test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Captain's Table

2»

Comments

• vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Captains Table is simple a waste of assets in the game, it is just a stand alone empty instance.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They already have your money. No incentive to add anything.
  • malhado#1299 malhado Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If developers want to turn the Table a lifetime sub's advertising you should do this:

FOR SUBSCRIBERS:

- Vendors, as stated before;
    - Ship selection and other services in one place would be awesome, too;
    - Exclusive missions that gives cool stuff. Nothing OP, but maybe a tribble, a weapon with cool design, etc. Repeatable missions that give som sort of token (please, do not fill our bags!) would be nice, too, like we have on Q's Winter Wonderland. We would be able to purchase stuff there if and when we feel life it;
    - A designer to customize your weapons shape and colors, or merge the appearance of a common phaser you like apply to your actual phaser (transmogrification) ;
    - More cool character appearances, with actual iteration.

FOR FREE PLAYERS

- One mission or a small set of missions to show them the place (with one or more improvements I said here) that would give a fun or cool prop, for them to get the taste of being a lifetime subscriber, but without letting them in the actual table the subscribers are (crowding is not the goal, here).
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    a cooldown free transwarp to the captains table and a transwarp hub to every sector + your fleet starbase.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In Champions, the equivalent of the Captain's table is the V.I.P. lounge.

except there really is no equivalency. both are only accessible to those players that have dealt out a huge chunk of cash, but there's actually a reason to go to the vip lounge in champions--it's where hardcore gamers go for free (as in, you've already paid for it) powerups and heal pots. It also has the shortest distance between market, bank and mail access in the game.

There is no equivalent reason to go to the captain's table, meaning that as an extra incentive to buy a lifetime membership, it fails completely. there is a close market-bank-exchange spot, with a vendor nearby but not as close as say, starbase 39 or drozana station.

Really, the only advantage it gives is accessibility to some of (not all of) the food and drink you need to get accolade titles, like 'Master Chef' from the shipboard doff assignments. To me, this means the captain's table ends up being just another corner grocery market, without an incentive to visit it or an incentive to buy that lifetime membership.

Yes, some of the foods that are offered there are hard to find elsewhere, but they are not exclusive items, and can be found elsewhere. now if you could use food during combat, then there might actually be some reason to go there, as you can in champions, to stock up for battle.

for a vendor, let's see some hypos that heal and buff and are not available elsewhere, and a commodities vendor with the lowest prices for all commodities in one place, so the next time my fleet slots a project I don't have to fly all over creation to get the lowest prices.

Another thing that would increase the appeal of the place would be to throw in some unique sharable missions (dill reward maybe?) Section 31 and its rom and kdf equivalents do tend to turn up at dinner parties, meaning the captain's table should be a place of intrigue, not an all you can eat buffet on paper plates. you could drop in an entire chain of missions with new accolades/titles, or perhaps the same thing for doing the missions so many times...

Similarly, doff missions like the missing missions from the links broken with the shutdown of the exploration zones could be added (intel missions become particularly appropriate here). and maybe some new doff missions with rewards like ancient power cells or salvaged tech...

and there should be a dance floor too...er, havn't been there in so long I've forgotten, is there one there?