test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[VIDEO] How to 17x a PUG ISA run ft. U.S.S. GAWAIN

sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
They say our DPS builds are too glassy to fly in a PUG.

They say we can't DPS without support from Recluses and Scimitars.

They say our Teamwork artificially inflates our numbers with exploit like debuff stacks.

They say our ships wouldn't get the DPS we claim they get in a PUG run with average/below average teammates.

I say they all have no absolutely no clue what they are talking about.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    is that... using the rom rep shield O_o

er no. Nukara shield. the build is in the Fed Shipyard section of the forums.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well duh, it's a forum. No-one ever has a clue what they are talking about.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »

im guessing borg 2pc for shield heals, because i only see sci team and epte for that purpose.
    having 2 if not 3 sub systems over 100 power half the time looks useful too.

...again nope. Nukara Def and RomEngine.
  • Options
    jadensonjadenson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Skill clicker.....this is all
  • Options
    donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice! I have one toon using tac oddy upgraded which has 4 tac console slots. Will have to start working on him soon. I have adapted maco shield on him though but have a number for dps to work on now lol.:)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    donowick wrote: »
    Nice! I have one toon using tac oddy upgraded which has 4 tac console slots. Will have to start working on him soon. I have adapted maco shield on him though but have a number for dps to work on now lol.:)

Normally a Science Odyssey > Tactical Odyssey.

Ryan has managed to get his hands on a Tac Oddy so all bets are off.
  • Options
    synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nicely done.

What's your Crit Chance and Crit severity at? The amount of crits you get are insane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I have notice a big difference with the forth tac slot on oddy so will be interesting to see what he does. But my toon is a eng so I know I won't be as high as him but I won't be that bad lol. Something more for me to work on. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Nicely done.

What's your Crit Chance and Crit severity at? The amount of crits you get are insane.

base of 20.7% crtH and 126.9% crtD
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Why is that? Because of SA?

I would have thought that a fourth Tac console spreading damage everywhere (via FAW) would be more valuable than boosting single target damage. Or am I missing something?

And while I'm asking - what is it that pops you back up to 100% with temp hitpoints? I've been away for too long D:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    praxi5 wrote: »

I would have thought that a fourth Tac console spreading damage everywhere (via FAW) would be more valuable than boosting single target damage. Or am I missing something?

And while I'm asking - what is it that pops you back up to 100% with temp hitpoints? I've been away for too long D:

Attack Pattern Expertise from the Pilot Spec.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    praxi5 wrote: »

It's not 100% hp back up. its just a "Layer" of hit points on top. So it looks like 100%. Same way Romulans Quantum Singularity works. Whenever I pop the Eclipse new Console "Poof" 28k HP layer on top of whatever I was at, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    base of 20.7% crtH and 126.9% crtD

Thanks, but, My Tac is at 22% and I dont get anywhere near the amount of Crits as your Videos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks, but, My Tac is at 22% and I dont get anywhere near the amount of Crits as your Videos.

You wont get anywhere near Jena's crits if you got 22% CriTD.

If you meant CrtH, it still doesnt change the damage which is based upon CriTD.

Jena said base 126.9% base CrTD. So you still need to add the CrTD - abilities, weapons, debuffs and buffs to that just to get that damage.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, sorry 22% Crth, Have to boot it up, but like 115% Crtd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's the Universal consoles that really put the CrtD over the top.

The Bioneural Infusion Circuits gives +15.2%, the Tachyokinetic gives 7.6%, and the Assimilated Module gives 9.2%

You get 32% just form those three consoles, and that's before you upgrade.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They say our DPS builds are too glassy to fly in a PUG.

They say we can't DPS without support from Recluses and Scimitars.

They say our Teamwork artificially inflates our numbers with exploit like debuff stacks.

They say our ships wouldn't get the DPS we claim they get in a PUG run with average/below average teammates.

I say they all have no absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

It is a solid build, impressive from that Odyssey. But, who's they??
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Just to clarify something here, with your "amounts"...are you talking damage "amounts" from Critical Hits or "amounts" of Critical Hits, as in the number of Critical Hits?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Just to clarify something here, with your "amounts"...are you talking damage "amounts" from Critical Hits or "amounts" of Critical Hits, as in the number of Critical Hits?

i have the same questions.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I always said our builds are solid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    i have the same questions.

lol. yeah its amount of crits happening. Just everytime I watch one of jena's Videos seems to get crit hits more then normal hits. So figured his Crit chance would be alot higher then that.

Only time I get that many crits is in a ship with SS running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Try to do 100 more PUG and see if you come out as good...or even manage to not fail flat out. If you can carry all 100 PUGs, I will be honestly and truely impressed.

That Oddy could solo ISA with timer intact, said pugs would need to be outright trying to fail on purpose in order for it to fail your proposed standard - you aren't testing Sarc's build by doing that, but the general population of STO players.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    And? That is important to know. I have been saying all along that the skill level of STO population is rather dismal. I have been in many PUGs where somebody dropped high GG grav well on the generator closest to the gate. Needless to say aiding the nanites come in faster tends to cause failures. I am curious to see if one DPSer can outstrip stupid.

And the answer to that is yes unless you get some Cee yoU Next Tuesday deliberately trying to throw the run.

If you do 5 LtR at least 2 or 3 people will shoot Cube first and the other one or two wont f**k up a gen by themselves (too stupid to do enough damage afterall) meaning you sweep the far side gens down to 10% watching nearside gens for spray/noob fire, then pop Cube if the others haven't done it yet. Pop all 4 gens in tandem, nuke the transformer as hard as possible.

Repeat for other side.

Nuke Gateway and Tac Cube.

In other words, an adapted LtR Solo 10% rule.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    And the answer to that is yes unless you get some Cee yoU Next Tuesday deliberately trying to throw the run.

If you do 5 LtR at least 2 or 3 people will shoot Cube first and the other one or two wont f**k up a gen by themselves (too stupid to do enough damage afterall) meaning you sweep the far side gens down to 10% watching nearside gens for spray/noob fire, then pop Cube if the others haven't done it yet. Pop all 4 gens in tandem, nuke the transformer as hard as possible.

Repeat for other side.

Nuke Gateway and Tac Cube.

In other words, an adapted LtR Solo 10% rule.

^^ yep. Always be ready for the screwup team. But try to do what needs to be done solo. Rarely fail. Only time I do is if Im the only DPS, and the team scatters and Grav Wells the Generator as fast as they can. But still rarely fail when that happens. But, it does happen.

I do see if every member is low DPS Im sure it fails all the time. But if your at least up there you rarely fail even if your the only Competent one on the team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]