test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rep Project Stops at 76%?

feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Academy
Would someone explain how this is possible? It has been my observation that you cannot start a project without ALL of the necessary contributions, so how does one suddenly stop at 76%?

http://i.imgur.com/fy2Xs1U.png
Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
* With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
Post edited by feordilagorge on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay...

um... it's 76 percent completed to begin the project.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How is it you've played for nearly 2 years and don't know such a basic thing about the game?
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That percentage is how "funded" the project is, not how complete it is (that's shown as a countdown to completion when it's running).

It's at 76% because you haven't filled one input, the 30 marks.

Different inputs are weighted differently - early on with the fleet system 1 input was 1 input for the completion and it made weird things, where a project like this would show 99% completed because 1 expertise was weighted the same as 1 mark. The weights are still kind of nonsensical, the marks are the most significant input but only account for 26%, but they're also pretty unimportant anyway and this is better than the marks being 0.002%.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Would someone explain how this is possible? It has been my observation that you cannot start a project without ALL of the necessary contributions, so how does one suddenly stop at 76%?

This is a false assumption. You can start a project without ALL the necessary contributions, and add them on the installment plan...
  • Options
    rainbowwargamesrainbowwargames Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you can star the project without having ANY of the required items and just have it sit at 0% filled forever if you wish.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    How is it you've played for nearly 2 years and don't know such a basic thing about the game?
    Um... Notice there is no countdown timer. The project is halted.

And you can't begin a project, have it reach 76% and then stop.
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    hevach wrote: »
    That percentage is how "funded" the project is, not how complete it is (that's shown as a countdown to completion when it's running).

It's at 76% because you haven't filled one input, the 30 marks.

Different inputs are weighted differently - early on with the fleet system 1 input was 1 input for the completion and it made weird things, where a project like this would show 99% completed because 1 expertise was weighted the same as 1 mark. The weights are still kind of nonsensical, the marks are the most significant input but only account for 26%, but they're also pretty unimportant anyway and this is better than the marks being 0.002%.

I don't start projects unless I have 100% of the materials.
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    {redacted}
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited January 2015

There is no timer because the project hasn't started yet. The timer won't start until everything that is needed for the project to start has been contributed. Since you have yet to donate the marks, the project can't start, hence no timer.

The picture you took is showing the percentage of items contributed, not time left to completion.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2015

You haven't met all the requirements
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited January 2015

The project has not started yet.

The progress means the amount of resources you have devoted to the project at this point in time. The project will not start until it is 100% funded. You need to allocate 30 Undine Marks to the project before this 20 hour project will begin. You have not allocated any Undine Marks to the project; therefore you have only allocated 76% of the necessary resources for this project.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    pst... add the 30 undine marks to the project and see what happens
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    iamynaught wrote: »
    There is no timer because the project hasn't started yet. The timer won't start until everything that is needed for the project to start has been contributed. Since you have yet to donate the marks, the project can't start, hence no timer.

The picture you took is showing the percentage of items contributed, not time left to completion.

If that were the case, there'd be a "Contribute" button, which there isn't. That's because I added you it already and started it and witnessed it in process.

Thanks to those legitimately trying to help but those just insulting me without knowing what you're talking about should just shut up.
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The contribute button is greyed out because you have 0 marks. Even just 1 mark would light up the button
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    If that were the case, there'd be a "Contribute" button, which there isn't. That's because I added you it already and started it and witnessed it in process.

Thanks to those legitimately trying to help but those just insulting me without knowing what you're talking about should just shut up.

The "Contribute" button is there for the Undine Marks. However, it is greyed out. That generally means you do not have any Undine Marks to contribute to the project. You must play a PVE queued mission that will reward you with Undine Marks so that you can contribute them to the project.

PVE queued missions that reward Undine Marks are:

- Undine Assault
    - Undine Infiltration
    - Viscous Cycle
    - Borg Disconnected
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Earn your 30 friggin' marks and finish filling the job... ffs...
  • Options
    edited January 2015

okay, I'm calling this guy a troll.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Again, in the picture you posted, it shows that you have not contributed the marks for the project.

It does show that you have contributed the required amount of Expertise and thus says that portion is filled, 2,000/2,000. It also shows that you have contributed the required amount of Energy Credits for that portion and that is also filled, 15,000/15000. These 2 items being filled brings you to 76% of the needed items in order for the project to start.

You have yet to contribute the 30 needed Undine marks, which is why it shows 0/30 marks being contributed. The Contribute button is there, but it is greyed out due to you not having any Undine marks. Once you contribute those 30 Undine marks the project will start because the required items needed for it to start will have reached 100%.

Then and only then will the 20 hour timer begin its countdown to completion.

It is possible you did donate the marks. There may have been a server hiccup at that exact time and your marks could have flown off into the digital ether instead of into the project. It's not very likely, but I will choose to err on the side of the player.

But with the evidence you yourself have supplied, it does show that those marks, one way or another, have not been contributed and thus, the project has not started.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2015

You did this time.

It's not halted, you didn't finish putting materials into it.

