test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, do you hate Smirk, the community, or both ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I certainly don't and like I posted in another thread they can keep this game. I'm young enough yet that I can patiently wait until some other superior developer team with some sense of integrity picks up this IP and blows this fiasco out of the water in just one launch.

This game has become as terrible in design as Archeage and that's being generous.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    On the contrary. I'd bet real money Cryptic reaches more of their player base using those third party sites than they do by making posts on the forums.

A very small fraction of the overall player base uses the forums.

Those are called fan sites and really only kiss up to the dev's. Of course they would go there. Just like if you follow Reddit chat you will see dev's, mod's, etc always on there and not normal chat because they get more 'Delta Rising is the best expac ever."

Really surprised they have never done anything about the horrible level grind.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Legitimate question. Since DR, we have a long list of nerfs, bugs, and "features", that makes the community angry. And the forum a toxic place.

DR :
    -Level gap in the 50-60 storyline, forcing the player to grind.
    -Upgrind system, costing a lot of resources, for a random result.
    -Tau Dewa nerf. People called exploiters.
    -Specialization XP cost being insane, while STF xp reward are very low.
    -Patrol mission being used as story filler.
    -Dil reward from STF nerfed (adv is supposed to be the new elite, but award less).
    -Time between post on the forum extended to 5minutes, then reduced to 2m. Still at 2m, while it used to be 30s in the past.

Post DR :
    -More XP grind, while many players complained it was too much.
    -BOFF revamp, half done, certain skill (like TS III) are currently impossible to train.
    -Dil event nerfed. Probably affecting the number 1 thing people did during the event.
    -New specialization added. While it seems the majority of players I can speak to haven't even done the DR ones.
    -Dyson ground BZ reward nerfed.
    -Queues are dead. As a solution, you nerf some of them.

Anniversary event :
    -Lag and rubberbanding for days.
    -Daily mission for the ship broken for days. Event not extended.
    -Time gated reward for the mission.

I'm probably missing some stuffs.

So legitimate question, are you trolling us on purpose, or do you hate Smirk so much you do your best to make his job really hard ?
    As a part of the community, I hope I do not deserve to be trolled. As for Smirk, he is nice, even if his ship build sucks. He doesn't deserve that either.

P.S. I said "the community" at large. Doesn't mean you as an individual. Some might enjoy (*cough* masochistic *cough*) those nerfs and bugs.

Hey Erei, gz on the OP and the very accurate description about the way this game evolved the past moths. I can assure you that I as well as basically everybody in my FL/fleets share your thoughts.

If I see it summed up in all its ugliness I really have to question myself hard why I still bother with this disappointment of a game. Reason are probably my in game friends and fleeties which keep me loging and make my presence in STO an enjoyable one.

Besides Taco and the art department I can’t even think back when anybody from the dev team or the publisher(lol) contributed to that the last time. After the latest nerf to dil event and the hitpoint enhancement to various elite ground opponents my expectations are so incredibly low to non existent that cryptic should even have the element of surprise at their disposal to come around with something good once in a while.

Hope dies last; I can assure you every other positive feeling about this game already is.

Top 3 memorable quotes from yesterday game experience:

Friend@disapointed1: Did’t they say they do something about the lag?
    Fleetmate@disapointed2: Meh, tray still messed up each time I was on ground.
    Friend@disapointed3: This isn’t tolerable anymore. I think I’m gonna sell my fleet and leave this game.

If there are any happy costumers around in game anymore… pls show me!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You forgot one major thing. Bridge officers had their traits taken away. The entire reason I bought a Romulan from the Embassy was for his Superiour Operative trait. And now the traits tab only shows abilities.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    You forgot one major thing. Bridge officers had their traits taken away. The entire reason I bought a Romulan from the Embassy was for his Superiour Operative trait. And now the traits tab only shows abilities.

I think you'll find this is just a UI display bug... Makes picking some Boffs a pain, but their traits are still there...

I noticed this with a Boff I had just sent to an alt via mail, however, before opening a ticket I decided to grab them and have them join the alts' crew, once doing so, their traits were all there, as they were before mailing, visible in their traits tab...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    I think you'll find this is just a UI display bug... Makes picking some Boffs a pain, but their traits are still there...

I noticed this with a Boff I had just sent to an alt via mail, however, before opening a ticket I decided to grab them and have them join the alts' crew, once doing so, their traits were all there, as they were before mailing, visible in their traits tab...

Yep! You pointed me to it the other day. Thank you, by the way.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    Yep! You pointed me to it the other day. Thank you, by the way.

Did I? Ok... Well, happy to help where I can I guess...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg