What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BIG BIG BIG boff problem since patch

Comments

• Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Even if it's fixable (sorta) , rolling out a system like this along with new UI icons .... -- well it IS the Cryptic way ... . :o
  • Options
    inthefluxxinthefluxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My boff lost his third and fourth ability, which was fantastic when I did the new quest.

Thanks cryptic. I specifically spent a lot of EC to make sure my guy had what I wanted when I got him, and now he can't use what I spent time and energy on.
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pfff.... c'mon cryptic, it's so low, even from you...
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I took one look at my boff loadout, and immediately wanted to log off and say "TRIBBLE this".

My ships are now completely ruined, and have lost most of their combat effectiveness because of this. Not at all looking forward to trying to sort out this mess! :mad:

Yep, thats what i did and went to the forum to see when they going to fix it, and then found out its working as intended !!!
    Ps, its boffs, key-binds and load-out's and if you have multi-characters like me .........
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It took me like 5 seconds to switch my BO III and my APB II back on my Guardian. Unless there are other bugs, this is no big deal. Maybe just badly communicated...again. :P
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cidjack wrote: »

Since when is High Yield Torp 2 a rare ability?
  • Options
    gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since when is High Yield Torp 2 a rare ability?

Since they want you to spend you hard earned dil. and real life money of this less than perfect game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Guys talk about overreacting. Your boffs did not lose there skills you had. Remember the trait revamp? They just did that to BOFFs just go to a space map an switch you boffs skills back.

sheesh.

False. This has no effect. Also some skills are missing. I was able to fix my first character. The second I went to is missing several skills they had before.

The loadout does not load the correct loadout.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cers001 wrote: »
    Cryptic I really hope this was unintended but ALL by abilities that I trained my bridge officers in,
    Are gone replaced with torpedo abilities for the tactical officers, my ship runs on beam and cannon abilities and that’s what she’s rigged for and now I have no abilities that I have uses for I have NO torpedoes on my ship and if you want you can check

My build ship build is 3 dual heavy cannons, 1 dual beam bank, 1 kinetic cutting beam and 2 turrets.
    This is my fear, that after years of years of getting the rare BOFF skills trained I will lose them all to a design change.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay so conflicting info here and its making me hesitant to log in.

If I have an Exchange-bought SRO sci that I trained in TSS3 and TBR3, when I log on will she still have those skills available or will she be back to the whatever she came with?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also, if you change the skill back to what you want it to be, it may not update in the playable clickable area of your skill tray or skill bar. To fix this and update it, just un-equip and re-equip the bridge officer and it will update.

In other words, all loadouts on every ship you have are fubarred!? As Sheldon Cooper would say, "I informed you thusly!"Aka, told you so!!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay so conflicting info here and its making me hesitant to log in.

If I have an Exchange-bought SRO sci that I trained in TSS3 and TBR3, when I log on will she still have those skills available or will she be back to the whatever she came with?

My Tactical Officer still had Beam Overload III, so a reluctant yes from me there. :o
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I took one look at my boff loadout, and immediately wanted to log off and say "TRIBBLE this".

My ships are now completely ruined, and have lost most of their combat effectiveness because of this. Not at all looking forward to trying to sort out this mess! :mad:

That is exactly how I felt as well. This brings about a new level of hitting players below the belt for PWE. :(
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Depending on the BOFF, they will have either the skills that YOU trained or both the skills that you trained AND their original skills. Nobody's skills got wiped out. People are choosing to rage instead of taking a second to give their boffs a 2nd look.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    GW3 GONE
    FBP3 GONE

HOW DOES CRYPTIOC COME AND REMOVE ALL GOOD SCI SKILLS AND SAY ONLY THE PEOPLE THAT NOW WHERE TO LOOK CAN HAVE THEM NOW WHEN I AM TRAINED AND SPECED FOR THEM THIS IS LAME AND GARBAGE SYSTEM THAT GOING TO LEAD TO THE GAME FURTHER SINK IN MONEY ALL THEY ARE DOI9NG IS RAPEING ALL THE OLDER PLAYERS OFR THE GAME

TO COMPLETELY REMOVE THE SKILL. FROM MY BOFFS WAS A LOW BLOW FROM SOME IDIOTS WITH LOW I.Q'S THAT WANT TO KILL STO ........ io ALLREADY PAID FOR MY SKILLS NOW I HAVE TOI PAY AGIAN AND USEW TRIBBLE WHAT A SCI APOST TO DO USE TRIBBLE HOLE SKILL WITH TORPSA WTF AND THEY NOW TORP SKILL ARE NOTHING INM STO
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Depending on the BOFF, they will have either the skills that YOU trained or both the skills that you trained AND their original skills. Nobody's skills got wiped out. People aren't even taking a second to give their boffs a 2nd look right now. They are going full on rage instead.

Hnnnnrrrr!!!! Harwarwarwar!!!!! Gurglegrumblesnorf!!!

Raaaaawr!!!!

That's me raging.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Depending on the BOFF, they will have either the skills that YOU trained or both the skills that you trained AND their original skills. Nobody's skills got wiped out. People are choosing to rage instead of taking a second to give their boffs a 2nd look.
    cody0893 wrote: »
    GW3 GONE
    FBP3 GONE

HOW DOES CRYPTIOC COME AND REMOVE ALL GOOD SCI SKILLS AND SAY ONLY THE PEOPLE THAT NOW WHERE TO LOOK CAN HAVE THEM NOW WHEN I AM TRAINED AND SPECED FOR THEM THIS IS LAME AND GARBAGE SYSTEM THAT GOING TO LEAD TO THE GAME FURTHER SINK IN MONEY ALL THEY ARE DOI9NG IS RAPEING ALL THE OLDER PLAYERS OFR THE GAME

TO COMPLETELY REMOVE THE SKILL. FROM MY BOFFS WAS A LOW BLOW FROM SOME IDIOTS WITH LOW I.Q'S THAT WANT TO KILL STO ........ io ALLREADY PAID FOR MY SKILLS NOW I HAVE TOI PAY AGIAN AND USEW TRIBBLE WHAT A SCI APOST TO DO USE TRIBBLE HOLE SKILL WITH TORPSA WTF AND THEY NOW TORP SKILL ARE NOTHING INM STO

I rest my case.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wow again the devs release a mostly completed piece of tech . #pickyourbattles indeed Mr Geko .
    how about instead of trying to do 5 things at once focus on one thing and get it to work 100%I have yet to see any new system added to the game that didn't need something added to complete it at some later date in the year .

the loadout system still unstable. , took what a yr to fully implement Secondary deflectors ? removing powers that you cant yet retrain/ buy/ make ? how much has been released this last yr that left something functional out to be added in later , just so you can make some internal deadline ?

this is another straw that hit the Eppoh's back . how long before the little guy collapses from the weight?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No My Skills Are Gone Completely Replaced Bye TRIBBLE I Am Not Even Speced For ANDF I CANT EVEMN BUT THE MANUEL FOR THEM
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No My Skills Are Gone Completely Replaced Bye TRIBBLE I Am Not Even Speced For ANDF I CANT EVEMN BUT THE MANUEL FOR THEM

No they aren't. Check again. Many of my boffs had their original skills added back and now I can choose between what I trained them with and their original skills. You merely have to switch them with only the click of your mouse.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    To totally remove skil;ls i allready paid for is lame buttom line trhey shouldnt have touched existing builkds and boffs thjat was a slap in the face and totally disrespecfull of cryptic flat out stole the existing workj i have done and gave me TRIBBLE skills
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    i have checked 9 times now now they are gone even bo3 gone and cant buy manual wtf
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oddly, I've just logged in and all my stations are the same as before the patch. Didn't even need to restore them with the arrow as others have mentioned.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    And yes i have found the the abilitie switch i am misssing skills on 5 diff boffs and thats un exceptable on ne account
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you want an alternative way that is easier to read, that may help confirm what you actually have or do not have, log into the Gateway. So far it looks like all of my skills are available. Getting to the interface in game will be the ultimate driver of course, but the Gateway at least seems to suggest whatever I'll be dealing with on login is fixable.

NOTE: Some of my BOFFs DO show more than 4 abilities on them on the Gateway, that I remember from older builds or from purchasing them. However, if what's on the Gateway holds true in game, nothing I trained for my current build is gone.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    And yes i have found the the abilitie switch i am misssing skills on 5 diff boffs and thats un exceptable on ne account

http://i.imgur.com/Drp5Ai8.png?1

Here's a link to an example of what I'm talking about. The JH Boff comes with Dispersal Pattern Beta 3. I retrained him yesterday with Attack Pattern Delta 3. As you can see, both are selectable.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok.. so far it looks like you can hit the back button on each individual item back to what they were trained in. Honestly this is why all players should have access to test the content. You can cut reports off to only those with special accounts, but seriously. This entire update is making people mad and we are being mislead by angry players. There might be items we cannot go back to? I have yet to find one but I heard those items exist... Again no information or testing with players... :(

Oh and a quick question.. If I walk backwards will the rubber banding affect from server lag get me to my destination faster?
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    inthefluxxinthefluxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My tactical boff had torpedo spread 3, now he can't relearn what he already had.
  • Options
    saxmanusmcsaxmanusmc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just another example of a developer pushing out unfinished TRIBBLE; whether on their own or if they were forced by the publisher to get it out. TRIBBLE is TRIBBLE and I along with many others are really starting to lose patients with getting TRIBBLE time and time again.
    FA Janin Delwynn - Fed Tac Officer
    FA Dion - Romulan Engineer Officer
    FA Zophie Delwynn - Fed Science Officer
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    In other words, all loadouts on every ship you have are fubarred!? As Sheldon Cooper would say, "I informed you thusly!"Aka, told you so!!

I did inform you thusly!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."