Ok, and for proof, I did this on my lunch break while eating at McDonalds on my laptop, so the graphics suck, but the UI is readable enough:

http://i60.tinypic.com/fz0wtv.jpg
    This is what a project looks like when you don't have enough materials. Note it's 76% complete, no timer, contribute button grayed out, and note I have no marks.

http://i62.tinypic.com/28vtz7n.jpg
    This is what a project looks like when you do have enough materials, but have not yet filled it. 76% complete, no timer, this time the contribute button is lit up because I have 65 marks.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2r26lon.jpg
    And this is what a project looks like when it's actually in progress. 100% complete, countdown timer, everything's filled, and now I have less marks.

There is no countdown timer until you are 100% complete. The completion counter only advances with contributions. A gray contribution button means you do not have the materials. You can slot a project without all the materials. A personal policy of not doing so does not prevent you from doing so, whether it's accidental because you slotted two and spent all the marks on one, or because you have Delta marks and slotted a Dyson project, or because you just wanted to create another silly thread like.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,551 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Earn your marks, get set, GO!" ;)

Undine space battlefiled in the Dyson sphere also gives undine marks. You first capture nets 65 I think.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited January 2015

The annotated pic explains
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The OP has either:

A) a unique bug that no one else has come across, or

B) failed to grasp a basic concept of the rep system.

Leaning toward B.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »

Huh... Interesting, I did not even notice that it states "New Romulans".

In any case, 8472 Counter Command is clearly the highlighted rep system and the player does not have any Undine Marks to contribute to the project.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Yes, but you cannot actually start the project, see the countdown timer dropping from 20 hours and then come back the next day and see it at 76% and no timer. That's my point.

Do I really have to specify here that I put 30 marks into this project? This should be obvious. What would the point be to waster EC and Expertise if you did not have the Marks?

YES, I HAD THE MARKS AND I PUT THEM INTO THE PROJECT.

That's why I made the post.
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »

That happens whenever you switch between projects without clicking on the status page for each rep. It's a display bug only, and its an 8472 project rather than a Romulan one
  • Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes, but you cannot actually start the project, see the countdown timer dropping from 20 hours and then come back the next day and see it at 76% and no timer. That's my point.

Do I really have to specify here that I put 30 marks into this project? This should be obvious. What would the point be to waster EC and Expertise if you did not have the Marks?

YES, I HAD THE MARKS AND I PUT THEM INTO THE PROJECT.

That's why I made the post.

You didn't even post a picture of what the project actually looks like.

Screen capture of the actual project

The image you posted has clearly been edited, and not edited well. There is a second image visible behind the image that is showing (look at the left edge of the Undine picture), and it has the wrong text on it.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    psyloaf wrote: »
    That happens whenever you switch between projects without clicking on the status page for each rep. It's a display bug only, and its an 8472 project rather than a Romulan one

Only the text stays. There is a visible image edge in the screen capture the OP posted that does not appear when switching in that manner.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    The OP has either:

A) a unique bug that no one else has come across, or

B) failed to grasp a basic concept of the rep system.

Leaning toward B.

You seem to have failed the concept of average thinking.

I used 30 marks on this project. I started the project. The project has a LARGE COUNTDOWN TIMER starting from 20 hours. It does not do that unless you have ALL the requirements.

You are the type who would also tell me that it isn't possible to have two of the same ship in my hangar. Or to have four science consoles on a shuttle, and you would be wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/dti5Mx7.png

You might also say that there could not be a D'Kyr ship in my Bridge Officer's clothing editor, in which case you would be wrong again:

http://i.imgur.com/ioJFJIM.png

I have actually played this game on and off since February of 2010 and I find bugs like this every day. Like the bug I pointed out over 3 years ago about the ship pitch keybinds being backwards, which many people did not believe me then either. They eventually fixed that recently. How about the fact that the duty officer in my sig just disappeared from my account? How about the Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive I had that also vanished?

http://i.imgur.com/2Qmd3.jpg

Yeah, I was told that was a "bug" in my inventory. Right.

You probably haven't noticed that for four years the camera zoom controls in space are 80% wrong. The keybind labels and their actual functions are:

Zoom Out Slow = Zoom In Slow
    Zoom In Slow = Zoom Out Slow
    Zoom Out Medium = Zoom In Medium
    Zoom In Medium = Zoom Out Medium
    Zoom Out Fast = Zoom Out Fast

Well, at least they got the last one right.

Please think twice before assuming you have more grasp of things than I.
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    velktra wrote: »
    You didn't even post a picture of what the project actually looks like.

Screen capture of the actual project

The image you posted has clearly been edited, and not edited well. There is a second image visible behind the image that is showing (look at the left edge of the Undine picture), and it has the wrong text on it.

What an idiot.

Like I have the time or desire to try and "Photoshop" a fake image for a game just to try and gain 30 marks. Please.

Okay, here's the "unedited" version, because if I wanted to fool someone, I'd obviously modify things to make it look more fake.

http://i.imgur.com/OYrrLWM.png

The fact that the screen was messed up is just more evidence of bugs.
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *