test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali Ship Rewards & Gear Bug Report Thread

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new Kobali Ship Rewards & Gear 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

For Dust to Dust specific bugs please report them here in this thread.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fj42fj42 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I noticed thatn the Bodd obtained does not have proper faction specific uniform options for romulans. You can use a federation uniform, but not a romulan uniform with a Romulan captain, despite dialogue indicating that the Kobali Boff is now a member of the Republic military.
  • zaalbarzaalbar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    fj42 wrote: »
    I noticed thatn the Bodd obtained does not have proper faction specific uniform options for romulans. You can use a federation uniform, but not a romulan uniform with a Romulan captain, despite dialogue indicating that the Kobali Boff is now a member of the Republic military.

Same problem for KDF and KDF-Romulanas, the Kobali boff can only wear Fed uniforms regardless of your captain's faction. This also means no Honor Guard armor. Also MACO and Omega Force helmets are not available, though the rest of both uniforms appear to be working.

That said, if this boff was customizable by accident again then please just leave it alone. I would much rather have a bridge officer with the wrong tailor options than a boff with no tailor options. Still, it would be nice to be able to match the Kobali's outfit with my Romulan and KDF outfits without having to use a cross-faction uniform on all of them.
  • raha69raha69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ship kobali cruiser
    starship traits warp shadow decoy
    weapon photon mine launcher mk xii crtd dmgx2
    effect Launches 4 tliss light warbird decoys as well as the four mines. up to a total of 8 decoys

Edit
    Should add that my character is a rom/kdf.
  • raha69raha69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sorry to double post..
    Upon further testing ive found its not just the kobali ship
    I got back in my aelahl and put on dispersal pattern II and wow! 8-10 decoys!

Sorry i posted this in the wrong area
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    raha69 wrote: »
    starship traits warp shadow decoy
    effect Launches 4 tliss light warbird decoys as well as the four mines. up to a total of 8 decoys

I can confirm that we know about this bug, and I believe it's already been fixed internally. It's not specific to the Kobali ship though, just the Starship Trait in question, regardless of the ship it is used with.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • vesh20vesh20 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Afther the new patch I found a new bug. Its about- when I klik some ability like a tactical team, reverse shield polarity, tractor beam repultion or any boff ability- I have a delay for 2-3 seconds, before the ability to start to work when I already klik it.
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For the Kobali BOFF, some of her outfit disappears when you go to the tailor and cannot be re-added. Specifically, the logoed Kobali shirt and the hip armor are not available when you try to modify her outfit.
  • renebrehmer#9819 renebrehmer Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Issues with the Kobali Samsar:

(sorry if these aren't supposed to go here)

- missing bridge crew. Only three of my bridge officers are present on the bridge, but most stations are unmanned.
    - consoles for Account Bank and Library can only be accessed when I jump on top of the consoles. Impossible to access them otherwise.
    - unable to access any other interior except for the main bridge itself.

We all know you rushed the anniversary content out without testing it properly, but it's obvious that the Samsar was designed to have more inside it than just the main bridge - why else would there be doors in both ends of the bridge? Seems like it wouldn't take much time to make the rest of the interior (so it matches the ship, instead of the lazy TRIBBLE job you do on all the other ships).

If this ship wasn't free I would make more of an issue out of it, but only doing the bridge, and not doing it very well (the design is a mess to navigate) just shows you've given up on putting effort into making the ships. Don't get me wrong, the ship plays really well once you outfit it properly, but it's sad that you don't do more with the interiors.
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    metalbunny wrote: »

The rewards ships typically do not have interiors other than the Bridge. There should be consoles to access functions that would be in other parts of the ship though, and that would be a bug if you cannot find that.
  • renebrehmer#9819 renebrehmer Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The rewards ships typically do not have interiors other than the Bridge. There should be consoles to access functions that would be in other parts of the ship though, and that would be a bug if you cannot find that.

Normally you have atleast a generic crewdeck/sickbay/engine room in the ships (the default overdimenioned interiors), even if the bridge is the only part unique to the ship - at least on the ones I have. On those decks you are able to get DOFF missions from special members of your crew (chef, counselor, etc) that afaik aren't available otherwise (at least I've never seen assignments pop up from the personal tab or any department head that involve scheduling counseling sessions, pouring drinks, or cooking lessons).

In the Samsar there is no such thing. There's also no way to access those NPCs or the assignments. There is 1 working door which indicates it's supposed to lead somewhere, only there is nowhere to go. But as I said, the bridge is pretty much vacated while it looks like there should be 6-10 people working the controls. There simply isn't any way to access all the functions you normally have on cruisers.
  • fj42fj42 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just noticed that the right rear "wing" of the Samsar isn't properly skinned when using the Delta Rep shield. I'm using the Type 2 hull, if it matters. When I equip the shield, the wing texture remains the same.
    EDIT: Here's a pic http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii231/Farmer42/2015-02-02_00001_zps89f5e138.jpg
  • xxivan73xxxxivan73xx Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new Kobali Ship Rewards & Gear 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

~CaptainSmirk

Good day i would like if possible a pics ? Or fact instance 50 th anniversary to take ship but what has actually happened. Before i disappeared all the medals or riffatto starting the game and or covered but nothing eras party all medals i was at zero, then thing or fact or cancelato instance to repeat it the 400 medals not apple give now are 80 medals i wonder will I be able to take this ship .
  • xxivan73xxxxivan73xx Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015

~CaptainSmirk

Good day i would like if possible a pics ? Or fact instance 50 th anniversary to take ship but what has actually happened. Before i disappeared all the medals or riffatto starting the game and or covered but nothing eras party all medals i was at zero, then thing or fact or cancelato instance to repeat it the 400 medals not apple give now are 80 medals i wonder will I be able to take this ship .
  • kkraunkkraun Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just turned in my Qmendations and as a rewared I got a Dyson Science Destroyer.
    I talked to Capt Smirk about it and he said to report here. I am sure I didn't have
    last years project running.

my @handle is @kraun

my toons full name is A'eina@kraun

Thank you.
  • farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just learned that if you unpack the Kobali Samsar requisition without enough free inventory slots, it will destroy your warp core. It's not in my inventory, not on the ship, nothing in the overflow bag, and the dilithium store's Reclaim tab only has the console and a singularity core available (the character that experienced this bug is not Romulan). I've submitted a GM ticket to get it restored.

EDIT: Looks like the warp core is working, but the overflow bag is not. I clicked the overflow bag button many times yesterday, hoping it would do something, but it did absolutely nothing. Tried clicking it once more today, and it popped a window that gave me several items.
  • europeanunioneuropeanunion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had the anniversary daily uncompleted (the Earth space dock space particles were bugged) before the last update. After the update it disappeared and Q no longer has the mission, it's a problem... :confused:
  • wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This may be a working as intended thing, but is it possible to change it so we can reclaim the Samsar during the event like we could with the winter event ships? For certain characters, I would like to earn the trait, dismiss the ship, and have a boxed one in storage just in case I change my mind down the road.
  • myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just noticed that the right rear "wing" of the Samsar isn't properly skinned when using the Delta Rep shield. I'm using the Type 2 hull, if it matters. When I equip the shield, the wing texture remains the same.
    EDIT: Here's a pic http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii231/Farmer42/2015-02-02_00001_zps89f5e138.jpg

You must have had the front wings turned off, because when I was experimenting with different special shield visuals on the Samsar I also noticed this problem on the starboard one of those as well. It only seems to be the Delta shield that does it, I checked with every other kind of shield with a visible texture (other than the Tholian one and the KHG texture since I was on a fed char) and none of them showed any problems.
  • dashraldashral Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just received my Samsar package. When I opened it, the game client crashed. Logged back on, saw that the warp core was in my inventory, so I went to the ship selector. I could view all of my ships except the Samsar. When I try to look at it, the game client crashes. Submitted a bug report.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2015

This bug also affects the right front "Winglet" depending on how you have the ship customized.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • vashad00mvashad00m Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Qmendations Stuck on 960....

When I attempt to contribute the last 40 qmendations nothing happens. The contribute button is highlighted I click it put in the 40 qmendations hit ok and nothing happens not taking the qmendations
  • zing1617zing1617 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    metalbunny wrote: »
    Issues with the Kobali Samsar:

(sorry if these aren't supposed to go here)

- missing bridge crew. Only three of my bridge officers are present on the bridge, but most stations are unmanned.
    - consoles for Account Bank and Library can only be accessed when I jump on top of the consoles. Impossible to access them otherwise.

We all know you rushed the anniversary content out without testing it properly, but it's obvious that the Samsar was designed to have more inside it than just the main bridge - why else would there be doors in both ends of the bridge? Seems like it wouldn't take much time to make the rest of the interior (so it matches the ship, instead of the lazy TRIBBLE job you do on all the other ships).

