Install Arc
Options

2 out of 3 Breen ships does not give discount

2»

Comments

• Options
    danvetdanvet Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can also confirm this bug, no old pictures used as missed all previous events.

Discount only unlocks on T6 carrier, which gives the appropriate system message. The Raider and Warship do not.

Suboptimal
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hordequest wrote: »
    You know how long it takes to do a comparison query over billions of entries? Not to mention the logistics of checking inventory and ship slots, then checking inventory space for empty slot if adding or checking mailbox space for mailing..etc. This would break the game further potentially and leave more tickets to sift through.

How about leaving the solutions to the actual programmers? lol. They've done it before so it should be like that..talking to a NPC that queries your character for the item then applies the global unlock or item to your character. Clean and simple.

Not sure why they haven't bothered to do this already. But, then again, I shouldn't be surprised since they still haven't fixed the search function on Exchange to work properly and that's been broken since..oh..beta.

The simplest 'fix', would be to simply reduce the cost of the Chell Grett/Plesh Brek to 40 Photos for the duration of the event. Its probably not the most desirable solution for Cryptic, but I imagine it would require the least work by far.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm thinking it has to with something with event. I had discount for raider because I unlocked it last year. So I ran the other 2 to unlock and was able to unlock discount for only one of them (carrier because I completed that first before cruiser). I have read other posts that they were only able to unlock 1 for discount and not the others when they ran all 3 this year.

So my question is those that have completed mission is the first one you did to complete was it the one that got the discount?
  • Options
    ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    The simplest 'fix', would be to simply reduce the cost of the Chell Grett/Plesh Brek to 40 Photos for the duration of the event. Its probably not the most desirable solution for Cryptic, but I imagine it would require the least work by far.

or they could just do it at the day right after they close winter wonderland so it is not abused
    jFriX.png
  • Options
    elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am not receiving a discount on the breen raider on my other toons as promised when I completed the project on one of my toons.

Please refund all the lobi, ECs and Dilithium I spent getting this ship.

I now have wait around for Cryptic to fix this bug which means THERE WAS NO POINT IN SPENDING THESE RESOURCES IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I want a refund - you did not deliver what was promised which was getting the ship quicker!

This, I spent LOBI to get the Chel Grett earlier so I could unlock on other characters, and now I can't get it on the character that I wanted to have it, kind of defeats the point of my using the LOBI, I'd love to get that back, I could have bought two ships instead from the LOBI store. :/
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the quest for the raider and warship both are bugged in that the middle reward... the unlock for the discount is not being applied when you complete the quest.

even if you have the discount now... when you claim a new ship for 40 pics the system message for the discount is NOT showing up... compare this to the carrier and you claim it on an alt for 40 pics... you still get a system message saying you got an account unlock for the discount.

seems before the start of the event they ran thru the system and gave everyone who did the previous event last year and gave em a discount for either the raider or warship.

however when they updated the 2 rep projects for the warship and raider to give a discount on completion ... they either did not code it properly or they borked it when trying to give discounts to those who did the warship the 1st year during a patch.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    they probably could just copy the tribble code over to holodeck as a quick fix before they go try to reconnect the year 1 fixed discount flag to the rep project, accidentaly breaking talaxian pants in the process.

if i understand what it does right, it'll check for the presence of the old t5/t5u ship on the character on talking to q, and if present give the discount system token to fix year 1 discount problems.

if it works with all ships, this should treat all those undiscounted ships people claimed as year 1 ships and unlock the appropriate discount when ship's present on the character that talked to q.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Figured I'd throw my hat into this ring as well. Working for the carrier, not for the other two. I know they listed the cruiser discount not unlocking as a bug, they haven't to my knowledge acknowledged that it happens with the raider as well, or stated that they have any intention of fixing either.
  • Options
    drsanitydrsanity Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think there are mutliple threads now reporting this bug but as I said in one other one, seeing same result.

Carrier unlocking correctly.

Neither the warship nor the raider are unlocking account wide appropriately.

I have faith it'll get fixed. :)
    "The only thing mankind learns from the study of history is that mankind does not learn from the study of history." ~G. Santayana
  • Options
    toxxelltoxxell Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm also having the same issue I unlocked all three ships the same day with different characters. Only the T6 carrier gave the actual discount on any of my characters, the previously available ships gave no discount.
  • Options
    bogbotbogbot Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just got the Chell Gret on my Romulan and none of my other characters can get the discount. They all say 1000 pics are needed in the progress bar. Account: @tazurensavulen

got chell , got carrier cant have plesh brek although claimed on other character today
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can confirm this. I have all three ships across different characters. But the other characters don't get any discounts for the Destroyer or the Raider. The Carrier discount works, but not the others.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    drsanity wrote: »
    I think there are mutliple threads now reporting this bug but as I said in one other one, seeing same result.

That's probably because it's been a known issue for weeks now and still hasn't been fixed. Squeaky wheel, grease, all that...
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    The Carrier and Raider works and the Chell works on Tribble... I don't know why they haven't pushed it to Holodeck yet.
  • Options
    kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Response from Cryptic:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

I understand that you are unable to receive the discounted price for the Breen ships after owning one. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we investigate and resolve this matter.

Regards,
    Eophian
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
  • Options
    dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah same problem here. I first thought I had misread it and the Carrier is the only one that gives the discount, but the Winter Event news/leaflet/thingy clearly stated on page 3(Starship):

"Once and Event Starship is obtained by any character on your account, the cost of obtaining additional copies of that same Event Ship is reduced for all other characters on your account!"

So all three ships should get the discount.
  • Options
    pokepark2pokepark2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yep, exactly same problem, got all 3 Breen ships on different characters, but only the Breen Carrier gives the discount. Hoppe this gets fixed soon, was really looking forward to using the Breen Carrier with PLesh Frigate hanger pets and all 3 consoles.