test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrating 5 Years Of Star Trek Online!

Comments

• irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While there are some pretty cool stuff for this year:
    -new training and station mechanics
    -new Kobali ship
    -new pretty great mission with another good returning character
    -real Vaadwaur weapons (not this polaron shotgun disguised as a pistol from Takedown)
    -updated missions from Romulan Mystery to give the storyline a bit more sense

... I think this event is a good contender for the "most bugged anniversary event" award.

Seriously, every time we think this has gotten ridiculous, it gets even worse the next time.

And of course, there is this grind. It's not fun and should not be used for an anniversary event, period.

And we now have a select all on contributing d'offs to fleet projects... But yeah you took the words right out of my mouth, some pretty good stuff but it's overshadowed once again by the insane issues the dev's seem intent on ignoring, while still throwing extra, possibly bugged stuff on top of it. I know they can't catch every bug but they really need some time to do some real thorough bug hunting soon.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Come on cryptic sort your **** out.
    it takes ages to get to one area of ESD to the other without really bad rubberbanding and academy is just as bad one of them a q was in two different boxes and when i picked what I thought was the correct one it failed and also my character is lagging so bad I can't catch a tribble this is making me think that this anniversary event is not worth anything at all,

No ship Free or not is worth this much lag. No I know why you had a freebie event because you realised how much we would be ticked off by this rubbish event.

Well done for lasting 5 years because if this doesnt get resolved I won't be around to wish you happy 6th and you probably won't be either
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't recall ever experiencing rubberbanding like this before at ESD.

It's just taken me three attempts to beam up to my ship, and when I eventually succeeded it lagged so badly that I could actually move my now-invisible character around for 10 seconds or so before the loading screen started. While I was beamed down I was bouncing around so much it was impossible to do anything anyway.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    steaen wrote: »
    I don't recall ever experiencing rubberbanding like this before at ESD.

It's just taken me three attempts to beam up to my ship, and when I eventually succeeded it lagged so badly that I could actually move my now-invisible character around for 10 seconds or so before the loading screen started. While I was beamed down I was bouncing around so much it was impossible to do anything anyway.
    This isn't the worst I've ever seen. I think LOR release day was the worst.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tygresss wrote: »
    *snip*
    You did so well with the delta expansion only to ruin it for me now. THANK YOU NOT REALLY

So you are the one that Gecko was talking about when he said the players loves Delta Rising.
  • diemdarkbringerdiemdarkbringer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't find one of the places I have to do this because, I went to the zone and there are none there that I can find. Bajor system (Space) if you know where in the world they are in the game enlighten me please.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't find one of the places I have to do this because, I went to the zone and there are none there that I can find. Bajor system (Space) if you know where in the world they are in the game enlighten me please.

I just dropped the mission, picked it up again and this time I had go to Bajor...and again.... no particles.

Aye carumba.

EDIT: By now the cynical side of me is wondering...is this by design? an underhanded way to keep us in the game, scratching about for non-existent objects, while all the time bolstering metrics? ;)
    server_hamster6.png
    edited January 2015
    yep, yesterday I didn't even get to keep my q-mendations turned in the mission and they were nowhere to be found and today the mission bugs out where I can't finish it thanks for the screwed up event.
    edited January 2015
    even dropped it and got it again only to get the same thing there is no way to complete it unless someone figures out where it should really be because it was mislabeled or something. I think Cryptic doesn't want anyone to get the new shiny ship because they put all the road blocks up that we can't break through. Was this event like put together in a day or something? so many problems with it it is crazy.
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    even dropped it and got it again only to get the same thing there is no way to complete it unless someone figures out where it should really be because it was mislabeled or something. I think Cryptic doesn't want anyone to get the new shiny ship because they put all the road blocks up that we can't break through. Was this event like put together in a day or something? so many problems with it it is crazy.

Thaaat's the lag. It's actually incredibly annoying, but I was able to complete it yesterday.. mostly.. ESD and Andoria really tested that.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dear STO Dev Team,

I just wonder does your CEO know how much you f*** up company image with this "5th Aniversarry"? Main event mission/attraction is unplayable (did you even test it before putting it live?), launching another (previous were R&D and upgrade) unfinished major game system (no way to obtain some skills like Torpedo Spread III), one giant lags and rubber-banding, non-responsive skills (which were reported month ago on tribble, yet still go live).

If you wanted to bring more new and old players to the game you actually you done opposite. You scare off any potential new player "If main event is bugged and unplayable, event that company advertise where ever it can, so how will work or rather doesn't work."

Instead launching bugged content you should simply tell Smirk to come here and honestly explain that you found some major bugs and have to postpone event fore a week, just to make sure it will work. Believe me most players would then go with "No problem, nice that you care and want to bring good working product". This applies not only to this particular Event, but to every previous and future updates.
  • derbitburgerderbitburger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dear STO Dev Team,

I feel that the communication between you and your players is out of sync, which reminds me somewhat of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9UlVmWbThw

with regards
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it!
  • runningbotrunningbot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I always wonder why the devs think we would rather play mini-game "apps" instead of Startrek. Why not have a STF or two that is the daily? So I can, you know, play Startrek in my ship or on an away mission.

If I wanted to play a free app game I'd pick up my phone.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    runningbot wrote: »
    Why not have a STF or two that is the daily?
    Really? You want a group mission that 75% of the players will TRIBBLE up to be your daily? No thanks.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dkratasco wrote: »
    Dear STO Dev Team,

I just wonder does your CEO know how much you f*** up company image with this "5th Aniversarry"? Main event mission/attraction is unplayable (did you even test it before putting it live?), launching another (previous were R&D and upgrade) unfinished major game system (no way to obtain some skills like Torpedo Spread III), one giant lags and rubber-banding, non-responsive skills (which were reported month ago on tribble, yet still go live).

If you wanted to bring more new and old players to the game you actually you done opposite. You scare off any potential new player "If main event is bugged and unplayable, event that company advertise where ever it can, so how will work or rather doesn't work."

Instead launching bugged content you should simply tell Smirk to come here and honestly explain that you found some major bugs and have to postpone event fore a week, just to make sure it will work. Believe me most players would then go with "No problem, nice that you care and want to bring good working product". This applies not only to this particular Event, but to every previous and future updates.

There needs to be some kind of agree/second the motion clicky thing here.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What would make a great start to year 5 of STO would be if Geko was fired for publicly bashing the players (CUSTOMERS, Geko. Players are CUSTOMERS!!!), and D'Angelo was fired for not firing Geko to begin with.

I must have been under my rock, exactly how did Geko publicly bash players again? :confused:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• runningbotrunningbot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Really? You want a group mission that 75% of the players will TRIBBLE up to be your daily? No thanks.

Sure would, at least I get to play the game instead of an app. Also you could make it like this years requirement if your that worried. Q doesn't care how well you do as long as you participate.
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dkratasco wrote: »
    Dear STO Dev Team,

I imagine their bosses TOLD them to launch on today. Look at how buggy Skyrim was but had to be out for 11-11-11.
  • liberatrixliberatrix Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In addition to changes in research, upgrades and Boffs

they go and decide to change all the 'artwork' and icon 'images' ... I had enough knew stuff to learn, I really did NOT want to relearn what everything was because a Deflector no longer looks like a Deflector, and my Science Team icon (along with the rest of them) has changed.

What a pain in the butt.
    In this galaxy there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the universe, three million million galaxies like this.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I must have been under my rock, exactly how did Geko publicly bash players again? :confused:
    He made a few comments about his honest opinion of the forums. Then people raged at how he didn't appreciate their "feedback" (aka whining).
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • derbitburgerderbitburger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wouldn't even mind the new icons, but the skills are still inresponsive.

"I would have survived this, but the skill won't fire..." :(
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it!
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I find it interesting...

Saw virtually no one standing in-line at Q for the mission-pickups. Normally people are firing off new party-poppers as well -- have seen maybe three this year so far.

Maybe it was just the time (afternoon to evening Central Time) but it doesn't look like very many people are lining up for this grind.

On top of that, the channels I frequent in chat were full of complaints about the Omega spam, the broken timers and other issues related to the grind.

So we're expected to grind for our reward, by using a broken grind system? Stay classy Cryptic. Rock that Quality Control thang, shake it now. :rolleyes:
  • wepsikwepsik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dont know is this fault of this Anniversary pack or not , but

I cant repair ship injuries any more.. When I go to dyson joint command to let engineer repair ship injuries , it shows no injuries at all.

But when I take any dyson mission with ship I seen ca 13 injuries.. I have minor and major components to repair but they dont do anything...'

damn...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    I find it interesting...

Saw virtually no one standing in-line at Q for the mission-pickups. Normally people are firing off new party-poppers as well -- have seen maybe three this year so far.

Maybe it was just the time (afternoon to evening Central Time) but it doesn't look like very many people are lining up for this grind.

On top of that, the channels I frequent in chat were full of complaints about the Omega spam, the broken timers and other issues related to the grind.

So we're expected to grind for our reward, by using a broken grind system? Stay classy Cryptic. Rock that Quality Control thang, shake it now. :rolleyes:

That's because 90% of the time, the daily people are getting is impossible to complete. I've had a daily active for three days now that I can't complete because there is no damned particle in Space above Bajor... So that's three days of the event that I'm just not able to complete it. If they don't fix it until Thursday then that's a full week.

The event is so much fun!
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited February 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    I find it interesting...

/snip
    That's because 90% of the time, the daily people are getting is impossible to complete. I've had a daily active for three days now that I can't complete because there is no damned particle in Space above Bajor... So that's three days of the event that I'm just not able to complete it. If they don't fix it until Thursday then that's a full week.

The event is so much fun!

1. There may not be alot of ppl in line by Q because they are aware you can pick up the mission from your Journal overview page, thus avoiding all the ESD lag that was prevalent in the 1st couple of days.

2. The particles above Sol and Bajor are not working correctly , but you can drop the mission and pick it up later and it will give you a different set of places to visit. The locations seem to cycle every couple of hours not sure the exact duration between cycle but I have been able to get Q-mendations everyday the event has been running so far on KDF, Rom, and Fed characters.

Better Luck to you in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dustyhayesdustyhayes Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    5 years have gone by and still they can't fix an event launch. Don't get me wrong, I've been playing STO now for several years, got a lifetime membership and have probably invested far too many hours of my life into the game and I love it. But when you launch a massive event like this, have a certain amount of time to do it in and then half the time it doesn't work... This morning I tried doing the Omega molecule stabilization thing and the one around the sol system at Earth Spacedock completes, but it never registers as finished, hence my daily mission cannot be completed, no matter how many times I attempt to do the molecule event.

I don't know if anyone else is having these kinds of problems, since nobody in the zones I'm in is answering, but it is very frustrating and I've been hearing from the developers that the rubberbanding & lagging, broken Omega molecule events and whatnot should have been cleared up by now and they have not. At this point, it's not even a matter of being able complete a mission. I have a hard time recommending a game like STO to people knowing that there are a lot of problems like this right now. For the developers, my simple question is this: Do you know what's causing the problems and how long before it is seriously fixed?
    edited February 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    2. The particles above Sol and Bajor are not working correctly , but you can drop the mission and pick it up later and it will give you a different set of places to visit. The locations seem to cycle every couple of hours not sure the exact duration between cycle but I have been able to get Q-mendations everyday the event has been running so far on KDF, Rom, and Fed characters.

Better Luck to you in the future.

Yeah, I tried that. Several times. Sadly, each time I did it I always got Bajor as one of the locations to visit so I got bored and just decided not to play the game until they fix it.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I tried that. Several times. Sadly, each time I did it I always got Bajor as one of the locations to visit so I got bored and just decided not to play the game until they fix it.

They are in the mission with mirror universe. If you pick up that mission and go through it to Bajor it is possible to get those omega particles.

They should have pushed the 5 year celebration until they had the patch tested and fixed for any bugs.:rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • mrlailmrlail Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dear sir/madam

Please can you fix the game, there are no particles above bajor and now the esd space is broken.
    im not sure how long the event is going to last but ive so far missed 2 days worth of qmendations due to this bug

couple this with what I can only describe as the worst rubber banding ive ever seen in a game SWG doesn't have it as bad as this
    and the constant client crashes when the client lags too much, it is driving me away from this game, I have only started in October but im finding myself loggin off earlier each night and I still don't have a toon to 60 but I cannot bear the bugs.
    edited February 2015
    spookpwa wrote: »
    They are in the mission with mirror universe. If you pick up that mission and go through it to Bajor it is possible to get those omega particles.

They should have pushed the 5 year celebration until they had the patch tested and fixed for any bugs.:rolleyes:

Lol yeah I'm pretty sure that in the mirror universe everything is working completely as intended. It must be nice there, I should book a holiday.

It's pretty annoying that there are so many bugs, and they've not decided to extend the event yet. This first week is pretty much a write-off for many people.