test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - February 10, 2015

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.47.20150112a.28.

General:
  • Resolved an issue where the Borg Command Ship and Support Ships would fail to appear in the Borg Red Alert.
  • Resolved an issue where players would sometimes not receive credit for the accolade “Twin Souls” from the episode “Dust to Dust”.
  • Resolved an issue where the Delta Intel Bridge Officers could not be trained in new skills.
  • Removed the Kobali Soldier 1 boots from the Off-Duty Robes category.
  • Adding VO to some areas of the episode “Taris” which were missing.

Systems:
  • Bridge Officers can now be converted into a Training Manual.
    • To begin this process, in either the inventory or Bridge Officer Candidate window, right click an Officer and choose to Create Manual.
    • The player can now choose to create one Manual from one of the available powers that the Bridge Officer has.
    • Pressing Choose Manual will create the Manual and place it into the inventory to be used later.
    • If the Bridge Officer is bound, the Manual will also be bound once made.
    • Commissioned Bridge Officers can no longer be traded or placed onto the Exchange.
    • Players can still sell, trade, and mail uncommissioned Bridge Officers unless they are bound.
  • Resolved an issue where the R&D Task Training for Emergency Power to Auxiliary III would not award the Manual.
  • Resolved an issue where occasionally switching a loadout with only one existing one causes inaccurate Bridge Officer switching.
  • Resolved an issue where Bridge Officers could sometimes get in a state where they can have Command and Intel powers at the same time.

UI:
  • Changed the unslotted Ground stations power slots to be empty slots as opposed to disabled slots when there is no officer slotted into them.
  • Removed the Officer Training school from the R&D School tab in the Overview window as this school does not have a level.
  • Resolved an issue where the EV suit button would take a long time to appear after equipping the suit.
  • Removed the "Train" option from Bridge Officer's Career Options as this is no longer how Bridge Officers are trained.
  • Resolved an issue where there would be extra Bridge Officer Power slots visible on the Stations page with a newly acquired ship.

Known Issues:
  • Foundry functions are not available at this time.
  • The Captain’s chair on the bridge on the APU ship cannot be sat in.
  • KDF players do not appear in the scoreboard at the end of a PVP match.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Good patch (no nerfs, lol). Too bad for the poor bridge officers being turned into PADDS, but it's for the greater good.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Cold.

My most important question: Where will the Boff Training be moved to? :D
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looks to be an excellent patch. Great job getting the manuals for boff-only abilities in so quickly :)

Glad the VOs are being added to Taris, too. I've been putting off running that mission on Holodeck until they're in.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Good changes incoming.
    I'm glad we're getting back the ability to train certain rarer BOFF powers, even at the cost of the officer which is pretty much the exact same as before though at least now once we teach another officer that power they will keep it forever.

Glad the accolade for Dust to Dust is being fixed, I've completed 6 runs of that now and not gotten the accolade once.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Good patch (no nerfs, lol). Too bad for the poor bridge officers being turned into PADDS, but it's for the greater good.

Great, time to clear them out -- they have been mail or stuck in box for quite some time.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    [*]Removed the Kobali Soldier 1 boots from the Off-Duty Robes category.

Hmmm... The Kobali Soldier 1 boots are already not available in the Off-Duty Robes category. Callevista said that was WAI, but he was going to look into possibly adding them as discussed here:
    callevista wrote: »
    We did not allow the Kobali Soldier boots on the Off-Duty Robes category because it would potentially clip through other existing Robes. I'll look at these again, we maybe able to get the less-bulky Kobali Soldier 1 boots to work with the existing Robes. But the Kobali Soldier 2 Boots certainly will not work with the Off-Duty Robes.

Are these Release Notes intended to mean the boots have been added to Off-Duty Robes category?

:confused::o

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.47.20150112a.28.

Systems:
      • To begin this process, in either the inventory or Bridge Officer Candidate window, right click an Officer and choose to Create Manual.
      • The player can now choose to create one Manual from one of the available powers that the Bridge Officer has.
      • Pressing Choose Manual will create the Manual and place it into the inventory to be used later.
      • Commissioned Bridge Officers can no longer be traded or placed onto the Exchange.
      • Players can still sell, trade, and mail uncommissioned Bridge Officers unless they are bound.

