test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Surviving Bug Hunt Elite. A guild for Noobs.

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
I have noticed that in bug hunt elite, there are many who do not come to this mission fully equipped to survive.
The following items are essential to have, traits, itemes etc,

Fluidic antigens,
Peak Health,
Ironsides,
Personal shield charges,
Health Hypo's
and lastly if you can get it, the undine personal armor which is anti-toxic.

On your computer keyboard, i use keys 1, 2, 3 for the most important bits.
1 and 2 for weapon firing, and 3 for either shield charges or health hypo's.
Key 4 could be useful for lunge, grenades, mines or turrets.
When firing at the bugs, do not stand still, keep moving, jumping and rolling around as you attack them. Watch out for the purple alarm bugs, theres 3 of them that have to be quickly killed off, or the mission will fail.

If players come properly equipped, they will survive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    EBH is pretty easy.

1. Use Nukara Tribble if you have one + toxic res
    2. If you die regularly wear a space suit (5000ec) preferably with [tox] for extra toxic resistance
    3. Have a good weapon (lots of cheap options)
    4. Have a couple personal health heals

Strategies
    Tact: Buff the team
    Sci: Debuff the enemy
    Eng: Drop damage dealers and regenerators
    All: Revive fallen comrades
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A personal nitpick of mine, but the proper term is newb not noob. If a person is a noob, then they wouldn't bother reading this guide since noobs never learn how to play the game properly. A newb is anyone that is a beginner at the game or a specific feature of the game. Therefore, everyone is originally a newb, but can become a noob, elitist, elite, decent player, etc.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    A personal nitpick of mine, but the proper term is newb not noob. If a person is a noob, then they wouldn't bother reading this guide since noobs never learn how to play the game properly. A newb is anyone that is a beginner at the game or a specific feature of the game. Therefore, everyone is originally a newb, but can become a noob, elitist, elite, decent player, etc.

Personally, I was kind of lost on the whole thread. The title of the thread is...

"Surviving Bug Hunt Elite. A guild for Noobs."

I thought it was a recruitment thread for a fleet named Surviving Bug Hunt Elite. Cause it says it is a guild for noobs.

;)
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Sci: Debuff the enemy

Spamming heals/cleanses helps. The first BHE I ran was just supposed to be a bored fun run...a bunch of us "Space" guys getting dragged along by a Tac and a Sci. They basically carried the five of us through BHE without issue...the other three of us didn't have any Ground traits slotted, no gear beyond what ever goofy stuff we'd picked up from missions. We didn't do Ground...sort of folks. But the two guys basically carried us along as we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off.
  • Options
    priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2015
    starkaos wrote: »

Splitting hairs. Noob is noob, someone who needs to learn the activity. No reason to define stupid meme-speak.

Regarding the topic: stack toxic resist as best you can, bring a big gun with some sort of AOE. Step out of blue TRIBBLE.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Whaaaaat....peeps still do ground missions!
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    More fun than Argala...

However weapon wise you can use Pulsewave's if you like, but I've been doing alright with the Omega Carbine. really nice gun that as it does damage to armoured enemies (like the bugs) and doesn't have to worry about shields.

Other than that the Zefram Cochran Shotty is pretty good too.

But yeah if you want to survive easily get the Counter-Command Exo Suit and Shield. Stick the Counter-Command gun in a second slot and use the gun you want in the Primary. Oh and avoid the blue/white goo circles, they hurt...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    The full undine ground set is a no-brainer. Toxin Inoculant procs left and right with so much toxic damage.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I use a 2 set kombo. Undine armor and weapon + MACO shield and weapon. Gives me the toxic resists and the MACO shield recharge which is awesome, as I can recharge my shields and use hypos for health without interfering cooldowns.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hrmm, found the post of what I was running when I last ran it. Only needed so many APCs, and had a bunch of luck from boxes along the way, so needed even fewer APCs...
    Undine Biotech Battle Armor Mk XII (VR)
    Counter-Command Personal Shield Mk XII (VR)
    Delta Expedition Science Kit Mk XI [Medic][Part][CrtX] (VR)
    - Subspace Rift (R)
    - Endothermic Induction Field Mk XII (VR)
    - Neutronic Radiation Mk XII (VR)
    - Biofilter Sweep Mk XI (VR)
    - Triage Mk XIII (R)
    Voth Antiproton Shocktrooper Cannon Mk XII (VR)

Ground Reputation Traits
    - Reactive Healing Accelerator
    - Omega Weapon Proficiency
    - Lethality
    - Deadly Aim

Active Reputation Traits
    - Medical Nanite Cloud
    - Defiance
    - Concussive Tachyon Emission

Personal Traits
    - Fluidic Antigens
    - Ironsides
    - Regenerative Tissue
    - Vicious
    - Creative
    - Field Researcher
    - Lucky
    - Peak Health
    - Sure Footed

DOFFs
    - VR Geologist (Chance: CD reduction Induction Field/Radiation)
    - VR Biochemist (Add DR debuff with Sci Kit debuff)
    - VR Counselor (Chance: Willpower buff with Sci Buff or Heal)
    - VR Doctor (Chance: Additional Heal with Triage or Tricorder)
    - Epic Nurse (Chance: Activate EMH Mk I with hypo)

Skills
    - Medic 3
    - Weapon Proficiency 6
    - PS Generator 6
    - Scientist 3
    - Probability Logistics 3
    - Willpower 3
    - Combat Armor 3
    - Particle Physics 6
  • Options
    nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And most important, don't run ahead, wait for other team members.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Holy TRIBBLE peeps still play ground!! do you guys have a separate character geared out for ground stuff? i never see numbers for ground que .....is it a reporting error or some such bull**** excuse ?
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just shoot things, before they shoot me...

Works most of the time.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I haven't played ground since that STF reward for jumping through that portal thing...
    Have to try Bug Hunt...

How would a sweeping strikes build work?
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    I haven't played ground since that STF reward for jumping through that portal thing...
    Have to try Bug Hunt...

How would a sweeping strikes build work?
    Bugs doesn't have any shield, so any shield penetration is useless. However, they are very numerous, and most of them are melee. Some are not, always bring a long range weapon.
    Also, they spam some kind of goo and you have to move out of it. It might be a problem for a melee character.

I guess it should works, as long as you have enough AOE dps and toxic resist. Usually pulsewave/shotgun is the way to go for most, but if it works, that's fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Any rep set and a stack of hypos is good enough for bhe. I pug that multiple times daily and never have to wait long for it to start. So yes, people run it alot.
    A sci (who heals and buffs) actually is very nice to have for this. Sadly most sci's are running around with all attack mods. My sci brings Savior and Medical Vanguard traits. I use biofilter sweep for its effects and low cd, as well as it being able to apply medical vanguard very often. (the difference between groups I run on my sci vs with my other classes is huge, biofilter/vanguard is a massive help) To take advantage of Savior I use Medical Tricorder for the % heals to myself when healing the other players. Nanite health monitor and active immunity overload are also very useful for keeping people alive. And of course I never leave home with out exo field. With this set up I can pretty much keep all pugs alive as long as they dont stray from my range of heals or come with a weak set of gear. (I find Im usually the only sci that comes to heal others)
    On a side note all my characters usually run it with 2 traits because im too lazy to switch traits, so I always keep 2 ground traits.
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    honestly.....

same with all elites/

start at the beginning and earn ur way...

simples.

as a sci/eng/tac captain...

I don't mind carrying pugs, it's when they tell you/others what your doing wrong.

I'm after the salvage, as I'm a crafter nothing more nothing less,.

this is like ISE and pugging... go watch some utube vids on how its done.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Refractive Bulwark Set (Nukara Rep.) works fine for me for resists, 2 piece, and 3 piece bonuses. Sometimes I use the Toxic ground trait also. Before that I used the MACO set, Biofilter Sweep, and a heal kit.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I use just Elite Fleet Shields and Armor on my Engi with NAtural Immunities and Peak Health as key traits and she does quite well. She has the Shotgun at Mk XiV VR with orbital devastation, fleet SHield Gen, Undine Med Gen, Neutronic Turret, and Flash Freeze Bombs. Not to mention, the Romulan Turret.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Splitting hairs. Noob is noob, someone who needs to learn the activity. No reason to define stupid meme-speak.

Regarding the topic: stack toxic resist as best you can, bring a big gun with some sort of AOE. Step out of blue TRIBBLE.

it has already been defined, newb (shortened from newbie) is universally the new guy/new player. in mmo's and elsewhere in the work force (RL). noob is some idiot who doesn't want to learn/ think they already have all the answers.

this can be confusing since some players use noob interchangeably with newb and/or as a joking style insult amongst guldies/friends. (though noob originally came from newb, just 1337 spelling style)

noob is beyond meme speak and has been for quite awhile...several years at least. it's part of the modified language and not something likely to fade as true pop memes do like doge and the other types of stupidity. pretty easy to spot the memetard mating calls and it isn't noob they use.

it's silly **** like 'what is love'. 'what does the fox say'
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Spamming heals/cleanses helps. The first BHE I ran was just supposed to be a bored fun run...a bunch of us "Space" guys getting dragged along by a Tac and a Sci. They basically carried the five of us through BHE without issue...the other three of us didn't have any Ground traits slotted, no gear beyond what ever goofy stuff we'd picked up from missions. We didn't do Ground...sort of folks. But the two guys basically carried us along as we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off.

That is what my Scis do almost fully... heal. 4 others alive shooting is better than 1 sci not healing anyone but themselves and debuffing things not being shot. Even if they bring 100 hypos, my cooldowns are miniscule compared to theirs. Healing yourself when you can absolutely help though!

I shoot while healing but my dps is not as high sometimes because I am doing a LOT of healing. Some folks require a lot of special attention when it comes to keeping them alive. And for the love of the prophets, please heal your wounds! It's hard to keep a person with liquified organs and no bone left unbroken alive.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    That is what my Scis do almost fully... heal. 4 others alive shooting is better than 1 sci not healing anyone but themselves and debuffing things not being shot. Even if they bring 100 hypos, my cooldowns are miniscule compared to theirs. Healing yourself when you can absolutely help though!

I shoot while healing but my dps is not as high sometimes because I am doing a LOT of healing. Some folks require a lot of special attention when it comes to keeping them alive. And for the love of the prophets, please heal your wounds! It's hard to keep a person with liquified organs and no bone left unbroken alive.
    No offense, but I take a debuffer/DPS sci over any healer on BHE. And this is coming from a tac/engi mostly player.

You can keep yourself healed at all time if you are not an idiot. While the AOE and debuff from the sci makes everything dead faster.
    And you can also bring the cold aoe from QWW, which is an awesome CC. Or the gravimetric anomaly doff, that makes every bugs cluster at the same place, ready to be killed by the next aoes.

The only heal I take as my sci is biotech carapace, for the heal and extra tocix resistance which is always useful. Triage is another good idea.

But then, I'm taking into account my team knows a bit how to play, or at least half of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    BHE is not all that hard, and the objectives are straightforward, so can't really mess that one up. Just as pretty much everyone said here - some toxic dmg resists + self-heals are a must. The rest, as to what weapon/style is up to your preference. And if you're inexperienced team, make sure you stick together a lot.
    erei1 wrote: »
    Bugs doesn't have any shield, so any shield penetration is useless. However, they are very numerous, and most of them are melee. Some are not, always bring a long range weapon.
    Also, they spam some kind of goo and you have to move out of it. It might be a problem for a melee character.

I guess it should works, as long as you have enough AOE dps and toxic resist. Usually pulsewave/shotgun is the way to go for most, but if it works, that's fine.
    Uh-huh. Disagreed. I run melee/Sweep-kicks build 100% of my time I do ground combat, which I actually prefer over space anyways, and it works charm. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    just like in shooters use terrain to your advantage clim,b the walls and shoot from cover dont wade into the middle and go arnolf you aint the terminator you will be terminated.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No offense, but I take a debuffer/DPS sci over any healer on BHE. And this is coming from a tac/engi mostly player.

