test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nothing is DOOMED!

leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
Everything is apparently reasonably alright.

Maybe could use a fix here or there.

Certainly there are patches and fixes that would get more players back in game.

But I doubt we're in for short-term, immediate future doom.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    DOOM has been postponed ... until after the holidays ... .

... sadly Kim Jong-un didn't get that memo ...
  • eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Everything is apparently reasonably alright.

Maybe could use a fix here or there.

Certainly there are patches and fixes that would get more players back in game.

But I doubt we're in for short-term, immediate future doom.

STAR TREK Online is already dead and very well doomed.

Aragala Online is doing fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • isawesomeisntisawesomeisnt Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    eltatus wrote: »
    STAR TREK Online is already dead and very well doomed.

Aragala Online is doing fine.

How a game that got years of development and feedback becomes in a one-map grinding fest? its like some kind of dark magic imo.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    DOOM Doom! Doomy doom doom! :D
    I need a beer.

• medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Doomsday Machine is DOOMED!
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This Too Shall Pass...

:(
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2014
    Season's Greetings from Doom! :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited December 2014
    Quoting the epho girl "¿Dont you want a doomed thread?"
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Quoting the epho girl "¿Dont you want a doomed thread?"
    We used to have fun with the Doom Thread, but then the Negative Nellies swarmed all over it, having scented someone having fun and being unable to tolerate any such thing...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited December 2014
    I hope that dont happend to this thread, well nothing its doomed here at least.:D
    edited December 2014
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I have 10 characters and have been playing for years now, multiple of my characters are now at level 60, and the rest are closing on it. I have only played the Argala patrol the one time required for the mission, if you choose to grind the same map over and over again it is your choice, no one else made you do it, knock off the ridiculous garbage.

No thx, your like it or not the argala is like a meme now, in fact i have been in argala like 2 times since i lvled the only char that i mattered to 60 while taw dewa was still on, besides i just log to make rp or some funny thing with fleet mates... new content? that DRthat everybody love? no thx, if you like it, good for you, now go back to gecko feets.
    edited December 2014
    No, you state an opinion which is not and will never be a fact, period. You really don't get it do you, I play exactly the same way I have played for 4 years now, no changes at all, I wanna do an STF, I do an STF, I wanna play a story mission I play one, whether its one I've played many times like Operation Gamma or a brand new one. I am not in any rush at all to max out spec points, I'll get them when I get them, in the mean time my characters are just as much fun as ever and they are picking up new tricks which hasn't happened in a long while, making them more fun. You wanna suck all the fun out of your game by playing a single map over and over again in an epeen quest to become the "most powerful playah evah" that's all on you, not on anyone else. I would try to be more polite about all this but as per usual as soon as anyone disagrees with you you pull out the "gecko feets" comment, which despite the bad grammer I am assuming is an attempt to call me a member of the mythical cryptic defense force or some similar garbage made up by people like you to defame anyone who does not agree with you hystrionics, and I simply will not waste any further time with you when I can go right back to playing and having fun in the game.

Bye, dont forget your wallet :D they want it.
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No, you state an opinion which is not and will never be a fact, period. You really don't get it do you, I play exactly the same way I have played for 4 years now, no changes at all, I wanna do an STF, I do an STF, I wanna play a story mission I play one, whether its one I've played many times like Operation Gamma or a brand new one. I am not in any rush at all to max out spec points, I'll get them when I get them, in the mean time my characters are just as much fun as ever and they are picking up new tricks which hasn't happened in a long while, making them more fun. You wanna suck all the fun out of your game by playing a single map over and over again in an epeen quest to become the "most powerful playah evah" that's all on you, not on anyone else. I would try to be more polite about all this but as per usual as soon as anyone disagrees with you you pull out the "gecko feets" comment, which despite the bad grammer I am assuming is an attempt to call me a member of the mythical cryptic defense force or some similar garbage made up by people like you to defame anyone who does not agree with you hystrionics, and I simply will not waste any further time with you when I can go right back to playing and having fun in the game.

Grammar police are funny when they come out and tell others they have bad grammar when they aren't doing so great at grammar themselves. You make it sound like you are too emotional to make a decent reply.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    DOOM has been postponed ... until after the holidays ... .

... sadly Kim Jong-un didn't get that memo ...

I'm gonna sing the doom song now:
    doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom
  • christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How a game that got years of development and feedback becomes in a one-map grinding fest? its like some kind of dark magic imo.

Ive leveled 6 toons to 60 WITHOUT grinding Argala...I know its amazing. I just did other stuff like play with fleeties
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ive leveled 6 toons to 60 WITHOUT grinding Argala...I know its amazing. I just did other stuff like play with fleeties

I have got all my characters to lv60 also and well beyond, in fact everyone has got their characters to lv60 without any problems except the players who would rather spend their time complaining that they cant get to lv60 cos it`s too hard and will take years of grinding Argala.

same thing with the pve ques and players who would rather spend their time complaining about how the ques are dead then actually trying to que for a mission.
    I`ve had no problem getting qued missions, you just join a que or start a que and within a few minutes your playing, even quicker if like you say play with fleeties, and most of the time we win even but then it would not be any fun if there wasn't a slight chance of loosing.

I know the games not perfect but its not half as bad as some posters try to make out.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    See, DOOM even finds a way to start a heated discussion in a silly thread about nothing.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    We used to have fun with the Doom Thread, but then the Negative Nellies swarmed all over it, having scented someone having fun and being unable to tolerate any such thing...

Rofl, the negative nellies!? Now, that's just about the funniest way to describe them I've ever heard :D
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I've leveled three 50 to 60, three 50's to 58, one 50 to 57, and one talaxian from a tadpole to 55. Most of the fleets I'm in are all but dead since just after DR was released, and the STFs are mostly "reporting errors" of zero usage, and the early content missions don't seem to have much in the way of xp, Doffing has been effectively both nerfed and made irrelevant since the xp required from 50 to 60 was increased.

So what's this incredibly active fleet name? I might look you guys up.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    Well today is a special day , not a day for doom :D
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not to seem like just a contrarian now, but this IS technically a doom thread...
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Happy Holidays and Happy DOOM!, to all.

DOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Rofl, the negative nellies!? Now, that's just about the funniest way to describe them I've ever heard :D

Back in my day they were called Negative Nancies. Kids these days, tut tut tut.