag was almost rhythmical, with NPC's stopping regularly. Add in weapons that seem to stop firing at regular intervals. :mad:
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't have a huge problem with no UI Lag Fix in the patch.. if they were still working on it.

I understand that sometimes things take a while to fix and they don't make it into that weeks patch. The fact that the UI Lag isn't even mentioned in known issues though is the part that irks me.

What these patch notes tell me is that they're not even trying to fix it and that's ridiculous. Sometimes I have to click abilities 5-6 times just to get them to pop.. it's annoying as hell. Especially if you're trying to get that Engineering Team out or Polarizing your Hull to prevent you from dying. :mad:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    This pretty much exemplifies some of the issues I've had with STO lately.

1: Not keeping us up to date on issues like the lagging, rubberbanding, disconnecting, and hangs on account authorization.

2: Not using the 'known issues' bit of info for patches for its intended purpose of informing the playerbase what the known issues actually consist of, thus encouraging us to be ultra-cynical and ultra-jaded regarding what they consider to be 'known issues'.

If Cryptic wants us to meet them half-way with knocking off the toxicity and cynicism, they could do themselves a huge favor and making sure the "Known Issues" part of their patch notes were actually a little more accurate, since I know for a fact they know of way more issues than what is listed.

They don't even need to fix the lagging and rubberbanding as fast as humanly possible. I'd rather they do it right the first time.

My problem is they should really improve communication with this sort of thing. But at this point I feel like a broken record. So I'm just going to call it a night.

What's really sad is anymore when I read your posts, in my mind I am hearing the voice of Giorgio Tsoukalos and how he discusses aliens.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Regarding the known issues section of the patch notes, there's things still to appear from several years ago. There's also the major stuff that affected a lot of players such as the graphics/fps problems.

In short, if they included everything that was a known issue, that section of the patch notes itself would be several pages long.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    While I strongly agree that Cryptic ought to communicate better and make the acknowledgment of a literally game-breaking bug far clearer, I can at least tell you that not only do the devs know, but at least one of them has experienced a mass server disconnect. I was on last week while a dev was in zone chat and had a mass disconnect. Come to find out, the dev got DC'ed too and acknowledged it was a known problem. Which says nothing about a fix, but at least that is some small acknowledgment.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wouldnt be surprised about an announcement a la "its just a reporting bug". The bug (from certain ppl pov) is that ppl actually report this, instead of just living with it.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Regarding the known issues section of the patch notes, there's things still to appear from several years ago. There's also the major stuff that affected a lot of players such as the graphics/fps problems.

In short, if they included everything that was a known issue, that section of the patch notes itself would be several pages long.
    Fine. How about tray and movement lag that dramatically effects playability now maybe deserving a mention in known issues rather than some costume clipping or not being able to sit in a captain's chair? Or are my priorities unreasonable. Good grief!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Wouldnt be surprised about an announcement a la "its just a reporting bug". The bug (from certain ppl pov) is that ppl actually report this, instead of just living with it.

See my post above. While it should be acknowledged far more publicly, such as with a sticky post or forum announcement with regular updates, they do at least know the disconnect problem exists.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I understand that games need to be updated as problems occur. Updating based on current Technology requirements (such as consumers upgrading laptops, desktops), ect.

But what I don't understand is, it seems like maintenance fixes are taking longer. Example today, from start to finish, they are estimating 5 1/2 hours before we can play. In my opinion, this is unacceptable, especially for paid subscribers.

Besides paying for labor, utilities, New cluster servers/hardware upgrades need to be considered. That way maintenance delays are reduced, or they can update new servers while we play on backup servers until primary servers are ready to be reconnected to the community.

This should also be thought out for new players that could be potential paid subscribers. There's game players that I want to recommend. I don't want to send them to a game that looks cool, but can't play due to excessive maintenance times. Some people just don't have the patience for delays.

I honestly love this game, but i keep debating whether I'm gonna sign up for Life or just pay when things start becoming more stable.

Not to mention there are bugs that still exist and have been for over a year. For example, The city hard mission for Defera Invasion Zone. For something that should take no longer than 3-5 mins, it's taking more than 10 mins to complete.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Finding someone other than CogentCo that is more reliable would be another great step besides server-side stuff.

• Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Fine. How about tray and movement lag that dramatically effects playability now maybe deserving a mention in known issues rather than some costume clipping or not being able to sit in a captain's chair? Or are my priorities unreasonable. Good grief!

If you want to play that game, how about the major FPS/graphics problems meaning a lot of people with decent rigs can't run the game with half the effects turned on.

This has been such a long standing issue, it should be in the known issues section. Although it can be worked around by lowering the settings, the game looks TRIBBLE when you do that.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    LOL! So do I. :P

Praise the Lords of Kobal I am not the only one.

Even though, Giorgio Tsoukalos has some very valid points he raises, I suspect his hair keeps anyone from taking him too seriously.
    signature.png
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am a bit upset about this as well.... it's almost as if they're not listening to us.

Cryptic: the game needs fixing!!! The amount of kicks I (and a big bunch of other people) have had from the server is just insane!

Well if they're not gonna listen to their Beta testers then they're certainly not gonna listen to the rest of us... I mean, they do HAVE beta testers right? Right?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what lag/Ui/Disconnection issues? Nothing to see here move along!
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't help feeling that stuff which has been extensively bug-reported, and discussed in the forums, and where there has been dialogue with the devs who are working on these bugs and trying to fix them... well, these are clearly "known issues" and deserve a line of acknowledgment as such in the patch notes.

The absence of any reference to these issues makes it look as if management is "dealing" with the problem by ignoring it and hoping it will go away. That's, well, not a good look. And we know that's not what they're actually doing, because of the aforementioned dialogue with the devs. So, why not say as much?
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah i couldn't give a TRIBBLE about kobali uniform tweaks and i am sure most players don't either. not when the game in certain areas are unplayable. borg disconnected on advanced usually fails because by the time 7 of nine gets done running her yap you only have a minute or 2 to get the 15 resued borg otherwise mission auto fails why / and when you get into a map and none of your powers work or have a 6 or more second delayed response is unacceptable and i believe it has something to do with new power icons. thank you tho for addressing battle or kor because it is a fun map but please turn of auto fail for missing optional just make it so the more optionals you winn the more stuff you get
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I don't think the icons would affect the UI lag. A broken graphic and a response delay in activation are two entirely separate types of problems. If there were an icon issue, you would know it because you would not see anything at all or the image would be garbled. This is a different and more serious issue.

• Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everytime I go to sector space my BOFFs abandon ship. They leave their seatings and vanish. This is unacceptable that this issue is not being fixed after many weeks of updates.

UI lag is not completely fixed either, pushing buttons lag.

UNACCEPTABLE
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I have submitted no less than four seperate bug reports regarding the lag issue with the UI. I even showed what was going on in a video. To date I have only gotten the rubber stamp email telling me that they are aware of the issue and are working to correct it.

So yes they are aware of it, but the querstion is, is the person who can fix it aware of it? I think not or that it is on the list but down a bit from other issues.

I do hope they fix it soon. My poor mouse is about to die, and its only a month old. Damn Logitech POS products :(
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I do hope they fix it soon. My poor mouse is about to die, and its only a month old. Damn Logitech POS products :(

I am loving my Anker.
    http://www.ianker.com/product/98AN2000-BA
    signature.png
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cryptic needs to publish a "to-do list"
    no really... players feel like being ignored by the devs because reported issues never get fixed... not even a response

just a few examples:
    broken loadout system
    broken ui
    broken MSAA
    disconnects
    game crashes
    rubberbanding
    missing xp

the list certainly would be long but it would show the players that these issues are not being ignored and sooner or later a fix will arrive (hopefully).