You can keep yourself healed at all time if you are not an idiot. While the AOE and debuff from the sci makes everything dead faster.
    And you can also bring the cold aoe from QWW, which is an awesome CC. Or the gravimetric anomaly doff, that makes every bugs cluster at the same place, ready to be killed by the next aoes.

The only heal I take as my sci is biotech carapace, for the heal and extra tocix resistance which is always useful. Triage is another good idea.

But then, I'm taking into account my team knows a bit how to play, or at least half of it.

It's that last part....heh...that really changes things. The more folks talked about how easy it was, the more folks started running it, the less easy it became...er...you know what I mean....that last part there. :D
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Uh-huh. Disagreed. I run melee/Sweep-kicks build 100% of my time I do ground combat, which I actually prefer over space anyways, and it works charm. :D

This is fairly accurate. My sweeping strikes currently out-DPS any pulsewave shotgun in the game by a signifigant margin.

Which is always amusing when you have people on your team telling you that you're a scrub because you don't use a laz0r gun.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    This is fairly accurate. My sweeping strikes currently out-DPS any pulsewave shotgun in the game by a signifigant margin.

Which is always amusing when you have people on your team telling you that you're a scrub because you don't use a laz0r gun.
    Haha, yeah. I'd not use a gun, because frankly, melee/Sweep kicks is what made ground so much fun for me, without it, it'd lack the appeal for me, and it's really efficient as well, with some know-how and proper thinking. I just ignore these people, although... most of them just leave me alone & pretty much shut up once they see me once or twice in action. :D

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Haha, yeah. I'd not use a gun, because frankly, melee/Sweep kicks is what made ground so much fun for me, without it, it'd lack the appeal for me, and it's really efficient as well, with some know-how and proper thinking. I just ignore these people, although... most of them just leave me alone & pretty much shut up once they see me once or twice in action. :D

Melee is very high risk, high reward. Which suits me just fine. When it comes to Bug Hunt Elite, whether you have a gun or just your bare fists (or a lirpa or bat'leth), you're going to die fairly quickly anyway... so I don't see the harm. Bio-Tech Siphon has really made melee viable for Bug Hunt.

I do still carry a pistol for dispatching NPCs who get caught on the canyon walls and pestilents who aren't flying close to the ground. Some things you just can't drop kick. :D
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Melee is very high risk, high reward. Which suits me just fine. When it comes to Bug Hunt Elite, whether you have a gun or just your bare fists (or a lirpa or bat'leth), you're going to die fairly quickly anyway... so I don't see the harm. Bio-Tech Siphon has really made melee viable for Bug Hunt.

I do still carry a pistol for dispatching NPCs who get caught on the canyon walls and pestilents who aren't flying close to the ground. Some things you just can't drop kick. :D
    Well, my build is tanky, I can take so much abuse, that I can pretty much leeroy jenkins anything. But, that's how it works for me. I don't in fact, use any standard sets, as it doesn't compliment my idea of my build. Borg STF's, I don't die unless the team reeeeally screws up and I aggro more than I can chew. BHE, admittedly, my tox dmg is not my strongest, but as long as I watch out for the flying TRIBBLE, I'm generally fine. :)

• Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I'm not even going to bother replying. I had one typed, but it doesn't matter. Too bad I missed the memo when I signed up 2 1/2 years ago that only Tacs needs apply in STO.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    I'm not even going to bother replying. I had one typed, but it doesn't matter. Too bad I missed the memo when I signed up 2 1/2 years ago that only Tacs needs apply in STO.
    Heh, I often help newer players with ground STF's, as I figured, that it's a way for me to enjoy raised challenge of STF's, while helping others to improve as well.. Now, while I can take abuse, those newer players simply can't & then I have to go rezz them. :D I could use a Healer for my newbies.. so, if you ever feel up to it, feel free to add me, your abilities will be very much appreciated. :D

PS: Never let anyone to discourage you from playing the way you enjoy! :D