If this ship wasn't free I would make more of an issue out of it, but only doing the bridge, and not doing it very well (the design is a mess to navigate) just shows you've given up on putting effort into making the ships. Don't get me wrong, the ship plays really well once you outfit it properly, but it's sad that you don't do more with the interiors.

I had (& still have) the same thing with the dyson bridge from the 4th anniversary event
  • zing1617zing1617 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wanderintx wrote: »
    This may be a working as intended thing, but is it possible to change it so we can reclaim the Samsar during the event like we could with the winter event ships? For certain characters, I would like to earn the trait, dismiss the ship, and have a boxed one in storage just in case I change my mind down the road.

I would also like this for the event dyson destroyer, where players can claim it during later Anniversary events. Plus, I hated that it was PER CHARACTER unlock and NOT account. At least let the players who got the dyson event ship on at least 1 characters get to reclaim it as account unlock for free. Or at least let us reclaim the warp/singularity core & secondary deflector per account

P.S. Sorry for the double post. I'm not sure how to do 2 different quotes in same post.
  • darrkmadarrkma Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kkraun wrote: »
    I just turned in my Qmendations and as a rewared I got a Dyson Science Destroyer.
    I talked to Capt Smirk about it and he said to report here. I am sure I didn't have
    last years project running.

my @handle is @kraun

my toons full name is A'eina@kraun

Thank you.

Hi!

I'm very disappointed. Same bug as user kkraun, i got the wrong ship, the Dyson Science Destroyer instead of Kobali Cruiser Samsar.
    My @handle is @darrkma (Joana Darkma@darrkma)

Thank you.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    darrkma wrote: »
    Hi!

I'm very disappointed. Same bug as user kkraun, i got the wrong ship, the Dyson Science Destroyer instead of Kobali Cruiser Samsar.
    My @handle is @darrkma (Joana Darkma@darrkma)

Thank you.

If you have not done so, please file a Support Ticket at https://support.arcgames.com/.
    STO QA Team
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After earning my Samsar command cruiser, I noticed it had a command set as well as the normal Kobali equipment set. I attempted to pull the command consoles from my federation command cruisers and add them to the Samsar. Each one gave the error that the ship is not of the correct class.

The Samsar lists its own console, the regenerative integrity field as part of a 4 piece set. The other three are the fleet support platform, tachyon pulse platform, and the defense platform. When I try to add the platforms, the Samsar will not accept them.
  • wlfspidr2407wlfspidr2407 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Disregard, work around found.
  • picardcrusherpicardcrusher Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm having a problem with my event projects now. I have had the kobali ship from Q since the first day of the event (I had a spare 1000 qmendations from last time) and have also aquired it for 40 on a few other toons. I would like to get it for the rest of my kdf and romulan characters but the event project section says only "no projects available". There is nothing to select.

Since the event is still on, and i am earning qmendations, I should be able to start the project so that there is place to spend them. But none of my toons can start the event project.

Please fix this so that I can get the ship and trait.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Nerfing is Fraud...
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    farranor wrote: »
    I just learned that if you unpack the Kobali Samsar requisition without enough free inventory slots, it will destroy your warp core. It's not in my inventory, not on the ship, nothing in the overflow bag, and the dilithium store's Reclaim tab only has the console and a singularity core available (the character that experienced this bug is not Romulan). I've submitted a GM ticket to get it restored.

EDIT: Looks like the warp core is working, but the overflow bag is not. I clicked the overflow bag button many times yesterday, hoping it would do something, but it did absolutely nothing. Tried clicking it once more today, and it popped a window that gave me several items.

Had the same issue, only I can't re-acquire either the warp core OR singularity core. I opened the samsar without any inventory space, and I got the cruiser but I didn't get the cores. I cannot re-acquire either of those items via dil store, and I don't dare dismiss the cruiser because I don't know if I can get it back.

Submitted a support ticket, and was told to submit a bug report.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vashad00m wrote: »
    Qmendations Stuck on 960....

When I attempt to contribute the last 40 qmendations nothing happens. The contribute button is highlighted I click it put in the 40 qmendations hit ok and nothing happens not taking the qmendations

If you are still having this problem, or anyone else, check your overflow bag. often times Qmendations and such wind up in there and can't be contributed to the project until you remove them. Open your inventory and click the Overflow Bag button at the bottom and remove anything in there.

As for the Samsar bugs: I noticed that non-Romulan Republic captains can claim the Kobali singularity core from the reclaim tab in the dilithium store.