test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STILL - No Dscount - Sigh

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
Well I have been through all my charaters and still no 40 Q-Photo discount for any of them for any of the ships I have already aquirted on other characters.

I have read the release notes and done what the say to do but still no discount.

Perhaps it will fix it self but right now no joy.

If and when it corrects I'll make a follow up post.

Submitting TICKET now.

UDPATE - Fixed. A few players recommended changing instances. It took a few hops but it finally worked. Thank you Cryptic for fixing the bug.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stating the obvious:

You spoke to Q...
    You changed instance/ logged out and back in?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    worked fine upon logging in and following the instructions in the patch notes.
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Worked perfectly for me.

Silly question: You have claimed the ship on one of your currently existing characters for the full 1,000 haven't you?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh also, the char you are talking to Q with, should be the one that you originally claimed the ship on
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I talked with Q, changed instance, log in and log out and still the Chell ask for 1000 pictures..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    log in with the char with which you've unlocked it in the first place, which should unlock it to all the other characters of your account automatically. Worked for me though.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You logged in on a character that has the particular ship unlocked from the box and active in their list of ships. Upon logging in with that character, you did not see the message pop stating that it would be discounted. You went to the Winter Wonderland, spoke with Q, and then changed maps. After changing maps, the message still had not appeared and the ship still showed as requiring 1000 instead of 40 when you checked on that character.

Then post in the Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forums instead of General Discussion so you actually let the folks know that need to know...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    You logged in on a character that has the particular ship unlocked from the box and active in their list of ships. Upon logging in with that character, you did not see the message pop stating that it would be discounted. You went to the Winter Wonderland, spoke with Q, and then changed maps. After changing maps, the message still had not appeared and the ship still showed as requiring 1000 instead of 40 when you checked on that character.

Then post in the Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forums instead of General Discussion so you actually let the folks know that need to know...

Ive done that and still.. 1000 pictures.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    eltatus wrote: »

Long shot: Did you try hitting it with a stick? (yea.. I am out of ideas)
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They said the tooltip may still show 1000 photo's needed, the the project requirement would only take 40 if the discount applied.

...I'll bet if you upgraded your Breen ship it doesn't register as being purchased, so the discount won't apply.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Another cryptic failure..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Then Frost & Co. need to know about it in the Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forum, right?

Posting about it in General Discussion isn't going to get it addressed unless a mod notices it and passes a message along to them...vs...posting it in the forum where they look.
  • Options
    xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I unlocked all three ships for all of my toons. The patch works for me too.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    ...I'll bet if you upgraded your Breen ship it doesn't register as being purchased, so the discount won't apply.

Nope... I upgraded mine, and the discount applied on all my 7 alts as of today.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ok, I just need it to open de ship box. Now it worked.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    after 6 and half hours of maintance they still didnt fix the discount that is in the patch notes. talk about incompetent people.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Curious... Well... as long as it works.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2015

World double face-palms and, I myself slams head on keyboard!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    Nope... I upgraded mine, and the discount applied on all my 7 alts as of today.

Good news. I was almost tempted to leave those 2 ships crated on one toon till they got this fixed. All my toons have Chel Gretts from 2 years ago- upgraded, so I can't test those.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Yeah, I don't recall them saying anybody had to do that...but I don't trust Cryptic. I don't trust that they could search inventory to see the box or that they would find it in the bank if it was there. Figured they were likely checking the actual ship list...and went that route.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    World double face-palms and, I myself slams head on keyboard!

I didnt want to open de box 3 years ago and I didnt want to open today with that char. They forced me to waste a ship slot.

Now, that is worth of a FACE PALM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    UPDATE -
    Thanks to a few players, I tried changing instnaces. It took a few jumps but fininally the unlocks started to process.

Thanks Cryptic for fxing the bug.

Now what happens if you buy more than one of the same ships?
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    works for me after talking to Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i opened the ships on 2 characters. i spent 1000 autographs on each. the second character should have only needed 40. so i should have recieved 960 autographs on that character and didnt.
  • Options
    cantoneverettcantoneverett Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I didnt want to open de box 3 years ago and I didnt want to open today with that char. They forced me to waste a ship slot.

Forced you to waste a ship slot? Unless you have an absolute ton of ships filling all of your slots, and they're all the kind that you can't re-claim, all that does is make you fill a slot for like 40 seconds, cuz then you can just delete the ship after getting the discount.

And it's not like deleting it is a huge waste - it only costs 40 pictures to get now!
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Apparently, if you wanted the ship, than it isn't wasting a slot!

Forcing you to open it to qualify for the discount, yes that is a crappy thing but, it still isn't a complete waste!

So, both deserve a double face-palm!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Forced you to waste a ship slot? Unless you have an absolute ton of ships filling all of your slots, and they're all the kind that you can't re-claim, all that does is make you fill a slot for like 40 seconds, cuz then you can just delete the ship after getting the discount.

And it's not like deleting it is a huge waste - it only costs 40 pictures to get now!

I can sympathize with eltatus. My main character has a ton of fleet ships which can't be reclaimed if dismissed, or lockbox ships with also can't be reclaimed if dismissed. T5-U ships' Starship Mastery works the same way.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2015

IIRC, there were several "fixes" in the patch. The backup fix would look for the ship and give you the discount if it found it. That implied to me that you had to have the ship unpacked.
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    swamarian wrote: »
    IIRC, there were several "fixes" in the patch. The backup fix would look for the ship and give you the discount if it found it. That implied to me that you had to have the ship unpacked.

That might be the case I had it unpacked on the one toon that ran the race and bought it at the vender but this year I also reran it on another toon fearing that there would not be a fix in time.. In any case I just logged in first with the toon that ran the race this time and the discount was applied thanks cryptic.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited January 2015

If it is now unlocked dismiss the ship and pick up another for 40. Or to be safe pick one up for 40, leave it boxed and dismiss the ship in inventory. Claim any consoles from the Reclaim tab that you may want before you dismiss. Buy Plesh Breks pets that you may want from the store also if you do have the Sarr Theln and you have the Plesh unpacked as well before dismissal.

All eight of my characters have an extra boxed Breen ship of all types in the event I need to dismiss to make dry dock room.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns