test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alms....alms for the poor (newbie would like a few answers lol)

velbarvelbar Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Academy
I have obtained quite a few things in My short bit of time in the game and after attempting to sift through forums to find the answers on My own its time to just ask.

So....

Tribbles, I have found a few, several seem mundane in the scheme of things but I have no true clue. [vit] [dot] but also an uncommon [stac] and apparently one deemed EPIC the Nukara which will give Me Nukara marks but I haven't a clue what that is yet but want to attempt to understand what I have and at least a hint of its relativity.

I make a habit of trying to monitor things when they happen and in looking at My assets I seem to have come up with a Dyson Sphere...again I can't easily find an explanation.

I have found the Player guides but even doing reading and searches but I come up with seemingly hundreds of messages...if I am in looking in the wrong places then can somebody please point the old newb in the right direction or put up with My questions?

As of last night I made it to Lt. 9 and am finally not getting My TRIBBLE completely handed to Me when I go into Kassar to fight or a Gorn battle and not having to re-spawn 30 times trying to scan borg communication arrays. I actually was able to get 2 or 3 with each spawn lol.

My inventory is now pretty much completely full of consoles and ship weaponry and I have what I think is a decent start of R&D minerals/ores......I have only done one mission that netted Me any Dylithium but having read somebody elses post I need to visit My episodes screen to see what I have missed. I have gotten multiples of accolades when I wasn't really focused on them so I try to read as much as I can but I am spending vast amounts of reading and not enough of the fun part....so I am kinda looking for some explanations of things that even with all the reading I have done I am just not finding the answers easily....

Thanks in advance,,,
Post edited by velbar on

Comments

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi, and welcome to the game... :)

OK.. tribbles... they basically are little buff machines... BUT!!!!!! DO NOT leave them in your inventory with any type of food items. They will reproduce very quickly.. just like in the shows.

When you use the tribble see what buff is gives you, and decide.
    Also.. check this link out.... http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tribble

Its to the STO wiki site, and lists what they do.

the Wiki is also a good starting point for STO related stuff. Its not the end all be all of the game... but it can help.

As to the Dyson Sphere, I'm not entirely sure what this is referencing.

There are two in the game... the Solane and the Jenolan.

As for loot that you pick up... if you don't need it but want to sell it.. go to the equipment vendor on ESD. The one where you can requisition equipment for energy credits.

This vendor will buy back at 50% of the listed EC value on the item.

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,028 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    My personal opinion on Tribbles... the Triolic Tribble is a must. After running one of the Dividian missions, you can buy a Comet Cocktail at Drozana. Leave it in your inventory and let a Tribble eat it to produce said Triolic Tribble. The Triolic Tribble gives you a 1 hour damage resistance buff. Its a small buff, but every little bit helps.

The Rep system is more for lv 50+ stuff, so you're a ways off on needing marks. I don't really find the buff that the Nukara Tribble gives that helpful in most situations.

If you're filling up on inventory, you might want to return to someplace like ESD to sell off the unwanted stuff for Energy Credits. Unless its an upgrade to something like a better weapon for your ship than what's equipped now. Always keep an eye out for better gear that you could equip.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Um Dyson sphere in your inventory? Do you mean a singularity core?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    Hi, and welcome to the game... :)

OK.. tribbles... they basically are little buff machines... BUT!!!!!! DO NOT leave them in your inventory with any type of food items. They will reproduce very quickly.. just like in the shows.

Only once an hour while logged in. Thankfully the got rid of the breeding while off line. My bank was overloaded, thankfully I have a cannibal tribble so they got decimated.

However I would say do not give themk to the BOFFs (Bridge OFFicers) you take on an away mission, they will never stop stroking the things.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tribbles are.....vermin mostly. A basic one is handy to have as a slotted item to heal quickly between ground fights, but if you leave them in your inventory they will breed rapidly, eat all your food, and use your inventory slots. There are a few special ones tied to various events that give other bonuses, but particularly at your stage in the game, just keep ONE handy and discard the rest.

The STO Wiki is a good database to look through. Its a little out of date, particularly with regard to the latest stuff, but its still useful just because its lots of things all in one place rather than scattered about.

If you're not doing it now, learn to use your power settings. Raising your weapon energy boosts your damage considerably, then divide up the rest between Shields, Engines, and Auxiliary. Most endgame ships run with their Weapon energy maxed out, then the other three systems roughly balanced (though we have a lot more energy generation available by then), but up to about 30 or so you can run with your Aux at the minimum of 15 at use your energy elsewhere.