Reassure me: "uncomissioned Bridge Officers" are all boff candidates, right? Even those that are already in out candidate lists, correct?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Systems:

Soylent Training Manuals are made of people! Sorry, had to go there. :D

Glad to see we can still sell/trade/mail BOFFs around. Any progress on fixing BOFFs so they can be mailed? Unable to drag them from inventory or the candidate roster at this time to mail them around. At least this is the case currently on Holodeck.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looks to be an excellent patch. Great job getting the manuals for boff-only abilities in so quickly :)

Glad the VOs are being added to Taris, too. I've been putting off running that mission on Holodeck until they're in.

Me too, very glad to see this change and can't wait for it to hit holodeck.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    Reassure me: "uncomissioned Bridge Officers" are all boff candidates, right? Even those that are already in out candidate lists, correct?

The guys in the left list are comissioned. Your Away Team and everyone you assign to Bridge stations.

Uncomissioned is every Boff in the inventory or the "parking lane.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bridge Officers can now be converted into a Training Manual.

Thank you for adding this feature.
    Commissioned Bridge Officers can no longer be traded or placed onto the Exchange.

As far as I know, commissioned bridge officers could never be sold on the Exchange, but they could be traded. Is there a reason why this was changed?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • gamedudgamedud Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Turning the Bridge Officers into Training Manuals is a very nice move.

frtoaster wrote: »

As far as I know, commissioned bridge officers could never be sold on the Exchange, but they could be traded. Is there a reason why this was changed?

Probably because now you could potentially trade a fully trained BOFF as opposed to one with just the original 8 powers.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The guys in the left list are comissioned. Your Away Team and everyone you assign to Bridge stations.

Uncomissioned is every Boff in the inventory or the "parking lane.
    This is what I was getting at:

Glad to see we can still sell/trade/mail BOFFs around. Any progress on fixing BOFFs so they can be mailed? Unable to drag them from inventory or the candidate roster at this time to mail them around. At least this is the case currently on Holodeck.
    Right now it would seem the Boffs in the candidate roster are somehow bound to the player as well.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015

You people are just...sick. Absolutely disgusting! :eek:

:P
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll never watch Fargo the same way than I did before.

Anwyay, good change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ah yes the technology is here to turn your betazoid love slave into a padd to smuggle out of the federation. I knew this day would come to bad I was not around to see it.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Cold.

My most important question: Where will the Boff Training be moved to? :D

It's just removed from the summary on the first "page". It's still on the R&D tab, where you start assignments. Makes sense to me, since Officer Training has no level.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Booooo, you suck, I wanted to go there first!
    Commissioned Bridge Officers can no longer be traded

Goodbye Diplomacy/Marauding boff market.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is an issue you should be aware of; freezing on tutorial intro vids: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1367051

I realize this isn't the proper thread for it, but I wanted to make sure it had the best chance of being seen, or even responded to. Still, of course, these fixes are great
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • natomacncheesenatomacncheese Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but this means no more trading the diplomacy level 4 boffs. So get your all Orion slave girl crew while you can, i guess.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gamedud wrote: »
    Probably because now you could potentially trade a fully trained BOFF as opposed to one with just the original 8 powers.

I'm not really sure how this was a problem.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Never mind, misread the notes and realised my question was not valid...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    'Commissioned Bridge Officers can no longer be traded or placed onto the Exchange.'

:mad: why is this something that needs to be removed?
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why would you block the trade of commissioned officers? Special officers cannot be traded any way. Sending a regular officer to a new player to help them out doesn't affect you. New people need help and this is a tool to help them...

Oh and it says tribble not holodeck. Is that a typo?
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

At least they don't serve as food anymore for their trainees.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,234 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there any chance the devs could look at the Thoron Mines from the Delta Reputation store as they are completely broken. No proc, no thoron bonus. 20,000 dilithium and all you get are basic Quantum mines instead of Thoron mines.

Items that cost dilithium shouldn’t be left broken this long. It rips the players off as it takes us 2 and a half days of grinding to get a that broken items. A great way to drive players away.
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2015

That only applies to the green training manuals.
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Some of us have a large number of unused commissioned bridge officers, and occasionally enjoy passing them on to other players who can get more use out of them. This also prevents RP crew transfers (which I have personally done several times). We've never been able to place commissioned bridge officers on the exchange, but we still need to be able to transfer them to others.
  • wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Really confused as to why you're eliminating the trading of commissioned officers. Is it a side effect of other changes being made or is it being done purposefully? I can't imagine there's a balance issue here. Can we get some clarification?
    All the toys you can't afford.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, the elephant in the room - which Boffs will be non-mulchable?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif