test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So... about that T6 Typhoon

2»

Comments

• themic609themic609 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As an Avid KDF Main player I think the Typhoon and Jupiter would be a great addition. Personally I would've added the Jupiter as a "Real" Fed carrier counter to the Vo'quv and the Typhoon Could have been the oddys Fleet variant.. Sad thing is I doubt they'll be playable.. They are just placeholder NPC ships. I would pay money for them though :P
    "Helm Prepare Maneuver Circle Target Alpha, Tactical Prepare BFAW3 and mash Spacebar"

• gapaxbr1gapaxbr1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    and its nice because those that remember in the original tutorial, its the first ship that you save and it was majestic to look at in you small ship, I said I wanted one of those
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Doesn't look horrible I suppose from the top side...but I absolutely hate how that deflector looks on the bottom...So I suppose I could go either way...depending on the stats of the ship if it were released. :P
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's utterly awful. Worse than the JJprise, IMO, which is really saying something.
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This. Though the Scryer ha to come in a close 2nd.

the scryer isn't really ugly, it has a pretty much standard fed science-ship look(assuming you give it the white hull and close that gap in the saucer).

sure its not pretty, but its not ugly either.

and its pretty obvious people only like the typhoon because its a "battleship", same thing with the jupiter.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    phoenicius wrote: »
    the scryer isn't really ugly, it has a pretty much standard fed science-ship look(assuming you give it the white hull and close that gap in the saucer).

sure its not pretty, but its not ugly either.

and its pretty obvious people only like the typhoon because its a "battleship", same thing with the jupiter.

Ehh...I don't think the Typhoon is to horrible except for the deflector...the Jupiter on the other hand I think is ugly as sin and it would be my choice for ugliest ship in the game.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, the Federation needs yet another ship....ok not really.

How about finally getting the KDF a dreadnaught before handing out yet MORE fed ships?

Or how about that Negh'var refit we were promised?

What about the Romulan version of the Flagship (Bortasqu/Oddessy)?

Romulan science ship or carrier maybe?

But if you really insist, here you go.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Baffling that they haven't released this ship yet. The design is there, all they have to do is give it stats, release it, and profit.

To those that don't like it, cool.. to each their own, but they should absolutely release this ship. Those that don't like it just don't buy it.

Right now, a T6 Typhoon is the only thing that would get me to open my wallet again.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Baffling that they haven't released this ship yet. The design is there, all they have to do is give it stats, release it, and profit.

To those that don't like it, cool.. to each their own, but they should absolutely release this ship. Those that don't like it just don't buy it.

Right now, a T6 Typhoon is the only thing that would get me to open my wallet again.

Even if you're okay with the design, your standards can't possibly be so low that you'd accept a model that painfully low-quality... could they?

...then again, of all things, you're asking for the Typhoon, so... yeah.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The typhoon screams "placeholder" all over. In my opinion, the design and function have long been replaced by the Oddyssey. It could work as a T6 Oddyssey-skin, but nothing more.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    spielman1 wrote: »
    I agree with that staement

Like wise.

6 fed t6's are enough.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    erikosss wrote: »
    What we really want is a T6 Scimitar with a OP ship trait. :):)

Yes and, we shall name that trait [Complete Devastation].

1min recharge rate
    0.5 sec. activation time

Allows player to unleash all weapons fire (energy weapons, torpedoes, mines) at a x2 fire rate +10 CRTH & CRTD, with absolutely no WP costs for 30secs.

Hey, you asked right?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wish they'd remaster the Typhoon as an alternate skin for a T6 Avenger, then remaster and release the Jupiter as a T6 Federation Carrier or Science/Support Tank.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Even if you're okay with the design, your standards can't possibly be so low that you'd accept a model that painfully low-quality... could they?

The Romulan D'D was low quality since it was an NCP ship. So they had to give it a face lift making it more detailed to make it playable.

So it can be a really nice ship if they put the time into it. And create a couple skins for it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    farmallm wrote: »
    The Romulan D'D was low quality since it was an NCP ship. So they had to give it a face lift making it more detailed to make it playable.

So it can be a really nice ship if they put the time into it. And create a couple skins for it.

That#s why I also want to see a Jupiter. Creat an actual nice-looking ship.

It could be the only ship that might qualify as some sort of Federation carrier.

The Jupiter is my go-to ship for the hypothetical "Logistics" specialization ships. An Engineering/Logistic Carriers that is designed as a small starbase, basically. Send out deep into unexplored space, sending out Federation probes and drones for intiial surveys. it would also feature a transwarp beacon that would allow other ships to transwarp to it, either from deep inside Federation territory to "jump-start" an exploration mission, or as a safe port for ships that complete long range exploration missions - probably based on the initial surveys made by drones.

The ship is ugly. But there are some interesting design elements that I think a good ship artist could take from it and make it look... maybe not beautiful, but interesting and compelling enough.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »

If both are ever made playable, it's obvious that they'll get a good once-over. Much in the same manner as the Scimitar when it became playable.

The playable versions would look far better than the NPC ships. It boggles the mind that the "haters" and "antis" don't stop to realize this.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The playable versions would look far better than the NPC ships. It boggles the mind that the "haters" and "antis" don't stop to realize this.

The funny part here is that I've seen a lot of fans of both ships scream "Noooooooo!!!" when updates to the ship models are mentioned, they want them just as they currently are. :P :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    The funny part here is that I've seen a lot of fans of both ships scream "Noooooooo!!!" when updates to the ship models are mentioned, they want them just as they currently are. :P :D

Well I can't speak for the rest of you, but I want it the way it is because it "feels" like a Battleship. Unlike the Odyssey this ship looks like it can take a beating.

Maybe update it hulls materials. Other than that, it's fine.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    johngazman wrote: »
    Gal-X
    Contender for Ugliest, Most Played.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Gal-X, but every mother loves thier own ugly baby.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • docducksdocducks Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I could dig a Typhoon. :)
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    Contender for Ugliest, Most Played.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Gal-X, but every mother loves thier own ugly baby.

I don't know....the Galaxy-X looks pretty bad in the standard Galaxy skin, but it's much more pleasng to the eye if you use the Venture skin with Type 6 hull material, looks really really good IMHO.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • docducksdocducks Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My word, I would rather be stuck flying around in this piece of jolly **** ---> http://i62.tinypic.com/162r8n.jpg

While having one of these placed up my bottom ---> http://i59.tinypic.com/25k6b2v.jpg

Then see a playable Typhoon or/and Jupiter class smeared all over STO like http://i61.tinypic.com/qs1kps.jpg

Best lube up first then.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    I don't know....the Galaxy-X looks pretty bad in the standard Galaxy skin, but it's much more pleasng to the eye if you use the Venture skin with Type 6 hull material, looks really really good IMHO.
    You can put the ugly baby in a teddybear outfit, it's still an ugly baby. ;)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock