test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Faster ways to gain spec. points than just by levelling up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    If by 1/3 of a bar, you mean one of the smaller bar (10 to make a spec point), then yes, I have about the same. Still 1/30 of a spec point. I'm far from the 1-2 spec point per week.

No, I really meant 1/3rd of a full bar; ca 50k, as mentioned above. One mission may hit for 20k; and then a few for 8k, or 6k; it adds up. Not always that lucky, of course; but yeah, doffs are doing a significant part of the work. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    No, I really meant 1/3rd of a full bar; ca 50k, as mentioned above. One mission may hit for 20k; and then a few for 8k, or 6k; it adds up. Not always that lucky, of course; but yeah, doffs are doing a significant part of the work. :)
    I NEVER saw a single doff mission awarding more than 10K. So 20k, nope.

Quite frankly, I have an almost full purple doff crew, doing doffing every day, and no, I never do anything close to 1/3 of the bar, even when I'm lucky and I do several of the 1K xp mission.

But then, I never seems to see the 8-6K mission either. What are they ?

I keep asking, and people are always vague. I never had a proper answer. Except for gorn uprising, but most of my character are fed, or fed aligned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    paxdawn wrote: »
    Actually, I told you guys how I do it. Its up to you if you want to do it or if you want to believe.
    Since you guys are hard headed and dont even compute for mobs XP nor bonus XP or tell that it takes 10 seconds to do something that you can do for a second or two like the convo, I leave it as it is.

Again, lotsa blustering, but nothing in the way of supporting your ludicrous claims.

C'mon, you exaggerated a bit; why didn't you just say so? Now you've just painted yourself into an impossible corner. That could have been better.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    paxdawn wrote: »
    Since you guys are hard headed and dont even compute for mobs XP nor bonus XP or tell that it takes 10 seconds to do something that you can do for a second or two like the convo, I leave it as it is.
    Convos doesn't trigger when you are in red alert. RA takes 10s to wears off. That's a fact.
    If you can trigger the convos in RA, then you are using an exploit, albeit minor.
    But, I go back to the point. Why max out specialization when you dont need it?

I still stand with questerius, maxing specialization is not a requirement.
    No, but going to 20 is a requirement to train BOFF. Which is close to max it anyway.

You dont need 19 to get a spec point. You are either computing for only for final reward XP or doing a completely different mission or difficulty.
    1 spec point = 150K xp
    1 normal argala (the best xp/time ratio when you are alone) = 8-10K xp

Do the maths. 15 to 18.5 Argala. Granted, I presumed you did the last Argala to the end, and didn't stop right in the middle of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I NEVER saw a single doff mission awarding more than 10K. So 20k, nope.

Quite frankly, I have an almost full purple doff crew, doing doffing every day, and no, I never do anything close to 1/3 of the bar, even when I'm lucky and I do several of the 1K xp mission.

But then, I never seems to see the 8-6K mission either. What are they ?

I keep asking, and people are always vague. I never had a proper answer. Except for gorn uprising, but most of my character are fed, or fed aligned.

I am by no means a doff expert. So you'll get probably better answers elsewhere. But I know to avoid the 'old' areas, like ESD, DS9, etc. There's pretty much only 3 zones where I doff: Delta Quadrant, Dyson Sphere, and Voth combat zone. The Dyson Sphere has the Shore Leave one that can crit around 20k. The Deltra Quadrant has several per day (like 5 or so) that have a base reward of 1,200.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Convos doesn't trigger when you are in red alert. RA takes 10s to wears off. That's a fact..

Zactly! That's a hard-coded game-mechanic. 2 of those RA's are already enough to disprove his claim of <18 secs.
    1 spec point = 150K xp
    1 normal argala (the best xp/time ratio when you are alone) = 8-10K xp

Wasn't it 158k nowadays? Anyway, my yield (with the reward) is usually a little higher, around 12-14k, maybe. But it takes me about 5 mins, at least, to complete the mission (haven't actually timed it, but that's about how long it feels).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I am by no means a doff expert. So you'll get probably better answers elsewhere. But I know to avoid the 'old' areas, like ESD, DS9, etc. There's pretty much only 3 zones where I doff: Delta Quadrant, Dyson Sphere, and Voth combat zone. The Dyson Sphere has the Shore Leave one that can crit around 20k. The Deltra Quadrant has several per day (like 5 or so) that have a base reward of 1,200.
    I just went to the DQ.
    And beside 2-3 missions worth 1300xp, the maximum was 350. And another high xp reward, but 72h, so it's really a daily. Base reward, no crit, but I don't expect a 300xp suddenly awards 5K when critting.

I've started those with the highest payout (and a handful of them for contraband/reward). We'll see tomorrow.

And yeah, I was obviously talking about DQ and Dyson, as I said on another thread, I have 2 characters in the Dyson sphere, and I used to have them all in DQ for weeks. Never made anything close to 50k xp through doffing, except perhaps during the xp weekend, and I'm not even sure.
    Almost full purple crew.

I've been asking to every single person claiming to do that much xp from Doffing, and all of them were vague, when I had an answer. Not saying they are lying, but perhaps mistaken, or there is something I miss. Or they gave me mission with 300-500 xp reward, nothing remotely close to 20k, or even 5k.

Even if that's true, then there is something terribly wrong when you can do a spec point per 3 days of Doffing, while you need 75stf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I just went to the DQ.
    And beside 2-3 missions worth 1300xp, the maximum was 350. And another high xp reward, but 72h, so it's really a daily. Base reward, no crit, but I don't expect a 300xp suddenly awards 5K when critting.

You'd be surprised. ;) Even those 380 ones and such can crit for several thousand.
    Even if that's true, then there is something terribly wrong when you can do a spec point per 3 days of Doffing, while you need 75stf.

No, what's terribly wrong is the XP payout for the STFs. :P 25 XP for a Tact Cube?! Really?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The spec point is 160,000

The best missions for the crit are the 12 hour missions. The KDF has more of these. One is something a single officer does. Usually find it in first city or academy. Gorn uprising as you say.
    The shore leave services in Dyson. Then 2 different 12 hour missions in the delta quad. One is something about the Hirogen. The other is down at the bottom of current map in trade or development I think.

I think if the mission is blue the crit is 20,000, otherwise I think it's 8000? Maybe 12,000 for some.

Then I do mostly the 4, 6, 8 hour missions. I would say it takes about 5 days for a point. Kdf a little faster.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited February 2015
    The spec point is 160,000

The best missions for the crit are the 12 hour missions. The KDF has more of these. One is something a single officer does. Usually find it in first city or academy. Gorn uprising as you say.
    The shore leave services in Dyson. Then 2 different 12 hour missions in the delta quad. One is something about the Hirogen. The other is down at the bottom of current map in trade or development I think.

I think if the mission is blue the crit is 20,000, otherwise I think it's 8000?

Then I do mostly the 4, 6, 8 hour missions. I would say it takes about 5 days for a point. Kdf a little faster.
    I know about the 12h missions. They award 1-2k max, and crit up to 3k, I think. You have the trade mission, and usually the crumpled dance and whatnot.

Blue mission are exceptionally rare outside the dyson sphere. I mean, those awarding XP. I have plenty of medical/science rare, but the xp award is ridiculously low.

I'll see the result tomorrow, probably make a thread or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I mean, it's meant to be about 100 an hour.

If I'm doing it twice a day I will get about 10,000 each time (without any big crits). So that would be 8 days on doffing alone. There will be a couple big crits during the week - bringing it to 6 or 7 days a point. And if you can do it 3 times instead of 2 you can get it closer to 5 days a point - maybe 6.

I forgot about the crumpled wave - that is a good one.

I would say that doffing's full demise is already scheduled, so I guess it's safe enough to talk about.

When this happens + patrol cooldowns (20 hours? 24?) I really don't know how most people will be able to progress at all.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I mean, it's meant to be about 100 an hour.

If I'm doing it twice a day I will get about 10,000 each time (without any big crits). So that would be 8 days on doffing alone. There will be a couple big crits during the week - bringing it to 6 or 7 days a point. And if you can do it 3 times instead of 2 you can get it closer to 5 days a point - maybe 6.

I forgot about the crumpled wave - that is a good one.

I would say that doffing's full demise is already scheduled, so I guess it's safe enough to talk about.

When this happens + patrol cooldowns (20 hours? 24?) I really don't know how most people will be able to progress at all.

What do you mean by doffing's full demise?

While we're on the topic of patrol cooldowns, you guys cannot say you couldn't have seen it coming. Most people will say they're doing it because the devs want the players to play their way. I would rather see it that they devs want us to earn the spec points by playing the game. Geko said himself in a podcast that it was never the intent for players to have to get every specialization tree filled out from day one. The true intent was to have us earning the spec points by going through and playing the content that we were doing pre-Delta Rising.

Eventually we will see a faster way of leveling. They said that before this month is up, we should see skill points added to all adventure zones which will add incentive to go back to places like Defera, Nukara, New Romulus, the Dyson and Undine battlezones and to Kobali prime.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What do you mean by doffing's full demise?
    Sector space update is the perfect opportunity to "normalize" all of those "excessively generous" doff missions.

The only way to avoid it is to cry bloody murder now, and look like a fool when they internally respond by not gutting doffing.

The alternative is to wait patiently, and accept the nerfs when Cryptic releases them while they feel no one is looking. Not that the white knights would feel like fools; they're delusional, or paid employees.
    Eventually we will see a faster way of leveling.
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sector space update is the perfect opportunity to "normalize" all of those "excessively generous" doff missions.

The only way to avoid it is to cry bloody murder now, and look like a fool when they internally respond by not gutting doffing.

The alternative is to wait patiently, and accept the nerfs when Cryptic releases them while they feel no one is looking. Not that the white knights would feel like fools; they're delusional, or paid employees.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

I honestly have no problem still with the rate of leveling in the game. I can still play the game how I want from pre-Delta Rising and still feel like I'm getting somewhere. I'm not in a mad rush to get spec points like everybody else.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are they going to nerf Argala before end of month double XP weekend? I would like to get my last 9 of 22 toons to level 60. After that I could give a rats @rz about spec points and time gate. Then I will never make another toon unless new faction is introduced in far of future. :( Vote for Dominion/ Cardassian Rom style faction. Cause we will never have more that 2 true full factions. :(
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • Options
    sarge4idsarge4id Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Are they going to nerf Argala before end of month double XP weekend? I would like to get my last 9 of 22 toons to level 60. After that I could give a rats @rz about spec points and time gate. Then I will never make another toon unless new faction is introduced in far of future. :( Vote for Dominion/ Cardassian Rom style faction. Cause we will never have more that 2 true full factions. :(

Why the heck do you need 22 toons? Why do some people create one right after another? Doesn't it get monotonous doing the very same missions over and over already knowing the outcome? Grinding is the same as working behind a computer but not getting paid real money for it. At work you usually do the same thing you did the day before. Then you come home and do the same concept for relaxation? I can't wrap my head around it. Plus there's nothing competitive about it.

And what about all the reputations they have now? I have fleet mates that talk about having to do STF's for 6 toons or more. I'm having to do 3 rep's currently to catch up from my break and it is a pain. People are always failing to click "engage" when the window pop's up or they aren't queuing for the STF's I need marks from. The whole thing sounds like a button pushing job to me. And speaking of the fleet mates, they have to do event's for all of their toon's as well.

And what job do you have that permits you to play so much? I work from home a lot and even I have to eat and sleep. Of course I'm in my 30's now, but when I was in my mid 20's I could go 72 hours without food, sleep, or bathroom breaks. Now I can't even go all night without at least one bathroom break so you got to be younger then me, or have a kitchen in your office along with a recliner and toilet...

And just off topic, does anyone else become infuriated when you queue for an STF and you wait 5 minutes for it to start and it says that not enough people clicked engage? Seriously, who the heck queues then goes afk? Do you have any idea how irresponsible and rude that its to the others that think they're about to make some marks, but then the mission dies? They need to implement a system in the queue's that lists people's @handles that have queued and a little green or red light next to their name to show if they pressed the button or not. And if they didn't a button becomes available to the 4 other people to penalize that deserter with increments of 1 hour lockouts from all STF's.

Since the queue's came into the game I can count on 1 hand how many times I have missed clicking a queue and each one was because of an emergency such as a spilled drink, power outage, nausea and vomiting, and a phone call concerning the injury or death of someone I knew/know. Other then those times, I alway leave any maps I am queued for if I'm going to go afk for more then 15 seconds. I don't like player's that used to warp into an STF and sit there while the rest of us finished the STF for them. A lot of you probably remember those people. Well we need a non-clicker's penalty as well. If you're not committed to sitting there till it's time then do story missions. This is the main reason I am so far behind on my rep's!
    "Being a troll myself, I classify this malcontent as a Type-2 Oblivious Troll. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are: The annoying colored text he deploys, the contradictory threads he creates, the excessive whining and foot stamping, the amusement factor of his threads, and the apparent lack of realization that he is in fact a troll, like me, and is not the heart broken, victimized, player, he sees himself as."
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    way to "solve "that is to not even check on that tab with spec points prior to level 60 ( and even then very occasionally ) . Folks seem to think it's mandatory to get that filled ASAP instead of just having fun playing.

I learned long time ago , from other MMO"s , that's unwise ...
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Got to love a wall of text on an out of date necroed thread.
  • Options
    buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Got to love a wall of text on an out of date necroed thread.

Yes, it was the best post in the whole thread.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ack! ZOMBIES quick Trendy before it feeds!! :p