On your ground team, set up one of your science officers are a dedicated healer with Vascular Regenerator and Medical Tricorder and such. Keeping the heals constantly running is one of the few things ground boffs are good at, and will give you one less thing to micromanage personally.

When looking around here at builds, a lot of shorthand gets used. Knowing the most common terms will help you read and figure out what people are doing and start to learn what is popular and why. Not everything, but the most common are:

FAW = Beam Fire At Will
    APB/APO = Attack Pattern Beta / Omega
    EPTx = Emergency Power To X (Weapons, Shields, Engines, Auxiliary)
    TT/ET/ST = Tactical / Engineering / Science Team
    Boff = Bridge Officer
    Doff = Duty Officer

Also the anniversary event is running right now, and I'm sure you've seen Q around ESD. Talk to him, there is a daily for scanning Omega Particles. Right now you don't really have the context, but you do want to start doing that mission for him once a day. The reason for doing so is that each day you get 40 Q-mendation tokens. When you get 1000 of those tokens, you can trade them in for the limited-time-offer Kobali ship they're giving away, which will be a very nice ship waiting for you when you get to level 50. Run that mission 15 times for 600 tokens, then do the special mission Dust To Dust once for a bonus 400, and there is your 1000 before the event ends. In context it won't make much sense to you right now, but because its a once-a-day thing and limited-time thing, you have to start today if you want to be done by the end of the event.
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First off don't sweat the small stuff. Meaning don't think you have to have/do everything in the game. Some of the stuff that people talk about on the forums are for level 50 players.

Also take your time with this. Levels 1-50 are a lot of fun. It's not a race to the finish line but more like a vacation you don't want to end.

Next don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions about things. We've all been there and wondered the same thing.

As for your ship power levels another poster aluded to you click the little 3 button next to the pic of your ship when you are in space. it will bring up a set of sliders to adjust your power levels.

Earning Dil and Zen you can pretty much ignore those for now. That's more of a 50+ player thing.

Inventory will fill up as you go. Redeem any food item for EC as that is a waste of space. Also remember a lot of consoles and such can be bought off the exchange for cheap (white and green quality)

Hopes this helps.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You're in the right place. The academy here has peeps who will answer almost any question.

To give my two slips of latinum, I give all my bridge officers one tribble each, usually a green quality one that gives a heal over time and/or damage buff.

For myself, If I can afford it, I pick up photonic or idic since those buff the whole team I'm with.

I also like the triolic, lohlunat, and solonae for different special missions or characters. Lohlunat gives a big psionic damage resist which is nice vs undine and devidians, you get it during summer on Risa. Solonae gives a crit bonus which is nice for high damage.

If you can use shooter mode then nothing beats the crossfire tribble, but they're hard to come by. I can't play in shooter mode, it literally makes me vomit.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    First and foremost, thank you to all of you for your answers, guidance, and suggestions.

to admrenlarreck about the dyson sphere. I have one tribble, and I will have to get into My inventory to see which one it is now, but that one tribble has a chance of generating/creating/materializing out of space air a dyson sphere. I now have 2 of these that are listed in My assets page I have seen a few brief mentions of such spheres that appear to Me to be some sort of gateway to a sector for a mission or episode but I have not seen anything definative yet, at least not to Me.

I have already given each of My BoFFs (thank you for the definitions reginamala78 that I now finally understand and was...was...going to ask in My next list ) a tribble depending on which ones I had in inventory except for the nukara one and what ever the name of the other one that generates the dyson spheres.

so I know this listing is out there somewhere and I just havent come across it yet...but My interpretation of the frequency of commonality levels I just want to make sure I understand the proper order...so

Common
    Uncommon (Green)
    Rare
    Very Rare (Blue)

These are at least the ones I have come across, mpst of what I have come across I have equipped unless it told Me that I was not allowed that particular item....kinda sad once or twice because they were weapons like dual beam disruptors or phasers or only usable on birds of prey or other ships I just am not big enough for yet..yet lol..

So before I posted this message I went and read the STO TRibble page and found the one that gave the Dyson Sphere....turns out that I had crossed a term....Not Dyson Sphere but Dyson Mark ....My appologies for confusing the terms. Now to figure out what that does lol The tribble in question is the [Solanae Tribble] ...so it would appear that I have 2 of the 4 unique Tribbles The Solane and the Nukara....yay ME...I think....thank you again for all the information and guidance to even more ...like Arnold says.....I'll be bach
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    White = common
    Green = uncommon
    Blue = rare
    Purple = very rare
    Violet = ultra rare / fleet
    Gold = epic
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    one thing that's important to consider when vendor trashing ground gear is whether your boffs could use it. It's not a good idea to go around as an admiral with boffs using mk2 junk.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    My personal opinion on Tribbles... the Triolic Tribble is a must. After running one of the Dividian missions, you can buy a Comet Cocktail at Drozana. Leave it in your inventory and let a Tribble eat it to produce said Triolic Tribble. .

Gambling device is the only tribble you need (it counts at least at one). The best defense is an overkill-offense.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you again to everyone who answered My questions yesterday...so late last night I got promoted to Lt. Commander and earned a new ship....I kinda fleshed it out last night as I was given the choices but I am not sure where it is just yet...as in how to use it and not My original ship. I am certain I will come across it today but I got distracted by trying to figure out the Academy Dailies and where things were so I could do them.....pretty sure I got that figured out and will be going in to work on them momentarily.....

are the dailies worth time and effort? Hunting down Q at Starbase has been unsuccessful as yet but I will find him....maybe even before the whole event is over lol...

I have seen several references to "subscribing to STO" that ultimately benefit the player by giving additional slots here and there but other than outright cash purchases I have not been able to locate where to do that or if its even still do able...and if it is....again...is it worth the expenditure.

Along with My promotion I found I could finally buy training manuals to at least train the Tactical officers that I have that are of My same path, Tactical vs Engineering or Science and I believe I successfully trained one of the Boffs in fire at will which I figured could help an old newb in space combat at least....where skills and traits are concerned I feel like I am bumbling around testing things more or less to see if it works for Me, what ever IT happens to be at that moment....but I fear that I could also be wasting the skill points and experience points for not knowing any better.....

nuff for now....off to try to do the dailies
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    velbar wrote: »

So before I posted this message I went and read the STO TRibble page and found the one that gave the Dyson Sphere....turns out that I had crossed a term....Not Dyson Sphere but Dyson Mark ....My appologies for confusing the terms. Now to figure out what that does lol The tribble in question is the [Solanae Tribble] ...so it would appear that I have 2 of the 4 unique Tribbles The Solane and the Nukara....yay ME...I think....thank you again for all the information and guidance to even more ...like Arnold says.....I'll be bach

Ahhh.. OK now this makes sense... :)

They give marks for what is called the Reputation system.

To access the system, open up your character sheet, and you should see a tab at the top that says Reputation.

Now.. point one... the reputation system isn't available until you reach level 50..

But that being said, these marks are used to complete "projects" in those specific systems.

EG: Dyson marks go to the Dyson Reputation (Rep for short) Nukara marks go to Nukara.. etc.

So, for those two tribbles, when you pet them they give you one mark per hour. So by the time you reach level 50 and can start the reputations.. you will already have some marks.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    doctordositheusdoctordositheus Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As far as subscribing, it is useful to subscribe for at least a month as it does unlock extra boff slots and character slots and other stuff. These you keep* (sorta, it gets a little complicated, you actually only keep 1 out of the 2 character slots if you don't use them both) when you unsubscribe later.

It is also worth being subscribed while you level because your inventory size will grow with you until you reach level 50. In addition, while subscribed you will receive respec tokens at certain levels which will let you reallocate the skill points in your captain skills free of charge. Non-subscribers must pay money for this. These respec tokens will stay with you even if you later unsubscribe.

Most players subscribe for at least one month or until they reach level 50 for these perks. There is one thing that will not persist after you unsubscribe though, and that is the increase to your energy credit cap. One of the first things you should buy from the Zen store is an energy credit cap increase so you can have up to 2 billion energy credits. I would suggest:

1. Purchase the energy credit cap increase as soon as possible.

2. Subscribe for at least a month or, even better, until all the characters you intend to play regularly reach level 50.

3. After this you can safely unsubscribe and retain just about everything* (of course there are some details I'm not going into like dilithium refining limits and veteran rewards, but these are the basics).

Edit --- Also, you subscribe through the website not the in-game store. If you log in to the http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online website there is a Subscribe Now option on the submenu.
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Q is up on Earth Space Dock (up in space) not down on Earth at Starfleet Academy. Although for the record I never got on the roof so I guess he could be down on Earth.

As for the subscribing part. I say you shouldn't subscribe because you are on your first character and are still new to playing the game so play some more and then decide. The subscription is a pure matter of opinion and everyone has there pros and cons as to why you should or shouldn't do it.

For spending your experience points you probably can't go really wrong will putting a little bit in each category. That should keep everything nice and balanced.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    uniclonusuniclonus Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As far as subscribing, it is useful to subscribe for at least a month as it does unlock extra boff slots and character slots and other stuff. These you keep* (sorta, it gets a little complicated, you actually only keep 1 out of the 2 character slots if you don't use them both) when you unsubscribe later.

It is also worth being subscribed while you level because your inventory size will grow with you until you reach level 50. In addition, while subscribed you will receive respec tokens at certain levels which will let you reallocate the skill points in your captain skills free of charge. Non-subscribers must pay money for this. These respec tokens will stay with you even if you later unsubscribe.

Most players subscribe for at least one month or until they reach level 50 for these perks. There is one thing that will not persist after you unsubscribe though, and that is the increase to your energy credit cap. One of the first things you should buy from the Zen store is an energy credit cap increase so you can have up to 2 billion energy credits. I would suggest:

1. Purchase the energy credit cap increase as soon as possible.

2. Subscribe for at least a month or, even better, until all the characters you intend to play regularly reach level 50.

3. After this you can safely unsubscribe and retain just about everything* (of course there are some details I'm not going into like dilithium refining limits and veteran rewards, but these are the basics).

Edit --- Also, you subscribe through the website not the in-game store. If you log in to the http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online website there is a Subscribe Now option on the submenu.

Related to this, are the benefits of subscribing retroactive? Like if I've been playing unsubscribed for a little bit and got to say level 30-something, would subscribing get me the BOFF slots and Retrain tokens I would have earned at the lower levels?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    so I have not had MUCH time today but I spent it learning and completing a few of the dailies including the Qmendations ones with Omega particles as well as the party goers...took Me a bit but I figured them out and completed not only them but the Starbase history chip / lessons 2.

So....I have gained several of the specified omega color traces/particles and yes I know there is a difference but now that I have them and I know from Q that they CAN be combined with R&D.....I'll be damned if I can figure out HOW. I am to assume that something from My R*D inventory box I opened will allow Me to combine them to make the slivers but thus far I have failed to figure them out. I am of the mind to let them be for now even though I believe I can make 3 slivers with what I have and just focus on the Qmendations and perhaps even pursue dust to dust to get that lump sum out of the way.....

Thoughts? Slaps or rotten fruit in My face?

Thank you gang
  • Options
    doctordositheusdoctordositheus Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    uniclonus wrote: »
    Related to this, are the benefits of subscribing retroactive? Like if I've been playing unsubscribed for a little bit and got to say level 30-something, would subscribing get me the BOFF slots and Retrain tokens I would have earned at the lower levels?

Boff slots: Yes, I believe you would get 2 additional boff slots added no matter what level you were when you subscribe.

Respec tokens: No, you would only get respec tokens at the appropriate levels going forward while subscribed.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    uniclonus wrote: »

No, those things unlock during the promotion missions and you have to do the pro option while subbed to get the rewards. They are NOT retroactive.

Which is why people recommend to power level in a month and get your characters to 50 during the sub period then end it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    No, those things unlock during the promotion missions and you have to do the pro option while subbed to get the rewards. They are NOT retroactive.

Which is why people recommend to power level in a month and get your characters to 50 during the sub period then end it.

Last I remembered you do get the extra BOFF slots retroactively. Only the retrain tokens are not given. However the EC cap unlock is lost when you go from gold to silver, I think it is the only thing that is lost.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    decronia wrote: »
    Last I remembered you do get the extra BOFF slots retroactively. Only the retrain tokens are not given. However the EC cap unlock is lost when you go from gold to silver, I think it is the only thing that is lost.

My first captain has fewer slots than all my later ones. Fewer inventory, ships and boffs. He's the only one I leveled before subbing.

That was three years ago, and I do have bugs no one else has. But it totally was not retroactive for me.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To reiterate / rephrase that what has been said earlier:

Account bank, BOff Slots, ship slots, inventory slots, etc. get set to the "subscriber" level as soon as you subscribe, and these slots never disappear - even if the subscription ends.

Not 100% sure what happens, inventory slot wise, if your subscription ends and you're not level 50. Do you still get the "regularly scheduled slot increases", or do you only get enough to put you to what a silver of that level should have...

Character slots: The "free" character slot for being a subscriber "exists" only as long as you are subscribed. However, the character occupying that slot does not get deleted if you unsubscribe. As such, if you then go and buy a "2 character slot upgrade", what happens is the character that exists but has no slot (it went bye-bye with the subscription loss) winds up claiming one of the upgrade slots, leaving you with one more character to build. Further upgrades provide the right number of character slots... :)

Bank upgrade - that goes away and if you're over 10 mil EC, no more EC earnings till you spend to under the cap. However, you get 500 zen for being subscribed for one month, and it costs 500 zen to buy the permanent bank cap unlock - so save those zen for as soon as the subscription ends...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    My first captain has fewer slots than all my later ones. Fewer inventory, ships and boffs. He's the only one I leveled before subbing.

That was three years ago, and I do have bugs no one else has. But it totally was not retroactive for me.

Did you buy any on the newer ones?
    dareau wrote: »
    Not 100% sure what happens, inventory slot wise, if your subscription ends and you're not level 50. Do you still get the "regularly scheduled slot increases", or do you only get enough to put you to what a silver of that level should have...

As I understand it you can only get to the max level a silver gets, though if you are already above that you won't lose any.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    velbar wrote: »
    I have obtained quite a few things in My short bit of time in the game and after attempting to sift through forums to find the answers on My own its time to just ask.

So....

Tribbles, I have found a few, several seem mundane in the scheme of things but I have no true clue. [vit] [dot] but also an uncommon [stac] and apparently one deemed EPIC the Nukara which will give Me Nukara marks but I haven't a clue what that is yet but want to attempt to understand what I have and at least a hint of its relativity.

I make a habit of trying to monitor things when they happen and in looking at My assets I seem to have come up with a Dyson Sphere...again I can't easily find an explanation.

I have found the Player guides but even doing reading and searches but I come up with seemingly hundreds of messages...if I am in looking in the wrong places then can somebody please point the old newb in the right direction or put up with My questions?

As of last night I made it to Lt. 9 and am finally not getting My TRIBBLE completely handed to Me when I go into Kassar to fight or a Gorn battle and not having to re-spawn 30 times trying to scan borg communication arrays. I actually was able to get 2 or 3 with each spawn lol.

My inventory is now pretty much completely full of consoles and ship weaponry and I have what I think is a decent start of R&D minerals/ores......I have only done one mission that netted Me any Dylithium but having read somebody elses post I need to visit My episodes screen to see what I have missed. I have gotten multiples of accolades when I wasn't really focused on them so I try to read as much as I can but I am spending vast amounts of reading and not enough of the fun part....so I am kinda looking for some explanations of things that even with all the reading I have done I am just not finding the answers easily....

Thanks in advance,,,

tribbles breed and certain foods can produce rare versions.
    the standard tribble heals you, out of combat, for a fair chunk of health. It is great at low levels and for new players. The more advanced bred ones can up your damage, regen/healing, or both for the top tier. There are also some special ones out there, from events or promos or just cold hard cash... these do other stuff. Nukara tribble is giving you currency that can be used at level 50 for reputation gear. Ignore it for now (click him if you want, but you can't use the stuff yet).

Dyson sphere is a place. Or a quest? You do not own one. I have no idea what you have stumbled across. Its a level 50ish area, and past that, youll get to the story and all.

ask your questions right here in the academy! This IS the place!

good. Now get to level 10 and youll get a new ship when you do a quest. That will help some. As for combat and getting killed... the top 3 things to learn right away:
    1) bridge officer skills. train them at the qonos planet, in the barracks. The right skills makes things work 1000 times better.
    2) power levels. For now, the auto configure button that puts your power into weapons and shields is fine. But you should learn about power ASAP and what it does, it affects everything in the game from offense to defense to healing and more.
    3) use one weapon damage type and family. A family is beams or cannons. Beams shoot a constant line, cannons shoot little drops. Type is disruptor, for example, or plasma, etc. Then use the matching tactical consoles for damage type. Torps and mines can be mixed with either type, but don't over-do that -- recommend either 1 torp and the rest energy weapons or all energy weapons for now.

--- go thru your inventory. Try to see what is an upgrade, to use, and what is vendor trash, to sell. Ask here if you can't figure out which to use and which to sell.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Did you buy any on the newer ones?

Only on one, and he has more than anyone else. I actually was hoping to have enough zen left after buying doff slots during the sale to get him some ship and boff slots, but it didn't happen.
  • Options
    uniclonusuniclonus Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the responses everyone.
    Having just decided to sub for a month, I found out the answer to my question. I did gain the Boff slots, inventory space, EC cap increase as expected. No retrain tokens though. Would have been nice but not a big deal.
    Guess I'll have to do the powerlevel some other characters thing at some point, once I figure out what I want to do.
  • Options
    sixx9sixx9 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you buy a cannibal tribble or two, you can keep the tribbles from multiplying too much. You can also sell the tribble carcass on the exchange.
    Warmest Regards,

Sixx
    Former Fleet commander
    6th Column
    How dare you steal my fleet, lol.