test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove Faction Restrictions from Defera

knightnbluknightnblu Member Posts: 104 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Klingon Discussion
It is high time that faction restrictions be removed from Defera. As the bugs have gotten worse, it has become more and more difficult to find teams for hard missions there. By removing the faction restriction, KDF and Fed can join teams. This is not without precedent in canon.

The Federation and Empire may be at war, but they have worked together against the Voth and fight side by side on Defera against a common foe. This also makes sense given the events on Qu'nos with the Iconian introduction. It is either that or a total re-write of the coding and revamp of the area.
Post edited by knightnblu on

Comments

• icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    knightnblu wrote: »
    It is high time that faction restrictions be removed from Defera. As the bugs have gotten worse, it has become more and more difficult to find teams for hard missions there. By removing the faction restriction, KDF and Fed can join teams. This is not without precedent in canon.

The Federation and Empire may be at war, but they have worked together against the Voth and fight side by side on Defera against a common foe. This also makes sense given the events on Qu'nos with the Iconian introduction. It is either that or a total re-write of the coding and revamp of the area.

instead of killing faction independence with this cross faction teaming BS. why not request they fix the game so players come back to playing the game? instead of breaking the factions down why not request that we be divided further with unique items and abilities to give people a reason to play other factions.
    instead of lumping us all together in argala make other location viable playing locations once again.

breaking down even further what was working is not the answer they need to roll back some of this new stupid stuff that is killing the game.

allot of the new stuff isnt that bad but the bad stuff introduced along with the good has been very bad. take the bad out and the good stuff will shine.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    icsairguns wrote: »
    instead of killing faction independence with this cross faction teaming BS. why not request they fix the game so players come back to playing the game? instead of breaking the factions down why not request that we be divided further with unique items and abilities to give people a reason to play other factions.
    instead of lumping us all together in argala make other location viable playing locations once again.

breaking down even further what was working is not the answer they need to roll back some of this new stupid stuff that is killing the game.

allot of the new stuff isnt that bad but the bad stuff introduced along with the good has been very bad. take the bad out and the good stuff will shine.

I categorically disagree. Anywhere the story has both sides working together, players from both factions should be able to team.

But I'm perfectly happy to keep places where they're not working together as red v. blue.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    I categorically disagree. Anywhere the story has both sides working together, players from both factions should be able to team.

But I'm perfectly happy to keep places where they're not working together as red v. blue.

Agreed 100%.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    why would you want to team with feds? kdf steamroll defera with 3 man teams pretty much as the rule. feddies? they will stand around however long it takes to pick up that 5th fabrication engi guy. you must really hate success and a crack team if youre wanting to team with feds lol

/channel_join KDFDefera
    edited January 2015
    hell i did defera solo untill they nerfed the bridge officer beam in bug. but sure tear down the walls and remove yet another reason for new people to play KDF side.

i say lets go back to war. let the kdf have the cobra necked vauds as allies.

open season on federation scum, and talaxians in general just for the way they treated Klingon warriors as errand boys/girls during the horrible fed biased new missions in DR.

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hell i did defera solo untill they nerfed the bridge officer beam in bug. but sure tear down the walls and remove yet another reason for new people to play KDF side.

i say lets go back to war. let the kdf have the cobra necked vauds as allies.

open season on federation scum, and talaxians in general just for the way they treated Klingon warriors as errand boys/girls during the horrible fed biased new missions in DR.

I'd come back to STO if they let me kill kobali zombie scum. But not foundry TRIBBLE where I can get stuck 36 million times by taking one step and then if I get unstuck I fall thru the floor another 37 million times before I die and respawn in mid air again and constantly die.
  • xarkavierxarkavier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cross faction teaming already exists for queued STF's.
    I don't see the issue here, I think teaming up at will in the various open combat locations (Defera, Dyson zones, Kobali etc erc) would be pretty cool and it would be a welcome plaster to help address the open wound that is this games gradual decline in player numbers.
  • gqandigqandi Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just in my opinion... Being able to team up together on anything other then Story Missions Obviously would be alot more easier... for example.. My Main Fleet on the Fed Side also has one on the Klingon Side. We are always trying to get people to play the Klingon Side but with being able to team up for both STF's and Ground would be awesome... Sometimes we just don't have enough people on to do a private STF... Idk just my thoughts..
    edited January 2015
    gqandi wrote: »
    Just in my opinion... Being able to team up together on anything other then Story Missions Obviously would be alot more easier... for example.. My Main Fleet on the Fed Side also has one on the Klingon Side. We are always trying to get people to play the Klingon Side but with being able to team up for both STF's and Ground would be awesome... Sometimes we just don't have enough people on to do a private STF... Idk just my thoughts..

but you see thats the proble, you say your main is fed the few of us that main KDF dont like feds. so for you fed lovers sure its ok to make nice nice with the other faction but for those of us who dont even play fed side not so much. so every time you feds cry to make some a little eaiser for yourself like your used to having it. it just takes more away from others.

edited January 2015
    xarkavier wrote: »
    Cross faction teaming already exists for queued STF's.
    I don't see the issue here, I think teaming up at will in the various open combat locations (Defera, Dyson zones, Kobali etc erc) would be pretty cool and it would be a welcome plaster to help address the open wound that is this games gradual decline in player numbers.

yeah or they could jsut let us kdf take our bridge officers with us and do the mission instead of having to drag you feddy bears along for a free ride.

• davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, congrats to you KDF players that can steam roll with just three players. I primarily use a KDF character or KDF allied Reman but I can never seem to find a team to do the hard missions.

The BOFF bug was a temporary stop-gap measure while it still worked and I wish they would restore it.

I wish for those of us who are supporting the KDF but are NOT the power gamers did have the ability to cross-team. It hurt no one. The three man KDF team can still dominate, it just gives some of us who are not so lucky to work with a team.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2015

Remove them from everything

The KDF and Feds are allies
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • gqandigqandi Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Quote From:icsairguns
    "but you see thats the proble, you say your main is fed the few of us that main KDF dont like feds. so for you fed lovers sure its ok to make nice nice with the other faction but for those of us who dont even play fed side not so much. so every time you feds cry to make some a little eaiser for yourself like your used to having it. it just takes more away from others."

I can see your view... and maybe we could make a option for those who wish to disable the option if it ever became a option... It just seems with all the new content... ESP Dyson/Koboli/STFs/Argala... The missions where they are "allies" in the situation... a whole lot better experience and better options for those who would like to team up. I am more of a Klingon (Ferasan) Faction man myself.. I also have a "alt main toon" as a Fed.. (just in case I want to switch it up a bit) in all honesty though it just would make it a better experience in a whole. And for those who wish to not have anything to do with it, just disable it.
    jellico1 wrote: »

Agreed! :D
  • dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It should be an option. If you prefer to team up cross faction, you should be able to. If you prefer not to, that's the other option. In places like Defera, there are usually people waiting to do hards on both sides. Never enough of 1 faction so why not make it easier for people who WANT to finish the missions! It hurts no one to allow cross faction teaming. It is after all a game and it should be less problematic to complete missions and storylines!

As for getting the bigs fixed so more players will come back or to attract new players....really? If they haven't fixed it by now, it's probably not on their to do list. If you don't want to team with other factions...don't! No one is twisting your arm!!
  • e8f7a409e8f7a409 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wouldn't mind the game to allow for cross faction teaming, with one condition.

Every time a KDF and KDF aligned Rom does so the character gains a 'race traitor' token or similar. These are endlessly cumulative. At the start of every day the game picks at random a number of those characters tagged as 'race traitors' and for exactly twenty four hours three things happen: Their title is changed to 'race traitor,' all KDF NPCs become hostile to them, and they can be freely attacked by KDF and KDF aligned players wherever they find them. Social zones? Battlezones? STFs? It's all fair game. If a 'race traitor' dies at the hands of a KDF or KDF aligned player at least once during a day in which he's picked one of his 'race traitor' tokens is removed, but no matter how many times a 'race traitor' is killed by KDF players in a single day only one token will be removed. At the end of every day KDF and KDF aligned characters receive an amount of refined Dil based on both how many 'race traitors' they attacked during the day and how many killing strikes they landed. For the purpose of this calculation attacking the same 'race traitor' twice counts as attacking two different ones as long as the 'race traitor' died at least once in between, and killing the same one several times counts each as a different killing blow.

Every day the game will decorate First City with maimed, mangled corpses based on the appearance of the 'race traitor' characters who lost a token the previous day, and whenever the NPCs wander near one they will shower abuse and humiliation upon them. Players who landed a killing strike on a 'race traitor' will receive a fashion item in the likeness of the character's cut head forever frozen in a most pathetic expression, which they can display hanging from their belts or their sashes through a new tailor option.
  • dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Uhhhh.....not unless there was a way to decline participation. Some people just want to play the game without having to deal with excess anything. They like playing how they want to play not being forced to play by the rules set for elite players.

The best thing Cryptic could have done was set options for difficulty beyond what they have available. Beginner, intermediate, advanced, expert and elite...for the whole game. All get similar rewards with beginners getting fewer than the next level, etc. (This includes PVE.) That would have probably brought more new players into the game than anything else they have done. And it might have even brought old players back....you know the ones...they got tired of having to respawn every other minute!!
    edited January 2015
    e8f7a409 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the game to allow for cross faction teaming, with one condition.

Every time a KDF and KDF aligned Rom does so the character gains a 'race traitor' token or similar. These are endlessly cumulative. At the start of every day the game picks at random a number of those characters tagged as 'race traitors' and for exactly twenty four hours three things happen: Their title is changed to 'race traitor,' all KDF NPCs become hostile to them, and they can be freely attacked by KDF and KDF aligned players wherever they find them. Social zones? Battlezones? STFs? It's all fair game. If a 'race traitor' dies at the hands of a KDF or KDF aligned player at least once during a day in which he's picked one of his 'race traitor' tokens is removed, but no matter how many times a 'race traitor' is killed by KDF players in a single day only one token will be removed. At the end of every day KDF and KDF aligned characters receive an amount of refined Dil based on both how many 'race traitors' they attacked during the day and how many killing strikes they landed. For the purpose of this calculation attacking the same 'race traitor' twice counts as attacking two different ones as long as the 'race traitor' died at least once in between, and killing the same one several times counts each as a different killing blow.

Every day the game will decorate First City with maimed, mangled corpses based on the appearance of the 'race traitor' characters who lost a token the previous day, and whenever the NPCs wander near one they will shower abuse and humiliation upon them. Players who landed a killing strike on a 'race traitor' will receive a fashion item in the likeness of the character's cut head forever frozen in a most pathetic expression, which they can display hanging from their belts or their sashes through a new tailor option.

And THAT is hazing. You sir are a hater. Get over yourself.

Fortunatly, I highly doubt that the programers will ever implement it.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2015

i think this is a brilliant idea!
    i love it.
    edited January 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

maybe i was just seeing red with anger but at what point did we actually become allies? an end to hostilities unfortunately yes that is true but i still don't remember this alliance you speak of.

edited January 2015
    davidwford wrote: »
    And THAT is hazing. You sir are a hater. Get over yourself.

Fortunatly, I highly doubt that the programers will ever implement it.

its not hazing to Klingons. stop pushing federation standards on the Klingons it is a mmoRPG after all. would only be hazing and wrong if the person behind the keys was being treated as the actual traitor.

and to take a line from all the lovers of this new content. if you dont like the new content dont play it.

come on this is actually a good idea. if would give us warriors something to do and a more loatherd enemy to vent our frustrations on than you feddy bears. i mean feds and rommies are bad enough but a traitor is lowest of the low .

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    maybe i was just seeing red with anger but at what point did we actually become allies? an end to hostilities unfortunately yes that is true but i still don't remember this alliance you speak of.

Frankly they've effectively been allies since "Devil's Choice" when they fought together to keep the Elachi away from New Romulus. It's been Teeth-Clenched Teamwork against mutual enemies ever since. And it's been made official since Delta Rising dropped.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited January 2015
    now when ever a fed lover tries to define an alliance, cease fire, joint task force, or even fighting a common enemy in a combined front' i just think are they really this naive. Other than out right alliance can be achieved even by enemies if the proper conditions call for it.

and i know that with DR the new mission treated KDF like no way i can even describe to show how horrible it was doing them once. but i still have not gotten my orders from high command to start taking open handed slaps to face from federation lovers and not kill them on the spot.

and i just can not accept that the high command would not jump at the chance to gain the Vaudwuaar as allies instead of the federation. I mean we are an Empire we don't adapt to others we conquer them.

so ok you want a cease fire fine, I can stop shooting unless provoked but we are supposed to still be Klingons. and i dont wanna hear well im an orion or gorn or what ever, those species are part of the Empire now and as such expected to act as Klingons. unless you want to toss all we know about klingons from canon out the airlock, and in that case it is no longer trek.

with that said if it is no longer trek its just a generic sci fi game and none of the debates or arguments matter anymore.

SO if you really want the generic game keep asking for more unification and erasure of the Klingon culture to have your happy little utopia. or let the differences in the species that make star trek what it is meant to be thrive.

• elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Every time a KDF and KDF aligned Rom does so the character gains a 'race traitor' token or similar.

So help the Aliance and get branded a Race traitor, do you also get branded a traitor for directaly disobeing the orders of the Klingon High Council if you fire on them?

Man being a Klingon warrior in an Aliance joint operation must be stressful, everything is treason.
    :D
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Frankly I was hoping for a KDF civil war that allowed the player to either cross-faction team or continue to play as a fed-hating KDF member as a matter of choice.

