test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrating 5 Years Of Star Trek Online!

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So will we have to go to all 3 zones for the daily, or 1 of the 3?
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mini game sounds totally awful.

"you will be given three zones to visit where you must stabilize an Omega Particle using a new minigame."

So 3 locations to find this mini game... I hope these places have more than the 2 in other social zones. <- Do I need to hit all 3 locations?

"In any social zone there will always be two Omega particles up any given time." <- so folks will need to camp for these...
  • dcgregg1dcgregg1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hopefully if they are places a faction can not enter due to not having the right commendation level, that they will turn that restriction off as hardly anyone grants a ship passage.
  • aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't wait for more grinding! :rolleyes: I guess it best represents the last year of this game. Grind grind grind. You want an anniversary present. Grind. You want to see any new content. Grind. You want to make 10 levels. Grind for 2 months. You want anything, you have an unreasonable amount of grinding.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
    edited January 2015
    btw another good point...

what is a "Social Zone"

place where folks can gather and combat can't occur right? So I should be able to go to my shuttle and find 2 particles there?
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think the important question is - for these two Omega Particles per zone - can only two players use them while their up, and everyone else is standing around waiting for new ones to spawn? Or can as many players as want use them while they're active?

If only two people per social zone can play at a time, there are going to be a lot, a LOT of unhappy people starting Thursday...
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok, so discount for ship is available, thanks.
    Gameserver not found.
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Dust to Dust", is this a Lvl 60 episod ?
    Qapla'
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TRIBBLE around with Omega particles is a bad idea... unless done at Defera or Kobali-Prime.
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    doublecha wrote: »
    "Dust to Dust", is this a Lvl 60 episod ?

I'd guess it'll likely be level 10 like most featured missions when they first go live. Then after the event it'll be whatever level fits in with it's place in the story arc.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited January 2015
    Ok, so discount for ship is available, thanks.

Where did you read that at?
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the new mission and thanks for a minigame that's not the hated shell game!

What counts as a social zone? Vulcan? Risa? Drozana? My bridge?
    tigeraries wrote: »
    btw another good point...

what is a "Social Zone"

place where folks can gather and combat can't occur right? So I should be able to go to my shuttle and find 2 particles there?

I think one of the three social zones will be the main zone that you can find Q in. Earth Spacedock for the Federation players, New Romulus Command for the Romulans and First City for the Klingons. I think they'll probably pick neutral sites too like Drozana, Dyson Joint Command or Delta Quadrant Command.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Completing “Dust to Dust” will earn you 400 Q-Mendations
    Is this given once per character, or once per account?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    suaveks wrote: »
    Is this given once per character, or once per account?

Per character, which is why I believe there won't be a discount for getting the ship on your alts. Though I still hope they will give us one.

Edit: Never mind. A discount was just confirmed in the new Kobali ship blog. 40 qmendations for alts.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    3 social zone, does that mean we will have to travel to those 3 social area every day for the grind ?
    In any social zone there will always be two Omega particles up any given time. You might have to hunt them down, but they are out there. If you have the daily mission, a Waypoint will appear on your map where the two particles are currently found, to help narrow your search.
    2spots per social zone, and about 100players fighting for them ? Scary. Hope the spots will be shared amongst everyone.

Finally, as a Federation captain, hunting and destroying Omega particle isn't supposed to be the directive that override anything else ?

Also, it seems unnecessary complicated. Hunting Omega particle in social zone, for slivers that can be converted in shards, which can be converted in fragment, to craft kits ? Did I miss something ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So.... for a 5 year anniversary... you would have us grind.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    3 social zone, does that mean we will have to travel to those 3 social area every day for the grind ?

2spots per social zone, and about 100players fighting for them ? Scary. Hope the spots will be shared amongst everyone.

Finally, as a Federation captain, hunting and destroying Omega particle isn't supposed to be the directive that override anything else ?

Also, it seems unnecessary complicated. Hunting Omega particle in social zone, for slivers that can be converted in shards, which can be converted in fragment, to craft kits ? Did I miss something ?

I still want ot know what they mean by Social Zones...cause if they are sending us to Dyson for some of this...I got a bunch of characters that can't go.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Reading the latest NEWS post, I think its AWESOME they not only got Garrett to come in, but Kim Rhodes, the original guest star, to reprise Ballard/Jet'laya.

