What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rep Project Stops at 76%?

2»

Comments

• feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hevach wrote: »
    Yeah, you keep saying that, while showing us evidence that you didn't and insisting that you play under specific self-imposed rules like you never start a project unless you have all the inputs (which itself is called into doubt by you even having 0 marks to begin with, regardless of what did or did not happen to the project in progress). Your post history is a long history of you experiencing exotic "bugs" that definitely boil down to careless mistakes and not paying attention, and ones that are much easier explained by carelessness and inattention than some exotic one-time-only bug that only affected you.

I'll just let the other posters say what I should have rather than putting in the good faith effort: Grind your marks and fill your project.

Yep, and I photoshopped all those other screenshots and I modified the game code so that only my keybinds are backwards. Very clever of you to spot that.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes, but you cannot actually start the project, see the countdown timer dropping from 20 hours and then come back the next day and see it at 76% and no timer. That's my point.

Do I really have to specify here that I put 30 marks into this project? This should be obvious. What would the point be to waster EC and Expertise if you did not have the Marks?

YES, I HAD THE MARKS AND I PUT THEM INTO THE PROJECT.

That's why I made the post.

If you started the 20 hour project by allocating all the necessary marks, EC and XP the previous day and then logged into the game today only to find what you have seen as depicted in your 1st screen shot, then it seems you have encountered a bug and you should report it to the GM if you have not done so already.

If this happened to me, I would simply cancel the project and try it again since the loss of EC and XP are minor for my toons. But it could be different for you. The only "pain" would be getting another 30 Undine Marks. It would be my hope that it was just a one time fluke. If it happens a 2nd time, then I would be concerned.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wow this thread gave me a good laugh.

Op I have a question for you, what mission did you run to get exactly 30 marks. Cause the first mission each day gives you 55 or more just from the daily bonus.

Anyway thanks for the laugh.

Run one capture in the Undine space zone, get your 55 marks and drop in the 30. Otherwise nice troll attempt.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am extremely confused at the problem here.

Now you have zero undine marks. The project is 76 percent complete, requiring 30 undine marks. Your inventory says you have ZERO marks.

We do not see an issue. Now if you had undine marks in the inventory and it didn't light up to let you contribute then there's an issue. Try getting undine marks and see if the problem goes away...

At level 50, you can start any of the bloody reputation projects, ANY of them. Regardless of if you have the required materials or not. They are done in two stages. Stage one, which you're in, is where you start the request to begin the project. You fill in the required materials. It's not a doff mission, it's a reputation mission in which you must complete all the requirement before being able to start the timer, however you can get the request for the project started without having all the required parts. You just need all the parts to complete it, in which case there's a timer, either 1 hour or 20 hours depending on what you slotted for. At the end of that timer, you get the reward and the right to start a new one.

Just humour us, go get 30 undine marks and then before contributing said 30 marks, take a photoshot of it and show us. If it says you've got the marks, yet you can't contribute then you've got an error. Right now NOBODY sees any issues.

yes, the shuttle is an issue, agreed, but the undine reputation, at this point in time, there's no bug that ANYONE can see.
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am extremely confused at the problem here.

Now you have zero undine marks. The project is 76 percent complete, requiring 30 undine marks. Your inventory says you have ZERO marks.

We do not see an issue. Now if you had undine marks in the inventory and it didn't light up to let you contribute then there's an issue. Try getting undine marks and see if the problem goes away...

At level 50, you can start any of the bloody reputation projects, ANY of them. Regardless of if you have the required materials or not. They are done in two stages. Stage one, which you're in, is where you start the request to begin the project. You fill in the required materials. It's not a doff mission, it's a reputation mission in which you must complete all the requirement before being able to start the timer, however you can get the request for the project started without having all the required parts. You just need all the parts to complete it, in which case there's a timer, either 1 hour or 20 hours depending on what you slotted for. At the end of that timer, you get the reward and the right to start a new one.

