test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many Devs tried to help us and left?

praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Who all tried to help us, and then ended up vanishing/leaving the game shortly after they started?
  • Snix
  • Heretic
  • Goser
  • JHeinig
  • Borticus
  • AdjucatorHawk

I'm sure there's many more, I just can't remember all of them.
Post edited by praxi5 on

Comments

• Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Err, Bort and Heinig are still on the dev team.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Lol, yeah, Borticus is alive and well.

The reports of his disappearance are greatly exaggerated.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    illcadia wrote: »
    Err, Bort and Heinig are still on the dev team.

I mean they disappeared from PvP. Heinig even used to post in OPvP.

But now, nothing. It's like a bunch of people try and either give up or leave D:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In fact... Borticus is the guy who prepared the blog about the latest lockbox. :P

Who's Snix? I'm not sure I've seen the name before.

Gozer I remember more for his idea as to how to make a boss fight challenging.... yeesh...

Heretic... Was the Doff guy. what did he do with PvP?

Hawk... not sure what he did.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh, I though PvP dev was Cryptic's exit position.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I wish Smirk or Trendy tried to PvP more. Branflakes was regularly seen in PvP matches.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I wish Smirk or Trendy tried to PvP more. Branflakes was regularly seen in PvP matches.

Yes, and the way Branflakes talked about the devs should have been a clear warning that PvP is going to hell some day. He often admitted that the Devs are ignorant, incompetent and don't give a flying f*** about balance and PvP.

Btw, I'm still very sad that heretic left. While he wasn't into PvP, he was still one of the Devs who actually played every day and talked a lot to the players on doffjobs. He was one of the few guys who listened to the players and therefore had to be removed...what a sad day that was
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015

She did. It's at ESD :P
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    LOL borticus? Borticus is responsable to many of the DR disasters!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you forgot DAN STAHL
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you forgot DAN STAHL

He never tried to be a friend to PvP.

For a long time it was understood that if a dev was doing anything for PvP it was on there own time.

There is no need for any of us to worry about STO anymore... Cryptic can't be bothered, so why should we.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    He never tried to be a friend to PvP.

For a long time it was understood that if a dev was doing anything for PvP it was on there own time.

There is no need for any of us to worry about STO anymore... Cryptic can't be bothered, so why should we.

Not sure Jesse was actually soliciting input or just typing/thinking out loud with the following...
    jheinig wrote: »
    The PvP mods have some other issues that are going to make it not possible to give them the correct in-line damage modifiers at this moment, but this shouldn't stop the crafted mods from getting the correct updates.

The PvP mods will require a more thorough rebuild in order to function in top form. In the meantime I'll talk to Gorngonzilla about what we want to do with them (i.e. do we want them to remain available? Turn them into something else? Try to shuffle time in the schedule to fix them sooner?)

...but there's an "opening" to offer some feedback on the R&D PvP mods, yeah?
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ...but there's an "opening" to offer some feedback on the R&D PvP mods, yeah?

There isn't anything to suggest anymore. I don't think anyone really cares. Regardless there going to change them into something else anyway. Which frankly imo is what they should do anyway. PvP mods should never have existed. Another example of Cryptic not thinking anything through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There isn't anything to suggest anymore. I don't think anyone really cares. Regardless there going to change them into something else anyway. Which frankly imo is what they should do anyway. PvP mods should never have existed. Another example of Cryptic not thinking anything through.

If they're going to do PvP mods (and have the infrastructure to have things only take affect in PvP - which already seems to be the case, as certain things have "TRIBBLE duration vs player"), then they should do that for almost everything.

Case in point - scale back Surgical Strikes so it's not (quite literally) an iWin button.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    If they're going to do PvP mods (and have the infrastructure to have things only take affect in PvP - which already seems to be the case, as certain things have "TRIBBLE duration vs player"), then they should do that for almost everything.

Case in point - scale back Surgical Strikes so it's not (quite literally) an iWin button.

With Surgical Strikes...how much is actually Surgical Strikes and how much is the rest?

Firing off the Ionic Turbulence. Using one of the lance consoles to trigger the Expose Vulnerability: Critical Systems to disable and strip them of any Science buffs. Working in the Load Viral Torpedo. You've chain stunned your target...they're parked. Break out those G14 [Ac/Dm][CrtD]x4 AP DHCs (so you've got another +30 CrtD) taking advantage of that +110% going from 12 to 14 instead of the +60% Geko's post stated.

It's not an iWin button as much as DR brought about some iWin packages.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    With Surgical Strikes...how much is actually Surgical Strikes and how much is the rest?

Firing off the Ionic Turbulence. Using one of the lance consoles to trigger the Expose Vulnerability: Critical Systems to disable and strip them of any Science buffs. Working in the Load Viral Torpedo. You've chain stunned your target...they're parked. Break out those G14 [Ac/Dm][CrtD]x4 AP DHCs (so you've got another +30 CrtD) taking advantage of that +110% going from 12 to 14 instead of the +60% Geko's post stated.

Lol, because of all that garbage I stick with T5-U PvP matches. Even then, I've gotten hit a couple of times by one-hit-kills which were supposed to not exist after the BO adjustment (yeah right)

[Combat (Self)] [Player] deals 55267 (53784) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to you with Dual Elachi Banks - Overload III. <- Went from full shields and hull to BOOM!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Lol, because of all that garbage I stick with T5-U PvP matches. Even then, I've gotten hit a couple of times by one-hit-kills which were supposed to not exist after the BO adjustment (yeah right)

[Combat (Self)] [Player] deals 55267 (53784) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to you with Dual Elachi Banks - Overload III. <- Went from full shields and hull to BOOM!

Still think it was funny how much TTL went down after the BO adjustment, since it forced some folks to be more creative in how they killed so they found the obviously better things that were there...

But yeah, there have always been those odds and ends...part of why I complained about so much RNG, cause imagine that same hit without the Elachi proc, eh?
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

this is why ive been saying make gear levelless in pvp. its the single thing that could be adjusted that could potentially make pvp playable again. then you would just have ships with a bunch more hitpoints then they had before, + all the new intel and rep op stuff. its a bit of a wash, like how it was the first days of DR.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh man, I totally forgot with that example about the Enhanced Armor Penetration being -50 DRR instead of -5. And then work in some older stuff like how [AMP] actually works...who is going to shell out the Lobi for Supremacy, cause you've got to figure that the EC price for that unlike most Lobi boats is going to be wicked...

...and it just goes on and on, yeah?

Geko: We're going to address powercreep with Delta Rising.
    Geko: We're going to blow your minds with powercreep in Delta Rising!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ya this power creep, and doing the vaad box already, sorta reeks of desperation. trying to rekindle interest with ultra must have broken op stuff. to bad the majority of people that have lost interest look at such creep and react with horror and disgust, not lust. and even more are driven away by it.
  • Options
    bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stahl tried to be a friend to PvP and *gasp* Klingons!
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I feel that Branflakes deserves to be on that list as well. Not technically a dev, but he did actually care about PvP even to some degree, and was the first and primary 'sponsor' of Bootcamp.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Oh they thought PVP mods through, they're in the mod family precisely because no one PVPs.
  • Options
    thorexxxxthorexxxx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    devs are dicks........they should erase pvp....dicks dicks dicks :D go askgay go bluedick <3<3
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    well, new Executive Producer has been crowned, a guy involved in the original creation in this game. if a guy like that cant throw a bone to pvp, no one can.