Install Arc
Options

We play the same game, right?

13»

Comments

• Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd just stop the comment right there. Might as well eliminate the "Quick Play" option.

Star Trek Online: Hardcore "Go Pro or Get Bent".

More like "Pay, Grind, or Get Bent."
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More like "Pay, Grind, or Get Bent."

Definitely the more accurate statement
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for making the Crystaline Entity less rewarding, so I have to do it even more. ;)
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Only DR content I've played after one run through has been Dust to Dust. Everything else, meh...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This discussion will never be ended , what I see nobody ask right questions.

Did Cryptic made this game interactive enough ?
    Did Cryptic made NPCs/IAs more intelligent ?
    Why the game is so limited and controlled for the some systems , and on the other side flooded with bugs old as game core it self ?
    Why the UI is so small minded with out any technological and graphical improvement ?
    Why we all go to gamble on the fixed table again and again and again.................... ?
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    To patrickngo
    Very good elaborate very good

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zntech wrote: »
    To patrickngo
    Very good elaborate very good

Agreed . with two caveats :

1) Unlike when STO went F2P , Cryptic now seems to have a real issue spelling out where they are going .
    During F2P it was simple : "we are looking for the casual player" .
    The term "casual" was mentioned often by Geko , and it was pretty clear from the STF cut-up's to the UI revamp to the 15 minute "coffee break" timed missions that they wanted everything to be easy .

Now we come to the age of DR , and ... -- well , I'm not sure if this will make sense , but the way Cryptic acts is like someone with a split personality .
    One personality hates being taunted by certain DPS players who post videos and DPS benchmarks , while the other goes ahead and pours on the sauce that allows for even more DPS .

The only telling sign is that they no longer talk about what kind of player they are looking for .... , because (to me) it seems like they can't admit to whom they are currently catering to .
    Virus dancer put it nicely in the PVP forums :
    Geko: We're going to address powercreep with Delta Rising.
    Geko: We're going to blow your minds with powercreep in Delta Rising!

2) Another thing is a further look upon their income .
    We think "Cryptic income" and we usually think either "ships" or lockboxes .

Well , if we look at ships , I think that it was noted that we are in a new era now , an era where Cryptic have had to quit standing on the "classics" and had to start out on their own ... , as they have run out of classic ships to sell (but don't worry , they still re-sold it to you with a "T5U" designation , and they will do so again I think when "T6 Fleet Variants" will debut) .

But the main point is that they have run out of the classics and that meant three things :
    a) they have to stand on their own designs now .
    b) they have to adjust the game once more to counter those who are here for the classic look with those who just want a shooter game in space -- and this is where I see their silent (aka not talked about) appeal to the DPS crowds .
    C) they have to diversify the product (see the ton of TRIBBLE offered in lockboxes these days aside from ships & Lobi) .

So in the end ... , to me the latest FE was part of that "split personality" that Cryptic wear these days .
    The FE screamed "see , we're still all about the Star Trek !!! " , while what they offer to sell silently screams "see , we're all about the OP / DPS / Starlord / Darth Vader / generic space shooter !!! " .

... anyho , thanks for the read patrickngo , 'twas fun ... , sad but fun ... :o
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But then you didn't link the explanation from the developers: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1354311

Here's the part I'm wondering about:
    This particular batch of updates has focused on increasing difficulty for queues that are being completed at a higher rate than expected

Can you go into more detail about what sort of expectations/goals you guys have with respect to success and failure rates for queues? Because it looks, to me anyway, like you want players to fail more often than they succeed.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's the part I'm wondering about:

Can you go into more detail about what sort of expectations/goals you guys have with respect to success and failure rates for queues? Because it looks, to me anyway, like you want players to fail more often than they succeed.

It looks to me like they want a couple to be very high as the bait. Then the rest are being tuned to pug success of 10% or less. You play the bait and think if you upgrade fully you can do the rest also. If that ever actually begins to happen the football - err goalposts - are moved once more - using some sort of pathetic excuse.

Others have nailed it - the game is no longer for trekkies. We have spent most of what we will spend. Now it is for gamers/high spenders.

There is also the concept of forcing rage purchases - which was the entire design concept of BGO. We are approaching that point now.

I must also say that I just finished my run of Undine Infiltration, Bug Hunt, Rhiho Station, and Transdimentional Elite with 100% success. I would say that the first anniversary weekend was just particular bad for pugs.

Yes these missions are much harder. The lieutenants in transdimensional are the tough round. Spawnmother is tougher. But I would say if the weekend groups will improve by 50% they can still solve these missions reasonably. Will that happen. I would say doubtful which will drive them from the game.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Having 5th anniversary like this one is sad, unfortunately we are witnessing C longtime Shovelware of this game and this will never end. So no matter how we try to act in order to move things with C and game to better is doomed.
    And it is pity that no one from C will consider good and wise writings from this thread.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]