test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

German STO forum down?

if i visit the German STO forum i just get a Database Error. Did something happen to the website?
Post edited by willamsheridan on

Comments

• kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2015
    Hey there,

yes the whole EU-sites are shut down since 11a.m. today (I´ve noticed it at this time).

Would be great if anyone can give us an information when it will be up again.

• darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It is down since early in the morning. I looked in at 6:00am MEZ and the forum page were empty

Later there were only a three month backup enabled. All postings scince November 2014 was gone. Now the page is empty again.

Still no information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    It seems the NW forum was down too.

There´s a post on FB, which says they´re working on it.

Here´s a link to the (german) NW discussion about the topic.

I´ve sent a PM to Nevandon & Captainsmirk as well asked on twitter - unfortunately without any response yet...
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe there were too many posts talking about the insane Rubberbanding and SnR we have here in Germany/Europe. So to get rid of them, they got rid of the forum (supposed to be sarcastic btw). I hope it will be back up soon
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The german Neverwinter forum ist back online, but its a three month old database backup. :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    Do you guys remember the debate about communication...??

That´s here is just another example.

The NW Mods posted it on FB in the morning - STO is not even responding to any request...either on FB on ARC nor anywhere else...
    edited February 2015
    Dear Mods, CM´s and crew.

I am sorry to say it is disappointing to get NO answer at all!

I´ve tried it on all the common ways (PM to CM, twitter, facebook) without even a kind of notice...

...pretty sad!
  • enniksenniks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Rubberbanding .............check, no change
    Button -Lags, Test Fleet-Tibble ,20 Seconds to get Mark .............check, no change
    another so called patch to fix this .............fail, no "maintenance"
    No information from german CM .............check, as always
    accessing German forum to get some´information from other players fail, no forum, no information page, nothing
    instead of this new advertising for another event on german FB page.............check, as always

Obviously there are no current backups (NWO forum just jumped back to Nov 2014, great job....).Cryptic, do you really want to loose the last remaining customers in Europe ? :( You are doing a great job to make this happen.

Please do something to bring the forum back online, tell Nevandon to give as some information an yeah btw: pls fix STO so we can play our beloved game. Since October things are getting worse, since end of January I can't play at all because of SNR, disconnects, Rubberbanding, non working buttonbars and random BOFF-Skills.
    Geben Sie jemanden einen Fisch und Sie ernähren ihn für einen Tag; 
    lehren Sie jemanden zu fischen und Sie verlieren einen verlässlichen Kunden.

• askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kartimoz2 wrote: »
    Dear Mods, CM´s and crew.

I am sorry to say it is disappointing to get NO answer at all!

I´ve tried it on all the common ways (PM to CM, twitter, facebook) without even a kind of notice...

...pretty sad!

Uh I work during the day at a job, and honestly I don't keep track of what goes on on the german forums so I have zip clue. It's also midnight here so no one from the CM team is at the PWE main offices here in California. So unfortunately, I have no information.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited February 2015
    askray wrote: »
    Uh I work during the day at a job, and honestly I don't keep track of what goes on on the german forums so I have zip clue. It's also midnight here so no one from the CM team is at the PWE main offices here in California. So unfortunately, I have no information.

Hey askray,

thanks a lot for your response!

As I can read in your sig you´re doing it voluntarily - in my opinion it´s not your task (or failure).
    I´ve sent the messages at about 9am California local time and if the CM´s would be reading their messages.....however...

Thank you!

The german FM Roddenberry (Link FB) told me last night, that the team did not identify the error/defect yet.

Just checked the site - still down....pretty interesting ;)
  • thunderbolt1961thunderbolt1961 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now we have been begging Germans in the English forum for information.
    This is more than just embarrassing.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe there were too many posts talking about the insane Rubberbanding and SnR we have here in Germany/Europe. So to get rid of them, they got rid of the forum (supposed to be sarcastic btw). I hope it will be back up soon

Funny I exactly had the same thought. :o
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • woufffwoufff Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    :confused:Any news about the European Forums or still only statics ?
  • thunderbolt1961thunderbolt1961 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I rather think they tried to incorporate the contribution Report button in the forum and it shot up the forum.

Fascinating as pointed ear would say. :D
  • woufffwoufff Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just incredible, in any "normal" company it wouldn't take more then an hour to bring a forum (which is nothing more then a kind of a database) back online - and I know what I'm talking of, being involved in such stuff for my job !
    edited February 2015
    Forum is "up" again but absolutely "outdated"...

Still no comment by any of the person(s) in charge....