test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We play the same game, right?

marcel314marcel314 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1354251

The Cure Applied:
Decreased IKS Kang’s HP and Damage in Advanced mode.

What damage?
Do we and the devs play the same vesion of sto?

The devs are from the mirror universe, why else would they nerf adv. queues if those are dead already? Killing = healing , nerfing rewards = buffing rewards in their universe.

We all must cry for nerfs, then they will buff it.
Post edited by marcel314 on

Comments

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Obviously not, since "The Cure Applied" is the ground mission. So unless the Kang make a sudden apparition, which would be awesome, I don't see why he is getting nerfed :)

The Cure Found is the space mission. I heard they plan to nerf Armek for that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Apparently, players are being too successful in "The Cure Applied" (Found perhaps???).

Cryptic is trying to reduce the success to a more acceptable percentage (well... at least for Cryptic). That ideal success rate is 0.05% so that people would need to potentially replay that STF thousands of times in order to get a single success.

That is an awesome way to force people to log into the game and get them to play STO for an excessive amount of time. Cryptic should have come up with this idea earlier to boost their metrics!!!

I think they should also sell one BNP in the C-Store for 1,000 Zen and if you buy the "BNP 2-Pack" you pay the special discount price of 2,500 Zen.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    'Decreased IKS Kang’s HP and Damage'

Likely resistance i.e. less health less resistance just to make the damage even more damaging.

I dont get why they are making old DEAD/dying content harder.. with lesser rewards?
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But then you didn't link the explanation from the developers: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1354311
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    But then you didn't link the explanation from the developers: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1354311
    Why start by nerfing the few played queues ? Why not start by buffing the un-played ones ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Thing is though I normally am a VERY VERY strong supporter of STO and DEVS etc but this is a really upsetting setback I'm starting to see what people have told me and always dismissed about this game.

I just pray to god that these changes do not make Holo.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Plus, Bug Hunt didn't exactly need a boost in rewards.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Pretty much what erei1 said. If you want people to play the other queues, why don't you start by improving rewards across the board? Especially in terms of XP so they're not constantly grinding Argala.

pwgroverclvlnd's explanation is nonsensical at best. Try more carrot, less stick next time.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Is that suppossed to help? sorry but this looks like another NERF bat...why beat a dead horse? Ohh boy...more nerfing coming along :rolleyes:
  • Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Wow, just wow.

This is hilariously ironic, do you think people didn't read that explanation? They read it and they just don't like it.

And you didn't even read the OP comment. If you did you'd realize what he's talking about is that Kang doesn't even appear in the STF you guys typed.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_The_Cure_Applied

Honestly I wasn't even going to comment on this whole topic I was just fine to roll my eyes and let it go, but c'mon.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I just want to point out that the last time you pulled a Cryptic on us, by changing the XP rates after DR, it was also said to be part of a larger update about XP.
    We've seen the nerf, and are still waiting for anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    x10110100 wrote: »
    Wow, just wow.

This is hilariously ironic, do you think people didn't read that explanation? They read it and they just don't like it.

And you didn't even read the OP comment. If you did you'd realize what he's talking about is that Kang doesn't even appear in the STF you guys typed.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_The_Cure_Applied

Honestly I wasn't even going to comment on this whole topic I was just fine to roll my eyes and let it go, but c'mon.

There's an answer for everything...whether you believe the logic behind it...up to you...by that token...is the moon made of cheese...up to you? :P

The error was on tribble notes...should have been "found" instead...however, the OP was targeting the NERF rather than semantics.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It would help if the dev tracker wasn't acting up and missing posts from devs and community team members from PWE or Cryptic.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Linking the explanation from the Devs about this change isn't going to improve the situation.

I'd have a lot more respect for the development team if they were more open and direct about the motives behind changes such as these. For example: why would the developers care what queues we play? What difference does it make as long as players are playing?

A bit of honesty about THAT would go a long way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015

You mean the explanation that literally says what everyone is complaining about? That players were actually successfully completing those STFs that got nerfed? And this was a bad thing, because...?

Again, as everyone here is saying, if you really want to bring player participation in all STFs to equal levels, have you ever considering bringing the tougher STFs down to the level of the ones that were seeing such high success/completion rates?

I know the idea of having players actually successfully complete STFs, and have fun doing so, is apparently a horrifying concept, but that's how you get people to genuinely want to play your content, without forcing them to do so. Try to pigeonhole them into playing only what you want them to play, or attempt to frustrate them enough that they'll pay money for shortcuts, and I think you're going to increasingly find that most people will take the path of least resistance and not play at all. The diminishing number of people in the ques in general should be proof of that...but what do I know? Obviously, I do not have access to the mystical "metrics" ya'll apparently do....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    These changes don't particularly affect me. I don't see crystalline being a problem until they double the HP of the entity (next round of 'fixes') and keep the timer the same. I only play Cure very occasionally. I suspect this change will make pugging it impossible.

But I really can't wait for the howling if and when bug hunt is made impossible. Now that will be quite a hoot and a holler. I suspect that will go live very quietly on the 29th along with the fix for the full auto weapons - which actually is a fix - but will still not be popular.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    marcel314 wrote: »

The devs are from the mirror universe, why else would they nerf adv. queues if those are dead already? Killing = healing , nerfing rewards = buffing rewards in their universe.

We all must cry for nerfs, then they will buff it.

Thats Bizarro World not the Mirror Universe.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where can I get Mirror universe STO?

You know, the one in which we explore strange new worlds and civilisations rather than seeking out new races to kill in their millions. Where content that's not played gets buffed, not nerfed, where the game is balanced and pvp thrives.. Where the devs come to the forums and talk to the players...

I'll stop dreaming now...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's quite clear that they don't want people succeeding in the pugs with their current builds. It's all about forcing people to spend more on upgrades.

The bad news is that no matter how much we spend, as soon as we get good at any map, they will just increase the difficulty to force us into another round of upgrades.

Welcome to the new STO.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015

For all the 'sense' that 'explanation' makes, you may as well have just posted a picture of a dancing hippopotamus in a tutu and called it a day.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited January 2015

That's not an explanation that's just stating what's been done. It doesn't explain why.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    SSDD I see well I'll be sitting back watching with popcorn until this trainwreck of a title gets fixed. Smh wow just wow...

Terrible. You're right though these people running the place don't seem to be gamers at least not mmo gamers and they seem to live in their own universe when it comes to the realities that players face.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015

this is no explanation ... this is just an announcements of what its done
    it does not explain anything about why such a bull**** is done and why once more the players are being punished by the devs.

actually i have to state it more exactly... its a very stupid announcement
    not only for the fact that the information in there is plain wrong but also for the fact it in no way offers a solution for the terrible situation on the server

but yeah... what should we expect from stupid developers which dont even know their game... developers which announce changes on the IKS Kang on a mission where the IKS Kang does not even exist... developers which announce to decrease the hp and damage of this ship while this ship never in history of the game has done any damage in cure found/applied.
    such a high level of stupidity is really impressive and reflected by the terrible state of this game

2014 was an aweful year for the players of STO and it seems like you will continue this way in 2015
    by ruining this game.... a game that you actually dont even know
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    rtk142 wrote: »
    That's not an explanation that's just stating what's been done. It doesn't explain why.

What this guy said, that is not an explanation in any sense of the word.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    What this guy said, that is not an explanation in any sense of the word.
    If they did explanations that made sense, they wouldn't be Cryptic anymore.
    (Pun intended)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Explanation?? Here's the only relevant bit of "explanation" from that thread
    Another round of PvE queue updates have been made and are making their way to Tribble for extra testing. This particular batch of updates has focused on increasing difficulty for queues that are being completed at a higher rate than expected and decreasing rewards for queues that have been over-rewarding as compared to the reward levels we have established across all PvE queues. We expect that these will be the only queues changed in such ways during this first pass of updates. As mentioned previously, this is an ongoing effort to improve STO and this update (and those that came before) are not the entirety of what will be done.

Let's break this down...

increasing difficulty for queues that are being completed at a higher rate than expected

So Cure Space, Crystalline Catastrophe are being completed at a higher rate than you expect? If you're going to use this as justification then perhaps you'd mind sharing what you feel the failure rate for this mission should be? I'd also like to throw this out there... premade teams are going to continue to have a 100% success rate. The only groups that contribute to your "fail rate" are PUGs, and the fewer PUGs that attempt these missions the higher the success rate will be. The effect of this change will be a reduction in participation with a percentage increase in successful completions.

decreasing rewards for queues that have been over-rewarding as compared to the reward levels we have established across all PvE queues.

Care to share the specific PvE queues that were used for comparison? Also, while we're on the topic of "explanations" care to share what you feel is a reasonable acquisition rate is for the rewards?

Sorry, but trying to throw out that the OP didn't link to that sad paragraph of an "explanation" doesn't really help the devs case on justifying this to be some type of improvement.

Close the spreadsheets, forget the metric data, and hop in game as regular players and PUG CSA and CC for a few days and then base your changes on first hand experience rather than data mining.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,406 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's supposed to be a certain ratio of failure?

I guess that explains why I don't play queues.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    If they did explanations that made sense, they wouldn't be Cryptic anymore. Pun intended.

tell that one to those who are blindly discussing data numbers from steam charts and saying...nothing to see here..Dont trust those numbers and all is rosy/cheeky here....keep grinding.

tell that to the hardcores who are flaming posts with some of the disgruntled playerbase. Those will be here till the servers go off and still saying Best ...fill in blanks....Ever.

tell those who are backing up Mr EP....I give you that one...dont take it to DEVs...they are normal working people like us and will do what a boss tell them. If you have a dispute with how things are going... say it to management through social network, facebook or twitter.

tell it to the silence majority...myself included. We dont exist and have no voice since most of us have moved on already..muted/banned and the like :)...a few of us remain and hope this will turn around but we are not fanatical about it like some.

Hope is measured in actions not words from following a blind end :D
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It wasn't an explanation, it was a simple statement of what they were going to do, not why they were going to do it. Rewards are pathetically low as it is, removing any of them just isn't a good idea at any time..
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Linking the explanation from the Devs about this change isn't going to improve the situation.

I'd have a lot more respect for the development team if they were more open and direct about the motives behind changes such as these. For example: why would the developers care what queues we play? What difference does it make as long as players are playing?

A bit of honesty about THAT would go a long way.

A lot of sense here.

To be honest, the post from pwgroverclvlnd is a bare explanation at best. It just says we're nerfing guys, but no real reason behind the nerf. Well by the look of various threads and in game chat, you're actually nerfing the fun for people.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.