It's these finer touches I love about STO.
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So for those of us who didn't get suckered into the convoluted abortions that are the r&d/upgrade systems will these omega fragments, shards, silvers, particles or whatever they are be sellable or will they be bound?
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unless these omega upgrades can upgrade a MK XII to MK XIII with the help of one or two simple ec upgrades Ill play the minigame. And the Kobali ship would be good for my Reman eng toon and thats about it.

P.S: I just discovered a cool new Star Trek show is airing and my heart is broken with the knowlage that I MUST GRIND FOR THE SPECIAL ANNIVERSERY SHIP??!!:mad::mad:

Why Cryptic? Why must we grind?? What happened to games being fun??:(:(
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay so, these minigames.. if for example one player stabilizes a particle, will this particle stay for everyone else so they can play the minigame as well? Or does the particle disappear when one stabilizes it? Because if it does, you will have hundreds of players camping one spot and you will have to have tons of luck to get the particle stabilized before anyone else does..
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Dust to Dust": Another episode in the strange, sad life of Harry Kim.
  • stodeckerstodecker Member Posts: 0 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Some quick info:
    • You will need to visit and stabilize a particle in each zone Q gives you (all three).
    • Multiple people can interact with a partcle at a time.
    • The particles are large, and glowy (of the color they represent).
    • Once someone starts to interact with a particle, it will remain clickable for other people for a short period of time, after that time it will move to another location.
    • If you have Q's mission, you will have a waypoint showing you where the two particles can be found. (Not their exact locations though).
    • The particles are NOT found in level 50+ zones (so not Kobali city or Dyson spheres or any of that)
    • The particles are found in space zones as well as ground. They might be "hidden" but the glow will likely give away their location.
  • iplaystarwarsiplaystarwars Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Props go to the developer who made the new Samsar.

It has an eerie look to it. You think the Kobali are unnerving? Wait till you see this ship. I really like the design, because it very subtly mirrors the theme of Kobali. You'll see at noon today. :)

OMG, I saw the ship and it Rocks!!!! Its the best looking ship so far!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happy Birthday, Star Trek Online. For a game that has been perpetually "dead within the next 6 months" since February 2010, you sure have been able to hold your ground and reaffirm that you don't want to go on the cart.

Five years of hearts, heartache, heartbreak, heartlift, and heart surgery. Congratulations!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's hardly a grind to me... you get the omega items each time you run the mission which you can use for other stuff... namely upgrades. I liken it more to resource hunting in most games or like hunting data samples in the clusters. Reminds me of when I use to run around mission maps to get the particle traces for crafting. It didn't feel like work because it was randomized.

You only have to do it on one toon too and then its unlocked on your others for just one run. I still have people from last year that have 400 qmendations from that episode and combine that with this years feature episode, and I only have five days of doing the mini game and then once on my alts. Easy-peasy!
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What happend to the Aniversery did it get canceled? a few days ago I read somewhere it would be early, and begin Monday, but I don't see any decorations nor Q, and I just got home from work.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iceaxe18 wrote: »
    What happend to the Aniversery did it get canceled? a few days ago I read somewhere it would be early, and begin Monday, but I don't see any decorations nor Q, and I just got home from work.

It's not starting till Thursday. They are doing freebie Giveaways till than though.

EDIT: On another note...hurray that I do not have to go to any Level 50+ Zones for this.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • stodeckerstodecker Member Posts: 0 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for the information. One thing I have not seen yet, what is the minimum level required for the Omega particle mission? I'd like to make a new character to fly the ship with and I would like to know what level I need to get her to in order for her to be able to earn it. Thanks!

10, iirc.

/10 characters
  • yahtzeemanyahtzeeman Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Remember a few years back for the Anniversary when the Odyssey was unveiled? We took it out for a test run against a few waves of baddies to show off the power of the ship, and then at the end of that event, we got to keep it. No grinding the same mission every day for 20 days to get your ship. One fun mission. We got different missions for each faction. The Romulans got to fly a Scimmy, and the Klingons (IIRC) got to fly the Bortas'qu.

Once again.

Previous Anniversary missions were fun events that you ran a maximum of 5 days to get all of the rewards, and could OPTIONALLY run in the following days. You weren't forced to play every day for 3+ weeks straight in order to get the prize.

Such is the nature of the game now.