Just humour us, go get 30 undine marks and then before contributing said 30 marks, take a photoshot of it and show us. If it says you've got the marks, yet you can't contribute then you've got an error. Right now NOBODY sees any issues.

yes, the shuttle is an issue, agreed, but the undine reputation, at this point in time, there's no bug that ANYONE can see.

I'm not going to pursue this because a lot of people have a problem with perception. Do I need to spell it out? I put the marks in and filled them up, all the way up, up to the top. So full, I could not put more. I started the task, watched it run from 20 hours, 19h 59m, ...

I quit the game. I came back the next day. It was like that. Don't believe it? I don't give a TRIBBLE. It happened, like the thousands of other bugs in the game. Like the Kobali Split Beam Rifle where the "Rifle Butt" skill doesn't work. Guess you'll say I'm making that up too.

Forget it. I'm done.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • sentinelbluesentinelblue Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Done with this thread or done with the game and have uninstalled?:cool:
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Just a guess, but maybe there was some sort of game lag and the server hadn't registered you inputting the marks before you logged out.

Also, I will point out that you didn't actually say in the first 2 1/2 pages of this thread that you had activated the project, logged out, then returned to the image shown. And the image clearly shows the project exactly as it would be with no marks put in. It's not that people did not believe you... you never said that in the first place.

No, it IS that people don't believe him. When his first explanation made it pretty clear what the problem was, he tried a new one. When that one made it more clear, he claimed he never slotted projects without enough marks, which of course means he should almost NEVER be able to get down to zero marks. Since then he's just been crying wolf on a bug he refuses to report, which only affects him despite being a gamebreaker that should affect two of the most heavily used progression systems in the game, and which morphs precise symptoms every time one of his posts is shown to be nonsense, then bumping a thread that nobody cared about for two months in order to try a slightly new set of symptoms.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think I see the problem (with the thread, that is) - it's a misjudgement of tone. Tone isn't easy to get right, in a text post where lots of non-verbal cues aren't visible.

In this case, a number of readers haven't "got" what the OP intended, and have answered his "how can this happen?" as if he's asked "how can this thing do what this thing have done, I is not be understanding of this?"

Whereas he actually knows what's happened - that he's been hit by some server glitch which has rolled his progress back to before the project was filled - and his "how can this happen?" is more along the lines of "How? How can a loving God permit this travesty? Satan rises from his abyss to perform a mocking dance upon the shrivelled corpse of Justice!"

There may be lessons to be learned from this. Um. Or not. On the whole, probably not.

(I should probably sympathize with the OP, because this sort of game glitch does happen and it's annoying. But the overly earnest tone of most of the posts here has brought out my silly side. Sorry.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
    edited March 2015
    well, the screenshot he showed, showed that he had no extra marks.

so, that's why people were not getting what he said... because his own screenshots provided, showed he had no extra marks. so if he had extra marks as he just claimed, then the OP would had those extra marks show up in the screenshot.

if the problem is what he claims it to be, then he should had said "I got the extra marks, but it's not letting me put it in." then provided a screenshot with extra marks. but since the screenshot showed he didn't have the extra marks...

I dunno, maybe his english sucks
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Something like, he started both hourly and daily projects but only had enough marks to finish one, then the next day he imagined this bug that wasn't really a bug?

That still means he's wrong of course. Admit it and move on :)

I've clicked through several reps quickly before and not started one of them when I thought I had -- drag, click, drag, click, drag, click, close to open another rep. Later I noticed I was short of marks so it never started. Another time an alt had ran out of credits so it didn't really start.

Neither one ws "a bug" just me not fully paying attention because I was on automatic pilot.
    edited March 2015
    Something like, he started both hourly and daily projects but only had enough marks to finish one, then the next day he imagined this bug that wasn't really a bug?

That still means he's wrong of course. Admit it and move on :)

I've clicked through several reps quickly before and not started one of them when I thought I had -- drag, click, drag, click, drag, click, close to open another rep. Later I noticed I was short of marks so it never started. Another time an alt had ran out of credits so it didn't really start.

Neither one ws "a bug" just me not fully paying attention because I was on automatic pilot.

that's likely what happened