Now it seems less important since the KDF is slowly being eroded away.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Frankly I was hoping for a KDF civil war that allowed the player to either cross-faction team or continue to play as a fed-hating KDF member as a matter of choice.

Now it seems less important since the KDF is slowly being eroded away.

That would actualy be pretty cool, same with Romulans joining the Tal-Shiar or Feds joining....okay I don't know what would be their equivilant, the Terran Empire or something.

But of course that would mean rewriting half of the game, which is already having trouble supporting 2.5 factions....
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited January 2015

No remove the restrictions all together.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • e8f7a409e8f7a409 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    and i just can not accept that the high command would not jump at the chance to gain the Vaudwuaar as allies instead of the federation. I mean we are an Empire we don't adapt to others we conquer them.

This.

Particularly given how reminiscent of the whole Gorn debacle the Vaaudwaar situation was.

It wasn't even necesary to have the Feddies and the KDF be enemies: Just have each focus on a different part of the conflict, sharing most missions but having also a few unique to each, the Feddies focusing on the Kobali and the KDF focusing on the Vaaudwaar. Then at the end the Feddies get all xoxo with the Kobali and the KDF conquers the Vaaudwaar under the same pretenses they conquered the Gorn before. That way both get their own foothold in Delta and win something for themselves while doing it.

It really comes to show how little Cryptic cares for the KDF, and to remove any doubt the only reason the KDF exists is because the contract demanded so.

But the same could be said of LoR. The player should be able to choose one among two Romulan leaders to throw his or her lot with (between D'Tan and Sela, or maybe between the Republic and the renegades in the Vault, or maybe between D'Tan and a RSE Admiral turned warlord trying to reunify the Empire under his own rule) and both Federation and Klingon Empire would recognize a different one as the 'legitimate' government of the Romulan people as part of the ongoing hostilities between the two powers. Then D'Tan can choke on fat and veiny Vulcan roosters as much as he wants.

But then it is Cryptic's fault only as much as it is the fault of all the bleeding heart liberals to be found among Trek fandom, who seem to believe if at the end of the episode everyone isn't holding hands and singing kumbaya while their respective cultures are reduced to a collection of cute souvenirs, lolsorandum foodstuffs, and funny vignettes it isn't true Trek.

Contrary to popular belief IDIC stands for 'diversity within clearly defined constraints in politically correct combinations.'
    edited January 2015
    its not hazing to Klingons. stop pushing federation standards on the Klingons it is a mmoRPG after all. would only be hazing and wrong if the person behind the keys was being treated as the actual traitor.

Except, you are thinking "in-game" I am not. That is hazing players, not characters. It takes the who "name and shame" to a level of abusive behavior. This isn't about applying Federation standards to the Empire. Your suggestion is to abuse those players who choose not to cleave precisely to your strict definition of what is "acceptable" play. I pity you that you are so contemptuous of other players.
    edited January 2015
    davidwford wrote: »
    Except, you are thinking "in-game" I am not. That is hazing players, not characters. It takes the who "name and shame" to a level of abusive behavior. This isn't about applying Federation standards to the Empire. Your suggestion is to abuse those players who choose not to cleave precisely to your strict definition of what is "acceptable" play. I pity you that you are so contemptuous of other players.

it is not a strict definition of what is acceptable it is a pretty well laid out in canon that klingons are a warrior race that will usually get into a fight at the drop of a hat. Klingons\KFD has everything taken from us and given to the other faction the ONLY THING Klingons have left is the culture. But because some people want it to be like the fed side we cant even have that.

why do you not want the KDF to be different? does it take away from your fed side gameplay at all? as a fed would you know or notice any of that was going on?

What is a pity is that you can not step back from the keys and separate yourself from a game charector a little.
    i dont think that system would work at all but but its not hazing any more than any other type of pvp is would be. faction wars? in kerrat a few of us would taunt others from the other faction . now i may hate that toon they were playing but some of them are damn good players.

carlosspiceywiner used to be in my kdf fleet he had multiple toons both in factions and was into PvP pretty good, not best but not nearly as bad as i was at it. but when he played his kdf toons we got along great , soon as he switched to fed side it was name calling and war time.

so really the pity is to those that can not separate reality from the RPG nature of the game, and the sad part is that it seems from the way the game has been going that type of player outnumbers the other type.

edited January 2015
    So help the Aliance and get branded a Race traitor, do you also get branded a traitor for directaly disobeing the orders of the Klingon High Council if you fire on them?

Man being a Klingon warrior in an Aliance joint operation must be stressful, everything is treason.
    :D

thats kinda the point. nothing they are doing KDF makes any sense at all. so yeah very stressful