test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Giuve me reasons why I should play Startrek Online again?

Comments

• Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hell, I'm trying to find a justification myself for why I even bother to log in, do a few contra-farming doff missions, then log off.
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because we all want to know which bug will kill the server for the last time. :P

Best answer! :D
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    adventarc wrote: »
    Im listening folks! Im still deciding to go back Eve Online or World Of ********...:D

Isn't it interesting to note that PWE is so insecure & petty that they auto-censor even the mention of "that other game"?
  • Options
    kenthendkenthend Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    If you don't want to play then that's fine. Nothing on this forum will make you change your mind.

I wish you well in the future.

I agree with the above quote!
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No-one 'should' play any game.

The only reason anyone plays any game is because they want to play.

Since you asked you obviously want to play. Seeing as it's free and there is nothing stopping you playing a few hours, deciding it's not fun and leaving again, you might as well play and make your own mind up.
  • Options
    talpar1talpar1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    what I can't stand is those players that say stuff like "cya" "bye" "can't convince you to stay" so long. don't let the door hit you on the way out..arrogant newbs! Don't you know for every player in the player base lost to the game, the game is that much closer to closing?! then what will you and your enormous egos do when you try to log in to what you think your king over and its been taken down to lack of player base. I detest players like yourselves. arrogance has no bounds with you short sighted people.
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i will be frank and honest here to anyone returning to STO , if you like the story take a week play the story content, after that the true grind/ work starts then walk away till the next story update .
    to be honest i find the endgame to be more work than it rewards . and for any player not actively playing your behind the mark at this point without alot of work and resources to dish out you wont be able to play the same game as before .
  • Options
    herachristherachrist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    radakill wrote: »
    This sounds more like SWTOR or RIFT, the MMO immature player magnets. Its why I dont play either of those games, even if the game itself is worth playing.

Give GW2 a spin if you want a nice community and a game that is overall, pretty fun. You wont escape the daily grinds there, but, it still has a nice atmosphere.

I loved RIFT in the early days, but yeah, now it's filled with nerd ragers and jerks, and PvP is just an endless grind for gear.

I also really didn't appreciate how the game completely nerfed my favorite Cleric soul (Warden) just to nudge players toward purchasing the new souls. Warden was the most beautifully designed healing spec in any MMO I've ever played, and it was a joy to play.

FWIW I only played SW:TOR when it launched, and quit about a week later when it became abundantly clear that BioWare was out of their depth and had no concept how to create an MMO, much less how to design PvP. That's also a shame because I really enjoyed their version of instances, but the rest of the game was such a mess.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    talpar1 wrote: »
    what I can't stand is those players that say stuff like "cya" "bye" "can't convince you to stay" so long. don't let the door hit you on the way out..arrogant newbs! Don't you know for every player in the player base lost to the game, the game is that much closer to closing?! then what will you and your enormous egos do when you try to log in to what you think your king over and its been taken down to lack of player base. I detest players like yourselves. arrogance has no bounds with you short sighted people.
    Uhhh, since the game is F2P, unless the OP is the type to spend actual money, Cryptic/PWE loses nothing by his absence.

But don't let fact stop the arrogance of your assumptions. ;)
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    herachristherachrist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also, I should give GW2 another try. I bought it at launch, and was very impressed with the graphics, especially those spectacularly-designed cities...but I think I was just burned out on that genre at the time.

But man, Lion's Arch and that other huge city (can't remember its name) with the park and palace in the middle...those were unbelievably gorgeous.
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    herachrist wrote: »
    FWIW I only played SW:TOR when it launched, and quit about a week later when it became abundantly clear that BioWare was out of their depth and had no concept how to create an MMO, much less how to design PvP. That's also a shame because I really enjoyed their version of instances, but the rest of the game was such a mess.

Not to mention the substandard character animations, rather dated looking graphics, and really, a choice of three body types in the character generator? What is this, 2000?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Im listening folks! Im still deciding to go back Eve Online or World Of ********...:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIBcarAwsjw
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    If you don't want to play then that's fine. Nothing on this forum will make you change your mind.

I wish you well in the future.

Agreed. Personally, I don't really care if you stay or go. You either like the game, and you'll play, or you don't, and you won't. Difference is, you'll be spending money to play those games again. But, if you've got the income, go for it.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I don't have to giuve you anything, adventarc. Nor does anyone else.

If you can not decide for yourself what you want to do with your free time and your life then you don't deserve an answer.

Weigh your recreational choice on a scale and find what is most worth your time.

Think for yourself, hon.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Just do so ... move on for a while ... maybe things might get better if enough people leave ... right now I'm getting more enjoyment out of an 2,50€ Steam-Sale Game, 80h+ ... more than DR PVE ever provided ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Looking through the forums you will see a lot of complaints, but I see that in all forums!
    ..words..

You might also want to check Facebook (tracking 80% negative), Twitter, Reddit, Massively and private blogs.

The game isn't all bad.

Since the player base has been reduced, the exchange and R&D systems appear to be faster! And the queues are never overloaded with long wait lists.

Our fleets no longer have useless hanger-ons that use our precious provisions.

Really who needs an active community?
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Who gives a rats rear end if you come back or not. In fact does us all a favor and don't as you sound like an attention ***** troll with a superiority attitude when in reality you are muh at best. God knows there are more then enough of them playing it as it is.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,390 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I cannot give you "a reason to play STO."

I can tell you why I play, if you insist, but those reasons are mine, and should not be considered as binding on anyone else - or convincing to anyone else.

If you can't find your own reason to play a game, don't. It's a game. It is here to entertain. If it entertains you, wonderful! Hope to see you around the galaxy! If it doesn't, then cut your losses and find something that does. Life's too short.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because it's Star Trek.
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wonder where Craptic is getting all its whales if all the Lifetime Account Holders are leaving?

One thing most of you do not understand is that adult customers are not that profitable. Parents dump a TRIBBLE ton of money into their kids games. My sister spends at least $300 a month on toys, mostly video games. You tap the stupid parent market and you hit gold.
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I'll Giuve you one reason to stay......
    Loading Please Wait.......................
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Uhhh, since the game is F2P, unless the OP is the type to spend actual money, Cryptic/PWE loses nothing by his absence.

But don't let fact stop the arrogance of your assumptions. ;)

If you think cryptic doesn't need a player base you are too dumb to even talk to. If player base was unimportant they never would have started F2P and kept a subscription model. Who are all the whales going to show off their epics too? Or gank in Kerrat? You do know what an STF is? You need 4 other players to start one....
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rekurzion wrote: »
    Because it's Star Trek.
    Because I 'm here? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can give you a reason to play: because it's free

I can't however give you a reason to spend money on the game.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    its not up to the payers who enjoy the game to convince you to play because what one player might like another will not, if you don't like the game the way it is then don't play only you can make that choice.
    personally I like the game just fine for many reasons, but that's just me.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because ... Seven of nine .
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    its not up to the payers who enjoy the game to convince you to play because what one player might like another will not, if you don't like the game the way it is then don't play only you can make that choice.

I disagree with this, sometimes when you're burned out on a game or don't know if you want to play or why getting someone else to tell you why they like to play can open up a new angle on the game for example someone burns out on dps, lets say they were like that Ryan guy who parsed 17k in a torp build NX (I still call that claiming the rest of the team's APB and speed work as his own), they've mastered the ways of dps which is the most boring thing ever (in my opinion) and they've got bored of their two minute ISAs... Someone suggests to them making modest dps lolz or canon builds, that could be what brings the fun back to the game.

Ultimately I think what other players find to be fun about a game can be very influential.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015

If you wish to play a Star Trek-themed MMORPG, you have little choice.

If you wish to play ANY MMORPG, you have a wide variety of choice.

In the end it is you who must decide. We can not make the choice for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Ultimately I think what other players find to be fun about a game can be very influential.

I like spreadsheets, notepad++, and watching numbers scroll by under a moonlit sky.