test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIDEO] How to 17x a PUG ISA run ft. U.S.S. GAWAIN

2»

Comments

• mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Quick, take down this Vid before a Dev sees it! We don't want to give them more ideas on what to nerf next.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I don't think the 10% would help you out when people are dropping massive grav wells. You lose almost 5 seconds with that. And those grav well tend to do pretty good damage to the gens. And I somehow doubt that everyone I have seen do that is a gonna fail us troll. And with the new DPS upgrade to MK XIV, there are seems to be enough BFAW boats that don't do enough to really help with the transformers but do enough to really mess up the gen these days...especially since they nerfed those gens to even lower then pre DR HP levels it seems. My not for giggles boats can sneeze and blow them up it seems.

10% is a guide - what you are doing is making sure all gens go down simultaneously, and then you nuke the Transformer. Someone grav welling shouldn't make any difference as all 4 go down at once if you do your bit right.

And if you do the DPS required to Solo ISA, the Transformer is dead before Nanites show up.

That just leaves the Cube, and quite frankly, taking them out now only matters for the timer. You can leave them until the end so you can face 2 Cubes and a Tac Cube at once if you like.

It is about pre-empting the possible errors to guarantee the pass.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They say our DPS builds are too glassy to fly in a PUG.

They say we can't DPS without support from Recluses and Scimitars.

They say our Teamwork artificially inflates our numbers with exploit like debuff stacks.

They say our ships wouldn't get the DPS we claim they get in a PUG run with average/below average teammates.

I say they all have no absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

Reminds me of the moron, who displayed 32k in a KASA when he was the only one who's task it was, to eliminate the gens and transmitters, while I myself aided in eliminating probes and, helping him or, whoever else with the cubes + sphere.

He had the nerve to say, pick up the pace guys, when it was intended for him to be the main destroyer of things, whilst I am mainly running guard duty on one side + aiding everyone with the cubes + sphere.

Duh, you don't get much dps when running guard duty you dunce and, being the only person to suck up all of the HP sponges by yourself, naturally your dps is going to be superb vs those who can only manage 1 or, a few targets at a time.

Don't get me wrong sarcasm, I am not saying you are as dunce as this example person but, you did just show in video a text book example of how to suck up all the available dps, while the other's are more apt for individual combat or, limited in overall capability.

Yes, it shows what a single person can do but, it also shows you need not only know your stuff but, a wide array of good quality everything!

A fresh lvl50, with no better than common - un-common doffs and, an out of the box so to speak ship + ship gear, would find it much more difficult to sustain that kind of firepower and, sustain that much survivability using those exact same boff skills.

While it's cool you can show what potential there is, saying that people do not know what they are saying about certain subjects, does tend to make you appear as na
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To me the OP is a response to those that hate on them for their tactically oriented setups to get the most DPS out of a build.

A lot of peeps just don't comprehend the work it takes to set that kind of thing up anyway. PUG'ing 52K in an Oddy is kinda funny too. It's a pay ship, but no better than an Assault Cruiser (not pay with the exception of the T5-U token). If anything the AC is better as this was a Science Oddy.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=gawaint5u_5833

Most of the gear is VR or UR with only couple of Epic's on there. So in essence it's pretty avg for a Mk XIV geared ship.

If someone was calling me out for being TRIBBLE and only good with glass cannon's for a properly setup group, this response would be expected in the end. It highlights that a lot of the complainers and whiners actually have no idea what they are talking about and gives the OP a decent sense of satisfaction in having proven they do know what they are talking about. The whiners and complainers however won't consider they were ever wrong as it's part of their personality dysfunction anyway.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually an Oddy-U is a vastly superior ship to an FACR-U. In fact, the FACR-U is obsolete apart from it being a Sovvy.

And as for the base Assault Cruiser, it has no reason to be picked over any of the four Oddy variants apart from cost.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Actually an Oddy-U is a vastly superior ship to an FACR-U. In fact, the FACR-U is obsolete apart from it being a Sovvy.

You said it first, I was going to say that the Oddy, is by no means a punk of a cruiser!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Kawai Oddy-chan!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Umm...that's not a 100k DPS run. With the current boost in DPS, I don't think people were saying that you could not make a pretty sturdy 60Ker for pugging...it was more for the 100Kers.

Your pug also had somebody smart enough to use grav wells efficently. That is RARE in a PUG. Try to do 100 more PUG and see if you come out as good...or even manage to not fail flat out. If you can carry all 100 PUGs, I will be honestly and truely impressed.

That said...that was some nice flying there :) .

Lol, players that actually know how to use a grav well or power drain effectively are very few.

Some knowledge is shared in these forums but goes ignored. You can push grav gens so high now you can make a grav well that's about 20km wide.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

And as for the base Assault Cruiser, it has no reason to be picked over any of the four Oddy variants apart from cost.

LOL I guess I just don't like the Oddy much then :D
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • shinra84shinra84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nice boost to dmg by 4x embassy consoles :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CLR—Infected Space[2:24]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@9.163.310(65.437)—Xindi-E(dbb/mk.xiv)—build
    CLR—Infected Space[2:06]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@6.421.868(52.210)—JHAS(dhc/mk.xiv)—build
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Kawai Oddy-chan!
    I always thought of it more as Oddy-dono than -chan...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ody-chan... It certainly looks small and fragile, that little Ody.... /sarcasm

Ody-dono is more appropriate^^ after all its pretty much the tank of pve-tanks.
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Ody-chan... It certainly looks small and fragile, that little Ody.... /sarcasm

Ody-dono is more appropriate^^ after all its pretty much the tank of pve-tanks.

Well, when you put it that way Ody-sama would be more appropriate.