test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Laucher will not finish loading.

I see others are having issues with STO since the last ARC patch, but none seem to cover the issue I have run into. I can get into ARC fine and hit the "Play" for STO. I get the launcher screen, but it is all black and just freezes on "Loading....please wait" and that is all it does. I have tried launching if from the PWE folder in Program Files directly and I get the same result. It was fine before the last update on Thursday. I'm stumped as to what to do because I don't even get to the login screen for the launcher. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ARC to no avail. I even still had the old STO downloader, but PWE must have shut that down because it doens't download anything. Any help would be appreciated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
Post edited by pegasuscic on

Comments

• Options
    eddore2eddore2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I feel your pain. It seems to be an incompatibility with the latest Windows update. I start the Cryptic screen, it goes white and tells me I'm hosed. Please post if you get any help with this issue.
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I had that problem when game tried automatically load itself in DX11, try launcher -> options -> command line -> -d3d9, write that down.
    Do try, maybe it helps...
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    locdonenlocdonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pegasuscic wrote: »
    I see others are having issues with STO since the last ARC patch, but none seem to cover the issue I have run into. I can get into ARC fine and hit the "Play" for STO. I get the launcher screen, but it is all black and just freezes on "Loading....please wait" and that is all it does. I have tried launching if from the PWE folder in Program Files directly and I get the same result. It was fine before the last update on Thursday. I'm stumped as to what to do because I don't even get to the login screen for the launcher. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ARC to no avail. I even still had the old STO downloader, but PWE must have shut that down because it doens't download anything. Any help would be appreciated.

It's been doing this to me for the past three days, support is being no help and it's pissing me off frankly. It has gotten to the point when I open STO it crashes my computer into a blue screen. Total BS.
  • Options
    darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm getting to the crypitic loading screen then the launcher goes black and I can't do anything else but I can hear the login music.

EDIT: oh wait nevermind scratch the last part I now cant even hear the music anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Tech support: Kindly have your computer drivers updated and internet explorer. You can use this link for your graphics card: www.geforce.com/drivers

After the update, kindly try to open the launcher again.

Me: Drivers were up to date, didn't change anything.

wtf?
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Kill the launcher thread in the task manager and relaunch. It may take a few tries but it eventually starts running. The launcher needs to finish d/l'ing those feature packets in order to trigger a game launch. If your ISP drops a packet the feature (advertisements) never complete and the launcher hangs.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Kill the launcher thread in the task manager and relaunch. It may take a few tries but it eventually starts running. The launcher needs to finish d/l'ing those feature packets in order to trigger a game launch. If your ISP drops a packet the feature (advertisements) never complete and the launcher hangs.

That worked for about 3% of the 10GB game before it crashed into the blue screen again.
  • Options
    eddore2eddore2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey! Replacing the drivers worked! Thanks! (and no thanks to the developers for their wondderful customer service).
  • Options
    kira30kira30 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well to fix my issue I just re-installed Arc and now it logs in fine.
  • Options
    spacecolumbus24spacecolumbus24 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm having the same problem right now, it goes to a black screen that says "Loading...Please Wait" and it doesnt go anywhere from there. Even left it for a whole day and nothing. The only way I can get it to work on my side is installing the game about 3-5 times. I also tried getting into the game from the gameclient but when I login from there the server times out. I've sent a ticket to PW and Steam and I havent gotten anything yet.