test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Snowballs: why?

ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
I was going around the ice race track thing in Q's Winter Wonderland, two rather irritating people (one with a Star Wars related handle I would add, which explains a lot) followed me around throwing snowballs.

I have to ask, what on earth do you hope to achieve by having these in game? I want to play the game without some idiot trolls having "fun", stop feeding them please.
Post edited by ashrod63 on

Comments

• Options
    nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    The trolls gotta troll it up.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm sorry, the people who hate snowballs are DEFINITELY in the minority this time.

Shout as loudly as you all want to, you'll still be in the minority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashrod63 wrote: »
    I was going around the ice race track thing in Q's Winter Wonderland, two rather irritating people (one with a Star Wars related handle I would add, which explains a lot) followed me around throwing snowballs.

I have to ask, what on earth do you hope to achieve by having these in game? I want to play the game without some idiot trolls having "fun", stop feeding them please.

To get reactions exactly like this out of people like you ;)

I have no problem with it and I like the randomness of it. It's like seeing someone in real life get blindsided by a snowball to the side of the head!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2014
    Next thing you know, this topic will end up in the FCT (Frequently Closed Threads)

Yeah, I know it actually stands for Frequently Created Threads, but it could use some renaming.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To get reactions exactly like this out of people like you ;)

I have no problem with it and I like the randomness of it. It's like seeing someone in real life get blindsided by a snowball to the side of the head!
    Yeah, except if I were to hit some random person with a snowball in Real Life, I could reactions ranging from them crying because I hurt them to them calling the police for assult, or maybe they'd just pound the snot out of me. If I'm hitting/getting hit by a friend, that's one thing, but we are talking about people hitting random people who are actually trying to play the game as intended.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Snowballs are the best thing ever and the players love it. :cool:
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Snowballs didn't get nerfed, just the intent did.
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Snowballs are the best thing ever and the players love it. :cool:

Sheep.
    bergins wrote: »
    Yeah, except if I were to hit some random person with a snowball in Real Life, I could reactions ranging from them crying because I hurt them to them calling the police for assult, or maybe they'd just pound the snot out of me. If I'm hitting/getting hit by a friend, that's one thing, but we are talking about people hitting random people who are actually trying to play the game as intended.

Back in the day, snowballs were "lite and fluffy", and were like a pillow fight.
    lystent wrote: »
    Next thing you know, this topic will end up in the FCT (Frequently Closed Threads)

Yeah, I know it actually stands for Frequently Created Threads, but it could use some renaming.

BS! Help I'm being Repressed!!
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Riiiight and that's why snowballs just got nerfed last week.

Cuz the number of complaints about griefing was in the minority. :rolleyes:

They didn't get nerfed actually.

Thankyou for playing Star Trek Online (tm)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The griefers with their cries of anguish when the knockdown was removed thought of it as a nerf. :P

The knockdown wasn't removed actually.

Thankyou for playing Star Trek Online (tm)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Where did I mention the holodeck? My post you quoted and edited says tribble.

Claiming I edited your post, when what actually happened is that I quoted it before you inserted the bit about tribble... That's a bit pathetic. Your first post I quoted didn't mention tribble - you'd better go back and edit it.

Merry Christmas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    Claiming I edited your post, when what actually happened is that I quoted it before you inserted the bit about tribble... That's a bit pathetic. Your first post I quoted didn't mention tribble - you'd better go back and edit it.

Merry Christmas.

Welcome to the STO Forums, where, if you edit a post, it automatically puts a Time/Date stamp at the bottom of the edited post.

Thanks for posting about Star Trek Online. (TM)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    Welcome to the STO Forums, where, if you edit a post, it automatically puts a Time/Date stamp at the bottom of the edited post.

Thanks for posting about Star Trek Online. (TM)

Not if you do it within about 20 seconds it doesn't.

Edit: see?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Hrm... really?

Edit: Well, I just fatfingered my test post, spoiling the results. I'm not spamming this thread to test it more, but I'm still pretty suspicious.
  • Options
    captaincrane73captaincrane73 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Nice try. You can hit enter a type Edit: and proclaim you waited 20 seconds and then edit you post. I waited 5 minutes before editing this post.

Edit: See? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sorry, I'm not that fast a reader, or typist to pull that off. Nor am I psychic enough to know when I'm going to be quoted within 20 seconds of posting so I'm ready to make changes that fast.

Your full of it, anyone can read what you originally posted in his quoted reply, that cant be changed by anyone. Longtime forum goers know you can edit posts without the time stamp showing if your fast enough , I done it myself.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ppl are throwing snowballs at me in real life and it's quite rude
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Your full of it, anyone can read what you originally posted in his quoted reply, that cant be changed by anyone. Look I'm the one who is full of it!!!! I done it myself.

You're right you can't change other people's posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014

You were much kinder than I was going to be in my "edit."
  • Options
    goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2014

At least unlike you , I'm not a idiot the believes you can't edit post without the time stamp showing.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the OP is quite right, there are times for fun and there are times you just want to complete an objective without interference.
    I have no problem with other players pelting me with snowballs at any other time but when you are racing be it solo in TFGOI or in the pve of TF&TF we just want to be left alone to enjoy the race, there is plenty of time to have fun with snowballs after the racing is done.

some players might have limited time especially with the race for the ship and need to just get in do the race and get out as quick as possible, throwing snowballs at them and causing them to loose and have to restart is just not being a sport.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This whole thread is a test...

A test to see how fast it can get deleted/closed.

Mty guess is it will last till Friday when Smirk checks in again.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    At least unlike you , I'm not a idiot the believes you can't edit post without the time stamp showing.

I think you misunderstood me. I never said that editing posts doesn't show a time stamp. I made a post showing how, putting edit: <insert reason> at the bottom of a post, could make it look like it was edited with no time stamp.

Also, you said that no one can edit another person's quoted reply, which I did and then you insulted me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh and here's the thread I was talking about where the griefers panicked over the tribble notes.

Snowballs getting nerfed - bye bye fun
    It was such a fun thread. You know, to have the same people that used to said "deal with it" being told "deal with it" when the wind turned. And not liking it.
    I so wish they kept the nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm sorry, the people who hate snowballs are DEFINITELY in the minority this time.

Shout as loudly as you all want to, you'll still be in the minority.

Grow up. Nobody hates snowballs. Many of us, however, dislike griefing.
    maina wrote: »

Love your signature. :)
    erei1 wrote: »
    It was such a fun thread. You know, to have the same people that used to said "deal with it" being told "deal with it" when the wind turned. And not liking it.
    I so wish they kept the nerf.

Hopefully they will implement it in the next maintenance, along with a fix for the Chel Grett discount issue.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the OP is quite right, there are times for fun and there are times you just want to complete an objective without interference.
    I have no problem with other players pelting me with snowballs at any other time but when you are racing be it solo in TFGOI or in the pve of TF&TF we just want to be left alone to enjoy the race, there is plenty of time to have fun with snowballs after the racing is done.

some players might have limited time especially with the race for the ship and need to just get in do the race and get out as quick as possible, throwing snowballs at them and causing them to loose and have to restart is just not being a sport.

Yes, general rule of thumb it's okay to engage in snowball fight with friends, just like it's okay to engage in pillow fights with friends.... walking up to some random person on the street and pelting them with something is not. Anyone who would not want this potential fun to be nerfed would condemn the actions of people who use it to grief other players.

This will of course get lost on our resident sociopaths.