test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playtime in STO Approaching 0%

124»

Comments

• nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Each time I read someone's post about why they are fed up with STO, I generally agree with it. The really frightening part? A lot of these posts don't have a lot in common. At this point the reasons why the game is worth playing is so extremely short (and most of us are been there, done that) that I really can't see much hope.

Over the last year I've logged on, done the daily Doffing, rep, and then chatted. With DR I dropped my alt, a month later I logged in once every two days.. last week I had to force myself.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Each time I read someone's post about why they are fed up with STO, I generally agree with it. The really frightening part? A lot of these posts don't have a lot in common. At this point the reasons why the game is worth playing is so extremely short (and most of us are been there, done that) that I really can't see much hope.

Over the last year I've logged on, done the daily Doffing, rep, and then chatted. With DR I dropped my alt, a month later I logged in once every two days.. last week I had to force myself.

if it's that bad you should just stop logging on and go find something else. maybe check once every few months to see if anything changed. there is no good reason to force yourself to play any game period. and don't come to the forum either it'll just keep bothering you if you stick around.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Doffing is still playing. So my "playtime" has only dropped 90%. Though I did log in and park afk cloaked in Kerrat for the dailies. So someone is still playing or I wouldn't get credit for Kerrat.

The sheer number of LTS players commenting on this thread should be a wake up call to the devs, but if they don't get it by now then its literally Game Over.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    if it's that bad you should just stop logging on and go find something else. maybe check once every few months to see if anything changed. there is no good reason to force yourself to play any game period. and don't come to the forum either it'll just keep bothering you if you stick around.

but that would actually make sense
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited December 2014
    Been more than a month since i gave up on this game, after I wrapped up delta rep on my mains it was clear the devs weren't going to undo the horrendous damage they had done to the game in the near term. Now I only log in for 5 minutes to start crafting dailies in hopes the game becomes playable again someday.

It used to be great, very approachable, very skill dependent, very gear reasonable. You could say things like you don't have to spend a dime, you could get anything just by grinding with a straight face. What grind there was, be it the reputation system or trying to cap out dil refinement dailies, had a very solid feeling time/reward ratio. All that was destroyed with DR, aside from the high quality missions and story content, every other facet of the game was utterly ruined.

-suddenly there's this specialization system, with super powerful passives and actives, and the ability to train high end intel skills. All you have to do is run a patrol 1000 times per character, if you want the path of least resistance. This new grind, out of nowhere, with must have rewards, is larger than grinding from scratch the entire reputation system, and 50 times as tedious.

flat out unacceptable, period.

This is not the type of grind STO has, I’ve played it for 4 years, this is some foreign thing that in no way fits the established time/reward ratio ive enjoyed all this time. I will not tolerate a change like this, neither will the DROVES of people who have left because of it.

-upgrade system with gear effectiveness increases putting them somewhere in the range of effectiveness as mk 20-23 would be, while being called mk14. Playing any content in DR with unupgraded gear would be like using mk4-6 level gear in season 9. Without about a billion EC and million dil war chest, and level 15 crafting, you can’t participate in this system without converting hundreds of dollars into game currency. This is doubly awful, because not only does it truly make this game a whales only club, it leaves the game practically unplayable for everyone else with the difficulty changes.

The upgrade system isn't some epic journey to complete, that’s somehow its own reward like it’s a Greek epic or ST: Voyager or something, like a delusional dev tried to damage control explain. it’s a patch that goes live, and a line drawn in the sand between the haves and have nots that get to keep enjoying the game with their mk14 gear, and those that have an insurmountable cost and grind between them, and ever having a 'done' character again. A grind for resources somehow larger than the specialization grind, if that can be believed. If you can’t mk14 most your gear you CAN’T pvp anymore, that option was STOLEN from you. Your mk 12 gear doesn't even work as well as it did, cause all your targets got like 25% to 50% more hull then they used to, and mk14 weapons will kill you faster than ever. Can’t pug any pve other than normal, even though you can’t even get rep system gear without advanced or elite que rewards. They didn't ruin ground as much as space, sort of an intentional exploit they have given players because their game is so broken and mk14 dependent. Though they probably should unbreak the whole game, not use ground as a workaround.

-the difficulty level change is a down right incredible indicator at just how bad the devs are at their jobs. With a straight face, took their placeholder quality jokes they call npcs, and did nothing but crank up by orders of magnitude the hitpoints and base resistance levels, and called it a difficulty increase.

its little more than a scam to incentive you to drop hundreds on upgrades, and a disgusting number of hours doing the same patrols over and over again to max specialization. Only with all that does advanced difficulty seem reasonable, elite is still only doable by DPS dickstrokers overlapping FAW and stacking 10 copies of APB on all their targets. They actually thought pandering to these players vs the 99% that are much more casual was a good idea.

The way they made npcs more difficult has the side effect of devaluing everything but pure DPS even further. The ship types, and the station powers were all designed to fit together in player vs player content, where control, debuff and force multipliers will beat pure deeps every single time. But there is nothing to these placeholder tier npcs, there is nothing to debuff, and there aren't 5 of them to deal with, there's 10 or 20. Single target effects, peaks and valleys spike damage, these are all worthless when all your dealing with is a helpless balls of hitpoints. They have no effective hitpoints beyond their actual hitpoints, or effective damage beyond their base damage. Player ships, 80 to 90% of their effective damage or hitpoints depends entirely on ability cycling, so debuffs interrupting that have devastating effect. This is why the 'difficulty' change is so pathetic, the prototype for doing npcs right has existed in the form of player ships since the game launched. Their own ship and skill system isn't even applicable with the pve content, more than half the skills in the game are only useful in pvp. STO at its core is a competitive pvp game, with nothing but an epic proportion of poorly fitted garbage tier pve bolted onto it, and less than 0 pvp development, its uncanny.

This ineptitude, compounded by the order of magnitude increase of grind and required cost, have brilliantly ruined this game. I didn't even mention the addition of broken intel skills, tier 6 ships that are just an excuse to raise ship prices more than anything, and broken items like the neutroinc torp and iso canon, none of those things help ether. They couldn't have done a better job tanking the game if they tried, this is the SWG NGE debacle all over again, only its probably even worse, and will probably kill this game even faster.

kudos to you for taking a stand

been a month? don't come back yet. mind you, the game might vanish in the near term (1/1+ yerars), so be sure you make your peace with it.

I hope it doesn't, I hope things change. But, you know ...

it all depends on the people in charge, and for whatever reason, they seem determined to make a paywall mobile game or run it into the ground trying, and I don't think they care which way it goes. If the conversion works, win! If the game tanks they can just write it off and well, they no longer have the lifetime subscribers to worry about do they?

NGE was pushed forward as part of a group-think error. The big error was that they thought they really didn't have to care so much about keeping existing customers happy, because they were improving the game and they would get new customers. Problem was, all the people on the planet earth that wanted to play SWG, were already playing SWG. New customers didn't exist.

What's going on here isn't NGE-style-game-improvement. It's a conversion from f2p to paywall. That's much worse than NGE.
    edited December 2014
    kudos to you for taking a stand

been a month? don't come back yet. mind you, the game might vanish in the near term (1/1+ yerars), so be sure you make your peace with it.

I hope it doesn't, I hope things change. But, you know ...

it all depends on the people in charge, and for whatever reason, they seem determined to make a paywall mobile game or run it into the ground trying, and I don't think they care which way it goes. If the conversion works, win! If the game tanks they can just write it off and well, they no longer have the lifetime subscribers to worry about do they?

NGE was pushed forward as part of a group-think error. The big error was that they thought they really didn't have to care so much about keeping existing customers happy, because they were improving the game and they would get new customers. Problem was, all the people on the planet earth that wanted to play SWG, were already playing SWG. New customers didn't exist.

What's going on here isn't NGE-style-game-improvement. It's a conversion from f2p to paywall. That's much worse than NGE.

taking a stand? lol, against who, everyone else on this forum already agrees with this ridiculous piece of tripe

this thread is slowly becoming just like all the other circle-jerk doom threads

post1 "the game is TRIBBLE"
    post2 "yes I agree the game is TRIBBLE"
    post3 "the game isn't really TRIBBLE"
    post4 "GTFO poster3 you just a white knight apologist"

continued shouting down of post3 and agreement of OP ad nausum empty ques pay wall blah blah blah someone change the channel already
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    come join us in the Elite Dark Side :P

I am tempted. It is a long time since I have payed full price for a game. I am just waiting for a few more reviews before I dive in.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    I am tempted. It is a long time since I have payed full price for a game. I am just waiting for a few more reviews before I dive in.

add me as a friend on the forums and i can tell you anything you would like to know about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2014
    Yes, it is sad where we are now. All it would take would be a few modest changes (like making specs account bound) and increasing XP rewards for missions and replays to "mitigate" many of these problems.

Sadly, they are being hard headed about it.
    Been more than a month since i gave up on this game, after I wrapped up delta rep on my mains it was clear the devs weren't going to undo the horrendous damage they had done to the game in the near term. Now I only log in for 5 minutes to start crafting dailies in hopes the game becomes playable again someday.

It used to be great, very approachable, very skill dependent, very gear reasonable. You could say things like you don't have to spend a dime, you could get anything just by grinding with a straight face. What grind there was, be it the reputation system or trying to cap out dil refinement dailies, had a very solid feeling time/reward ratio. All that was destroyed with DR, aside from the high quality missions and story content, every other facet of the game was utterly ruined.

-suddenly there's this specialization system, with super powerful passives and actives, and the ability to train high end intel skills. All you have to do is run a patrol 1000 times per character, if you want the path of least resistance. This new grind, out of nowhere, with must have rewards, is larger than grinding from scratch the entire reputation system, and 50 times as tedious.

This is not the type of grind STO has, I’ve played it for 4 years, this is some foreign thing that in no way fits the established time/reward ratio ive enjoyed all this time. I will not tolerate a change like this, neither will the DROVES of people who have left because of it.

-upgrade system with gear effectiveness increases putting them somewhere in the range of effectiveness as mk 20-23 would be, while being called mk14. Playing any content in DR with unupgraded gear would be like using mk4-6 level gear in season 9. Without about a billion EC and million dil war chest, and level 15 crafting, you can’t participate in this system without converting hundreds of dollars into game currency. This is doubly awful, because not only does it truly make this game a whales only club, it leaves the game practically unplayable for everyone else with the difficulty changes.

The upgrade system isn't some epic journey to complete, that’s somehow its own reward like it’s a Greek epic or ST: Voyager or something, like a delusional dev tried to damage control explain. it’s a patch that goes live, and a line drawn in the sand between the haves and have nots that get to keep enjoying the game with their mk14 gear, and those that have an insurmountable cost and grind between them, and ever having a 'done' character again. A grind for resources somehow larger than the specialization grind, if that can be believed. If you can’t mk14 most your gear you CAN’T pvp anymore, that option was STOLEN from you. Your mk 12 gear doesn't even work as well as it did, cause all your targets got like 25% to 50% more hull then they used to, and mk14 weapons will kill you faster than ever. Can’t pug any pve other than normal, even though you can’t even get rep system gear without advanced or elite que rewards. They didn't ruin ground as much as space, sort of an intentional exploit they have given players because their game is so broken and mk14 dependent. Though they probably should unbreak the whole game, not use ground as a workaround.

-the difficulty level change is a down right incredible indicator at just how bad the devs are at their jobs. With a straight face, took their placeholder quality jokes they call npcs, and did nothing but crank up by orders of magnitude the hitpoints and base resistance levels, and called it a difficulty increase.

its little more than a scam to incentive you to drop hundreds on upgrades, and a disgusting number of hours doing the same patrols over and over again to max specialization. Only with all that does advanced difficulty seem reasonable, elite is still only doable by DPS dickstrokers overlapping FAW and stacking 10 copies of APB on all their targets. They actually thought pandering to these players vs the 99% that are much more casual was a good idea.

The way they made npcs more difficult has the side effect of devaluing everything but pure DPS even further. The ship types, and the station powers were all designed to fit together in player vs player content, where control, debuff and force multipliers will beat pure deeps every single time. But there is nothing to these placeholder tier npcs, there is nothing to debuff, and there aren't 5 of them to deal with, there's 10 or 20. Single target effects, peaks and valleys spike damage, these are all worthless when all your dealing with is a helpless balls of hitpoints. They have no effective hitpoints beyond their actual hitpoints, or effective damage beyond their base damage. Player ships, 80 to 90% of their effective damage or hitpoints depends entirely on ability cycling, so debuffs interrupting that have devastating effect. This is why the 'difficulty' change is so pathetic, the prototype for doing npcs right has existed in the form of player ships since the game launched. Their own ship and skill system isn't even applicable with the pve content, more than half the skills in the game are only useful in pvp. STO at its core is a competitive pvp game, with nothing but an epic proportion of poorly fitted garbage tier pve bolted onto it, and less than 0 pvp development, its uncanny.

This ineptitude, compounded by the order of magnitude increase of grind and required cost, have brilliantly ruined this game. I didn't even mention the addition of broken intel skills, tier 6 ships that are just an excuse to raise ship prices more than anything, and broken items like the neutroinc torp and iso canon, none of those things help ether. They couldn't have done a better job tanking the game if they tried, this is the SWG NGE debacle all over again, only its probably even worse, and will probably kill this game even faster.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Feel free to go f#ck off to whatever other game, hold a wankathon, get hit by a bus, whatever you feel like doing that isn't Star Trek Online, but don't bother us about it in the official forums for Star Trek Online. Have a nice life or whatever. But don't expect people to care about your whining, because the crybaby routine is beyond old and I for one have lost all patience with it.

Buhbye.

People can say what ever they want as long as it does not violate the forum rule. If you do not like it then don't read it.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    Add me as a friend on the forums and i can tell you anything you would like to know about it

Good timing, I happen to have a question!

Is there such thing as capital class vessels and fleet control in Elite? Either in game already or planned to be added in the future?

Most of these newer space sims seem to focus on fighter or smaller class vessels but I'd be interested in a worthy successor to X3 Terran Conflict.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My play time has increased considerably because its become necessary to grind the instances to earn EC and dilithium to upgrade all of the gear, ship and personal. I've been alternating/cycling Borg Disconnected and Crystalline Entity. I have nine more items/slots left on my Fleet T5-U K'tinga that need to go from Ultra Rare to Epic. most of these are weapon slots.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Good timing, I happen to have a question!

Is there such thing as capital class vessels and fleet control in Elite? Either in game already or planned to be added in the future?

Most of these newer space sims seem to focus on fighter or smaller class vessels but I'd be interested in a worthy successor to X3 Terran Conflict.

sent you a friend request
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, it is sad where we are now. All it would take would be a few modest changes (like making specs account bound) and increasing XP rewards for missions and replays to "mitigate" many of these problems.

Sadly, they are being hard headed about it.
    You have got to be kidding.... If spec was account wide, I'd have maxed all three simply by leveling to 55 on everyone....

honestly I think the main issue is the stupid amount of HP space npcs have on anything but normal.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2014
    nightken wrote: »

I guess you have no understanding of responsibility, friendship, family, but thanks for you ignorant opinion. There is more than just a game here.
    Delirium Tremens
    Nothing to do anymore.
    edited December 2014
    See this is the problem, you play these missions (when they are not bugged and you can actually finish) in order to upgrade your stuff so you can play the same missions again slightly faster so that you can upgrade your stuff slightly better so you can play these missions again .....etc etc ad nauseam.

Used to be that your reason for getting the best of the best was to be able to hold your own in pvp and hopefully win a few games, but as pvp is essentially dead now I see no reason to continue with the upgrade treadmill. You can already complete all the missions so why bother spending tons of time and resources trying to do them a little bit faster?

If content was gated on achieving a certain quality level in the game it would make more sense but as it stands now it's grinding for grinding's sake and that makes no sense to me.

isn't it obvious? its so eventually you can do elite so easily you can complain that there's no challenge in the game anymore and force the devs to add a whole new level of difficulty
  • eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    isn't it obvious? its so eventually you can do elite so easily you can complain that there's no challenge in the game anymore and force the devs to add a whole new level of difficulty

And beacose devs are so lazy, we are going to end up with NPCs with 1.000.000.000.000 HP instead or a real AI improbement.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    eltatus wrote: »
    And beacose devs are so lazy, we are going to end up with NPCs with 1.000.000.000.000 HP instead or a real AI improbement.

and that simba is the circle of life :D
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited December 2014
    Woof, derails are never pretty.

I can't tell what you are all about, unless it's just frustration with frustration? If you feel posting opinions here doesn't matter or you are just tired of it, get out and do something else. Or at least pick another forum other than general, which is going to collect discontent.

They need to split game suggestions out of general, general is too ... general.

It's true, it's true, these games are always someone elses sandbox, we just play in it. And these games go south and all over the place, it's just the way it is. But I have to say, I've never ever seen one turn so quickly and so violently. And if you think people aren't going to complain (A LOT) about that, well that's just not rational Bob. Even if, the complaints are just pissing in the wind.

On the plus side, the complaints mean that people actually give a ****.

As for paying full price for a game? Full-full price for this game is around the price of a used car.

That's ... insane. And that doesn't make for a playerbase either.

Sorry, the living room needs new carpet, no full price here.

Sure it's cool and it's star trek, but it's so thin, so thin, at least preDR there were ques to run around in your new shiny ships.
    edited December 2014
    See this is the problem, you play these missions (when they are not bugged and you can actually finish) in order to upgrade your stuff so you can play the same missions again slightly faster so that you can upgrade your stuff slightly better so you can play these missions again .....etc etc ad nauseam.

Used to be that your reason for getting the best of the best was to be able to hold your own in pvp and hopefully win a few games, but as pvp is essentially dead now I see no reason to continue with the upgrade treadmill. You can already complete all the missions so why bother spending tons of time and resources trying to do them a little bit faster?

If content was gated on achieving a certain quality level in the game it would make more sense but as it stands now it's grinding for grinding's sake and that makes no sense to me.

I understand your point, but show me an MMO that's different? Eventually, they all get to a point in which, once you've maxed out, everything becomes relatively easy. In my opinion, what STO lacks is depth. They need to expand upon the playable world...more places to go...more things to see...more places to hang out. If they fail to add to the game world, then players will become bored and see the game as being a waste of their time.

Once you've reached level 60 and have a T6 or a T5-U with at least Mark XII gear...then what PvE content exists that's challenging at all? Here's a good question...what content requires you to have a true tank?
    klingon-bridge.jpg

edited December 2014
    goodscotch wrote: »
    I understand your point, but show me an MMO that's different? Eventually, they all get to a point in which, once you've maxed out, everything becomes relatively easy. In my opinion, what STO lacks is depth. They need to expand upon the playable world...more places to go...more things to see...more places to hang out. If they fail to add to the game world, then players will become bored and see the game as being a waste of their time.

Once you've reached level 60 and have a T6 or a T5-U with at least Mark XII gear...then what PvE content exists that's challenging at all? Here's a good question...what content requires you to have a true tank?

Show an MMO that is different? Want to start alphabetically or..

Most non-garbage MMOs out there never let you walk all over high end content like its a joke. They don't sell multiples of power to ruin the game in favor of short term profit.

I use Rift as an example because we've played there a bit lately. As a new speced end level player I see people able to do 2 to 2.5x my damage. I'm somewhat ok with this because their equipment stats are literally twice mine. There is nobody on the server doing 10-20x my damage, the devs have actually put thought into balance. Bosses in expert level stuff is a challenge, but you have varying degrees you can work up in, normal, expert dungeon, raid t1, t2, t3. I'm not into raids, but from what people say the t3 stuff is tweaked extremely tight. In expert + content the bosses and dungeons all have mechanics. You can't sit there just shooting mindlessly, you need to engage, think and react.

In STO the lead devs says he doesn't know how players cause so much damage, and they just multiple enemy HP by a number and call it elite.

There are already too many places to hang out in STO with absolutely nothing to do. They haven't added anything social (significant) except empty rooms in a long time, or maybe ever?

In STO you can't have a tank because PVE is designed wrong. You have enemies that use single large blows of damage. When you multiply their damage up you one hit kill the tanks, there is no tanking on that. Devs here don't seem capable of actually changing the way ships attack (they haven't done that ever) they just multiple damage from normal to elite, but it stops working pretty fast once you one hit kill everyone. The game won't work until basics like that are fixed, which is not happening.. ever.
    Delirium Tremens
    Nothing to do anymore.
    edited December 2014
    nicha0 wrote: »
    ...Bosses in expert level stuff is a challenge, but you have varying degrees you can work up in, normal, expert dungeon, raid t1, t2, t3. I'm not into raids, but from what people say the t3 stuff is tweaked extremely tight. In expert + content the bosses and dungeons all have mechanics. You can't sit there just shooting mindlessly, you need to engage, think and react.

In STO the lead devs says he doesn't know how players cause so much damage, and they just multiple enemy HP by a number and call it elite.

There are already too many places to hang out in STO with absolutely nothing to do. They haven't added anything social (significant) except empty rooms in a long time, or maybe ever?

In STO you can't have a tank because PVE is designed wrong. You have enemies that use single large blows of damage. When you multiply their damage up you one hit kill the tanks, there is no tanking on that. Devs here don't seem capable of actually changing the way ships attack (they haven't done that ever) they just multiple damage from normal to elite, but it stops working pretty fast once you one hit kill everyone. The game won't work until basics like that are fixed, which is not happening.. ever.

This is what I meant when I posted, "show me an instance in which a true tank is necessary." There isn't one because the game mechanics are...well...I don't know what to say. There isn't an instance in which a true tank is a necessity.

You said something that is very true...in any given instance, it's possible to just park your ship and fire until you're blue in the face. That's a lack of depth.

Also, what you said about empty rooms with no functionality or purpose is another...depth problem.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am already at 0%. I have not played the game since the Anniversary event in early 2014. But I will be back soon this upcoming weekend.
  • rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited December 2014

Well spoken DDIS

I know you play also mainly KDF just like me. The last advantage they have over feds are the high xp doff missions in eta eridani system. Thats how I, patiently, level my KDF toons. Every 5 days or so 1 level. I dont play fed anymore cuz of the grind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They didn't ruin ground as much as space, sort of an intentional exploit they have given players because their game is so broken and mk14 dependent. Though they probably should unbreak the whole game, not use ground as a workaround.

They might have been indeed a bit too cautious when they decided to not make kit modules upgradeable but I have to wonder if they were really caring about "balance" or they were just inept to do it. Either way, whatever reasoning behind that was thrown out of the window after they released the atrocious Elachi Subspace Rift module.

I agree with your whole post not quoted here and would like to add the part where you have to gamble for modifiers in upgrading. When you craft something, you usually know what you want, right? Might as well blow up my tech after I misaligned some wire instead of giving me a different modifier. Poor analogy but hopefully you get the idea.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    Closing this thread as the OP is a currently banned user who created an alt account to circumvent a ban which is a violation of our TOS.

Q
This discussion has been closed.